1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 16
WillyMcFly wrote:
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
Sorry to break the news to you bud, but the Xbox Scarlett isn’t going to be running at 8k 240FPS, That’s even impossible for PC users with dual RTX 2080Tis.
The Xbox one X can’t even run native 4K,
8K 240 FPS is at least 6 years away for PC users and 12-15 years away from console users. I mean you prob could run Doom 1992 at 8k 240 FPS on a RTX 2080,
I signed in just to say this,

Sorry to break the news to you bud, but 8k@240hz is NOT the same is 8k@240FPS. 240hz Just means that the games will support the use of a 240hz monitor. You would probably say well it makes no sense to use a 240 hz monitor with a game that will never reach that fps, and while that is true, that doesn't mean a 240hz monitor wouldn't still have benefits and I don't doubt that some games would get higher than average fps because they're not AAA Blockbusters.

Sorry to bust ur balls but I thought it was funny :).
You have no idea what you're talking about. It's very obvious the OP just wrote a simple typo and meant to say FPS as any device given the correct port can output a high hz rate. If you had any idea of how the technology behind Hertz actually worked, you'd know that higher hz doesn't have any strain on the GPU. (It's too bad you didn't choose to argue that point instead, you're sassy argument would've had some merit). Either way, it wouldn't matter because there isn't monitor/console bundles.

Moreover, your idea of consoles going beyond 60FPS is ridiculous because consoles limit the amount frames they can accurately display because it gives a consistent experience and it can simultaneously avoid screen tearing, as most modern day screens output 60hz. Going beyond 60hz is also ridiculous for a marketing perspective because high Hertz rates have yet to go mainstream outside of hardcore gamer culture.

Also, "Project Scarlett" will not support native 8K (or even interlaced). It's technologically impossible. Nothing is more annoying then someone who gets high and mighty over a topic that they clearly haven't researched, so please think before posting :).
WillyMcFly wrote:
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
Sorry to break the news to you bud, but the Xbox Scarlett isn’t going to be running at 8k 240FPS, That’s even impossible for PC users with dual RTX 2080Tis.
The Xbox one X can’t even run native 4K,
8K 240 FPS is at least 6 years away for PC users and 12-15 years away from console users. I mean you prob could run Doom 1992 at 8k 240 FPS on a RTX 2080,
I know and I've said that in a previous response it'll be 8K@60hz
I think the "its ready when its ready" is actually a huge slap in the face to fans, a rough date is absolutely the bare minimum we ask, checking back day after day to see no updates is just disheartening, I know my comment will be flagged for non constructive criticism but i think it is constructive, it creates a dialogue, an expected date creates hype instead of " oh its ready when its ready" you know what else is ready when its ready? everything created in the history of mankind, the absurdity that you expect your fan base to just hang off of your words after you've already had to push back the closed beta (Originally scheduled for may again with little to no update, may came and went went, only to be updated at the end of the month to say it wont arrive in may but will come in June, still no dates mentioned for june, you sold your story before updating your fan base nope.

Are you guys actually happy waiting for a product you fully intend to buy but to only be teased with "Ready when its ready" personally i find that very lazy and insulting to the long term fans of the franchise, if a game has to be delayed then its delayed like thats fine but at least have an end goal to work towards instead of having that mentality of "these guys will buy this no matter what it doesn't matter when its releasing "

You can give a rough release date for halo infinite (feb 2020) and not release details of a game that is being remade which is supposed to release this year. so lets say I buy this halo MCC this year probably releasing in October that gives the average consumer about 4 months to play halo MCC before pushing out another £50 for a brand new halo.

now can you see my issue with no release dates?
For the love of god, stop with the damn delays and give us an expected release date even if it's in October.
please gives some dates i'm sick and tired of wanting a date.
Everyone wants to hear a release date; I'm sure even the devs want to be able to say 'Hey guys, it'll be out on X. Roll on the hype train!', but that is information nobody has. Not us, nor 343, nor the dev teams.
It is a colossal undertaking to port 6 beloved games, all of which are very old by this point, without creating a novel's worth of bugs and without aggravating players old and new. The last release of MCC did not go well, and that's a series of mistakes that nobody wants to make once, let alone twice.
At the end of the day arbitrary release dates do more harm than good; devs get stressed, work gets rushed, corners get cut, problems go unaddressed, an unfinished product is forced out the door, and the people buying it get short-changed.
All of that culminates in a lacklustre product, angry customers, and a tarnished reputation.
Believe me, I haven't been this excited for games in a long time (I've spent more time on this site post-announcement than any normal person should), but if we want something great it is worth waiting for.
Well said . I completely agree .
fastDYING wrote:
You can give a rough release date for halo infinite (feb 2020) and not release details of a game that is being remade which is supposed to release this year.
I'm not sure where you got February from, but Infinite is releasing Holiday 2020, that's the end of the year.
fastDYING wrote:
the absurdity that you expect your fan base to just hang off of your words after you've already had to push back the closed beta (Originally scheduled for may again with little to no update, may came and went went, only to be updated at the end of the month to say it wont arrive in may but will come in June, still no dates mentioned for june, you sold your story before updating your fan base nope.
The initial updates about the first flight were very clear that things may not work out as planned, there was always the chance it would be delayed. Updates on that were regular across Waypoint, Twitter, Reddit and Discord.
fastDYING wrote:
Are you guys actually happy waiting for a product you fully intend to buy but to only be teased with "Ready when its ready" personally i find that very lazy and insulting to the long term fans of the franchise, if a game has to be delayed then its delayed like thats fine but at least have an end goal to work towards instead of having that mentality of "these guys will buy this no matter what it doesn't matter when its releasing "
Nobody is being teased with this, this the stance 343 took going into this project. It started off as a project taken on by a very small group of staff working to get things fixed and released as they could.

The end goal here is quality. People don't want a repeat of the initial launch and that's exactly what 343 are trying to do with the staff they have working on this, take their time and ensure things are done right. Nothing is being delayed, it is just taking as long as it needs to in order to be done right
stckrboy wrote:
fastDYING wrote:
You can give a rough release date for halo infinite (feb 2020) and not release details of a game that is being remade which is supposed to release this year.
I'm not sure where you got February from, but Infinite is releasing Holiday 2020, that's the end of the year.
fastDYING wrote:
the absurdity that you expect your fan base to just hang off of your words after you've already had to push back the closed beta (Originally scheduled for may again with little to no update, may came and went went, only to be updated at the end of the month to say it wont arrive in may but will come in June, still no dates mentioned for june, you sold your story before updating your fan base nope.
The initial updates about the first flight were very clear that things may not work out as planned, there was always the chance it would be delayed. Updates on that were regular across Waypoint, Twitter, Reddit and Discord.
fastDYING wrote:
Are you guys actually happy waiting for a product you fully intend to buy but to only be teased with "Ready when its ready" personally i find that very lazy and insulting to the long term fans of the franchise, if a game has to be delayed then its delayed like thats fine but at least have an end goal to work towards instead of having that mentality of "these guys will buy this no matter what it doesn't matter when its releasing "
Nobody is being teased with this, this the stance 343 took going into this project. It started off as a project taken on by a very small group of staff working to get things fixed and released as they could.

The end goal here is quality. People don't want a repeat of the initial launch and that's exactly what 343 are trying to do with the staff they have working on this, take their time and ensure things are done right. Nothing is being delayed, it is just taking as long as it needs to in order to be done right
Right on, everything you said I totally agree with. I really suspect the game might release in September as that is when all halos are usually released, Halo reach initially launched in September but if it has to be delayed until December or even further I would not mind as what you said quality is what I am hoping for. I want to pay for a product that is bug free as possible. They stated it will be released when it is ready I say we send them more pizza :)
Wyatt4K wrote:
I am a little confused. Can someone clarify this for me? So basically this is coming out on PC, but I am aware it is on Xbox one, as I play it presently. If halo mcc on the PC and Xbox are cross progression and I already have a lot of stuff unlocked on the Xbox will it just update to my account on the PC, or will everything reset back to what it was from the beginning? I'm guessing ranks will reset too? I'm not sure how that will work. So if you are not going to play on the PC, players on Xbox will be upset if everything reverts back to default. Can someone clarify how this will be cross progression for players that have already progressed on the console? I am fine restarting everything, but I have friends who won't play it on the PC.
it starts you back at the beginning rank and everything
It only restarts you because they are redoing the MP progression system, not because you’re moving from xbox to pc. You will still have all of your achievements you earned on Xbox as well as your campaign competition stats and multiplayer stats.
The last most date for the Halo Outpost showing of Reach PC is August 30th I think. That is the last day of Halo Outpost events, that I can find, where people can come to play Halo PC. I imagine if they plan on demoing the game to people all the way until the end of August, then the game might not come out during this time while Halo Outpost is still showing the game. So the game is probably not coming out next month, and likely not September either because there is still much flighting left. Maybe in October? I feel like that is the earliest possible time.
Tbh, it's better they take their time anyways, I'd rather have that than an unfinished game.
fastDYING wrote:
I think the "its ready when its ready" is actually a huge slap in the face to fans, a rough date is absolutely the bare minimum we ask, checking back day after day to see no updates is just disheartening, I know my comment will be flagged for non constructive criticism but i think it is constructive, it creates a dialogue, an expected date creates hype instead of " oh its ready when its ready" you know what else is ready when its ready? everything created in the history of mankind, the absurdity that you expect your fan base to just hang off of your words after you've already had to push back the closed beta (Originally scheduled for may again with little to no update, may came and went went, only to be updated at the end of the month to say it wont arrive in may but will come in June, still no dates mentioned for june, you sold your story before updating your fan base nope.

Are you guys actually happy waiting for a product you fully intend to buy but to only be teased with "Ready when its ready" personally i find that very lazy and insulting to the long term fans of the franchise, if a game has to be delayed then its delayed like thats fine but at least have an end goal to work towards instead of having that mentality of "these guys will buy this no matter what it doesn't matter when its releasing "

You can give a rough release date for halo infinite (feb 2020) and not release details of a game that is being remade which is supposed to release this year. so lets say I buy this halo MCC this year probably releasing in October that gives the average consumer about 4 months to play halo MCC before pushing out another £50 for a brand new halo.

now can you see my issue with no release dates?
I'm so glad others feel this way. They've been hinting since April the game is nearly playable and even still after E3. "It's ready when it's ready" losing faith in 343 again.
think we need to remember that not only are they porting halo to pc, but the first game there doing is halo reach remaster which isn't even out on xbox yet, so its not just a port job for reach, its a remaster on xbox and pc all in one go. Once halo reach is out im sure the other halo games wont take near as long to release as they already have a remaster. Then it really is a straight up port.

plus lets be honest here, most games that come out on pc now days are a buggy mess, so id much rather 343i take there time to get it as bug free as they can at launch.
stckrboy wrote:
fastDYING wrote:
Are you guys actually happy waiting for a product you fully intend to buy but to only be teased with "Ready when its ready" personally i find that very lazy and insulting to the long term fans of the franchise, if a game has to be delayed then its delayed like thats fine but at least have an end goal to work towards instead of having that mentality of "these guys will buy this no matter what it doesn't matter when its releasing "
Nobody is being teased with this, this the stance 343 took going into this project. It started off as a project taken on by a very small group of staff working to get things fixed and released as they could.

The end goal here is quality. People don't want a repeat of the initial launch and that's exactly what 343 are trying to do with the staff they have working on this, take their time and ensure things are done right. Nothing is being delayed, it is just taking as long as it needs to in order to be done right
No I'm in complete agreement with fastDYING on this one, We are more than aware that the game will "be ready when it's read" but we don't want to be coming back day after day (if it's released in september) 62 DAYS! constantly coming back wondering "is it ready yet?" Giving us a date by saying "It should be ready in September" Is fine, because then we can come back in september "will it be ready mid? or late? ... Late? okay we'll come back on the 20th... Is it ready now? no? okay 26th... How about now? still not ready? you have to delay it? okay that's fine when you do think it'll be ready? December? That's cool, we'll come back then..." We understand if it has to be delayed We can wait, but when you delay the game and say "it's ready when it's ready" WITHOUT giving a date, THAT'S when there is problems. Because we at least want confirmation that something is happening. There is little to no news and updates about this and that's the problem. We're kept in the dark left with nothing until what? it finally releases in December? Come on. If this truely is a projet done for the fans, don't keep us in the dark. Talk to us like you promised (and i don't just mean at discovery outpost) because some of us aren't able to go... I'm not booking a £600 return flight to america following a £300 hotel cost following the entrence fee for Outpost, just to find out how the game is doing and when it's releasing... That's just absurd
stckrboy wrote:
fastDYING wrote:
Are you guys actually happy waiting for a product you fully intend to buy but to only be teased with "Ready when its ready" personally i find that very lazy and insulting to the long term fans of the franchise, if a game has to be delayed then its delayed like thats fine but at least have an end goal to work towards instead of having that mentality of "these guys will buy this no matter what it doesn't matter when its releasing "
Nobody is being teased with this, this the stance 343 took going into this project. It started off as a project taken on by a very small group of staff working to get things fixed and released as they could.

The end goal here is quality. People don't want a repeat of the initial launch and that's exactly what 343 are trying to do with the staff they have working on this, take their time and ensure things are done right. Nothing is being delayed, it is just taking as long as it needs to in order to be done right
No I'm in complete agreement with fastDYING on this one, We are more than aware that the game will "be ready when it's read" but we don't want to be coming back day after day (if it's released in september) 62 DAYS! constantly coming back wondering "is it ready yet?" Giving us a date by saying "It should be ready in September" Is fine, because then we can come back in september "will it be ready mid? or late? ... Late? okay we'll come back on the 20th... Is it ready now? no? okay 26th... How about now? still not ready? you have to delay it? okay that's fine when you do think it'll be ready? December? That's cool, we'll come back then..." We understand if it has to be delayed We can wait, but when you delay the game and say "it's ready when it's ready" WITHOUT giving a date, THAT'S when there is problems. Because we at least want confirmation that something is happening. There is little to no news and updates about this and that's the problem. We're kept in the dark left with nothing until what? it finally releases in December? Come on. If this truely is a projet done for the fans, don't keep us in the dark. Talk to us like you promised (and i don't just mean at discovery outpost) because some of us aren't able to go... I'm not booking a £600 return flight to america following a £300 hotel cost following the entrence fee for Outpost, just to find out how the game is doing and when it's releasing... That's just absurd
I think a bunch of the hype is dying because of this now. I'm just kinda mad because of what they are doing this "it's done when it's done", we would all understand and be disappointed if they just kept pushing the date back, instead every single day everyone is getting disappointed because of no news, I just want any dates what so ever I don't even care if they don't abide by them, We. Just. Want. ANYTHING:NEWS, DATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, BREAKTHROUGHS, JUST SOMETHING. They need to stop disappointing their fanbase everyday
I like the way that Blizzard gave a release date for Overwatch. I believe it was something along the lines of, "Some time before March 15th." This way if the game is "done when it's done" early they can release it early, but players still have a date to look forward to(even if it ends up getting delayed). Even if 343 can only give us something like, "Some time before December 2021" it would at least be nice to know there is some sort of finish line to this marathon, instead of the way it is now where we get to the top of every hill, don't see a finish line, and are told "the race will be over when it's over"
If updates haven't been posted in a while then it's likely because there is nothing of substance that could be put out. Saying that, the July blog is due at either the end of this week or the sometime next week, which will include new information. Putting dates on things is restrictive. They've done it in the past, had to miss targets they set themselves and all that ended up happening was more people being mad because "you said it would be ready and it's not!".

You don't have to be checking back every day for news either. Anything important regarding the next flights will be tweeted out but either the official Halo twitter / ske7ch's twitter / Postums twitter, put on Discord channels (Official Halo and Postums servers) and/ or posted in the Waypoint news section or Insiders forums. The more important news - whether or not you have been selected for a flighty - will be sent via email to the address you signed up for.
WillyMcFly wrote:
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
Sorry to break the news to you bud, but the Xbox Scarlett isn’t going to be running at 8k 240FPS, That’s even impossible for PC users with dual RTX 2080Tis.
The Xbox one X can’t even run native 4K,
8K 240 FPS is at least 6 years away for PC users and 12-15 years away from console users. I mean you prob could run Doom 1992 at 8k 240 FPS on a RTX 2080,
I signed in just to say this,

Sorry to break the news to you bud, but 8k@240hz is NOT the same is 8k@240FPS. 240hz Just means that the games will support the use of a 240hz monitor. You would probably say well it makes no sense to use a 240 hz monitor with a game that will never reach that fps, and while that is true, that doesn't mean a 240hz monitor wouldn't still have benefits and I don't doubt that some games would get higher than average fps because they're not AAA Blockbusters.

Sorry to bust ur balls but I thought it was funny :).
You have no idea what you're talking about. It's very obvious the OP just wrote a simple typo and meant to say FPS as any device given the correct port can output a high hz rate. If you had any idea of how the technology behind Hertz actually worked, you'd know that higher hz doesn't have any strain on the GPU. (It's too bad you didn't choose to argue that point instead, you're sassy argument would've had some merit). Either way, it wouldn't matter because there isn't monitor/console bundles.

Moreover, your idea of consoles going beyond 60FPS is ridiculous because consoles limit the amount frames they can accurately display because it gives a consistent experience and it can simultaneously avoid screen tearing, as most modern day screens output 60hz. Going beyond 60hz is also ridiculous for a marketing perspective because high Hertz rates have yet to go mainstream outside of hardcore gamer culture.

Also, "Project Scarlett" will not support native 8K (or even interlaced). It's technologically impossible. Nothing is more annoying then someone who gets high and mighty over a topic that they clearly haven't researched, so please think before posting :).
Seems to me that you're butthurt. Also I never said that hertz was linked to gpu usage/strain. I wouldn't say that because it's clearly not true. Just because I say a game has to support up to 240hz doesn't mean it strains the gpu. Not all games can use 144hz. Plus your argument is riddled with poor grammar and typos which reinforces the idea that you are just a babbling 12 year old. Relax. Don't condescend to people on the internet. Be nice, and you will be treated as you treat others.

EDIT (Also the person I quoted joking about with their hz argument has since edited their comment removing the hz business.)
Disappointed by the lack of expected release dates... I fully support the "It's ready when it's ready" concept, but damn.
Roane112 wrote:
Disappointed by the lack of expected release dates... I fully support the "It's ready when it's ready" concept, but damn.
Agreed. I really want the game to be perfect when it's ready, and take your time and all, but Monitors have been saying development started early last year? You're telling me that after all of this time, you guys still don't know when it might be completed? That is horribly alarming. Any project should be planned out, from beginning to end, realistically. Even if you guys had said "Hey' it will be released April of 2020", that would have been ok for most, since we would know that you guys have scheduled things out, planned for potential setbacks, and given yourself enough time to work around them, with the potential for earlier release dates. Not doing any date, though, and saying "hey, it'll come out someday" for literally months and months after it's announcement, is something that everyone in this industry despises. Yet here we are....
As much as you want to, you can't have it both ways. If you want 343 to take their time and do things right, you can't restrict their ability to do that by having them declare arbitrary release dates. As I've mentioned a few times, 343 have put forward dates in the past as a "Hey here is a date we think we might target" but as soon as that date passes or if they say "This one's going to slip, will drop later" people get upset / mad because it's not released. So when they remove dates from the equation and push forward, only releasing when things are ready and people still get mad. They can't win
stckrboy wrote:
As much as you want to, you can't have it both ways. If you want 343 to take their time and do things right, you can't restrict their ability to do that by having them declare arbitrary release dates. As I've mentioned a few times, 343 have put forward dates in the past as a "Hey here is a date we think we might target" but as soon as that date passes or if they say "This one's going to slip, will drop later" people get upset / mad because it's not released. So when they remove dates from the equation and push forward, only releasing when things are ready and people still get mad. They can't win
Exactly; damned if they do, damned if they don't. Dropping an exact release date to the public is only a smart move if it will be met with 100% certainty, and the unfortunate reality is that that just isn't possible right now.
As it stands I see 3 main options:
  1. Keep dates vague, but release the game in the most finished/polished state. Some will be annoyed by the wait, but most will be happy with the eventual outcome.
  2. Establish dates but let them slip if the situation changes. People will be excited, then disappointed and angry because the devs 'got their hopes up for nothing'.
  3. Establish dates and stick to them no matter what. Devs cut corners to meet strict deadlines, and problems that arise during development are left to fester. Excitement peaks upon release, and is immediately dashed as people realise they've bought an unfinished, buggy mess of a game.
It's crucial that the job is done correctly the first time around; an atrocious launch will alienate a huge number of fans, and lose the trust of those that remain.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 16