Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Reach and H1-4 Data Transfer from first Xbox & 360

OP BryanUNSC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
ronnie42 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
No, nothing from the 360 will transfer over. MCC is classed as a separate game so all stats and everything else start fresh. Can't talk specifics about things like flaming helmets as I don't know what the plans are for stuff like that just yet
Shame, getting to Inheritor is exhausting. I suspect there won't be ranks anymore, just unlockables since doubt people will be solely playing as much as they did when the original Reach came out. It be nice if they at least checked our service record to auto-unlock Inheritor armour for those that did achieve it since it be depressing if they just made it easy and gave it to everyone.
I'd like to see the armour not be from the get-go. Maybe using the reach system but this time lowering the requirement to inheritor since like you said i don't see people playing as much as they used to anymore either. (even though I know, I will play every day)
I'm sort of conflicted with that...part of me wants to get it easy because I feel like I earned it but at the same time I kind of want people to suffer as much as I did when I had to reach Inheritor due to how long it was since making it easier for others kind of feels like it's devaluing it's original worth.
So I basically have to start from scratch all over, again? A'ight.
So we basically have to start from scratch now? Damn... I'm a bit disappointed.
ronnie42 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
No, nothing from the 360 will transfer over. MCC is classed as a separate game so all stats and everything else start fresh. Can't talk specifics about things like flaming helmets as I don't know what the plans are for stuff like that just yet
Shame, getting to Inheritor is exhausting. I suspect there won't be ranks anymore, just unlockables since doubt people will be solely playing as much as they did when the original Reach came out. It be nice if they at least checked our service record to auto-unlock Inheritor armour for those that did achieve it since it be depressing if they just made it easy and gave it to everyone.
I'd like to see the armour not be from the get-go. Maybe using the reach system but this time lowering the requirement to inheritor since like you said i don't see people playing as much as they used to anymore either. (even though I know, I will play every day)
MCC will have a new progression system, it won't be using Reach's original ranks. That's because the MCC uses the same progression system for every game in it, so it needs a system that works for all of them. There's more info in the dev blog I pasted below, but I'm pretty sure it'll be faster than the original Reach's version.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-june-2019
Thanks for the drop. I'll be sure to read through this. Thanks friend.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2