3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
USCRuss72 wrote:
Sevey01 wrote:
It could get weird though, between forge and outside modding. Maybe they'd integrate forge with workshop?
Steam Workshop could be a great way to share custom game maps and gametypes.
Maybe custom forge objects too?
This is admittedly a bit of an oddball feature, but something I'd like to see is simultaneous KB/M and Gamepad support. I'm one of the 5 people on Earth who use a Steam Controller, and one of the nice features of the controller is being able to emulate a trackball mouse on the touchpads while emulating an Xbox controller on all of the other buttons. I'd imagine it'd also be a neat feature for people using something like the Xbox Adaptive Controller.
I bought a steam controller myself, it's quite a lovely paperweight, even makes a nice jingle when i turn it on. The placement of the XYBA buttons for me was just too wrong, but seeing that level of support in Halo would be amazing.
USCRuss72 wrote:
I really, really hope for split screen on PC, One thing i loved doing was playing split screen on consol and i hope they can bring that experince to windows.
I wonder if that would be possible? I've never heard of a PC game having split screen but it would be awesome!
Gears 4 has splitscreen on PC. There's nothing about a PC that makes it impossible.
>60fps

thats all i need.
mods would be an amazing addition.
Honestly one thing i'm hoping for besides modding support, uncapped frames etc, is the ability to have a centered crosshair.
I'm happy to know that there will be a FOV slider and, honestly, I'm okay if they have to cap the frame rate at 60fps.

Mod support, via the Steam Workshop would be fantastic as well.
One thing that you need to notice is that since MCC will be both on Steam and Win10 Store, workshop isn't the best option as otherwise players from Win10 Store will not be able to access it.

Also, 144hz support. Thanks.
I really, really hope for split screen on PC, One thing i loved doing was playing split screen on consol and i hope they can bring that experince to windows.
split screen but with 2 monitors would be nice , so you get full screen
Just about everything mentioned is great, but I'd emphasize a few things I feel are hugely important to a successful Halo PC experience:

On Steam Workshop:
An example I find prescient is Vermintide 2, which features Mods in a separate launch of the game so that stock play isn't affected. I think this would differentiate players who want uncapped framerates, super big forge mods, visual overhauls, etc. from the guys who just want the classic experience (competitive MP, mid/low-tier hardware).
Perhaps differentiation in the Workshop between actual mods (visual overhauls, extra content) and community content (forge creations, photos, playback videos, etc.) is important for this to work.

On Computer Specs:
I run a barely mid-tier potato Lenovo y510p, however my indication is that older Xbox360 era ports run great on my PC. I sincerely hope that they don't cater exclusively to the top-tier PC's with the engine rebuild/port. My 360 was a potato but it ran the games as was intended, I expect the same with this.
Obviously, uncapped framerates and the other "standard" PC options are encouraged.

On Split-Screen:
Halo's experience IS split-screen, as has been proven with Halo 5's misstep in this regard. We all experienced playing with friends or siblings, LAN parties in the olden days, etc. and to forego the experience for PC is, while less critical, still a wrong choice in my mind.
Suggestions made for keyboard+controllers, multiple screens, etc. are all valid suggestions that I endorse. Hopefully since games like CE/2 & 3 are all potato-optimized, we can manage to squeeze split screen at 30fps as God/Bungie/343i intended.

With these said, I feel regardless that truly wonderful times for Halo fans are ahead. This has rekindled genuine love in my heart for old times and I hope through Insider we can all help make the homecoming the best it can be.
- 4 player Splitscreen for those old Halo Lan nights.
- Forge and workshop integration.
- Modding beyond just maps, allow for asset, skins, ai, and campaign modding.
- FOV slider.
- Custom games server browser.
- Same screen and multi-monitor combination split screen.
- Old Halo armor customization.
- Cross play between Xbox/windows store/steam, need to keep playerbase united.
- Optimization for our toaster friends.
- Uncapped FPS.
I just want the original experience, if they're gonna add anything I want it to be an improvement on an area lacking content etc.
I also want to experience it with 60 FPS+ to truly just admire the beauty of the games, I hope the controls work well and I don't have to tinker with them.
cross-play with consoles!
Rai021 wrote:
- FOV slider.
- Uncapped FPS.
perfect!
Rai021 wrote:
- FOV slider.
- Uncapped FPS.
Uncapped FPS likely won't be happening and be a mandatory 60fps lock.
Why? Well that's just what Microsoft/343 wants, so no players gain a advantage in multiplayer with better hardware/higher frame rates.
Another reason is likely because the Halo engine it-self is just not built for said frame rates at all, as it breaks after 60fps.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
Also, it would be amazing if they added Nvidia 3d Vision support. Halo MCC in stereoscopic 3d would be incredible.
Reading through these has got me incredibly excited! I'm definitely hoping to be able to play at 144hz, can't wait!!
Nighterlev wrote:
Rai021 wrote:
- FOV slider.
- Uncapped FPS.
Uncapped FPS likely won't be happening and be a mandatory 60fps lock.
Why? Well that's just what Microsoft/343 wants, so no players gain a advantage in multiplayer with better hardware/higher frame rates.
Another reason is likely because the Halo engine it-self is just not built for said frame rates at all, as it breaks after 60fps.
??? who said it'll be mandatory?
Rai021 wrote:
- FOV slider.
- Uncapped FPS.
This is pretty much all that we could ever need, so I'd be extremely happy with just 5/10 of these...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7