1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm happy we got to see much more playtime and that the flights finally started. Huge congrats to the team on this milestone! I'm just sad I didn't make it in the first ring, I really want to play the game but I guess it's gonna be a while for the final release. I hope there won't be too much to wait for the next flights/game release, but with the current state of things I think we're gonna have to wait until September at minimum. It would be cool if it released on the same day as 9 years ago.

I see some people disappointed with the flight being campaign only and I just wanted to say that we knew it. It was said different times on different media, so it's not like it was a surprise. Just so you are informed, in yesterday's development update they said that flight #2 will probably be about firefight.
Is there an eta on Flight 2?
Yeah at this rate the game might be released after infinity ???

I mean fully released... a 9 year old game...

and releasing a campaign level we all have played before???? Super lame.
To be fair it's a 9 year old game on a completely different platform, built with outdated tech, made by a studio that's no longer working on Halo; it's not gonna be quick.
Besides, the main goal of the whole Insider program isn't to drum up excitement before the game is out. It's a beta test, which means bug testing/fixing, community feedback, and a whole lot of laborious background work.
Interesting , this so called flight goes out to prominate youtubers and influencers who stream said content,
but no the insider program isn't there to drum up hype it's about bug testing /feedback
, garbage it's a demo or promo precisely designed to build hype , let's be honest and call it what it is 343i had to get something out this week because they keep missing there own deadlines

To be fair it's a 9 year old game on a completely different platform, built with outdated tech, made by a studio that's no longer working on Halo; it's not gonna be quick.
Besides, the main goal of the whole Insider program isn't to drum up excitement before the game is out. It's a beta test, which means bug testing/fixing, community feedback, and a whole lot of laborious background work.
Interesting , this so called flight goes out to prominate youtubers and influencers who stream said content,
but no the insider program isn't there to drum up hype it's about bug testing /feedback
, garbage it's a demo or promo precisely designed to build hype , let's be honest and call it what it is 343i had to get something out this week because they keep missing there own deadlines
Name these prominate Youtubers and influancers than? all have been doing and seeing other people do is trying to to break the game and see if we can change the memory values. not really people trying to hype the game?!. Dont be salty if you didn't get picked.

Name these prominate Youtubers and influancers than? all have been doing and seeing other people do is trying to to break the game and see if we can change the memory values. not really people trying to hype the game?!. Dont be salty if you didn't get picked.
Sorry but i'm not salty at all as I'm not in the PC insider program , in fact I'm glad 343i are giving you pc guys a chance to play the mcc.
I've seen 3 prominent halo content streamers thusfar that's without even searching.maybe its a coincidence and they were chosen at random

The tip of the spear mission was live streamed a month ago, played/shown at E3 so it certainly feels like this 'flight' is more of a PR opportunity rather than an actual flight.but at least there is movement at the station which is certainly something to be positive about
ITT: A lot of people who don’t understand game porting. It’s ridiculously hard work. Especially trying to go from console to PC (especially in the case of Reach, which was obviously never on PC before.) Any dev would take a long time trying to port this. Be patient, people. It’ll come, and we’ll all have fun playing when it does :)
I suck with using a keyboard for shooter games so I tried to use my controller for reach and I haven't gotten that to work yet

Sorry but i'm not salty at all as I'm not in the PC insider program , in fact I'm glad 343i are giving you pc guys a chance to play the mcc.
I've seen 3 prominent halo content streamers thusfar that's without even searching.maybe its a coincidence and they were chosen at random

The tip of the spear mission was live streamed a month ago, played/shown at E3 so it certainly feels like this 'flight' is more of a PR opportunity rather than an actual flight.but at least there is movement at the station which is certainly something to be positive about
You realize that in the E3 demo that was a highly controlled environment, the hardware of the PC's would have been the same and so there would have been less of a chance to find bugs, now they are testing on many different setups and as such, it makes sense in my eyes to use the Tip of the Spear mission.

Just my 2 cents though!
I think a lot of people are misinterpreting what they intend to gain with the flighting program.

This isn't a way of saying "hey let's let a select group of people play a demo that's polished!", so much as a way of saying "let's get a select albeit random group of people who've opted in for flighting, to test the current build of software in various PC environments and set ups to see how they go, and what the general consensus is, bugs etc, as well as opinions on the current implementations of features."

It's more or less a semi-public closed alpha. And personally, I'm quite alright with that. If you guys aren't willing/aren't patient enough to understand why they're doing it this way, that is a you problem, I'm sorry to say. I'd rather this release not be something of a BF4/Halo MCC on Xbox kind of release.
So I will get an e-mail if I get selected for a flight, am I right?
Andreyhg wrote:
Yes. You don't need to keep refreshing your email every hour though; flights will be announced here beforehand.
Just make sure your email's verified and all your info's correct and you'll be good.
Andreyhg wrote:
Yes. You don't need to keep refreshing your email every hour though; flights will be announced here beforehand.
Just make sure your email's verified and all your info's correct and you'll be good.
Okay, thank you! I'm really excited to try it out.
Great news now it begins can't wait for launch!
YorK3873 wrote:
Tips on erasing the announcement from my memory until it launches? Anyone?
HEAVY drinking?
And to the people saying it's a hype train thing, didn't 343 say that there would be a strict non-disclosure agreement?
And to the people saying it's a hype train thing, didn't 343 say that there would be a strict non-disclosure agreement?
There's no NDA for Reach - people are streaming it already. Nothing concrete about the other games yet.
Wait, so did it take this long to get almost the whole game polished and up for flighting, or just one campaign mission?
Im super excited to see that the flighting has begun already! Its looking good so far and I cant wait to join in soon. In the meantime ill keep on playing Custom Edition and Forge to keep me busy lol.
Hemily5150 wrote:
Wait, so did it take this long to get almost the whole game polished and up for flighting, or just one campaign mission?
I think this mission is something they want to test out to see how optimized the campaign missions are on PC. They probabbly have the entire game ported but want to make sure that the content delivery is as smooth as possible when it is released. I believe that there will be more very soon
Hemily5150 wrote:
The first flight is the same as was released for E3, the Tip of the Spear campaign mission. The flight itself is to test the build / flight delivery pipelines before things start being rolled out to more people
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4