Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Please punish people for leaving COMPETITIVE games

OP Onpam

I just got done playing my 4th Invasion game in a row where it was a 5v6 for one side. It has gotten to the point where it is just frustrating and no longer fun to play. I would suggest using something like the CS:GO model. 30 minutes MINIMUM for leaving a competitive mode. Or at least make unfair games count for less. It's really unfair when I de-rank after hard-carrying, having almost twice the kills of anyone else in the lobby while losing because we're down a man.
I'm all for people that leave on purpose or AFK, but people that get disconnected should be allowed to rejoin and not face punishment when it is ultimately the game's fault
I'm all for people that leave on purpose or AFK, but people that get disconnected should be allowed to rejoin and not face punishment when it is ultimately the game's fault
I agree, people should be allowed to reconnect if it was outside of their control, but if the game ends and they never come back, they should get a reasonable penalty.
Onpam wrote:
I agree, people should be allowed to reconnect if it was outside of their control, but if the game ends and they never come back, they should get a reasonable penalty.
The game just crashed on me and I can't rejoin... Not only I feel awful for not being able to help my team mates but I get punished for me. Wow...
Onpam wrote:
I just got done playing my 4th Invasion game in a row where it was a 5v6 for one side. It has gotten to the point where it is just frustrating and no longer fun to play. I would suggest using something like the CS:GO model. 30 minutes MINIMUM for leaving a competitive mode. Or at least make unfair games count for less. It's really unfair when I de-rank after hard-carrying, having almost twice the kills of anyone else in the lobby while losing because we're down a man.
Really? You want to punish user's for leaving a game early? Really? ROFL! I ran a Halo Combat Evolved Server Called "Rocket Whores World". ( CTF Custom Game Server ) for 7 years and I never heard of any whinny babies ever complain about leaving a game early. So what if they leave it's just a game. What if the person has an internet issue and looses his/her internet connect connection are you going to punish them also? That is just wrong IMHO. People "RAGE QUIT" all the time for a number of reasons. It's part of the gaming world. Get over it. LOL!
Onpam wrote:
The game just crashed on me and I can't rejoin... Not only I feel awful for not being able to help my team mates but I get punished for me. Wow...
Then people avoid being punished by purposing crashing their games to get out of games they don't want to be apart of...
Onpam wrote:
Then people avoid being punished by purposing crashing their games to get out of games they don't want to be apart of...
So how many innocents will pay the price for your vendetta? When your own system gives you a ban will you shrug your shoulders and go "Welp at least there's a rage quitter somewhere out there that's also sitting here".
Systems like the one you purpose will only hurt the game in the long run. Either it's "Not enough" to satisfy you or too much that it unjustly harms innocents.
Onpam wrote:
So how many innocents will pay the price for your vendetta? When your own system gives you a ban will you shrug your shoulders and go "Welp at least there's a rage quitter somewhere out there that's also sitting here".
Systems like the one you purpose will only hurt the game in the long run. Either it's "Not enough" to satisfy you or too much that it unjustly harms innocents.
It’s called a necessary evil. It’s also why social has leaver bans as well. To many people enter team oriented games or game modes with the idea that only their enjoyment is the only enjoyment that matters, so until that changes these necessary evils will have to remain in the game.
Finding a regular team or group of people to play with completely solves this problem. Queueing solo or with an incomplete team means you should expect quitters to be the norm, so probably not a good idea to play ranked or sweaty without a full group.
Onpam wrote:
They should let you rejoin games if there was a connection issue or crashing. Every way MCC handles leavers/DCs/etc is just awful.
Onpam wrote:
It’s called a necessary evil. It’s also why social has leaver bans as well. To many people enter team oriented games or game modes with the idea that only their enjoyment is the only enjoyment that matters, so until that changes these necessary evils will have to remain in the game.
Strange that Social has them and Ranked doesn't. However I stand by my point, 30 mins for something outta your control is outrageous.
And I personally doubt that this will deter them, as many people have asked we should be able to report them. With reports you could get a more solid penalty be used as well as avoiding the innocent/purposely d/cing issue. It'll also help with AFK and griefers. Overall I think that the report system is better than your blind blanket
Onpam wrote:
This happens figuratively happens nearly all the time on Halo 4 Competitive Squad Battle. It's infuriating because your chances of winning are miniscule (Like seriously, you likely won't win a 5v6 CTF). It's infuriating, because you're stuck wasting time knowing your rank will go down no matter what.