3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 19
stckrboy wrote:
As much as you want to, you can't have it both ways. If you want 343 to take their time and do things right, you can't restrict their ability to do that by having them declare arbitrary release dates. As I've mentioned a few times, 343 have put forward dates in the past as a "Hey here is a date we think we might target" but as soon as that date passes or if they say "This one's going to slip, will drop later" people get upset / mad because it's not released. So when they remove dates from the equation and push forward, only releasing when things are ready and people still get mad. They can't win
Then they should keep the fan base engaged in the process frequently rather than randomly throw things out or else the fan base get impatience with nothing to do other than get frustrated by people screeching "it's done when it's done" if the express their frustration over something that may have been, is, or will be a big part of their life outside of society. The fan base needs at the very least videos and engage from a team week (probably even more frequently) by a team members on the topic of this collection that was a big part of my and many other people's lives. Do you understand some of our frustration due to the "it's done when it's done" and how it is being implemented at the moment?
...The fan base needs at the very least videos and engage from a team week (probably even more frequently) ...
Honestly I would rather see the teams involved focus on getting things polished and ready, rather than spending time making videos.
Swade wrote:
Flighting will begin this month. I think after this they should drop a date on the official release.
How many times has flighting supposed to have been started? 3, 4 times now?
munchie626 wrote:
Swade wrote:
Flighting will begin this month. I think after this they should drop a date on the official release.
I believe the first flight already went out. It was small group focused on testing the distribution pipelines.
It's all well and good that things take time to perfect. I think the biggest problem is that they've been talking about being able to play since April. April! They created the hype, made it seem like it was right around the corner (beta testing) and all we've gotten since are bread crumbs. And the crumbs are for p.c players. They've said almost nothing about any Xbox dates. I don't check back everyday, maybe twice a month, but it sure would be nice to know anything. I didn't ask to be hyped about this, 343 did that when they said we would be playing Halo Reach in the Spring!
stckrboy wrote:
...The fan base needs at the very least videos and engage from a team week (probably even more frequently) ...
Honestly I would rather see the teams involved focus on getting things polished and ready, rather than spending time making videos.
It called having a public relations team, not the team itself, this a simple business process and system.
Halo Reach will release this September. That's my guess. If not, I'll then guess it will release after Halo Infinite.
I would have liked to know when we are getting MCC on PC by now.
It'll be ready when its ready im afraid! Really annoying the old waiting game! :(
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
You have been indoctrinated by marketing buzzwords. Scarlett will hopefully run 1080p at 60fps, if they don't mess it up. 8k at 240hz is literally impossible at this point in time, even for PC users.
There are games that run 4k/60 frames on the Xbox One X. I'm sure, through the mid life of the next gen, that they'll be able to get 4k/120 frames, comfortably. But, yes, 8K at 240 frames for a AAA title is a decade away for top tier PCs.
i highly doubt they will get 4k 120 fps any time soon, at max settings on a well optimised game, for a 2080ti it is managable, just, but they are not going to put a gpu of that caliber into a console, no way, cooling, power consumption and cost are way too much for a console to handle.
<p></p>
WillyMcFly wrote:
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
Sorry to break the news to you bud, but the Xbox Scarlett isn’t going to be running at 8k 240FPS, That’s even impossible for PC users with dual RTX 2080Tis.
The Xbox one X can’t even run native 4K,
8K 240 FPS is at least 6 years away for PC users and 12-15 years away from console users. I mean you prob could run Doom 1992 at 8k 240 FPS on a RTX 2080,
I know and I've said that in a previous response it'll be 8K@60hz
Yeah, no. I'll put $20 down right now on the new consoles reliably being able to hit 4K60, occasionally straying below that to 4K30 for certain games, and "supporting" 8K as basically nothing more than a glorified technicality unless 8K television sets start flying off shelves.

Scarlett will "support" 8K sets, in that it'll be able to output an 8K signal. I don't expect this to actually be used much beyond a few games (or "experiences"), and I definitely don't expect it to do so at 60fps, when it would be pushing four times the pixels of 4K resolution.

8K televisions are still years away from being affordable, and even more years away from being in homes in quantities large enough that they are worth developing for.

stckrboy wrote:
It called having a public relations team, not the team itself, this a simple business process and system.
First testing flight was less than a month ago, and they only announced MCC PC's existence about three months ago. People need to calm down, and stop acting as though it's been radio silence for six months or something.
I don't know but man am I eager as hell for a release announcement, or multiplayer flights. Summer is honestly the best time to release reach, since the fall will be filled to the brim with AAA releases.
osbriver97 wrote:
I don't know but man am I eager as hell for a release announcement, or multiplayer flights. Summer is honestly the best time to release reach, since the fall will be filled to the brim with AAA releases.
I think at this point mid to late September is our best bet sadly.
osbriver97 wrote:
I think at this point mid to late September is our best bet sadly.
I'm not sure Microsoft would won't to compete with itself considering Gears 5 releases in September. I guess since Gears and Halo are two different styles of shooter maybe they don't really see it as a concern. Idk
if they leave it too long they will not have any players for the new halo game, they should of aimed for a June release giving us around a year to play multiplayer before moving to halo infinate, if they leave it too long either halo reach on mcc will have few players or halo infinate will have few players
SRIx Simon wrote:
if they leave it too long they will not have any players for the new halo game, they should of aimed for a June release giving us around a year to play multiplayer before moving to halo infinate, if they leave it too long either halo reach on mcc will have few players or halo infinate will have few players
Considering we aren't on flight #2 yet, aiming for a June release would be ridiculously optimistic, and not even close to attainable without creating a barebones experience. Given the staggered release of the MCC, stepping on Infinite's toes is a risk they run regardless of when Reach gets a date. Xbox could be a different story - they already have the other titles, so it might be a competition between two newer games rather than 7. At the end of the day the PC and Xbox markets are not small, so I'd expect both games to have a large playerbase even years post-release, assuming they're well-received.
SRIx Simon wrote:
Considering we aren't on flight #2 yet, aiming for a June release would be ridiculously optimistic, and not even close to attainable without creating a barebones experience. Given the staggered release of the MCC, stepping on Infinite's toes is a risk they run regardless of when Reach gets a date. Xbox could be a different story - they already have the other titles, so it might be a competition between two newer games rather than 7. At the end of the day the PC and Xbox markets are not small, so I'd expect both games to have a large playerbase even years post-release, assuming they're well-received.
Realistically there won't be a release of Reach PC until november, if not january next year. So there won't even be one year of Reach online until Infinte.
munchie626 wrote:
Swade wrote:
I believe the first flight already went out. It was small group focused on testing the distribution pipelines.
I surely hope so. I'm by no means salty or butthurt about it. It is more of a display of my eagerness to play lol. If it takes this long then so be it, I just hate being teased
munchie626 wrote:
munchie626 wrote:
Swade wrote:
I surely hope so. I'm by no means salty or butthurt about it. It is more of a display of my eagerness to play lol. If it takes this long then so be it, I just hate being teased
The first one happened, check out the youtube channels Vengeful Vadam or Late night gaming to see gameplay
Don't get Me wrong, I'm happy about reach being in the MCC, but Didn't they say they'd be more transparent than this?
Ngl, I do think from what I've heard that 343 has learned a lot from their mistakes from 5 and MCC's initial launch. I think between this and Infinite, as well as recent drama around the gaming industry as a whole about crunch, I think that them taking their time is actually a really good thing. That said, I ALSO hope we'll get at least a beta by/on the 30 of August, given said date's importance in Reach itself.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 19