Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Player Numbers: Down %89.75 Since Launch (Edit)

OP Fatal Error1337

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 13
I just uninstalled, confident that there will be nothing done.
Especially with the only updates being "playlist updates".
Ohhh, but “playlist updates” could be nice. My biggest complaint have been DMR start, a lack of playlists and options, but I am not too confident this means they will actually fix those things.
rapidwarp wrote:
Customs are playable
There is a working server browser already
Look up "Beerkeg Halo Reach"
A lot of the issues with Reach can be attributed to the map rotation which is awful.
Halo Reach is the same as it always was. Which means all the issues from the core gameplay are retained.
Wow wow, wait. Halo Reach today is veeeeeery different from how it used to be. TU slayer, and DMR starts are my biggest complaints and the leveling system.
rapidwarp wrote:
Customs are playable
There is a working server browser already
Look up "Beerkeg Halo Reach"
A lot of the issues with Reach can be attributed to the map rotation which is awful.
Halo Reach is the same as it always was. Which means all the issues from the core gameplay are retained.
Wow wow, wait. Halo Reach today is veeeeeery different from how it used to be. TU slayer, and DMR starts are my biggest complaints and the leveling system.
It really is just a matter of preference. A lot of the community love TU more than vanilla. DMR starts are being worked on and AR starts are now more popular.
To be fair, people remember 2/3 and want to play the glory days of Halo. It was cool for a month, but I’m already picking the console MCC with less bells and whistles to enjoy CE/2/3 versus PC to only play Reach. Hopefully by the time they release people still care. This had a chance to really be big. I’ll always appreciate the effort, but yeah not so sure just Reach for this long is helping.
Reach was never the Halo people back in the day wanted to play so badly on PC. I think also think it might get momentum with 2 and 3. Reach could have done with more polish and some better ideas to hook people.
Tarvu wrote:
Reach was never the Halo people back in the day wanted to play so badly on PC. I think also think it might get momentum with 2 and 3. Reach could have done with more polish and some better ideas to hook people.
Why not launch with one of those titles? Why waste the hype train/launch day on this failed abortion version of halo.
Tarvu wrote:
Why not launch with one of those titles? Why waste the hype train/launch day on this failed abortion version of halo.
They want to release in chronological order. Also, I don't know about you, but I'd rather them -Yoink- up a game that people don't care about as much rather than -Yoink- up Halo 3.
Roseradeon wrote:
Tarvu wrote:
They want to release in chronological order. Also, I don't know about you, but I'd rather them -Yoink- up a game that people don't care about as much rather than -Yoink- up Halo 3.
Except that ODST happens before Halo 3, but it's being released after.
Roseradeon wrote:
Tarvu wrote:
Except that ODST happens before Halo 3, but it's being released after.
Think about the gameplay of ODST, and its content. It should be pretty obvious why they made that one exception.
Given that 343 is already fully aware of the exact population, what are you trying to acheive by convicncing other players of the extent of the drop off?
Why does one need justification to speak the truth out loud?
You don't and I didn't say you did :)

There are many truths about the game but this one seems particuarly important to some folk.

I'm referring to the constant crusade to spread the bad news and convince other players. What's the motive? What are people aiming to accomplish?
I can't speak for others, but for me it's venting frustration and disappointment after getting hyped up for Halo on PC, and holding onto the pie in the sky hope that 343 might fix it.
Fair enough, I love a good vent but Yoinking! on the game is only gonna make things worse, spread bad sentiment and contibute to the downfall.
Or prompt 343 to look into the complaints and try to salvage the game before they decide to shut the servers down.

Or do nothing, and just shut up the Halo on PC community forever... because they will be able to say they tried it and it doesn't work, it was just rose tinted glasses etc etc etc..
Like I said, It really makes you wonder how they managed to drive this billion dollar IP into the ground so perfectly. It's gross incompetence or intentional. Either way, I can finally say... after 15 years... I am scared for Halo's future.
The writing has been on the wall since the pre-release of Halo 4 when they announced that they hired people who hated Halo and scrapped an early build of Halo 4 since it was "too traditional".
Given that 343 is already fully aware of the exact population, what are you trying to acheive by convicncing other players of the extent of the drop off?
Why does one need justification to speak the truth out loud?
You don't and I didn't say you did :)

There are many truths about the game but this one seems particuarly important to some folk.

I'm referring to the constant crusade to spread the bad news and convince other players. What's the motive? What are people aiming to accomplish?
I can't speak for others, but for me it's venting frustration and disappointment after getting hyped up for Halo on PC, and holding onto the pie in the sky hope that 343 might fix it.
Fair enough, I love a good vent but Yoinking! on the game is only gonna make things worse, spread bad sentiment and contibute to the downfall.
Or prompt 343 to look into the complaints and try to salvage the game before they decide to shut the servers down.

Or do nothing, and just shut up the Halo on PC community forever... because they will be able to say they tried it and it doesn't work, it was just rose tinted glasses etc etc etc..
Like I said, It really makes you wonder how they managed to drive this billion dollar IP into the ground so perfectly. It's gross incompetence or intentional. Either way, I can finally say... after 15 years... I am scared for Halo's future.
The writing has been on the wall since the pre-release of Halo 4 when they announced that they hired people who hated Halo and scrapped an early build of Halo 4 since it was "too traditional".
I heard of the "people that hate Halo" thing before but never the "traditional Halo 4". Makes you wonder if all of our complaining here about the MCC PORT (yes, I used the ""P-word"") even has any impact on the situation at all (hint: it doesn't). It's still fun doing it though.
When another Halo release for the mcc come out the population return to 100%
Xbox Chri wrote:
When another Halo release for the mcc come out the population return to 100%
lol. It will bump back up to maybe 30k and then go down again in the following two or three months. Classic Halo is dead, be realistic.
Reach was averaging like 15k players three months into its lifespan a decade ago. To be honest, I'm surprised the numbers are as high as they are on Steam.

Also, there ARE people playing it through the Windows store, specifically Xbox Game Pass. I'm one of them. I already have MCC on console... not super interested in buying it again. Especially when I can just download it and play it for "free" through a service I have and use anyway. Most of my friends are the same way, and did the same thing. Especially because of that weird thing where you could get like multiple years of Game Pass Ultimate for the price of so many years of just plain old XBL Gold...
Reach was averaging like 15k players three months into its lifespan a decade ago. To be honest, I'm surprised the numbers are as high as they are on Steam.

Also, there ARE people playing it through the Windows store, specifically Xbox Game Pass. I'm one of them. I already have MCC on console... not super interested in buying it again. Especially when I can just download it and play it for "free" through a service I have and use anyway. Most of my friends are the same way, and did the same thing. Especially because of that weird thing where you could get like multiple years of Game Pass Ultimate for the price of so many years of just plain old XBL Gold...
This is not true at all.

Please stop spreading lies.

EDIT: Updated with a better source.
the leveling system might have had something to do with it. i sort of wish we were allowed to keep the old credits system and pay for what you want
The more I see the numbers drop a bit more and more. I start to wonder how many players will be left by the end of the month or the beginning of next month. Kinda reminds me a few years ago when I had halo 1 cd and I installed halo on pc again there were only like a few servers though not a lot of people on from what I remember. Don't quote me on it. Point im making I just want to see this game or series I should say be iron out. I really feel a lot of people have high expectations on these series considering how old they are. Now im not saying let it die by all means. I'm not. I just want to see the game be steady for years to come. :)
the leveling system might have had something to do with it. i sort of wish we were allowed to keep the old credits system and pay for what you want
Exactly! I put 55 hours into this game and only got halfway though their knockoff fortnite battlepass. I STILL don't have the armor pieces I'm after and I'm not going to sink another 55 hours into this to do it.

For me servers are the other big issue. There are not dedicated servers for coop games and they are nearly unplayable becouse of lag. No point in playing them either because, inexplicably, we can no longer get XP from playing campaign. I spent all of this time looking forward to a coop run with my friends and now no one is playing anymore.

Grinding in multiplayer also doesn't help when matchmaking is connecting me to the East Coast or South Dakota. I'm in West Texas! Do these people not have Dallas based servers like everyone else?
I stopped playing because Reach wasn't really one of my favorites, I completed the campaign, played a little multiplayer, and was discouraged by the new system of unlocks. I'll just wait until CE, 2, 3, and ODST.
Steam's population peaked almost 7K players yesterday (Jan. 22nd), the game is slowly and painfully fading into oblivion
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 13