Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Owning MCC on Steam and Windows 10?

OP Strixity

Hi,

I currently own MCC from steam and use it that way to play on my computer at home, and am wondering if it is possible to download it from the windows 10 store without buying it again?

Reason is because steam is blocked on another computer I am trying to play on. If you have any information on this, would appreciate any thoughts!
Thanks
Strixity wrote:
Hi,

I currently own MCC from steam and use it that way to play on my computer at home, and am wondering if it is possible to download it from the windows 10 store without buying it again?

Reason is because steam is blocked on another computer I am trying to play on. If you have any information on this, would appreciate any thoughts!
Thanks
Unfortunately I do not know a way of doing so without purchasing the game again. I'm 99% sure on that. Sorry :(
Strixity wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Unfortunately I do not know a way of doing so without purchasing the game again. I'm 99% sure on that. Sorry :(
Yeah I can’t think of anything that might work besides maybe contacting Microsoft and asking them.
Strixity wrote:
Strixity wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Yeah I can’t think of anything that might work besides maybe contacting Microsoft and asking them.
That could be an option, doubt it would work, but hey, it couldn't hurt to try right?
Strixity wrote:
Hi,

Afraid not OP, sorry. You would need to purchase it again. If you have Game pass you will have access to it though
Strixity wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
You could try copying the game folder to your other computer? USB stick perhaps? I've heard some people have launched the game just by clicking the executable?
Depending on how long you need to use the computer you could get a month of gamepass.