Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Please no cross play or at least the option

OP Trigger Happy M

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Okay, MCC on PC is extremely exciting news! I get that and agree.... However.... Please please PLEASE tell me this won't be doing crossplay with people on Xbox One's! The reason I beg this of you is primarily because of the lack of balance between those playing with a keyboard and mouse versus those playing on an Xbox with an Xbox One controller.

Seriously, understand there is a huge difference in the response time and accuracy and this will dramatically effect competitive play and even casual play.

At the very least, make it optional for the user to enable or disable cross play in order to keep things on a relatively level playing field please.
I hope so as well.... Not only that but it's so much easier to hack and mod games from a PC. It clealry will no longer be a level playing field especially as long as it takes 343 to fix anything. I have a feeling it's going to be cross play and the start of the end of console gaming.
I hope that crossplay isn't available in matchmaking at the very least. I play a lot of swat and I'm not going to stand a chance against players who are using a mouse and keyboard.
I don't mind crossplay as long it is out from competitive playlists and an option for social playlists. With custom games and campaign, I'm fine with PC & Xbox players playing together in the same session.
I have a lot of friends who only have an Xbox, I really hope PC has crossplay but I also agree it should be opted-out if the user chooses to do so.
I think cross-play is a great addition to Halo MCC, but I have to agree with you on the fact that it should be optional. It would only hurt Halos potential playerbase if they didnt allow cross-play. It would revive servers and playlists on xbox, and let pc players play with their xbox friends.
I really want to play this with my bro who has a PC, so an option to turn cross play on and off would be appreciated.
I really don't see Mouse and Keyboard having a huge advantage over a controller. I'm fine with a toggle option for people that don't want to match against PC players if they don't want to, but if you do be warned you may wait longer to find a match.
Cross play is a good idea.
An option to turn cross play on/off is good too !

I want to play custom game with my friends on consol !

I feel the same way, Im a console gamer naturally and I want to play with my friends who will be getting it on PC
cross play is a must!!
cojo09 2 wrote:

I feel the same way, Im a console gamer naturally and I want to play with my friends who will be getting it on PC
Yes !
I want to play custom game withe my friends (Janga Tower <3 )
A logo (next to the nickname) in the custom lobby it's good ! (The Xbox logo for the consol's player, and the Logo of Windows for the PC players)
But, I don't want to see a logo in a Matchmaking game
IF crossplay is a thing, it should be optional, not mandatory.
I really don't see Mouse and Keyboard having a huge advantage over a controller. I'm fine with a toggle option for people that don't want to match against PC players if they don't want to, but if you do be warned you may wait longer to find a match.
I have no problem waiting a while for a match. It's actually pretty quick even without the PC players right now.
Zealotiv wrote:
IF crossplay is a thing, it should be optional, not mandatory.
Agreed
Crossplay optional. It's already proven keyboard and mouse is more accurate and has a better response time on a high end PC especially with a good player at the desk.
But what if they enabled support for kbm on X1?
AshamanND wrote:
But what if they enabled support for kbm on X1?
I think there already is support for keyboard and mouse on Xbox, isn't there? Either way, no thanks for me. Controller is a lot more comfortable for me, personally.

I hope there is optional cross-play. Although, at the same time, that would increase the wait times for both sides.
Just make it optional, that way we too could have a slice of the immortal cake pc mcc offers.
There are KBM users on Xbox right now, the peripherals are available. Universal playlists are fine by me as I simply want the biggest population possible. Controller has aim
assist and such where as kbm has its own advantages. They both have their advantages in certain situations. I get the issue, but at the very most I’d say optional. I don’t want to lose the best part about this announcement, population.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2