Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Player Numbers: Down %89.75 Since Launch (Edit)

OP Fatal Error1337

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 13
If you don't like it, don't play it but for the love of god just stop moaning about it!

All you guys do is repeat the same thing over and over and over.

You're not achieving anything, so can you just leave us in peace?

If you want a doom sayers circle jerk, sod off to discord
the leveling system might have had something to do with it. i sort of wish we were allowed to keep the old credits system and pay for what you want
Exactly! I put 55 hours into this game and only got halfway though their knockoff fortnite battlepass. I STILL don't have the armor pieces I'm after and I'm not going to sink another 55 hours into this to do it.

For me servers are the other big issue. There are not dedicated servers for coop games and they are nearly unplayable becouse of lag. No point in playing them either because, inexplicably, we can no longer get XP from playing campaign. I spent all of this time looking forward to a coop run with my friends and now no one is playing anymore.

Grinding in multiplayer also doesn't help when matchmaking is connecting me to the East Coast or South Dakota. I'm in West Texas! Do these people not have Dallas based servers like everyone else?
I live in Ireland and am frequently connected to East US (and one time even Central US) servers and I have never experienced unplayable lag. Sure, my ping could be lower but to be honest it's fairly negligible and doesn't impact my performance.

Maybe it's am issue on your end?
https://steamcharts.com/cmp/976730,381210,787860,49520#7d

Intentional or not, this is a horrid joke. My concern is by the time halo 2 and 3 come out, the games people actually want... There won't be anyone left to spread the good news. If a game is released, and no one is there to play it... did it actually release?

If they want to revive this thing they need to release both CE and Halo 2 at the same time... WITH clan abilities for Halo 2, then pay streamers to play/promote it. This would reintroduce people to the MCC on PC, because right now the numbers are horrible.

Streamers would start their own clans, it could all be tracked online... esports teams would come to halo 2 in droves, they would also leverage this ability....
https://steamcharts.com/cmp/976730,381210,787860,49520#7d

Intentional or not, this is a horrid joke. My concern is by the time halo 2 and 3 come out, the games people actually want... There won't be anyone left to spread the good news. If a game is released, and no one is there to play it... did it actually release?

If they want to revive this thing they need to release both CE and Halo 2 at the same time... WITH clan abilities for Halo 2, then pay streamers to play/promote it. This would reintroduce people to the MCC on PC, because right now the numbers are horrible. Streamers would start their own clans, it could all be tracked online... esports teams would come to halo 2 in droves, they would also leverage this ability....
They had summit1g streaming halo reach on PC, but you know what? He would talk about the AA on controller being broken and i think ultimately that's why he stopped playing. And i think the word spread about OP AA controllers and a lot of PC players stopped playing.

If other Halos launch with similar AA on controllers, it'll be the same thing. Unfortunately, 343 is only in it for the initial sales because they have nothing left to sale after that (no MTX). So they really have no incentive to remove AA on controllers on a PC title.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Wait until CE, 2, and 3 hit and you'll see our real numbers.
Funny thing H2 have more AA and BM than Reach lol.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Checking the stas now, almost 5K players playing ATM this is being written at 6 PM (UTC 7), These are not good numbers
Honestly, I just stopped going to my customization page even or looking at the season pass. It's just a grind where you get stuff, most of which is stuff you don't really want. I mean, you get A LOT of gear, but what's the point if you're not gonna wear 80 percent of it. Most times you want something specific. Maybe it is later on in the season pass? Who knows, I don't wanna have to look through every individual unlock to see where it is, because I know it will be too far in for me to even feel motivated to get it. I like the idea of buying with credits. That is way, way better. And that would make me actually care about each thing I unlock.
JustBitsy wrote:
Ill play when other players dont get handicaps for playing with an objectively worse input method.
^this

How can anything be competitive and skill based with aim assist?

Absolute joke.
LOL imagine being -Yoink- with mkb. LOL summit is that you?
Checking the stas now, almost 5K players playing ATM this is being written at 6 PM (UTC 7), These are not good numbers
For the past 3 days the peak has been 6,000 and non-peak 2,300 without any drops. It seems these are the final numbers for Reach during work days. Now we have to wait and see how much the other games will "save" the MCC or if we can consider classic Halo dead.

JustBitsy wrote:
Ill play when other players dont get handicaps for playing with an objectively worse input method.
^this

Absolute joke.
Have you even tried controller? Once I was using one it really made sense to me why everyone was always getting headshots on each other while all I got was bodyshot kills 90% of the time. I stopped KBM at that point. Just point in the general direction and you get a headshot kill with controller.
VMMaster33 wrote:
For the past 3 days the peak has been 6,000 and non-peak 2,300 without any drops. It seems these are the final numbers for Reach during work days. Now we have to wait and see how much the other games will "save" the MCC or if we can consider classic Halo dead.

JustBitsy wrote:
^this

Absolute joke.
Have you even tried controller? Once I was using one it really made sense to me why everyone was always getting headshots on each other while all I got was bodyshot kills 90% of the time. I stopped KBM at that point. Just point in the general direction and you get a headshot kill with controller.
lol oh come on, I agree aim assist is pretty strong.... but this is a drastic exaggeration
I'm even more concerned now, only 3% of the steam population is currently playing (that's out of the 90k player peak) for reference Destiny 2 is at 18% of peak players currently playing, CSGO is at 80% and Rainbow Six: Siege is at 57% (note that these are all rough estimates and not the ACTUAL percentages all though they are close, also this info was taken at 12pm PST on a Thursday so player number may be lower than usual)
I'm even more concerned now, only 3% of the steam population is currently playing (that's out of the 90k player peak) for reference Destiny 2 is at 18% of peak players currently playing, CSGO is at 80% and Rainbow Six: Siege is at 57% (note that these are all rough estimates and not the ACTUAL percentages all though they are close, also this info was taken at 12pm PST on a Thursday so player number may be lower than usual)
When the Halo CE come out the mcc I hope the population return to 90k
Hopefully
Hopefully
lol dream more :) CE is already on PC and everyone who wanted to play that on PC already did since 2003.

Also MCC had 160k population on day 1, stop using the -Yoink- SteamCharts page as reference that recorded MCC stats only from day-3 onward (aka 50k drop after 48 hours already)
xXSprst3Xx wrote:
Hopefully
lol dream more :) CE is already on PC and everyone who wanted to play that on PC already did since 2003.

Also MCC had 160k population on day 1, stop using the -Yoink- SteamCharts page as reference that recorded MCC stats only from day-3 onward (aka 50k drop after 48 hours already)
Not everybody knows CE is on PC and those who do probably don't want to go through the effort of figuring out how to make it work on win10. And not only does the new PC port come with CE Anniversary aswell, but it's also has much better controls, more armor, more modes, and just... more, so quit your BS
xXSprst3Xx wrote:
Hopefully

Not everybody knows CE is on PC and those who do probably don't want to go through the effort of figuring out how to make it work on win10. And not only does the new PC port come with CE Anniversary aswell, but it's also has much better controls, more armor, more modes, and just... more, so quit your BS
We thought all those "343 upgrades" would have been beneficial for Reach too, look how the 343i touch worked out for Reach on PC lol. They shoulda just ported it and left it be as it was on 360 and NOT MCCifiy it.
xXSprst3Xx wrote:
Hopefully

We thought all those "343 upgrades" would have been beneficial for Reach too, look how the 343i touch worked out for Reach on PC lol. They shoulda just ported it and left it be as it was on 360 and NOT MCCifiy it.
true that, also why did I just get 4 notifications from you?!
Not everybody knows CE is on PC and those who do probably don't want to go through the effort of figuring out how to make it work on win10.
And neither does 343i for that matter, lmao
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 13