I know a lot of people do not care for ranks in MCC but I have an idea. They should implement Halo Reach social rank system for all of MCC. They should overhaul all the customization options for all the halo games and implimet a MCC wide progression system. They could do this while keeping the other ranking systems in tact.

Does anyone else care about having something to work towards no matter what Halo I want to play. It is just an added layer on top of the fun we are already having.
I feel like the "ranking" in MCC is going to be achievement total. I get what you mean, that's not an "official" ranking, but that's going to be what I view as my progression target for the MCC overall.
I do not think they change the ranking or at least not until all the games are released
A rank system encourages a lot of toxicity though, that's why it should have its own playlist.
Hurbii wrote:
A rank system encourages a lot of toxicity though, that's why it should have its own playlist.
Reach did just fine with it's ranking system back when it came out, and will do just fine today.
Hurbii wrote:
Reach did just fine with it's ranking system back when it came out, and will do just fine today.
If it is added in there.
Hurbii wrote:
If it is added in there.
They already said they're trying to do something with the original system in the AMA on Reddit, most likely it'll be a hybrid of sorts, though I'd always prefer the classic military ranking over those boring, drab numbers from MCC and Halo 2...
they are looking into a progression exp system for mcc but i highly doubt they are gonna implement reachs system. they will more then likely start everyone off on a clean slate or make a system that applies to everyones account and automatically puts them in a rank.
Not a big fan of ranking systems, would prefer flat levels with an XP system.
Not a big fan of ranking systems, would prefer flat levels with an XP system.
Same here fam
Just as long as it doesn't take forever to unlock the armour pieces that I want. I know what my Spartan in Reach looks like. I don't want to have to do the grind up to General and beyond all over just so I can make them look the way I want all over again.
I know a lot of people do not care for ranks in MCC but I have an idea. They should implement Halo Reach social rank system for all of MCC. They should overhaul all the customization options for all the halo games and implimet a MCC wide progression system. They could do this while keeping the other ranking systems in tact.

Does anyone else care about having something to work towards no matter what Halo I want to play. It is just an added layer on top of the fun we are already having.
I don't really know how things are going to work, but my ideal MCC/what i thought was happening was:
-You launch into halo reach and it brings you to the halo reach UI, instead of the more cluttered, uglier MCC UI(imo)
-Then from what they said i thought they were going to add a seperate progression system for Reach, similar to the old one, but just change how you earn armour, which i also thought was pointless because why would you change an already perfect well recieved progression system.
-Then, as well as having a seperate rank for Reach, you would also have the global MCC rank
I like the idea of at least unlocking things as you progress, especially customization wise. Maybe make the armour/helmet options something you gotta work towards? I find with games like COD its the daily challenges and overall bigger challenges/unlock systems that keep me coming back. I personally love how WWII is setup. If we could do something like that for this that would be amazing. Although that being said, i don't wanna have put in all the hours and hours of work i did originally to get Hayabusa again lol...