I just want to weigh-in on a most likely uncommon opinion.

i think that when mcc comes to pc, mkb players will be in for an unpleasant surprise. While mkb has really showcased in games with precision & multiple controls (ie fortnite for building or overwatch with its faster gameplay), I think that halos straightforward and simplistic gameplay will keep a relatively even playing field. With that being said, cross-play or multiple inputs playing against each other should be implemented & @ very least optional. REDACTED kind of proved that mkb & controller can play in harmony. Over time I’m sure mkb may pull ahead, but I think the ranking system would do a good job balancing out the playing field. Just curious what others think
yeah. No matter how many Pc FPS you have played, Halo gameplay its just completelly different from, for ex. : CSGO or COD (the most played PC FPS), its not as tactical as CSGO, and not as fast and luck based as COD, and because not all the weapons have zoom, the typical RMB (right mouse button) aiming from all FPS wont work. So there we have an advantage of knowing the controls perfectly
Just a note that you can't discuss modded content here OP
People overestimate the advantage KB/M players have for games like Halo IMO. Yes there is a small advantage but it is not really a big deal. As an Xbone player I would be happy to get the added population of PC players and have my rank drop down from the advantaged players. I don't see why it matters if one input type has an advantage if the ranking system will still put you against people that are as good on a KB/M as you are on a controller It all evens out either way.
I don't do M&K so I'll always have that slight disadvantage or they could do what Bungie did with Destiny 2 on PC, give controllers slight auto-aim.
I haven't used a controller for an FPS online content since just after the release of Black Ops 2 on the PS3. Its been so long that i cant aim on them any more. All i know is that i have hugely more controll with my KBM, including being able to change sensitivity on the fly with the press of a button on my mouse.

With that said, i do believe that a person that is used to a controller and has tuned their reaction times and controller settings to make up for things like longer travel times and even turn rate to change the direction you face would be able to substantially close the margins between the control methods in competitive play.

Just remember: your controller has only so far on the stick before it maxes out, the joy stick then has to return to the neutral position and then in the opposite direction to change directions. A mouse user can whip their mouse around as fast as they want, with it being able to respond to a change in movement instantly. On top of that, you can shake your hand left to right WAY faster than you will ever be able to move your thumb. Beyond that, a controller user also has to remove fingers from the sticks on occasion to hit other buttons (eg: weapon swap, reload, jump), where a KBM user has their fingers resting on that key almost constantly or have a very short travel time while not being required to remove their finger from their primary directional inputs.
oh Brett wrote:
I just want to weigh-in on a most likely uncommon opinion.

i think that when mcc comes to pc, mkb players will be in for an unpleasant surprise. While mkb has really showcased in games with precision & multiple controls (ie fortnite for building or overwatch with its faster gameplay), I think that halos straightforward and simplistic gameplay will keep a relatively even playing field. With that being said, cross-play or multiple inputs playing against each other should be implemented & @ very least optional. REDACTED kind of proved that mkb & controller can play in harmony. Over time I’m sure mkb may pull ahead, but I think the ranking system would do a good job balancing out the playing field. Just curious what others think
No I don't think so KB/M players will have a superior advantage over controller players period. Faster input and faster response times. If they were to do cross play which would be unlikely they would have to split social between ranked as controller players on ranked will most likely have a huge disadvantage, Auto aim also should not be put on the pc version of multiplayer or single player on the pc version for multiple balance reasons, How much auto aim is too much they would have to ask them selves, and it would never be properly balanced. Just my 343 cents.
The big deciding factor when it comes to this is aim assist. Halo is notorious for having tons of aim assist, but it needs it so that the controller can function properly. In most PC games, you can use a controller but only with aim assist disabled, making it impossible to compete against kb&m. When aim assist is applied the playing field actually flips, the average controller user will now be better than the average kb&m user because of the handicap. The top players however will always be on KB&M because it offers the ability to be more precise and quick, as well as the ability to input multiple actions far quicker: just think, on keyboard, you can run, jump, switch weapons, aim, and fire all in about 0.5 seconds, something that isn't possible on controller without bumper jumper and claw gripping.
Mouse and keyboard users have historically always had an inherent advantage. The only reason people with controller can even hit anything is because of aim assist. The game literally does 80% of the aiming for them.
VelixGV wrote:
Mouse and keyboard users have historically always had an inherent advantage. The only reason people with controller can even hit anything is because of aim assist. The game literally does 80% of the aiming for them.
While I don’t disagree with kbm having the advantage, I still believe controller players will easily hold their own on halo. @ the beginning @ least. Also, aim assist is simply necessary - have you tried betraying your teammates? It’s incredibly difficult.
oh Brett wrote:
VelixGV wrote:
While I don’t disagree with kbm having the advantage, I still believe controller players will easily hold their own on halo. @ the beginning @ least. Also, aim assist is simply necessary - have you tried betraying your teammates? It’s incredibly difficult.
But they do have an inherent advantage. Ever heard of Quake? It had cross platform multiplayer and the PC players always won.
Aim assist is necessary, on console, because a controller is nowhere near as precise as a mouse. There's a reason why aim assist isn't used on PC.
VelixGV wrote:
oh Brett wrote:
VelixGV wrote:
But they do have an inherent advantage. Ever heard of Quake? It had cross platform multiplayer and the PC players always won.
Aim assist is necessary, on console, because a controller is nowhere near as precise as a mouse. There's a reason why aim assist isn't used on PC.
Agreed. Aim assist is WAY too easy to abuse. Simply wrapping your KBM inputs as an emulated xbox controller would enable aim assist for KBM users and it would be very difficult to detect. That would make PC players exploiting the aim assist that meant to assist controller users even more unfair against a legit controller user. Having any kind of aim assist baked in is a purely bad idea.