Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So the latest season for mcc hit and its pretty freaking nothing, all it is just cosmetics and they still don't let you choose the original halo 3 tech suit (which THEY TOOK FOR NO REASON)

things we were promised
  • custom game browser
  • lower weapons in reach
  • fixing projectiles in halo 3
Now lemme also freaking add the fact they didn't adapt the halo online armor from 4's style to 3's, which makes them look not made from the same material! seriously, who the hell is signing off with these decisions to brutalize the art direction of halo 3???

devs need to start talking with the base about what decisions they're making, at this rate its going to become a zoo with all the animals put in the same cage and eating each other!
I'm very disappointment as well.

The txt chat box is still broken it doesnt automatically scroll down. The rank system hasnt been tweaked to rank up faster. Rememeber Bungie updated the rank system in H2 to update faster.. As of now there are extremely good players at 12-22 when it should be 35-40. Fix problems with the game before giving us these silly armours and skins. In Halo 3 people get betrayed for no reason with invisible bullets, explosions while using lifts.. that still hasnt been fixed. No report feature, poor UI, no ranked FFA..
ReZeNeR wrote:
I'm very disappointment as well. The txt chat box is still broken it doesnt automatically scroll down. The rank system hasnt been tweaked to rank up faster. Rememeber Bungie updated the rank system in H2 to update faster.. As of now there are extremely good players at 15-22 when it should be 35-40. Fix problems with the game before giving us these silly armours and skins. In Halo 3 people get betrayed for no reason that still hasnt been fixed. No report feature, poor UI, no ranked FFA..
yeah seriously, the only reason the betraying in halo 3 has gotten out of control is because 343i made the techsuits terrible then tossed in some armor that looks like cheap plastic compared to the og armor! they know how to make it look like the original armor (example, mister chief helmet) but Don't
making things no one asked for and not fixing things ppl asked for....
Xtra Frys wrote:
making things no one asked for and not fixing things ppl asked for....
for real, what is it and them with not fixing things? pretty sure coding can be done along side with the damn skins?
BecSon0 wrote:
things we were promised
  • lower weapons in reach
Both of these happened already. The update in December lowered the Reach weapons. The only games that needs weapon lowering now are Halo 2, and Halo 2 Anniversary.

The projectile bug fix happened earlier than that, in August.
Dont forget that its a pure content drop. There was no new features or even BUG FIXES
100% of the update was for adding new skins that so many people didn't want they even added the ability to turn them off
I don't remember the customs browser being promised for season 5. Early 2021 sure but not for season 5. We would also of known before the update.
So season 6 is a very close definite for this.
BecSon0 wrote:
things we were promised
  • lower weapons in reach
Both of these happened already. The update in December lowered the Reach weapons. The only games that needs weapon lowering now are Halo 2, and Halo 2 Anniversary.

quick question on the lower weapons, where is the option???
lbco13 wrote:
I don't remember the customs browser being promised for season 5. Early 2021 sure but not for season 5. We would also of known before the update.
you say its definite, but the latest news i see about it was on the 31st of october. yknow, a whole 3 months ago and they still havent said a peep about it
BecSon0 wrote:
lbco13 wrote:
you say its definite, but the latest news i see about it was on the 31st of october. yknow, a whole 3 months ago and they still havent said a peep about it
Oh sorry meant "very close too definite".

In the MCC Development Retrospective in the ''Global features and development status'' section it says:
"Custom Game Browser: On track for early 2021"

And since, i think it was mentioned somewhere, that this season is meant to last about 2 months. Which would be March, of which I still consider Early 2021.
Of course I'd recommend reading this or next months development update When they come out for actual confirmation on the matter. Hope this helps.
The Custom Games Browser was never confirmed to be coming in the Season 5 update. It was originally planned to start flighting later December 2020, but they opted to push flighting to early this year
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-retrospective-december-2020
Quote:
In the end, we did have some features slip out of the year – looking at you Custom Game Browser and File Share on PC. 😉 Don’t worry, they’re coming.
stckrboy wrote:
The Custom Games Browser was never confirmed to be coming in the Season 5 update. It was originally planned to start flighting later December 2020, but they opted to push flighting to early this year
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-retrospective-december-2020
Quote:
In the end, we did have some features slip out of the year – looking at you Custom Game Browser and File Share on PC. 😉 Don’t worry, they’re coming.
but nothing about it besides "its coming dont worry!"? seriously, thats all we get? no heres some of the features we are working on and how its coming along? All we have gotten are updates on the damn skins and stuff but nothing on gameplay, balancing, or features that are being made! stop with the radio silence and start talking with us. blindly shooting in the dark about what people want is not going to make progress or anyone happy!
I am glad that they are adding more customisation options to the games, even if a lot of them are not to my particular taste in this instance. It's a feature I want, but perhaps not one I would have prioritised over other things.

Hopefully the next update will be more feature focused rather than cosmetic focused. If the pattern going forward is alternating cosmetic updates and feature/bug-fix updates, I would be fine with that.

As long as the community requested features are coming, and bugs are still being addressed and patched, I am fine with the occasional cosmetics focused update. For now, I have no reason to believe they are not still working on it.
BecSon0 wrote:
BecSon0 wrote:
things we were promised
  • lower weapons in reach

quick question on the lower weapons, where is the option???
It isn't an option, it's automatic if you have centered crosshair turned on. They're much lower than they were prior. I was incorrect in saying it was in December though, it was earlier, in November.

It's in the patch notes:

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052057192-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Patch-Notes-November-2020

Halo: Reach
  • Adjusted centered-crosshair viewmodel position to be more in line with the other titles
I don't specifically remember if we were promised those things THIS SEASON SPECIFICALLY, but the season is very light and I'm just not feeling it. I just loaded up the game and I'm already bored within 10 mins. I don't care how my character looks.

The weapon skins are cool, golden BR finally! But I'm getting tired of seasons only having cosmetics. Other games include weapons, maps, and modes as part of their seasonal content. Just as an example, people have been wanting a Katana since the Halo 3 days. A Katana melee weapon would be sick.

Also, generally speaking each MCC game needs some work in terms of spawns and weapon balance - the Halo 3 shotgun sucks -Yoink-.

While I hope Halo Infinite follows MCC's footsteps with free seasons and the season pass never expiring, I really really hope that seasons in Halo Infinite offer actual content.
summon wrote:
I don't specifically remember if we were promised those things THIS SEASON SPECIFICALLY, but the season is very light and I'm just not feeling it. I just loaded up the game and I'm already bored within 10 mins. I don't care how my character looks.

The weapon skins are cool, golden BR finally! But I'm getting tired of seasons only having cosmetics. Other games include weapons, maps, and modes as part of their seasonal content. Just as an example, people have been wanting a Katana since the Halo 3 days. A Katana melee weapon would be sick.

While I hope Halo Infinite follows MCC's footsteps with free seasons and the season pass never expiring, I really really hope that seasons in Halo Infinite offer actual content.
yeah that is how i feel too, like with apex legends they do a whole big update instead of just making it be one thing. they don't just give you one option to look at but instead give you a whole platter's worth of content to do and look
from what i understand is that they are creating custom game "playlist" that will allow players to play many matches before returning to the main menu. if it was a simple customs browser then we would have had it already and quite honestly not sure why we couldnt have gotten a regular one before adding this playlist version.

i'd bet money they ones adding/engineering the cosmetics are the ones they hired from the "russian community project" that got shut down by M$.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Kripcision wrote:
i'd bet money they ones adding/engineering the cosmetics are the ones they hired from the "russian community project" that got shut down by M$.
Halo Online was a legitimate game in beta and developed by Saber for 343/MS that got cancelled, it wasn't a "russian community project". You're thinking of the Halo Online mod that utilized unlicensed assets, but that can't be discussed here. What 343 are doing are bringing over assets from a project they own
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2