1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Just signed up for Halo Insider and decided to make a forum post for everyone to discuss their most sought after PC features, I know in the reveal they said everything would be running at 60 FPS but im secretly hoping that they go above and beyond and allow unlocked framerates. What is everyone hoping gets implemented?
I really, really hope for split screen on PC, One thing i loved doing was playing split screen on consol and i hope they can bring that experince to windows.
I really really really hope modding is allowed at some point, and just a whole lot of level, gamemode and overall customization.

Also, some things that I'd really appreciate, not just for pc, would be the original cosmetic customization (at least in Reach pretty please) and crossplay, at least for co-op and custom.

I am aware tho, most of those are kind of farfetched and I wouldn't be mad or disappointed if they weren't added, as porting, adapting and preparing ten years of Halo games from a platform to another is already a huge job.

I just hope the release goes well this time.
Also modding and/or Steam Workshop support would be incredible for the MCC by adding a whole new dynamic to the Halo expeince.
It could get weird though, between forge and outside modding. Maybe they'd integrate forge with workshop?
I really, really hope for split screen on PC, One thing i loved doing was playing split screen on consol and i hope they can bring that experince to windows.
I wonder if that would be possible? I've never heard of a PC game having split screen but it would be awesome!
Sevey01 wrote:
It could get weird though, between forge and outside modding. Maybe they'd integrate forge with workshop?
Steam Workshop could be a great way to share custom game maps and gametypes.
USCRuss72 wrote:
I wonder if that would be possible? I've never heard of a PC game having split screen but it would be awesome!
aaaaaaaactually there are a bunch of em! here, have some: https://www.gamingscan.com/best-split-screen-pc-games/
Sevey01 wrote:
Also, some things that I'd really appreciate, not just for pc, would be the original cosmetic customization (at least in Reach pretty please) and crossplay, at least for co-op and custom.
Crossplay for Co-op / Firefight and Custom Games would be pretty great actually. I have a few friends that aren't all keen on building a gaming PC but still play Halo, even now, on Xbox and I would be pretty happy with playing Halo again with them.

Also unlocked fps rather than just 60fps would be nice. Not sure if they will though. They are working on it all for PC players so maybe they will allow above 60.
Sevey01 wrote:
Never thought about Forge integration with the Workshop. Actually sounds like a really really good idea.
I just want proper graphics options. I want to be able to crank everything up to ultra in 1440p
Hamel wrote:
I just want proper graphics options. I want to be able to crank everything up to ultra in 1440p
those are there even on Halo 5: Forge, pretty sure they'll be there on the MCC
Integrate file sharing & Bungie favorites into Steam Workshop so everyone can upload/download clips, screenshots, game-modes, etc. It would be a lot easier to use the workshop rather then doing everything in-game through user profiles like on the console versions.

Also some kind of support for mods would be awesome.
Think of the injection of life and total playtime games like Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Unreal, Skyrim, Stalker, and many others have gotten because of mod support.

Definitely make sure the Windows Store & Steam versions have a linked player-base. This is an absolute must.
Extra support for cross-play with consoles would be nice too. It could be handled via separate Ranked/Social playlists, game-modes, or through Opt-Ins. Similar to Rocket League and Fortnite.
Solid optimization for lower end PC's like mine. I'm running an Intel Core i8250U, 8Gb of RAM and a 2Gb Geforce MX150
I'm pretty excited that they specifically mentioned ultrawide support. I'd think this means that an FOV slider is a must. Playing Halo 5: Forge on PC is a little nauseating with the tight FOV.
Solid optimization for lower end PC's like mine. I'm running an Intel Core i8250U, 8Gb of RAM and a 2Gb Geforce MX150
the games were made for a 2005 console so they better damn make it run on a wide spectrum of pc hardware
They need to uncap their game, and have proper Fov options.

if this doesnt happen, its going to be a big yikers
More FORGE features, improvements and cool customization options that would help make some forge maps way better or custom games more interesting.
Since Reach wont be limited by the Xbox 360 hardware i kinda hope that the Forge prop limit will be raised or even uncapped
Since Reach wont be limited by the Xbox 360 hardware i kinda hope that the Forge prop limit will me raised or even uncapped
That probably is going to depend on if the engine on those games can support beyond the prop limit. But we'll see since they are rebuilding the games from the ground up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7