Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Player Numbers: Down %89.75 Since Launch (Edit)

OP Fatal Error1337

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
Tjoeb123 wrote:
How do you know how many people are playing the game anyway - across both Steam AND Windows 10? Because I'm seeing a whole bunch of Steam stats (and doom and gloom because the popularity is low on one platform, when PC has multiple platforms) but nothing on Windows 10. For all we know there might be 300K, 500K, 1M players playing through Game Pass subscriptions.
I know I been wondering the same thing as you said. Its puzzling. That people just going base on steam and not the game as a whole.
Unless Game Pass and Steam players are playing independently, I doubt it; because I keep getting matched with or against the same people over and over. And that's on peak times. Other times I just give up waiting.
I enjoy Halo Reach and still find games relatively easy even though I live in Japan. I'm aware that the rest of the MCC will take a while for it to come to pc but I think reach can hold you off for a while until they release CE. Reach on PC has its issues such as DMR being a mini sniper rifle due to reduced bloom and the progression system is a little goofy. I'm just waiting until they release CE and see what they do with the seasons before I outright hate on it.
omarlotrc wrote:
Quote:
The current unlocks have yet to be monetized, though it is unclear if it will remain this way.
They will not be monetized.
I hope so!
Mmm. I'm afraid the 75% number is a bit wrong. As of today, the game has lost 93% of its players.
Try 97%.
xNidalus wrote:
Wait until CE, 2, and 3 hit and you'll see our real numbers.
It will take a lot of time for those to come out. And if 343 keeps the leveling system then the games will probably die on release
CE should be out by Feb, with halo 2 soon after since they're very close in development (in terms of how far its come) and halo 3 is already being worked on so I'd say we have about June until the big three are out.
lmao the playerbase isn't down "90%" since launch. that happens with literally EVERY game that is released, a ton of people buy it on steam and many of them literally open it once and then never play it again, and thats assuming they open it at all. you can check the achievements on any game and see that even the easiest achievements are usually only earned by about ~85% of people, because hella people get games as gifts or just buy them for the sake of buying them and then never play them again. this game is FAR from dead. right now its NOON on a TUESDAY and there are almost 5,000 people in game. the 24 hour peak is nearly three times that at ~13,000 people, and thats not including the windows store people. why do people always try to claim that games which are clearly not dead are dead? i remember a similar thing happening with pubg where people were like "pubg is DEaDeadeAdEadead" but that -Yoink- still has 500,000 people playing it at any given time. like lmao nobody thinks youre cool for trying to make drama kid
rightfully so if they keep the product this broken
lmao the playerbase isn't down "90%" since launch. that happens with literally EVERY game that is released, a ton of people buy it on steam and many of them literally open it once and then never play it again, and thats assuming they open it at all. you can check the achievements on any game and see that even the easiest achievements are usually only earned by about ~85% of people, because hella people get games as gifts or just buy them for the sake of buying them and then never play them again. this game is FAR from dead. right now its NOON on a TUESDAY and there are almost 5,000 people in game. the 24 hour peak is nearly three times that at ~13,000 people, and thats not including the windows store people. why do people always try to claim that games which are clearly not dead are dead? i remember a similar thing happening with pubg where people were like "pubg is DEaDeadeAdEadead" but that -Yoink- still has 500,000 people playing it at any given time. like lmao nobody thinks youre cool for trying to make drama kid
Someone’s in denial. Less than a week ago the 24 hour peak was 18k. That’s a 25% reduction in less than 5 days. Sure Reach might not be dead, but you can not deny that it is dying.
What do people hope to achieve by constantly pointing out the population drop off? What's the end goal here? What's to be gained by convincing others the game is 'dying', except spreading nagativity and probably contributing to the population drop off?

Seriously, what's your aim?

(and don't try to give me some BS about raising awareness so that 343 do something drastic. We all know that they are fully aware of their own game's population)
They released a game catering to controller players. -Yoink- right off
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Tjoeb123 wrote:
How do you know how many people are playing the game anyway - across both Steam AND Windows 10? Because I'm seeing a whole bunch of Steam stats (and doom and gloom because the popularity is low on one platform, when PC has multiple platforms) but nothing on Windows 10. For all we know there might be 300K, 500K, 1M players playing through Game Pass subscriptions.
The chances of that actually being the case are incredibly slim. There might be a handful of players going through the windows store but it wouldn't be more than 20-30% at most. Probably more like 10%. PC players don't have alot of respect for the Windows Store.
Tjoeb123 wrote:
It's a reach to insinuate obnoxiously high numbers. The fact of the matter is that the number of Windows Store players has always been lower than that of Steam.
Their silence is also killing the game.

Its been more than a month and we havent had a SINGLE update, save very minor changes in map rotation and 2x XP.

It's baffling that they haven't said anything, updated anything, or fixed anything. All theyve done is swing the ban hammer. It's disgraceful.
bam9762 wrote:
Someone’s in denial. Less than a week ago the 24 hour peak was 18k. That’s a 25% reduction in less than 5 days. Sure Reach might not be dead, but you can not deny that it is dying.
the game is still evening out. you need to understand that it was only released like a month ago and more importantly that a week ago it was the holiday season. now people are going back to work and school. give it another month and it'll even out at 11k, i guarantee it or i'll learn how to suck my own -Yoink- (and i sure hope im wrong on this one)
This is laughable. The game is an absolute train wreck. VFR doesn't work. MKB input doesn't work. AA is really strong which combined with the screwed up MKB means a lot of the MKB population struggled. The fact is, unless you have a widescreen 4k 60fps monitor, this game has nothing for you. But the vast majority of PC gamers are running 16:9 and 1080p so the whole widescreen and 4k support is useless to us. The game has either zero interpolation or some terrible form it so anyone who tries to run the game at higher than 60fps gets treated to an eye-bleed jittering effect that causes objects to look like there's 3 of them shifting around really fast. It's real pleasure to experience... This in turn causes the reticle to behave strangely and pixel jump causing inaccuracy in shots. But we're bad... lol.

This game is dog -Yoink- for someone who wants to play at 1080p and above 60fps and that's just a fact dude. The would have retained far more of the population if these issues could have been resolved before it launched.
I haven't been playing because of TU and DMR spawns I'm just really bored.
Terg500 wrote:
Wait until CE, 2, and 3 hit and you'll see our real numbers.
Because casual players will definitely stick around when they notice CE too, just like Reach, only consists of a multiplayer in which only one weapon is really used and viable (pistol), has no theater and forge as well as having massive hitbox collision problems in campaign on the remastered graphics and the classic graphics still being messed up when 343 didn't bother to fix any of the Gearbox bugs.
Imagine Reach TU and CEA being your first introduction to the series, makes you question why the series was so popular to begin with.
They should focus on fixing Reach and making changes that people want; and release CE at the same time as Halo 2.

CE's multiplayer WILL NOT hold on to players long enough until Halo 2; and people saying to just wait on CE and the people believing them, will drop Reach when they see what the "good game" they've been waiting for is like.

Reach might be the weakest game in the eyes of the community, but it is the most modular. Add individual playlists for AR starts and for Vanilla game modes, and add a custom game browser. A lot of people keep saying that dividing the player base is the worst idea; but they fail to realize that the people leaving are leaving because they can't get the experience they want.
Hamel wrote:
Their silence is also killing the game.

Its been more than a month and we havent had a SINGLE update, save very minor changes in map rotation and 2x XP.

It's baffling that they haven't said anything, updated anything, or fixed anything. All theyve done is swing the ban hammer. It's disgraceful.
You mean the two or so blog posts - including the one where they said they were going on holiday break - and patch don't count as updates?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
bam9762 wrote:
the game is still evening out. you need to understand that it was only released like a month ago and more importantly that a week ago it was the holiday season. now people are going back to work and school. give it another month and it'll even out at 11k, i guarantee it or i'll learn how to suck my own -Yoink- (and i sure hope im wrong on this one)
I don't get it. When the population was declining during the actual holiday, people were saying it was because everyone was spending time with their families. Now that the holidays are over, the population is now declining because everyone is back to school/work from the holiday? LOL

Sorry but 11k 24 hour peak for one of the most anticipated game franchises on PC is not good by any metric. This game should be in the top 10 if it was done correctly. Awhile back I predicted the player base would stabilize around 10-15k, but I honestly didn't expect it to be 12k this quickly. Sorry, but Reach is dying and will never recover unless they do something about the mouse input and aim assist on hardcore. Also, nobody is going to play Reach when H1-H3 are released.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13