Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Reach - Season Pass Does not Feel Rewarding

OP Delta5931

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
This new system feels like a massive step backward from Halo Reach's original unlock system. We have an entire tier devoted to just helmets (with a Firefight voice and Elite Armor randomly thrown in), the next tier devoted to just shoulder pieces, the next tier to just chestpieces.

This system feels awful because it's taken all player choice and thrown it out the window. Unlocks are now strictly dictated and deviating from that path is impossible. The ODST helmet, which was previously an early unlock in the original Reach, is now locked to Tier 3's ending unlock.

EXP gain also feels extremely slow, with two hours of game time bringing me to only the Recon (I think third or fourth) unlock on the First Tier. EXP also can't be gained from playing Custom games or Campagin, so the incentive to replay those modes is largely shot. I remember playing those for hours before I had Xbox Live to unlock new armor pieces because they looked cool.

I get that 343 is trying to find a new form of monetization for Halo Infinite, now that lootboxes are basically vilified by the public, but this just feels... Wrong, for Reach.

Now that we have experience with this system, I'm curious to see what the community thinks. Yay or nay?
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Part of the problem was the game not telling me that Campaign and Custom Firefight doesnt give EXP for completion, like it did in the 360 version. Part of the problem was that I didnt win the PVP match I played (and I only just got the game on PC, I might add). The thing is, is that the system should be rewarding for players of all skill levels, not only the obviously high and mighty like yourself who lord their prowess over other players.

I remember because I played for hours without Xbox Live to get levels and customization. I was able to unlock FJ/PARA Shoulders by the end of Winter Contingency and the HP/HALO Chestpiece by the end of Long Night of Solace. Some customization options are also avaliable off the bat to purchase with the 5000 CR the game gives you from the start. I believe the options are CQC Base, Mark V B HUL, and ODST Base in the original Reach. FJ/PARA is avaliable from the start as well. ODST base is now an ending Tier 3 Unlock.
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Part of the problem was the game not telling me that Campaign and Custom Firefight doesnt give EXP for completion, like it did in the 360 version. Part of the problem was that I didnt win the PVP match I played (and I only just got the game on PC, I might add). The thing is, is that the system should be rewarding for players of all skill levels, not only the obviously high and mighty like yourself who lord their prowess over other players.

I remember because I played for hours without Xbox Live to get levels and customization. I was able to unlock FJ/PARA Shoulders by the end of Winter Contingency and the HP/HALO Chestpiece by the end of Long Night of Solace. Some customization options are also avaliable off the bat to purchase with the 5000 CR the game gives you from the start. I believe the options are CQC Base, Mark V B HUL, and ODST Base in the original Reach. ODST base is now an ending Tier 3 Unlock.
I didn't win my first two matches either and yes it does reward you for doing better in a match. Did you only play one match? or if you didn't did you not get any kills what so ever? The better you do the more XP you get.

and sure you got access to 3 different helmets right off the bat. Guess what I got just as much from literally 1 game of MP. If you play Halo just for the Campaign then the customization literally is meaningless because you can't show it off and they removed XP gain from customs so people couldn't just cheese it and get everything within a day.

You're crying because 343 isn't handing you everything on a silver platter because you played the original. You want unlocks then play the game. Hell if you don't like PvP then play Firefight.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Part of the problem was the game not telling me that Campaign and Custom Firefight doesnt give EXP for completion, like it did in the 360 version. Part of the problem was that I didnt win the PVP match I played (and I only just got the game on PC, I might add). The thing is, is that the system should be rewarding for players of all skill levels, not only the obviously high and mighty like yourself who lord their prowess over other players.

I remember because I played for hours without Xbox Live to get levels and customization. I was able to unlock FJ/PARA Shoulders by the end of Winter Contingency and the HP/HALO Chestpiece by the end of Long Night of Solace. Some customization options are also avaliable off the bat to purchase with the 5000 CR the game gives you from the start. I believe the options are CQC Base, Mark V B HUL, and ODST Base in the original Reach. ODST base is now an ending Tier 3 Unlock.
I didn't win my first two matches either and yes it does reward you for doing better in a match. Did you only play one match? or if you didn't did you not get any kills what so ever? The better you do the more XP you get.

and sure you got access to 3 different helmets right off the bat. Guess what I got just as much from literally 1 game of MP. If you play Halo just for the Campaign then the customization literally is meaningless because you can't show it off and they removed XP gain from customs so people couldn't just cheese it and get everything within a day.

You're crying because 343 isn't handing you everything on a silver platter because you played the original. You want unlocks then play the game. Hell if you don't like PvP then play Firefight.
I played one match, then played FireFight where I got my two levels of progression.

ODST helmet is now locked to Tier 3's end, whereas it was a Recruit unlock for 2,500ish CR. FJ/PARA shoulders were also Recruit unlocks for 250 CR each. Those shoulders are now restricted to Tier 2's first unlock. My ability to customize my character has been reduced immensely compared to the original Reach.

Customization is part of the game, and I like how my Spartan looks visually in campaign. There's no reason I cant earn bonus EXP for Achievements during campaign. Theres also no reason EXP cant be earned in Customs if it was enabled in the original Reach.

I would appreciate it if you would cease to make both foolish and erroneous assumptions. I have no problem unlocking this stuff again. I have a problem with a system that has reduced my enjoyment of the game by its lack of rewarding unlocks and progression.
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Part of the problem was the game not telling me that Campaign and Custom Firefight doesnt give EXP for completion, like it did in the 360 version. Part of the problem was that I didnt win the PVP match I played (and I only just got the game on PC, I might add). The thing is, is that the system should be rewarding for players of all skill levels, not only the obviously high and mighty like yourself who lord their prowess over other players.

I remember because I played for hours without Xbox Live to get levels and customization. I was able to unlock FJ/PARA Shoulders by the end of Winter Contingency and the HP/HALO Chestpiece by the end of Long Night of Solace. Some customization options are also avaliable off the bat to purchase with the 5000 CR the game gives you from the start. I believe the options are CQC Base, Mark V B HUL, and ODST Base in the original Reach. ODST base is now an ending Tier 3 Unlock.
I didn't win my first two matches either and yes it does reward you for doing better in a match. Did you only play one match? or if you didn't did you not get any kills what so ever? The better you do the more XP you get.

and sure you got access to 3 different helmets right off the bat. Guess what I got just as much from literally 1 game of MP. If you play Halo just for the Campaign then the customization literally is meaningless because you can't show it off and they removed XP gain from customs so people couldn't just cheese it and get everything within a day.

You're crying because 343 isn't handing you everything on a silver platter because you played the original. You want unlocks then play the game. Hell if you don't like PvP then play Firefight.
I played one match, then played FireFight where I got my two levels of progression.

ODST helmet is now locked to Tier 3's end, whereas it was a Recruit unlock for 2,500ish CR. FJ/PARA shoulders were also Recruit unlocks for 250 CR each. Those shoulders are now restricted to Tier 2's first unlock. My ability to customize my character has been reduced immensely compared to the original Reach.

Customization is part of the game, and I like how my Spartan looks visually in campaign. There's no reason I cant earn bonus EXP for Achievements during campaign. Theres also no reason EXP cant be earned in Customs if it was enabled in the original Reach.

I would appreciate it if you would cease to make both foolish and erroneous assumptions. I have no problem unlocking this stuff again. I have a problem with a system that has reduced my enjoyment of the game by its lack of rewarding unlocks and progression.
Then go back to playing the original. The biggest issue is that the armor unlocks aren't mixed better and that's it and it's an extremely small inconvenience. The whole reason for the Battle Pass is to keep people coming back and giving them something to work towards. What you want is easy mode and everything handed to you. Sorry that's not how life works and if you think the unlocks are unfair then you obviously like I said before don't play any other online game with unlocks and customization because if you have then you'd realize that this system is not unfair. You're just lazy.
Apparently im a "BRIGADIER GRADE 2" in original reach, what even would that BE in this system, also i get an unlock every so often for the season thing but im not sure why, and you can save them up but im also not sure why because it wont let you unlock anything out of order... im very confused.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Part of the problem was the game not telling me that Campaign and Custom Firefight doesnt give EXP for completion, like it did in the 360 version. Part of the problem was that I didnt win the PVP match I played (and I only just got the game on PC, I might add). The thing is, is that the system should be rewarding for players of all skill levels, not only the obviously high and mighty like yourself who lord their prowess over other players.

I remember because I played for hours without Xbox Live to get levels and customization. I was able to unlock FJ/PARA Shoulders by the end of Winter Contingency and the HP/HALO Chestpiece by the end of Long Night of Solace. Some customization options are also avaliable off the bat to purchase with the 5000 CR the game gives you from the start. I believe the options are CQC Base, Mark V B HUL, and ODST Base in the original Reach. ODST base is now an ending Tier 3 Unlock.
I didn't win my first two matches either and yes it does reward you for doing better in a match. Did you only play one match? or if you didn't did you not get any kills what so ever? The better you do the more XP you get.

and sure you got access to 3 different helmets right off the bat. Guess what I got just as much from literally 1 game of MP. If you play Halo just for the Campaign then the customization literally is meaningless because you can't show it off and they removed XP gain from customs so people couldn't just cheese it and get everything within a day.

You're crying because 343 isn't handing you everything on a silver platter because you played the original. You want unlocks then play the game. Hell if you don't like PvP then play Firefight.
I played one match, then played FireFight where I got my two levels of progression.

ODST helmet is now locked to Tier 3's end, whereas it was a Recruit unlock for 2,500ish CR. FJ/PARA shoulders were also Recruit unlocks for 250 CR each. Those shoulders are now restricted to Tier 2's first unlock. My ability to customize my character has been reduced immensely compared to the original Reach.

Customization is part of the game, and I like how my Spartan looks visually in campaign. There's no reason I cant earn bonus EXP for Achievements during campaign. Theres also no reason EXP cant be earned in Customs if it was enabled in the original Reach.

I would appreciate it if you would cease to make both foolish and erroneous assumptions. I have no problem unlocking this stuff again. I have a problem with a system that has reduced my enjoyment of the game by its lack of rewarding unlocks and progression.
Then go back to playing the original. The biggest issue is that the armor unlocks aren't mixed better and that's it and it's an extremely small inconvenience. The whole reason for the Battle Pass is to keep people coming back and giving them something to work towards. What you want is easy mode and everything handed to you. Sorry that's not how life works and if you think the unlocks are unfair then you obviously like I said before don't play any other online game with unlocks and customization because if you have then you'd realize that this system is not unfair. You're just lazy.
Oh boy, more assumptions. Almost as if you can see your points failing to ring true because you're assuming my situation

First, I'm playing on PC. Going back to the 360 version isnt an option.
Second, what may be a "small inconvenience" for you may be a large inconvenience for others. Do not assume that your reality is everyone else's.
Third, when did I ever indicate I want "Easy" mode? Never. I worked extremely hard (counterpoint to your poorly constructed lazy argument) to get the progression I did in the original Reach. I would not mind making that progression again, but this system does not reward me for my efforts by giving me a wide and diverse pool of unlocks. It railroads me into some unlocks.
I have played plenty of games with progression systems, Titanfall 2 being one of my favorites. There, the customization unlocks are varied and require skill and knowledge of the game to accomplish in some cases. Others require patience and hard work to achieve.
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Part of the problem was the game not telling me that Campaign and Custom Firefight doesnt give EXP for completion, like it did in the 360 version. Part of the problem was that I didnt win the PVP match I played (and I only just got the game on PC, I might add). The thing is, is that the system should be rewarding for players of all skill levels, not only the obviously high and mighty like yourself who lord their prowess over other players.

I remember because I played for hours without Xbox Live to get levels and customization. I was able to unlock FJ/PARA Shoulders by the end of Winter Contingency and the HP/HALO Chestpiece by the end of Long Night of Solace. Some customization options are also avaliable off the bat to purchase with the 5000 CR the game gives you from the start. I believe the options are CQC Base, Mark V B HUL, and ODST Base in the original Reach. ODST base is now an ending Tier 3 Unlock.
I didn't win my first two matches either and yes it does reward you for doing better in a match. Did you only play one match? or if you didn't did you not get any kills what so ever? The better you do the more XP you get.

and sure you got access to 3 different helmets right off the bat. Guess what I got just as much from literally 1 game of MP. If you play Halo just for the Campaign then the customization literally is meaningless because you can't show it off and they removed XP gain from customs so people couldn't just cheese it and get everything within a day.

You're crying because 343 isn't handing you everything on a silver platter because you played the original. You want unlocks then play the game. Hell if you don't like PvP then play Firefight.
I played one match, then played FireFight where I got my two levels of progression.

ODST helmet is now locked to Tier 3's end, whereas it was a Recruit unlock for 2,500ish CR. FJ/PARA shoulders were also Recruit unlocks for 250 CR each. Those shoulders are now restricted to Tier 2's first unlock. My ability to customize my character has been reduced immensely compared to the original Reach.

Customization is part of the game, and I like how my Spartan looks visually in campaign. There's no reason I cant earn bonus EXP for Achievements during campaign. Theres also no reason EXP cant be earned in Customs if it was enabled in the original Reach.

I would appreciate it if you would cease to make both foolish and erroneous assumptions. I have no problem unlocking this stuff again. I have a problem with a system that has reduced my enjoyment of the game by its lack of rewarding unlocks and progression.
Then go back to playing the original. The biggest issue is that the armor unlocks aren't mixed better and that's it and it's an extremely small inconvenience. The whole reason for the Battle Pass is to keep people coming back and giving them something to work towards. What you want is easy mode and everything handed to you. Sorry that's not how life works and if you think the unlocks are unfair then you obviously like I said before don't play any other online game with unlocks and customization because if you have then you'd realize that this system is not unfair. You're just lazy.
Oh boy, more assumptions. Almost as if you can see your points failing to ring true because you're assuming my situation

First, I'm playing on PC. Going back to the 360 version isnt an option.
Second, what may be a "small inconvenience" for you may be a large inconvenience for others. Do not assume that your reality is everyone else's.
Third, when did I ever indicate I want "Easy" mode? Never. I worked extremely hard (counterpoint to your poorly constructed lazy argument) to get the progression I did in the original Reach. I would not mind making that progression again, but this system does not reward me for my efforts by giving me a wide and diverse pool of unlocks. It railroads me into some unlocks.
I have played plenty of games with progression systems, Titanfall 2 being one of my favorites. There, the customization unlocks are varied and require skill and knowledge of the game to accomplish in some cases. Others require patience and hard work to achieve.
You claiming that the unlocks are so slow because apparently you're so bad that you only got 3 unlocks in 2 hours and then decided to come to the forum and cry about it means you want easy mode and the fact that you say you worked hard in the original, but all I've heard is that you want XP in campaign and customs so you can farm for easy XP (ie laziness and easy mode) and if you actually bothered to play any of the MP you would have noticed that you do in fact get rewarded with more XP for doing better and being better at the game.

Oh and by the way this is the Xbox forum for MCC not the PC forum.
I'm just trying to get my Gungnir armor again bros.
There shouldn't even be an unlock system in a game this old but that's just me. I already did the "work" almost a decade ago, re-releases should be celebrating the original game by having all content unlocked from the start.

Remember when you used to come back to play a game every day because you enjoyed it and not just to fill out an arbitrary checklist? I mean it is always going to be gross adding additional monetization like a BP on top of a premium product, but at least someone benefits from it under normal circumstances. Slapping a BP system it on to MCC is just adding on time wasting elements for the sake of it

The whole thing reeks of a dry run for Infinite's micro-transactions....
WerepyreND wrote:
There shouldn't even be an unlock system in a game this old but that's just me. I already did the "work" almost a decade ago, re-releases should be celebrating the original game by having all content unlocked from the start.

Remember when you used to come back to play a game every day because you enjoyed it and not just to fill out an arbitrary checklist? I mean it is always going to be gross adding additional monetization like a BP on top of a premium product, but at least someone benefits from it under normal circumstances. Slapping a BP system it on to MCC is just adding on time wasting elements for the sake of it

The whole thing reeks of a dry run for Infinite's micro-transactions....
While I agree with you, I am very happy that the seasons are not timegated (see Gears 5). I can do stuff on my own schedule and don't feel pressured.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
You can literally buy 2-3 shoulder pads/chest armours before you even play a single game in the legacy version.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Part of the problem was the game not telling me that Campaign and Custom Firefight doesnt give EXP for completion, like it did in the 360 version. Part of the problem was that I didnt win the PVP match I played (and I only just got the game on PC, I might add). The thing is, is that the system should be rewarding for players of all skill levels, not only the obviously high and mighty like yourself who lord their prowess over other players.

I remember because I played for hours without Xbox Live to get levels and customization. I was able to unlock FJ/PARA Shoulders by the end of Winter Contingency and the HP/HALO Chestpiece by the end of Long Night of Solace. Some customization options are also avaliable off the bat to purchase with the 5000 CR the game gives you from the start. I believe the options are CQC Base, Mark V B HUL, and ODST Base in the original Reach. ODST base is now an ending Tier 3 Unlock.
I didn't win my first two matches either and yes it does reward you for doing better in a match. Did you only play one match? or if you didn't did you not get any kills what so ever? The better you do the more XP you get.

and sure you got access to 3 different helmets right off the bat. Guess what I got just as much from literally 1 game of MP. If you play Halo just for the Campaign then the customization literally is meaningless because you can't show it off and they removed XP gain from customs so people couldn't just cheese it and get everything within a day.

You're crying because 343 isn't handing you everything on a silver platter because you played the original. You want unlocks then play the game. Hell if you don't like PvP then play Firefight.
I played one match, then played FireFight where I got my two levels of progression.

ODST helmet is now locked to Tier 3's end, whereas it was a Recruit unlock for 2,500ish CR. FJ/PARA shoulders were also Recruit unlocks for 250 CR each. Those shoulders are now restricted to Tier 2's first unlock. My ability to customize my character has been reduced immensely compared to the original Reach.

Customization is part of the game, and I like how my Spartan looks visually in campaign. There's no reason I cant earn bonus EXP for Achievements during campaign. Theres also no reason EXP cant be earned in Customs if it was enabled in the original Reach.

I would appreciate it if you would cease to make both foolish and erroneous assumptions. I have no problem unlocking this stuff again. I have a problem with a system that has reduced my enjoyment of the game by its lack of rewarding unlocks and progression.
Then go back to playing the original. The biggest issue is that the armor unlocks aren't mixed better and that's it and it's an extremely small inconvenience. The whole reason for the Battle Pass is to keep people coming back and giving them something to work towards. What you want is easy mode and everything handed to you. Sorry that's not how life works and if you think the unlocks are unfair then you obviously like I said before don't play any other online game with unlocks and customization because if you have then you'd realize that this system is not unfair. You're just lazy.
Strawman: The Post
The fact that you earn everything in a linear progression makes season points useless, you might as well just get something everytime you rank up and skip the process of buying a helmet I don't want. Customisation is severely held back by restricting the most basic options to tier2-4. You know your system is jank when having the FIRST shoulder pads be something you can flex about.
Quote:
When a season ends, nothing will be taken away in terms of unlocks. If a new season starts that has a new theme, such as the release of the next title for MCC PC, it will be additive and include new unlocks to work towards. For you, this means that if you haven’t finished unlocking all content for the first Halo: Reach season, and the Halo: Combat Evolved season has started, you now can choose to continue working on unlocking content in the Halo: Reach season or use your season points towards the unlocks from the new Halo: CE season.
Source

I believe this is why the system currently seems linear/“pointless” - once other Seasons are added we will have more freedom to spend our points on a variety of rewards instead of the linear path.

That said, if you do buy everything in the Halo: Reach season you will only have a linear path again once the next season starts. Not necessarily a bad thing if you’re looking to get everything, but perhaps being able to save points and buy a later item you want sooner would be a good compromise. This is similar to how Halo: Reach’s credits worked.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Part of the problem was the game not telling me that Campaign and Custom Firefight doesnt give EXP for completion, like it did in the 360 version. Part of the problem was that I didnt win the PVP match I played (and I only just got the game on PC, I might add). The thing is, is that the system should be rewarding for players of all skill levels, not only the obviously high and mighty like yourself who lord their prowess over other players.

I remember because I played for hours without Xbox Live to get levels and customization. I was able to unlock FJ/PARA Shoulders by the end of Winter Contingency and the HP/HALO Chestpiece by the end of Long Night of Solace. Some customization options are also avaliable off the bat to purchase with the 5000 CR the game gives you from the start. I believe the options are CQC Base, Mark V B HUL, and ODST Base in the original Reach. ODST base is now an ending Tier 3 Unlock.
I didn't win my first two matches either and yes it does reward you for doing better in a match. Did you only play one match? or if you didn't did you not get any kills what so ever? The better you do the more XP you get.

and sure you got access to 3 different helmets right off the bat. Guess what I got just as much from literally 1 game of MP. If you play Halo just for the Campaign then the customization literally is meaningless because you can't show it off and they removed XP gain from customs so people couldn't just cheese it and get everything within a day.

You're crying because 343 isn't handing you everything on a silver platter because you played the original. You want unlocks then play the game. Hell if you don't like PvP then play Firefight.
I played one match, then played FireFight where I got my two levels of progression.

ODST helmet is now locked to Tier 3's end, whereas it was a Recruit unlock for 2,500ish CR. FJ/PARA shoulders were also Recruit unlocks for 250 CR each. Those shoulders are now restricted to Tier 2's first unlock. My ability to customize my character has been reduced immensely compared to the original Reach.

Customization is part of the game, and I like how my Spartan looks visually in campaign. There's no reason I cant earn bonus EXP for Achievements during campaign. Theres also no reason EXP cant be earned in Customs if it was enabled in the original Reach.

I would appreciate it if you would cease to make both foolish and erroneous assumptions. I have no problem unlocking this stuff again. I have a problem with a system that has reduced my enjoyment of the game by its lack of rewarding unlocks and progression.
Oh boy, more assumptions. Almost as if you can see your points failing to ring true because you're assuming my situation

First, I'm playing on PC. Going back to the 360 version isnt an option.
Second, what may be a "small inconvenience" for you may be a large inconvenience for others. Do not assume that your reality is everyone else's.
Third, when did I ever indicate I want "Easy" mode? Never. I worked extremely hard (counterpoint to your poorly constructed lazy argument) to get the progression I did in the original Reach. I would not mind making that progression again, but this system does not reward me for my efforts by giving me a wide and diverse pool of unlocks. It railroads me into some unlocks.
I have played plenty of games with progression systems, Titanfall 2 being one of my favorites. There, the customization unlocks are varied and require skill and knowledge of the game to accomplish in some cases. Others require patience and hard work to achieve.
You claiming that the unlocks are so slow because apparently you're so bad that you only got 3 unlocks in 2 hours and then decided to come to the forum and cry about it means you want easy mode and the fact that you say you worked hard in the original, but all I've heard is that you want XP in campaign and customs so you can farm for easy XP (ie laziness and easy mode) and if you actually bothered to play any of the MP you would have noticed that you do in fact get rewarded with more XP for doing better and being better at the game.

Oh and by the way this is the Xbox forum for MCC not the PC forum.
I don't think you should assume that just cause he's asking for XP rewards in campaign and customs that he's asking for a "easy mode". There are people out there who just prefer to play the campaign or customs especially with their own friends and would still like to be rewarded doing what they like to do within the game whether that be Matchmaking, Campaign, Firefight, Customs or anything within the game. Yes, Campaign and customs can be used to farm XP but it shouldn't be the deciding factor.
Bangy TTV wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
So you completed 3 to 4 out of what 10 tiers with only 2 hours of gameplay? That's not slow. Far from it. The original Reach was slow this moves relatively quickly. This first season is mainly just the original Reach unlocks. Next season they'll be adding in more stuff. Yes it sucks we don't even get a little bit of XP from the campaign, but even as you've proven just by casually playing anyone will be able to get everything by seasons end. There's also plenty of reason to go back to the campaign. Achievements and you really shouldn't be able to get XP from custom games cause then people could just cheese the system and get all the unlocks within a couple hours.

I don't think you remember the original too well if you think the unlocks there were fast and you think this is slow.
I got three unlocks from two hours of game time
It'll take me at least 6 or more to get one set of shoulder pads, and far longer to get one chest piece. The issue isnt the speed, it's that the rather expansive customization options have been completely neutered in favor of a linear system that railroads you into having things you both do not want nor desire. At least with the original Reach, you had options for Chestpieces and Shoulders within two hours of game time, or even less.

The achievements dont give me EXP. Why should I do them if my only reward is the achievement? This wasnt an issue in the original Reach, because that had EXP gain for Customs, Firefight Customs and Campaign.

I'm not saying the original was fast (though I could get more customization options faster than I can here), I'm saying it's more rewarding in terms of player choice. I feel more in control of my unlocks in original Reach than in MCC Reach.
If you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours then you're the problem not the game. I played one match of invasion and got 2 points to spend and my second game I got another. That was 3 unlocks in less than probably 20 minutes and no in the original you did not have this huge amount of customization within 2 hours. within 2 hours sure you had maybe a helmet and a shoulder pad and that's about it. You obviously haven't played the game in a while cause unlocks were tied to your in game rank as well. You had to be a certain rank to unlock certain stuff just like with the MCC except it's faster in the MCC whether you want to believe it is or not.
Part of the problem was the game not telling me that Campaign and Custom Firefight doesnt give EXP for completion, like it did in the 360 version. Part of the problem was that I didnt win the PVP match I played (and I only just got the game on PC, I might add). The thing is, is that the system should be rewarding for players of all skill levels, not only the obviously high and mighty like yourself who lord their prowess over other players.

I remember because I played for hours without Xbox Live to get levels and customization. I was able to unlock FJ/PARA Shoulders by the end of Winter Contingency and the HP/HALO Chestpiece by the end of Long Night of Solace. Some customization options are also avaliable off the bat to purchase with the 5000 CR the game gives you from the start. I believe the options are CQC Base, Mark V B HUL, and ODST Base in the original Reach. ODST base is now an ending Tier 3 Unlock.
I didn't win my first two matches either and yes it does reward you for doing better in a match. Did you only play one match? or if you didn't did you not get any kills what so ever? The better you do the more XP you get.

and sure you got access to 3 different helmets right off the bat. Guess what I got just as much from literally 1 game of MP. If you play Halo just for the Campaign then the customization literally is meaningless because you can't show it off and they removed XP gain from customs so people couldn't just cheese it and get everything within a day.

You're crying because 343 isn't handing you everything on a silver platter because you played the original. You want unlocks then play the game. Hell if you don't like PvP then play Firefight.
I played one match, then played FireFight where I got my two levels of progression.

ODST helmet is now locked to Tier 3's end, whereas it was a Recruit unlock for 2,500ish CR. FJ/PARA shoulders were also Recruit unlocks for 250 CR each. Those shoulders are now restricted to Tier 2's first unlock. My ability to customize my character has been reduced immensely compared to the original Reach.

Customization is part of the game, and I like how my Spartan looks visually in campaign. There's no reason I cant earn bonus EXP for Achievements during campaign. Theres also no reason EXP cant be earned in Customs if it was enabled in the original Reach.

I would appreciate it if you would cease to make both foolish and erroneous assumptions. I have no problem unlocking this stuff again. I have a problem with a system that has reduced my enjoyment of the game by its lack of rewarding unlocks and progression.
Oh boy, more assumptions. Almost as if you can see your points failing to ring true because you're assuming my situation

First, I'm playing on PC. Going back to the 360 version isnt an option.
Second, what may be a "small inconvenience" for you may be a large inconvenience for others. Do not assume that your reality is everyone else's.
Third, when did I ever indicate I want "Easy" mode? Never. I worked extremely hard (counterpoint to your poorly constructed lazy argument) to get the progression I did in the original Reach. I would not mind making that progression again, but this system does not reward me for my efforts by giving me a wide and diverse pool of unlocks. It railroads me into some unlocks.
I have played plenty of games with progression systems, Titanfall 2 being one of my favorites. There, the customization unlocks are varied and require skill and knowledge of the game to accomplish in some cases. Others require patience and hard work to achieve.
You claiming that the unlocks are so slow because apparently you're so bad that you only got 3 unlocks in 2 hours and then decided to come to the forum and cry about it means you want easy mode and the fact that you say you worked hard in the original, but all I've heard is that you want XP in campaign and customs so you can farm for easy XP (ie laziness and easy mode) and if you actually bothered to play any of the MP you would have noticed that you do in fact get rewarded with more XP for doing better and being better at the game.

Oh and by the way this is the Xbox forum for MCC not the PC forum.
I don't think you should assume that just cause he's asking for XP rewards in campaign and customs that he's asking for a "easy mode". There are people out there who just prefer to play the campaign or customs especially with their own friends and would still like to be rewarded doing what they like to do within the game whether that be Matchmaking, Campaign, Firefight, Customs or anything within the game. Yes, Campaign and customs can be used to farm XP but it shouldn't be the deciding factor.
That's not me assuming he's literally going around the forum saying he wants it because that's what he did in the original. He sat in a specific mission and grinding it for XP.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5