Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Please no cross play or at least the option

OP Trigger Happy M

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
YamaMX wrote:
There are KBM users on Xbox right now, the peripherals are available. Universal playlists are fine by me as I simply want the biggest population possible. Controller has aim
assist and such where as kbm has its own advantages. They both have their advantages in certain situations. I get the issue, but at the very most I’d say optional. I don’t want to lose the best part about this announcement, population.
Population is definately the buzz-word of the announcement, but I fear that if the cross-play won't be optional, the Xbox population will take a massive hit, due to a large migration to PC. It might not be so, but I definately fear it, and tbh that ain't worth a couple of thousand ppl added to the population in general imo.
Staying positive and hopeful about the results of this announcement tho!
Cross-play should be mandatory but they should do it like other top games:

Input based matchmaking. For example:

- Xbox and PC players that are playing with an Xbox controller get matched together.

- Xbox and PC players that are using mouse and keyboard get matched together.

- Xbox and PC players that are using a mix of the two DO NOT get matched together.
I agree and I understand the console players, but there really should be an option to enable or disable Crossplay, I would love to play on the PC a casual match against my friends on the console!
Ofc i wanna crossplay.They will split Halo community if they dont add crossplay.
AshamanND wrote:
But what if they enabled support for kbm on X1?
That.... Doesn't fix the problem of it still being unfair for those with an Xbox controller. People on console shouldn't be forced to switch to keyboard and mouse just to be able to compete.
Maybe if you have console players in your lobby, then search for both but PC for PC and Console to Console could be way to go, unless there arent enough console players searching in your region.
I really don't see Mouse and Keyboard having a huge advantage over a controller. I'm fine with a toggle option for people that don't want to match against PC players if they don't want to, but if you do be warned you may wait longer to find a match.
Dude, you don't understand how game-changing kb/m is. I was playing Halo Online recently and this one dude was just no-scoping with the sniper on a dime, it simply wasn't fair as a controller user.

Whenever I complain about having trouble getting headshots on a pc game when using controller, everyone always says, 'you wouldn't have that problem if you were using kb/m'. There is no chance that kb/m users won't dominate the playerbase.

I feel there at least needs to be an option to disable cross-play so people can simply play without being faced against those with a technological advantage!

EDIT: Then again, my pc is absolute crap, so that might be the main cause of my various disadvantages.
I've also been looking at other posts around here with people saying crossplay isn't really that game-changing, and I partially agree with them. The only major problem I see is the kb/m's accuracy with a sniper. I really hope the difference isn't as serious as I fear.

- Xbox and PC players that are playing with an Xbox controller get matched together.

- Xbox and PC players that are using a mix of the two DO NOT get matched together.
Yessss! Please. Input specific please

THIS I could work with. although I do think the last option should be available in custom games.
I really don't see Mouse and Keyboard having a huge advantage over a controller. I'm fine with a toggle option for people that don't want to match against PC players if they don't want to, but if you do be warned you may wait longer to find a match.
Dude, you don't understand how game-changing kb/m is. I was playing Halo Online recently and this one dude was just no-scoping with the sniper on a dime, it simply wasn't fair as a controller user.

Whenever I complain about having trouble getting headshots on a pc game when using controller, everyone always says, 'you wouldn't have that problem if you were using kb/m'. There is no chance that kb/m users won't dominate the playerbase.

I feel there at least needs to be an option to disable cross-play so people can simply play without being faced against those with a technological advantage!

EDIT: Then again, my pc is absolute crap, so that might be the main cause of my various disadvantages.
I've also been looking at other posts around here with people saying crossplay isn't really that game-changing, and I partially agree with them. The only major problem I see is the kb/m's accuracy with a sniper. I really hope the difference isn't as serious as I fear.
I play a fair amount of fps on pc and a controller/good connection/good pc isn't at a huge disadvantage. The exception like you said is sniping. You will get destroyed by a kb/m user most of the time. I have a good pc and use a 360 controller and do ok, I'm middle of the pack average like I was on console. Against a sniper I'm toast, in a BR contest I'm back to my 50/50 normal performance. Really good console players might have a different experience. I'm used to getting wrecked sometimes so I guess I'm used to it lol.
Cross play, in my opinion, should be added into social playlists as an option, and for forging and custom games, etc. That is all.

That way it would give players the choice to who/how they want to play, but not have it ruin anything. It also expands the player base for both platforms, which is nice.
The issue here is really messy because there’s going to be complaints regardless of what 343 decides to do. I was opposed to cross play when Infinite was announced for PC, but since then it’s grown on me a lot more.
The issue here is really messy because there’s going to be complaints regardless of what 343 decides to do. I was opposed to cross play when Infinite was announced for PC, but since then it’s grown on me a lot more.
I think that putting the choice in the hands of the player is honestly the best option in my opinion. Let us all play how we want to play just like they did with the match composer.
yes kbm users have an advantage over controller users, but I think a higher population via crossplay is just more important at this point
also maybe xbox will support kbm with this game !
I would wager that there is almost zero chance that cross play will be non-optional. Just look at how delicately Gears of War 4 implemented cross-play, and how Sea of Thieves recently gave Xbox players a chance to "opt out" of cross play.
Social matchmaking + co-op allow crossplay. (even tho ultrawide and fov slider users may have advantage against console users)

Rank matchmaking disable crossplay; k+m against k+m and controllers against controllers.
I would want crossplay bc I'm converting to PC soon and I want to play with my friends that can't afford a PC
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2