1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Are we going to have in future cross play between PC and XBOX? Because I see there is a lack of players in PC this period :(
From MCC Development Update - December 2019:

Quote:
The following features and community requests are on the list but required more design and discussion, and are not currently in active development:

• Regional server selection
• Cross-Play between Xbox & PC
• Steam account linking
• VFR Improvements
• Idle System Improvements
• Customization Improvements
• In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments
• Better ways to report players
• Bringing PC features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)

Quote:
The following features and community requests are on the list but required more design and discussion, and are not currently in active development:

• Cross-Play between Xbox & PC• Steam account linking
• VFR Improvements
What he said! They're not in current development, which is unfortunate, but it'll be coming down the pipeline hopefully soon! :)
S O O N™

Jokes aside it's in development and will most likely come with Halo CE or Halo 2
xPippo1 wrote:
Are we going to have in future cross play between PC and XBOX? Because I see there is a lack of players in PC this period :(
Lack of PC players stems from the various issues the game launched with. Scroll through the forums to see why. I feel like once we get an update and a plan on how 343 plans to deal with it we will see PC players starting to come back. Not to mention I'm sure many players will return for CEA. Although cross play is planned for later release, it will not be what saves the plummeting population of this game, it will just be a nice addition in the future. 343 just got back from winter break yesterday, so we should expect an update soon. I'm remaining hopeful.

Quote:

• Cross-Play between Xbox & PC• Steam account linking
• VFR Improvements
These would be a great improvement to the game. Specifically server selection and FPS caps.
I hope to the Forerunner it's like a Halo Wars 2 situation. At first it wasn't crossplay, then a few months down the line it became cross platform.
xPippo1 wrote:
Eventually™
Please add crossplay (at least coop campaign) between xbox and pc.
please add crossplay
If they are worried about making the game fair, they should at least add crossplay for custom game, firefight, and campgain. That way friends from different devices can still play together no problem!
Are you guys talking between Xbox and Steam, or Xbox and the microsoft store on PC? cuz I only bought this on Steam, and would like to keep it that way so I'm not buying it twice. Would love to play with friends!
Xbox and PC crossplay needs to be a priority for both, as there are more benefits than drawbacks.

Population has been suffering a lot since the initial splitting up (Console feels very empty, and PC is slowly following the same steps until the new Halo game launches), so the only way to fix this situation is to enable crossplay. More platforms should mean more community no separated portions of it. The whole idea of porting MCC to PC was to get a wider audience, and it's not being taken advantage of.

That said, enable input-based matchmaking to only match people with the same device as you, so that balancing is not a concern.

I'd suggest anyone up for crossplay to follow and support this thread to make it the main and unique one: Crossplay
first release all games on pc-> forge and theater pc+game browser->crossplay
Are you guys talking between Xbox and Steam, or Xbox and the microsoft store on PC? cuz I only bought this on Steam, and would like to keep it that way so I'm not buying it twice. Would love to play with friends!
Steam and the MS Store version are both identical, including feature parity, modding support and multiplayer with Xbox Live. If 343i adds supports for crossplay, Steam and MS Store players will enjoy this addition at the same time as they are both using Xbox Live for multiplayer matches (correct me if I am wrong of course as I do not own the Steam version)
PhilLB1239 wrote:
Steam and the MS Store version are both identical, including feature parity, modding support and multiplayer with Xbox Live. If 343i adds supports for crossplay, Steam and MS Store players will enjoy this addition at the same time as they are both using Xbox Live for multiplayer matches (correct me if I am wrong of course as I do not own the Steam version)
This is correct, both versions on pc require xbox live, which was a good choice imo. It allows pc players who also own xbox to have cross-progression and stats shared between both versions. This also laid the groundwork for crossplay with consoles. I am 100% confident that they will implement some form of crossplay at some point, otherwise this game may die and halo will be dead forever.
when is cross play going to be a thing on mcc for pc
GunSl4Y3R wrote:
when is cross play going to be a thing on mcc for pc
In the latest Development Update they said that it's "Pending Further Discussion" in my opinion probably when they released all the halos on the pc, they will probably add Cross-Play.
I imagine 343 will prioritise releasing the titles then discuss further if such a feature is viable.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3