1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
Fleerew wrote:
I don't know it it was just me. But when they did the offer for the $1 game pass for PC. I read it as the beta was available now if you become a member. I guess I was wrong. I signed up for it with no halo reach in sight. Even though they had Master Chief in the advertisement. If it does not come out within the month, I will let the subscription die out.
I was watching E3 and I thought the same thing. They showcased MCC and the PC game pass in the same moment, I thought they were doing a surprise release.
its false advertizement... even on there xbox game pass pc site here " https://www.xbox.com/nl-NL/xbox-game-pass/pc-games?OCID=xgponsfagameshome "they also show an image with halo mcc ...........
I'm thinking it's pretty clear that the timeline for Reach in MCC has fallen into question, unfortunately. With when 343i announced that Reach was coming in, it seemed like they were slanting to release it around this time (probably to boost hype for Xbox Game Pass on PC and bolster the Halo presence at E3 with a "Coming next week" type of announcement.

It's completely fine that they haven't come out with it; unquestionably, it beats the alternative of releasing something half baked when MCC already has the cinder block of its own horrible launch eternally tied to its ankles. I just can't see why they would've announced when they did if they weren't planning on delivering in this window. If they had known the game wouldn't be ready by now, I'd have held it and made the MCC PC and Steam announcements on the E3 stage to throw the hype up another whole notch.
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
You have been indoctrinated by marketing buzzwords. Scarlett will hopefully run 1080p at 60fps, if they don't mess it up. 8k at 240hz is literally impossible at this point in time, even for PC users.
There are games that run 4k/60 frames on the Xbox One X. I'm sure, through the mid life of the next gen, that they'll be able to get 4k/120 frames, comfortably. But, yes, 8K at 240 frames for a AAA title is a decade away for top tier PCs.
It was announced at E3 that project Scarlett with a release in the fall of 2020 would run 8K@120hz the reality of it is that nothing runs full 8K or 4K it's all just checkerboarding but it's actually quite nice either way. I did not mean to say 8K@240hz that'll be another time meaning they're most likely to commit to the decision they used with the One X 4K=60fps 1440p and lower=120hz and so it'll be 8K=120hz 4K and lower resolutions=240hz. There will be three variations of project Scarlett on release instead of it being each year like how the Xbox One was it went Xbox One Xbox One S Xbox One X but now in 2020 they will all be released in 2020 on the exact release date as stated by a Microsoft employer that's even how most of my friends know because they've heard from that same person as well. You have a cheaper version of Scarlett, Scarlett, and Scarlett Anaconda which is the premium pricy amazing high end performance console. Also stated at E3 is that project Scarlett will be 4 times more powerful than the One X much faster if not instant load times ray tracing and 8K as they showed off the circuits and a tiny bit of the hardware inside of project Scarlett and yes it will undeniably be more powerful that's like saying the OG Xbox is more powerful than the 360 or the 360 more powerful than the Xbox One I've had just about every Xbox there is out there and each time there is a HUGE difference.
Iits false advertizement... even on there xbox game pass pc site here " https://www.xbox.com/nl-NL/xbox-game-pass/pc-games?OCID=xgponsfagameshome "they also show an image with halo mcc ...........
It's not false advertisement. MCC was announced to be coming to Game Pass as soon as it launches. Flighting hasn't begun yet and the game won't be released to retail until that has started. There's never been a release date set for Reach other than "when it's ready"
stckrboy wrote:
There's never been a release date set for Reach other than "when it's ready"
Reach may not be ready yet, however ... https://i.imgur.com/ZaPA4fr.jpg
I'm thinking it's pretty clear that the timeline for Reach in MCC has fallen into question, unfortunately. With when 343i announced that Reach was coming in, it seemed like they were slanting to release it around this time (probably to boost hype for Xbox Game Pass on PC and bolster the Halo presence at E3 with a "Coming next week" type of announcement.

It's completely fine that they haven't come out with it; unquestionably, it beats the alternative of releasing something half baked when MCC already has the cinder block of its own horrible launch eternally tied to its ankles. I just can't see why they would've announced when they did if they weren't planning on delivering in this window. If they had known the game wouldn't be ready by now, I'd have held it and made the MCC PC and Steam announcements on the E3 stage to throw the hype up another whole notch.
They were initially planning on flight testing Halo: Reach on both platforms all the way back in April. Given that detail, it is unsurprising that they announced it before E3. It surely would have been an amazing E3 reveal, but they did not and do not know exactly how long it will take to get this project ready for both platforms. The situation changes in real time. They have been one hundred percent transparent about this through the whole process so far.
@dude527 I agree that they've been transparent, and I commend them for that. I just don't personally believe they'd have announced it all the way back then if they doubted they could release it by now. I think they were too optimistic about how quickly they could get the game out and jumped the gun announcing it. Given the fact that they did that they're handling things spectacularly, but the reason not to announce things too early in the gaming industry as demonstrated over many years and by many developers is the increasingly petulant fanbases and diminishing odds that the product can live up to speculative hype running wild over an unspeculated wait time.

I'm only commenting to voice my opinion that they should try to be a bit less eager to announce in the future for those reasons. But again, I'm with you a hundred percent on their being transparent and communicative with us as fans and I do highly appreciate that.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hey guys I'm new to this. I have a 2nd generation ryzen 5 nitro 5 laptop with 8 gigs of RAM and a raedon 560x graphics card. It's a discrete card with 8 gigs of RAM total. Would this be enough to run the MCC collection at 1080p with no problems?
@AdjustedYew670- I'm not a PC gamer personally but I've sold components in the past at retail and that doesn't sound like a bad setup for playing these games. The R5 processor is definitely good enough and gaming 1080p on most games is something you won't need more than 8gb ram for. My gap in understanding is the graphics component, but I believe that card will handle what it needs to for MCC.

The big question as I understand it is going to be how well (or poorly, God forbid) the game is optimized for PC. There are some ported games that should run on a potato, but the conversion process from console isn't done correctly and they're horrible at using your system resources efficiently. So it's a wait and see for now on that- but the fact they're holding the game back instead of rushing it out tells me they're probably doing due diligence on the polish of the game.

Couldn't agree more. I just wish they could make a competent game in a reasonable time.
@AdjustedYew670- I'm not a PC gamer personally but I've sold components in the past at retail and that doesn't sound like a bad setup for playing these games. The R5 processor is definitely good enough and gaming 1080p on most games is something you won't need more than 8gb ram for. My gap in understanding is the graphics component, but I believe that card will handle what it needs to for MCC.

The big question as I understand it is going to be how well (or poorly, God forbid) the game is optimized for PC. There are some ported games that should run on a potato, but the conversion process from console isn't done correctly and they're horrible at using your system resources efficiently. So it's a wait and see for now on that- but the fact they're holding the game back instead of rushing it out tells me they're probably doing due diligence on the polish of the game.
Hey I appreciate that. My video card has 8 gigabytes of RAM total. So I should be okay. also do you think I should get an Xbox? Or do you think I should just wait for the MCC collection for the PC to come out? I mean I have it for the Xbox as well.
Can't wait
Can't wait
Neither can I. It will look good on my computer
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
You have been indoctrinated by marketing buzzwords. Scarlett will hopefully run 1080p at 60fps, if they don't mess it up. 8k at 240hz is literally impossible at this point in time, even for PC users.
There are games that run 4k/60 frames on the Xbox One X. I'm sure, through the mid life of the next gen, that they'll be able to get 4k/120 frames, comfortably. But, yes, 8K at 240 frames for a AAA title is a decade away for top tier PCs.
It was announced at E3 that project Scarlett with a release in the fall of 2020 would run 8K@120hz the reality of it is that nothing runs full 8K or 4K it's all just checkerboarding but it's actually quite nice either way. I did not mean to say 8K@240hz that'll be another time meaning they're most likely to commit to the decision they used with the One X 4K=60fps 1440p and lower=120hz and so it'll be 8K=120hz 4K and lower resolutions=240hz. There will be three variations of project Scarlett on release instead of it being each year like how the Xbox One was it went Xbox One Xbox One S Xbox One X but now in 2020 they will all be released in 2020 on the exact release date as stated by a Microsoft employer that's even how most of my friends know because they've heard from that same person as well. You have a cheaper version of Scarlett, Scarlett, and Scarlett Anaconda which is the premium pricy amazing high end performance console. Also stated at E3 is that project Scarlett will be 4 times more powerful than the One X much faster if not instant load times ray tracing and 8K as they showed off the circuits and a tiny bit of the hardware inside of project Scarlett and yes it will undeniably be more powerful that's like saying the OG Xbox is more powerful than the 360 or the 360 more powerful than the Xbox One I've had just about every Xbox there is out there and each time there is a HUGE difference.
youre delusional if you really believe consoles will run 8k 120fps. a 2080 Ti can barely pull 120 @ 4k, 120 @ 8K require 4x that power

Hey I appreciate that. My video card has 8 gigabytes of RAM total. So I should be okay. also do you think I should get an Xbox? Or do you think I should just wait for the MCC collection for the PC to come out? I mean I have it for the Xbox as well.
My stance is that you should play on whatever platform you enjoy the most. PC's tend to be higher maintenance but come with the benefit of higher performance as a result.

I prefer the casual ease of console gaming, but that's why I won't let myself get used to the performance gains available on PC hardware.

My stance is that you should play on whatever platform you enjoy the most. PC's tend to be higher maintenance but come with the benefit of higher performance as a result.

I prefer the casual ease of console gaming, but that's why I won't let myself get used to the performance gains available on PC hardware.
I can totally understand. I have a lot of money invested in the Xbox ecosystem. But I don't have an Xbox one x unfortunately and I really miss playing Halo LOL
youre delusional if you really believe consoles will run 8k 120fps. a 2080 Ti can barely pull 120 @ 4k, 120 @ 8K require 4x that power
Exactly! There's not a chance in hell that any console next year is running games in 4k @ 120fps, never mind 8k @ 120fps. A 2080TI struggles to hit a constant 60fps at 4K with some of this years most demanding games running in ultra settings (and ray tracing) so to think even next gen consoles can do it is ridiculous!
I expect to see a gorgeous looking game running at a constant 60fps and in 4K, if they can pull a few more frames than that then it's a bonus.
Never! lol jk but on a serious note it hasn't even began flighting or has a date announced. It's done when they feel like it's ready, my guess is in a few months
beasty54 wrote:
Exactly! There's not a chance in hell that any console next year is running games in 4k @ 120fps, never mind 8k @ 120fps. A 2080TI struggles to hit a constant 60fps at 4K with some of this years most demanding games running in ultra settings (and ray tracing) so to think even next gen consoles can do it is ridiculous!
I expect to see a gorgeous looking game running at a constant 60fps and in 4K, if they can pull a few more frames than that then it's a bonus.
The problem with 8k and any thing above 60-70fps is that your brain only process what your eyes seen in what is essentially 30fps segments and your eyes dont see in 4k or 8k, more like 1080. This is why 99% of people cant tell the difference between 4k and 8k, but most every one can tell the diference between 1080 and 4k because from 1080 to 4k is a pretty big leap. It's also why most companies aren't even trying to do 4k or 8k at 120fps constant because you would never notice the differences. Also yes Im simplifying a lot of this for the sake not wanting to write a 30 page coment on why 8k and going beyond 60-70fps is pointless, and a waste of processing power.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19