Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

MCC will be more than 30$ on PC ?

OP BKR Vasily

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have done some reading and if there is something we all know is that each part of the Halo saga will release individually, but what I didn't know until recently is that they will have individual purchases as well. Does this mean they will average it out to 7$ per download and that would be assuming the price will be higher for PC players than console. In my opinion wouldn't it be better to do a one time purchase of 30 or 40 dollars and just download the games as they release ? Is this a good move from 343 ?
Would be nice if it was $30 but I think they deserve at LEAST double that. This project is huge and what they are promising is a dream come true.
rubicon68 wrote:
Would be nice if it was $30 but I think they deserve at LEAST double that. This project is huge and what they are promising is a dream come true.
I have to agree with you there!
They said there is no season like pass they are doing for this (buying them all ahead of time) so you will have to wait until all games are released for the collection to buy all at once.
The Xbox pricing for the PC MCC would be a bargain. I would gladly pay that for Reach alone.
The game released at a price of $40 USD in 2014
EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong
With the amount of people hyped for the release of reach alone i wouldn't be surprised if all of the individual games added up to be the full $60. With the split release people also may be more inclined to buy the next game because they have the opportunity to hold off from purchasing it rather than paying for all games upfront and not knowing what to expect.
rubicon68 wrote:
Although I agree completely, I think "taxing" PC players for these games that are years old is kinda wrong if that's the route they take. These games are not getting any newer so why would we pay more for it. Again I completely agree but I feel like it could drive potential sales away if they try and greed the situation.
With the amount of people hyped for the release of reach alone i wouldn't be surprised if all of the individual games added up to be the full $60. With the split release people also may be more inclined to buy the next game because they have the opportunity to hold off from purchasing it rather than paying for all games upfront and not knowing what to expect.
olenurpo wrote:
The Xbox pricing for the PC MCC would be a bargain. I would gladly pay that for Reach alone.
You are ok paying retail for a game that's 9 years old. I'm not sure if I'm ok with that. I'm going to buy reach and halo 3 for sure almost regardless of price but it's the principle behind it. You dont want to start off putting a bad taste in our mouths when there are tons more of PC players in comparison to console we could make or break their year. I understand that it took alot to make this possible but it doesnt take away from these titles being 10+ year old titles
rubicon68 wrote:
What they are promising and what they are going to deliver will be 2 different things remember that bungie was the godfather of halo. I believe 343 will do a great job but my main concern will be the player base will there be enough players to have a great gaming experience
With 6 games in total, I'd be happy to put down something like 50-60€ for the whole package.
Judging by your comments, some of you guys really want to pay 60 bucks, but the price is now 30 bucks. But I wouldn't mind paying 60 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
being a halo fan im ok paying 60$ for the set, but what im not happy about is if they were to release them and tax pc players when they are simply re-releasing a game only to a new platform
With 6 games in total, I'd be happy to put down something like 50-60€ for the whole package.
Not if they are carved out stripped down versions of those games like they are on the current mcc
Some people may not want the whole collection, this makes it easy for them to pick rather than forcing them to get it all. It also allows the hype to be drawn out, and this is a good thing for the Halo community and for 343. I think it's a smart move, plus we'll have to wait less time to jump in the MCC PC.
Halo, my favorite and first game I've played since childhood now coming to PC which I hoped for since Halo 2 was out, I gladly pay 500 dollars for MCC and reach (not kidding) and even though it is an old game the have to make it for pc and they are not just gonna port it they are gonna make it from scratch, many people was trying to get Halo reach to work on PC with Xenia, they couldnt even start the campaign up letalone that the whole MCC will be on pc and on steam, and (its not confirmed yet but) there is a chance that there will be mod support and so on. This is gonna be number 1 game on steam for a very long time no doubt
Some people are saying that you have to buy each game individually until everything is released. So I'd have to wait until the very end if I want to buy the bundle to get a discount? If that's the case screw the discount, I just want to play already.
Not if they are carved out stripped down versions of those games like they are on the current mcc
Obviously.
I'll happily pay a price higher then $30 been waiting for longer then 10 years for this time of action on PC with halo.
I think I'll just grab a month of Xbox Live Gold each time one comes out, then grab the whole collection when it's discounted on steam. Probably the most cost effective method. Though if the steam friends integration is good enough I might buy them each outright for easier multiplayer functionality.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2