Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Player Numbers: Down %89.75 Since Launch (Edit)

OP Fatal Error1337

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What do people hope to achieve by constantly pointing out the population drop off? What's the end goal here? What's to be gained by convincing others the game is 'dying', except spreading nagativity and probably contributing to the population drop off?

Seriously, what's your aim?

(and don't try to give me some BS about raising awareness so that 343 do something drastic. We all know that they are fully aware of their own game's population)
To get 343 to pull their head out of their -Yoink- and stop making poor choices that ruin a beloved franchise? They've fumbled the ball time and time again.
I think you missed my final segment :)

Let's assume that 343 are aware of the precise population (which they of course are), whatvis to be gained by arguing with other forum members about it? If 10 extra people change their mind and agree that the poplution is down by whatever %, what does that achieve?

I'm trying to understand the obsession with convincing other players the game is dying, as it doesn't really seem to achieve anything.
What do people hope to achieve by constantly pointing out the population drop off? What's the end goal here? What's to be gained by convincing others the game is 'dying', except spreading nagativity and probably contributing to the population drop off?

Seriously, what's your aim?

(and don't try to give me some BS about raising awareness so that 343 do something drastic. We all know that they are fully aware of their own game's population)
To get 343 to pull their head out of their -Yoink- and stop making poor choices that ruin a beloved franchise? They've fumbled the ball time and time again.
I think you missed my final segment :)

Let's assume that 343 are aware of the precise population (which they of course are), whatvis to be gained by arguing with other forum members about it? If 10 extra people change their mind and agree that the poplution is down by whatever %, what does that achieve?

I'm trying to understand the obsession with convincing other players the game is dying, as it doesn't really seem to achieve anything.
I think what that kind of post is a standar on any game forum.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members or make inappropriate comments.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wish this forum had an age limit...

It's impossible to have a proper discussion about anything, without people being confrontational and the point being drowned in insult trading.

Most frustrating.
Plain and simple, Reach just isnt that great. People like me are waiting for CE before we go bananas. Also, i could care less about customizations. Give me a good port first and fill in the fluff later.

It's impossible to have a proper discussion about anything, without people being confrontational and the point being drowned in insult trading.

Most frustrating.
If it did have one that still wouldnt help all those who mentally are 12..
I would have to agree about the lack of Forge and custom games. It was one of the things I played the most, and was severely disappointed when I saw that it was not part of the initial package when they introduced the MCC to PC. Due to that its been a hit and miss for me as far as game play goes...
2. Lack of Features: As many of you know Forge mode is still not slated for a specific release date. And so with the lack of Forge comes the lack of custom game modes. I know personally that nearly as much or most of my multiplayer time in Reach, back when it launched on the Xbox360, was spent in custom games created in Forge. This provided a constant steam of new content that did not require DLC and so there was almost always something new to do. To a lesser extent, the lack of Theater mode also prevents what is essentially free advertising, especially within social media and meme sharing sites.
I think that this is a serious issue 343i should be looking at. To see that large of a percentage drop is not a good look for the game. Hopefully they will be adding new content soon and improving server quality.
Where would you go then?
Has 343 made a statement on the KBM vs Controller situation?
Another thing I'd like to point out? Reach had an amazing UI. You were able to find nearly any gametype and map within the game itself. Without scouring through individual fileshares. Add in the fact that it was sleeker, faster, and all around more appealing to look at. MCC has a dreadful UI that is reminiscent of Halo 4. It's slow, clunky and missing what should be basic features.

Yeah, it's a small thing, but it falls in line with missing features and functionality.

Most frustrating.
Age limit never stopped anyone from lying about their age. If you really want to go the extra mile, have their account tied to their government ID like they do in South Korea.
I'd be shocked if it were any different. MCC on pc is a nostalgia experience. I play a few games here and there but honestly in 2020 Reach isn't an amazing game and it feels like half a game on Steam. People play a bit, get their nostalgia feels and move on. Nothing wrong with that. It will be nice to have all the campaigns on pc, even if the multiplayer fades.
Where is that percentage from? 343 have always hidden actual populations, unlike Bungie who cam before them.
Sluggage wrote:
Where is that percentage from? 343 have always hidden actual populations, unlike Bungie who cam before them.
https://steamdb.info/app/976730/graphs/.

Steam numbers. There's a nice graph at the bottom of that page showing as massive decline in players in the month since release.
Terg500 wrote:
Sluggage wrote:
https://steamdb.info/app/976730/graphs/

Steam numbers. There's a nice graph at the bottom of that page showing as massive decline in players in the month since release.
I thought as much, however I'm convinced the majority of the population used the -Yoink- PC xbox app (like me), and got it on game pass. I'd be interested to see those figures.
Sluggage wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
Sluggage wrote:

I thought as much, however I'm convinced the majority of the population used the -Yoink- PC xbox app (like me), and got it on game pass. I'd be interested to see those figures.
Could be similar +- a specific amount of players. The trend shows that a lot of people just leave the game after a while and never come back, so this can be the case on both platforms.
Terg500 wrote:
Sluggage wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
Sluggage wrote:

Could be similar +- a specific amount of players. The trend shows that people just leave the game and never come back.
It looks like it from the graph, yeah - myself included. I can't play it with the horribly muddy audio and check back in every now and then to see if it's patched yet but to no avail.

Reach was never one of my favourites anyway. But when Halo 3 comes to PC... Wew lad.
The playerbase is down when there is trash audio, no proper high FPS support, ridiculous auto aim handed to controller players, and terrible netcode?? Color me shocked!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13