Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Ranked slayer still dead?

OP Rossflex

I haven't been on in a week and I'm only 14 in it..
me and a friend had like 5-15 min wait times
Yeah most competitive queues are very long right now.
Well a lot of the community have have requesting non-DMR starts so odds are there is very little interest in ranked Slayer. And those that are interested in DMR starts probably prefer hardcore,
Well a lot of the community have have requesting non-DMR starts so odds are there is very little interest in ranked Slayer. And those that are interested in DMR starts probably prefer hardcore,
lol most of the guys who prefer AR starts will soon be complaining about power weapon control on maps either way it won't benefit players in the long run.
they should just remove social slayer and have only ranked slayer since they are pretty much the same thing.
Rossflex wrote:
lol most of the guys who prefer AR starts will soon be complaining about power weapon control on maps either way it won't benefit players in the long run.
they should just remove social slayer and have only ranked slayer since they are pretty much the same thing.
No, I don't think they will.

Have you played AR slayer? It's clearly a more balanced game mode (especially considering the pistol is so strong). Also FYI there are still DMRs on the maps - the DMR has not been erased from the game.
Rossflex wrote:

Have you played AR slayer? It's clearly a more balanced game mode (especially considering the pistol is so strong). Also FYI there are still DMRs on the maps - the DMR has not been erased from the game.
yes look at my stats its easy to take map control because most people don't use magnum only AR so you can wipe a team..most players on halo PC are mediocre to be honest and no I don't think it will at all.. either way its still gonna be mostly one sided when you search with 3s or with a squad that's why I rarely play anymore its to easy.
I honestly won't mind AR starts but trust me it will be so much easier because once you get setup the enemy team won't have a chance.
the game has already lost 90% of it's population as well most people are waiting on the other Halo's
Rossflex wrote:

I personally hate the DMR but it gives the other team a better chance to kill you from a distance or just in general when you have map control and power weapons.
Stupid question. Does Queuing with someone else makes it faster? Cause I am solo queuing lately and I get nothing in 15 minutes. Last time I played with someone I felt it found a game real quick.
Minicrom wrote:
Stupid question. Does Queuing with someone else makes it faster? Cause I am solo queuing lately and I get nothing in 15 minutes. Last time I played with someone I felt it found a game real quick.
Not stupid lol I'd imagine it would be quicker solo man... For me it's almost impossible 3 stack and sometimes decent speed with 2. Unfortunately people don't play ranked much on PC idk why.
I find games instantly on ranked halo 5.
Rossflex wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
Rossflex wrote:

yes look at my stats its easy to take map control because most people don't use magnum only AR so you can wipe a team..most players on halo PC are mediocre to be honest and no I don't think it will at all.. either way its still gonna be mostly one sided when you search with 3s or with a squad that's why I rarely play anymore its to easy.
I honestly won't mind AR starts but trust me it will be so much easier because once you get setup the enemy team won't have a chance.
the game has already lost 90% of it's population as well most people are waiting on the other Halo's
I personally hate the DMR but it gives the other team a better chance to kill you from a distance or just in general when you have map control and power weapons.
The thing about Halo is that it is an arena shooter. If one team manages to successfully gain control of the power weapon spawns and control the map in general then they deserve to win - it's as simple as that. This is the foundation that Halo multiplayer is built on. It is each team's job to contest the weapon spawns and advantageous areas of the map in each game, the team which does a better job at this wins.

Giving the players a semi-power weapon at spawn damages the core gameplay as it removes most of the need to accomplish the goals above. When you spawn with a weapon which is versatile enough to excel at any range it reduces the need to seek out a better weapon. Many players have regressed to either camping in their spawns picking off long-range targets or mindlessly seeking out kills without any greater strategy in mind. With DMR spawns the game has regressed into twitch-shooter-like gameplay, removing what is unique about Halo. Leveling the playing field by giving players a crutch in the DMR lessens the depth of the multiplayer experience. If you need evidence of this feel free to hop into any BTB game and experience the bland gameplay for yourself.

Also there is no basis to calling PC players mediocre, and from what I've seen in my gameplay experiences in FFA AR+Magnum starts the Magnum is the primary weapon being used with the AR as a backup/swapped for a weapon pickup. Which may sound a bit backwards but the gameplay is exceptional in comparison to DMR starts IMO.
Ranked has been dead for a long time now lmao. People played a lot for the first 2 weeks then the whole population disappeared.
ranked is dead cause 343 hasn't done anything with controller aim assist. no one wants to play cause its just not fun.
It's not just Slayer, it's everywhere, with 7k people being a 24 max, it's no wonder we're plummeting.
MCC on PC is dying and 343 only has to blame themselves for failing to understand what PC players want from a PC game, but if they really want to please their controllers fans with aim assist go ahead. A competitive fanbase never lasts when the core gameplay is casualized by things like Aim assist, there goes 343's chance to expand the franchise to a bigger audience but they decided to stick with tradition, this will bite them in the long run.

https://steamcharts.com/app/976730#7d
Riahisama wrote:
MCC on PC is dying and 343 only has to blame themselves for failing to understand what PC players want from a PC game, but if they really want to please their controllers fans with aim assist go ahead. A competitive fanbase never lasts when the core gameplay is casualized by things like Aim assist, there goes 343's chance to expand the franchise to a bigger audience but they decided to stick with tradition, this will bite them in the long run.

https://steamcharts.com/app/976730#7d
yeah with all that PC hype and it still lost its population completely,, more people are playing halo 5 right now
<p></p>