Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Probable Steam Player Count

OP Brizzevic

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Count will easily hit 9.3 Billion minimum
There aren't even that many people in the world...
stckrboy wrote:
Count will easily hit 9.3 Billion minimum
There aren't even that many people in the world...
That's because the Covenant will be playing with us too, don't you see?

-----------------------

I'm thinking it will indeed be a decent amount. Many have been looking forward to this, even prior to the MCC PC announcement.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
At launch I imagine all the Halo fans coming together surpassing the 100k mark at least.
So hard to judge. Don’t forget there are thousands of PC players who never played Halo and have no desire to play it. Now a days games are super fast pace and halo is a veryyyyy slow game.
It's going to pass a million if it has cross-platforming and it may even pass a million on steam alone. Has anyone actually looked at the halo announcement videos on Youtube? There are more than a few that reach over one million views and the like to dislike ratio is ridiculously high. Plus there is still plenty of people that don't even know that MCC is coming to pc, hell I just found out 3 days ago and I'm a huge Halo fan. Although I haven't played in a couple of years because I went full pc 2 years back, mark my words it's gonna happen!
I'd say 20k-50k if it goes poorly, 50k-100k normally, and 100k+ if it goes good.
maybe 100k but only in the launch, the games never keep the same number
"Relatively high" is my estimation.
More then you think my friend.
I think Halo reach is the worst one to bring out first if they want a large player base. Halo 3 or 2 have a proper MMR system and would be more popular amongst communities for games which have an MMR ranking system.
xAmorfide wrote:
I think Halo reach is the worst one to bring out first if they want a large player base. Halo 3 or 2 have a proper MMR system and would be more popular amongst communities for games which have an MMR ranking system.
nostalgia alone will keep reach and the mcc alive until halos 1-3 hit
It's currently #1 on the Top Wishlists chart ie: out of all the games on the Steam Store (upcoming and currently sold included) it has the most users who've added it to their wishlist. Doesn't display solid numbers but still promising.
I think it will float at 50-70k.
What.... it should stomp pubg
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Why in the world was this post moderated.
Mr Arapaho wrote:
So hard to judge. Don’t forget there are thousands of PC players who never played Halo and have no desire to play it. Now a days games are super fast pace and halo is a veryyyyy slow game.
There are also countless thousands who have played Halo but for one reason or another moved away from console gaming or had never owned a console.
I mean I can't say for sure about the numbers but for what it counts Halo:MCC is top in the most wishlisted games on steam, above The OuterWorlds, Rage 2, Dwarf Fortess, Mortal Kombat 11 and Mount and Blade: Bannerlord. All of those games are going to be massive successes so the fact that Halo is at the top is definitely something to take into account. Can't wait to see fellow spartans back in Reach and Halo 3 like 2012 all over again!

Here's my proof if you think I'm just pulling these stats out of mid-air https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=popularwishlist
I really think you guys are over estimating haha. There are almost 300k on dota 2, which is completely different than Halo Reach. CSGO is very different than Reach. PUBG with 100k is the closest to Reach out of the top games. Next is tf2 and warframe, then rainbow six siege. None of these steam players are Halo players, because halo isn't on pc (yet). They won't magically switch to Halo will they?
Hurbii wrote:
I really think you guys are over estimating haha. There are almost 300k on dota 2, which is completely different than Halo Reach. CSGO is very different than Reach. PUBG with 100k is the closest to Reach out of the top games. Next is tf2 and warframe, then rainbow six siege. None of these steam players are Halo players, because halo isn't on pc (yet). They won't magically switch to Halo will they?
You underestimate us.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3