Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Reach and H1-4 Data Transfer from first Xbox & 360

OP BryanUNSC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi,

Just a friendly question regarding the rank and DLC we got for Halo Reach on the Xbox 360. If the game drops on Steam, do we get to have our old rank and stats back (the road to Inheritor is a tedious one)? Also, do Bungie's gifts (nameplates, Eternal helmet effect etc.) and the other DLC like the legendary helmet effect and Recon 3rd upgrade carry over and stay exclusive?

Yours sincerely,

Edit: Had to edit the title because of the extra info given by stckrboy
No, nothing from the 360 will transfer over. MCC is classed as a separate game so all stats and everything else start fresh. Can't talk specifics about things like flaming helmets as I don't know what the plans are for stuff like that just yet

Edit: Just to further clarify - Halo 1 through 4 in MCC launched the same way, nothing from your Xbox / 360 profile transferred over.
I'm betting everything is starting from scratch, just like the other titles in MCC.

As far as customization goes - who knows? Maybe they'll add an unlocking/progression system.
Thank you!
stckrboy wrote:
No, nothing from the 360 will transfer over. MCC is classed as a separate game so all stats and everything else start fresh. Can't talk specifics about things like flaming helmets as I don't know what the plans are for stuff like that just yet
Shame, getting to Inheritor is exhausting. I suspect there won't be ranks anymore, just unlockables since doubt people will be solely playing as much as they did when the original Reach came out. It be nice if they at least checked our service record to auto-unlock Inheritor armour for those that did achieve it since it be depressing if they just made it easy and gave it to everyone.
If it's anything like the other games, the armour will all be unlocked from the get-go.
stckrboy wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer to this one. Good to know!
stckrboy wrote:
Edit: Just to further clarify - Halo 1 through 4 in MCC launched the same way, nothing from your Xbox / 360 profile transferred over.
Thanks for the extra info!
AshamanND wrote:
I'm betting everything is starting from scratch, just like the other titles in MCC.

As far as customization goes - who knows? Maybe they'll add an unlocking/progression system.
I just hope Reach will keep its armor customization as opposed to the sets we got for the other titles in MCC. It'd be nice if they could restore the customization on the other titles too.
Honestly I hope they can Reach's almost exclusively credit/rank armor unlock system and go back to H3 achievement based unlocks.
If it's anything like the other games, the armour will all be unlocked from the get-go.
Hoping for this. I'm not worried about using the armor to show off anymore. Anyone who would be worried about it id just link to my stats for reach. I just dont want to grind it all out again. that was a nightmare. May have been rewarding years ago, but grinding a second time? Ill pass.
I was just rethinking about this but surely Reach would at least port over file shares for forge maps/game-types, it be kind of strange if they didn't since there's a lot of content that was created by the community over several years and I really doubt anyone wants to have rebuild everything....I've even got maps that I wouldn't want to rebuild because I I don't think would be as good or be a perfect replica of what I built in the Reach days plus the older maps I'm more attached due to having fund memories of playing those friends back in the day.
how much will the each individual games cost for pc and how much will reach cost for the xbox one?
and will there be cross platform multiplayer added?
how much will the each individual games cost for pc and how much will reach cost for the xbox one?
and will there be cross platform multiplayer added?
Please try and keep on topic thanks and don't post multiple times in a row. There is a pinned thread with all the confirmed details so far, this information isn't known just yet.
stckrboy wrote:
I think that's the best way forward. In one sense I'm sentimental for what I'll call legacy statistics, and as such I'm glad they will remain intact and won't be affected by my playing now. Similarly, I think there's so much fun to be had in earning all the achievements and ranks again. I wouldn't want it any other way!
So I basically have to start from scratch all over, again? A'ight.
So we basically have to start from scratch now? Damn... I'm a bit disappointed.
ronnie42 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Shame, getting to Inheritor is exhausting. I suspect there won't be ranks anymore, just unlockables since doubt people will be solely playing as much as they did when the original Reach came out. It be nice if they at least checked our service record to auto-unlock Inheritor armour for those that did achieve it since it be depressing if they just made it easy and gave it to everyone.
I'd like to see the armour not be from the get-go. Maybe using the reach system but this time lowering the requirement to inheritor since like you said i don't see people playing as much as they used to anymore either. (even though I know, I will play every day)
So I basically have to start from scratch all over, again? A'ight.
So we basically have to start from scratch now? Damn... I'm a bit disappointed.
ronnie42 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
I'd like to see the armour not be from the get-go. Maybe using the reach system but this time lowering the requirement to inheritor since like you said i don't see people playing as much as they used to anymore either. (even though I know, I will play every day)
MCC will have a new progression system, it won't be using Reach's original ranks. That's because the MCC uses the same progression system for every game in it, so it needs a system that works for all of them. There's more info in the dev blog I pasted below, but I'm pretty sure it'll be faster than the original Reach's version.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-june-2019
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2