Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Need help modding CE and Halo 2

OP p1ay4OURFUN

Hello all. I’ve had some experience in modding classic Halo CE with HMT, and no experience in modding Halo 2.

I’m currently wanting to mod CE and 2 on MCC, and while I’m aware the Assembly mod tool won’t work for those, I’m curious as to what will. HMT doesn’t seem to work with CE’s files for MCC, as all I get is an error message whenever I try and load a map into the tool

Does anyone know how I can go about modding Halo CE and Halo 2 for MCC? If HMT is the way to go, then could someone please help me understand what I’m doing wrong?
Assembly does work for MCC Halo 2. You have to decompress the Halo 2 map files, though. Assembly has a function for that. When you're done with your changes, you can re-compress the map files and then load the game with anti-cheat disabled to play the edited map files.
Assembly does work for MCC Halo 2. You have to decompress the Halo 2 map files, though. Assembly has a function for that. When you're done with your changes, you can re-compress the map files and then load the game with anti-cheat disabled to play the edited map files.
Thanks! Now, how about Halo CE? How would I get HMT to work with it?
I have no idea. I've personally decided to leave MCC CE alone until after Halo 4 is launched and we get official mod support, although I do know that some branches of Assembly do work with MCC CE, but you have to compile them yourself using MS Visual Studio and the data from Github. I can never get MS Visual Studio to compile anything properly for me, so I've just left it alone for now.
Thanks! Now, how about Halo CE? How would I get HMT to work with it?
Halo 1 MCC maps are compressed just like they were in CEA for the 360. If you find a tool that can decompress CEA maps, you can open them right up in HMT 3.