Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

MCC Suggestion: On Foot Third Person Option

OP Crusader T F

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Im sorry but no matter if its just for PVE i don't think it would fit in the would of halo! It wouldn't feel the same, not saying it would be a cool change it just doesn't fit!
The only time third person is good in Halo is when you're carrying turrets and stuff, in my opinion.
No that’s not Halo.
Hurbii wrote:
The only time third person is good in Halo is when you're carrying turrets and stuff, in my opinion.
The third person I'm talking about is like carrying turrets, except it's for all weapons, not just turrets.
jalam wrote:
No that’s not Halo.
How is it not halo? Halo already has third person for vehicles and turrets, both stationary and while carrying them. So why not have an option to go third person regardless of what weapon you're carrying.
Im sorry but no matter if its just for PVE i don't think it would fit in the would of halo! It wouldn't feel the same, not saying it would be a cool change it just doesn't fit!
How would it not fit? Third person already exists in the game, vehicles, turrets, etc. This would just give players a preference they can choose.
For campaign and firefight, why not? Though if 343 can provide good mod support, the modding community might be able to create 3rd person modes for campaign+firefight as well.
Look tbh they won't do this but I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I would limit it to campaign and a feature to have in forge. If people really want it later down the road add a mode in mm for a 3rd person. I just can't see this being in mm since its an obv advantage to 3rd person because of corner peaking. IMO Halo would be pretty fun in 3rd person if they added this it would remind me of when GTA 5 when they added the first person. Give me another reason to play the campaign again
Or, better yet, a first person option for vehicles.
Thinking about it more, more 3rd person wouldn't hurt. Maybe heavy weapons like spartan laser could work in 3rd person and feel more epic, just like detached turret.
USCRuss72 wrote:
I disagree, third person is not something that works for Halo. It would allow players to see others before they even got to them, which takes away from the competitiveness of the game.

Third person also just doesnt feel right in a FPS. Vehicles and turrent usage is fine but for on foot is pushing it.
You clearly did not read the part where the OP stated that the Third Person POV would only be used in Campaign and Co-op.
Who reads posts before commenting on them these days am I right? It just needed "third person" in the thread title to make people skip the whole thing and post their BS.
Hurbii wrote:
Thinking about it more, more 3rd person wouldn't hurt. Maybe heavy weapons like spartan laser could work in 3rd person and feel more epic, just like detached turret.
The 3rd person I'm wanting is to work with all weapons, not just the heavy weapons.
Or, better yet, a first person option for vehicles.
A little bit off topic, I'd like to see that too as well as third person on foot.
This is something that should be left to the modding community, not the devs
this is not gears of wars LOL, I do not agree
I think Halo is made for first-person and I'd only want to play it in first-person. However, I always say I'd never be against more options and I would not say "no" to having third-person camera included.
Hamel wrote:
This is something that should be left to the modding community, not the devs
Didn't you read the whole post? I said that the modding community will be there but there's no guarantee a third person mod would even be possible, plus you'd have to wait for someone to even make a third person mod which would take longer than game devs developing it themselves. Also would save the hassle of installing mods which can be a pain in general.
this is not gears of wars LOL, I do not agree
Read the whole post dude. You can still play in first person if you want. It's not getting rid of first person view, it'd just give players an extra option.
I think Halo is made for first-person and I'd only want to play it in first-person. However, I always say I'd never be against more options and I would not say "no" to having third-person camera included.
Respectable answer dude. Very respectable.
I think Halo is made for first-person and I'd only want to play it in first-person. However, I always say I'd never be against more options and I would not say "no" to having third-person camera included.
Respectable answer dude. Very respectable.
Thanks!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4