1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
beasty54 wrote:
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
You have been indoctrinated by marketing buzzwords. Scarlett will hopefully run 1080p at 60fps, if they don't mess it up. 8k at 240hz is literally impossible at this point in time, even for PC users.
There are games that run 4k/60 frames on the Xbox One X. I'm sure, through the mid life of the next gen, that they'll be able to get 4k/120 frames, comfortably. But, yes, 8K at 240 frames for a AAA title is a decade away for top tier PCs.
It was announced at E3 that project Scarlett with a release in the fall of 2020 would run 8K@120hz the reality of it is that nothing runs full 8K or 4K it's all just checkerboarding but it's actually quite nice either way. I did not mean to say 8K@240hz that'll be another time meaning they're most likely to commit to the decision they used with the One X 4K=60fps 1440p and lower=120hz and so it'll be 8K=120hz 4K and lower resolutions=240hz. There will be three variations of project Scarlett on release instead of it being each year like how the Xbox One was it went Xbox One Xbox One S Xbox One X but now in 2020 they will all be released in 2020 on the exact release date as stated by a Microsoft employer that's even how most of my friends know because they've heard from that same person as well. You have a cheaper version of Scarlett, Scarlett, and Scarlett Anaconda which is the premium pricy amazing high end performance console. Also stated at E3 is that project Scarlett will be 4 times more powerful than the One X much faster if not instant load times ray tracing and 8K as they showed off the circuits and a tiny bit of the hardware inside of project Scarlett and yes it will undeniably be more powerful that's like saying the OG Xbox is more powerful than the 360 or the 360 more powerful than the Xbox One I've had just about every Xbox there is out there and each time there is a HUGE difference.
youre delusional if you really believe consoles will run 8k 120fps. a 2080 Ti can barely pull 120 @ 4k, 120 @ 8K require 4x that power
Exactly! There's not a chance in hell that any console next year is running games in 4k @ 120fps, never mind 8k @ 120fps. A 2080TI struggles to hit a constant 60fps at 4K with some of this years most demanding games running in ultra settings (and ray tracing) so to think even next gen consoles can do it is ridiculous!
I expect to see a gorgeous looking game running at a constant 60fps and in 4K, if they can pull a few more frames than that then it's a bonus.
The problem with 8k and any thing above 60-70fps is that your brain only process what your eyes seen in what is essentially 30fps segments and your eyes dont see in 4k or 8k, more like 1080. This is why 99% of people cant tell the difference between 4k and 8k, but most every one can tell the diference between 1080 and 4k because from 1080 to 4k is a pretty big leap. It's also why most companies aren't even trying to do 4k or 8k at 120fps constant because you would never notice the differences. Also yes Im simplifying a lot of this for the sake not wanting to write a 30 page coment on why 8k and going beyond 60-70fps is pointless, and a waste of processing power.
I remember comparing my Xbox one s + 1X on a 4K LED smart TV I have two of them that are 100% identical I've played attack on Titan and I've noticed that when it comes to the sunlight reflecting on the ground that one x has the better detail.
Reach for PC has its own thread maybe you should post in there, this one is for Xbox.
CHRIS673 wrote:
VelixGV wrote:
When can console players expect a release?
Reach comes out on Xbox and PC on the same day.
Where did you find this info? I never see 343 commenting on the progression of Xbox MCC Reach, only the PC version. Initially I thought they said that they could be released at separate times since they have more work to do on the PC version. Hopefully they comment on the Xbox version soon.
Sorry for the late reply.

I don't remember exactly where, but one of the Halo devs stated that they will release both at the same time.
beasty54 wrote:
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
You have been indoctrinated by marketing buzzwords. Scarlett will hopefully run 1080p at 60fps, if they don't mess it up. 8k at 240hz is literally impossible at this point in time, even for PC users.
There are games that run 4k/60 frames on the Xbox One X. I'm sure, through the mid life of the next gen, that they'll be able to get 4k/120 frames, comfortably. But, yes, 8K at 240 frames for a AAA title is a decade away for top tier PCs.
It was announced at E3 that project Scarlett with a release in the fall of 2020 would run 8K@120hz the reality of it is that nothing runs full 8K or 4K it's all just checkerboarding but it's actually quite nice either way. I did not mean to say 8K@240hz that'll be another time meaning they're most likely to commit to the decision they used with the One X 4K=60fps 1440p and lower=120hz and so it'll be 8K=120hz 4K and lower resolutions=240hz. There will be three variations of project Scarlett on release instead of it being each year like how the Xbox One was it went Xbox One Xbox One S Xbox One X but now in 2020 they will all be released in 2020 on the exact release date as stated by a Microsoft employer that's even how most of my friends know because they've heard from that same person as well. You have a cheaper version of Scarlett, Scarlett, and Scarlett Anaconda which is the premium pricy amazing high end performance console. Also stated at E3 is that project Scarlett will be 4 times more powerful than the One X much faster if not instant load times ray tracing and 8K as they showed off the circuits and a tiny bit of the hardware inside of project Scarlett and yes it will undeniably be more powerful that's like saying the OG Xbox is more powerful than the 360 or the 360 more powerful than the Xbox One I've had just about every Xbox there is out there and each time there is a HUGE difference.
youre delusional if you really believe consoles will run 8k 120fps. a 2080 Ti can barely pull 120 @ 4k, 120 @ 8K require 4x that power
Exactly! There's not a chance in hell that any console next year is running games in 4k @ 120fps, never mind 8k @ 120fps. A 2080TI struggles to hit a constant 60fps at 4K with some of this years most demanding games running in ultra settings (and ray tracing) so to think even next gen consoles can do it is ridiculous!
I expect to see a gorgeous looking game running at a constant 60fps and in 4K, if they can pull a few more frames than that then it's a bonus.
The problem with 8k and any thing above 60-70fps is that your brain only process what your eyes seen in what is essentially 30fps segments and your eyes dont see in 4k or 8k, more like 1080. This is why 99% of people cant tell the difference between 4k and 8k, but most every one can tell the diference between 1080 and 4k because from 1080 to 4k is a pretty big leap. It's also why most companies aren't even trying to do 4k or 8k at 120fps constant because you would never notice the differences. Also yes Im simplifying a lot of this for the sake not wanting to write a 30 page coment on why 8k and going beyond 60-70fps is pointless, and a waste of processing power.
No, just no. Maybe YOU can't tell a difference above 60fps, but the majority of humans can. Typically, the people that post the debunked "30fps per eye" crap have never even seen a high refresh rate display, let alone know what they're talking about. Stop spreading misinformation.
beasty54 wrote:
I know and realize people keep saying "it's done when it's done" true, but the next generation is going to be here sooner than we realize, and the faster they finish MCC, the more they can work on updating the game to 8K@240hz for project scarlett because they already are in need of finishing Halo Infinite, and TBH I'm selling my Xbox One X and purchasing Scarlett ASAP.
You have been indoctrinated by marketing buzzwords. Scarlett will hopefully run 1080p at 60fps, if they don't mess it up. 8k at 240hz is literally impossible at this point in time, even for PC users.
There are games that run 4k/60 frames on the Xbox One X. I'm sure, through the mid life of the next gen, that they'll be able to get 4k/120 frames, comfortably. But, yes, 8K at 240 frames for a AAA title is a decade away for top tier PCs.
It was announced at E3 that project Scarlett with a release in the fall of 2020 would run 8K@120hz the reality of it is that nothing runs full 8K or 4K it's all just checkerboarding but it's actually quite nice either way. I did not mean to say 8K@240hz that'll be another time meaning they're most likely to commit to the decision they used with the One X 4K=60fps 1440p and lower=120hz and so it'll be 8K=120hz 4K and lower resolutions=240hz. There will be three variations of project Scarlett on release instead of it being each year like how the Xbox One was it went Xbox One Xbox One S Xbox One X but now in 2020 they will all be released in 2020 on the exact release date as stated by a Microsoft employer that's even how most of my friends know because they've heard from that same person as well. You have a cheaper version of Scarlett, Scarlett, and Scarlett Anaconda which is the premium pricy amazing high end performance console. Also stated at E3 is that project Scarlett will be 4 times more powerful than the One X much faster if not instant load times ray tracing and 8K as they showed off the circuits and a tiny bit of the hardware inside of project Scarlett and yes it will undeniably be more powerful that's like saying the OG Xbox is more powerful than the 360 or the 360 more powerful than the Xbox One I've had just about every Xbox there is out there and each time there is a HUGE difference.
youre delusional if you really believe consoles will run 8k 120fps. a 2080 Ti can barely pull 120 @ 4k, 120 @ 8K require 4x that power
Exactly! There's not a chance in hell that any console next year is running games in 4k @ 120fps, never mind 8k @ 120fps. A 2080TI struggles to hit a constant 60fps at 4K with some of this years most demanding games running in ultra settings (and ray tracing) so to think even next gen consoles can do it is ridiculous!
I expect to see a gorgeous looking game running at a constant 60fps and in 4K, if they can pull a few more frames than that then it's a bonus.
The problem with 8k and any thing above 60-70fps is that your brain only process what your eyes seen in what is essentially 30fps segments and your eyes dont see in 4k or 8k, more like 1080. This is why 99% of people cant tell the difference between 4k and 8k, but most every one can tell the diference between 1080 and 4k because from 1080 to 4k is a pretty big leap. It's also why most companies aren't even trying to do 4k or 8k at 120fps constant because you would never notice the differences. Also yes Im simplifying a lot of this for the sake not wanting to write a 30 page coment on why 8k and going beyond 60-70fps is pointless, and a waste of processing power.
No, just no. Maybe YOU can't tell a difference above 60fps, but the majority of humans can. Typically, the people that post the debunked "30fps per eye" crap have never even seen a high refresh rate display, let alone know what they're talking about. Stop spreading misinformation.
I can tell the difference between 90HZ and 120HZ
It would really be nice to hear some console progress, there is PC progress everywhere, but nothing about how xbox is coming along... That lack of information is a little disheartening to the console community, but really great for PC community who have been kept in the dark for years. So silver lining I suppose.
Edge Razor wrote:
It would really be nice to hear some console progress, there is PC progress everywhere, but nothing about how xbox is coming along... That lack of information is a little disheartening to the console community, but really great for PC community who have been kept in the dark for years. So silver lining I suppose.
lol dude, just smash in that x360 disc in your XONE and kick some alien nuts - we people on the pc need to wait no matter what.
WolfiAUT wrote:
Edge Razor wrote:
It would really be nice to hear some console progress, there is PC progress everywhere, but nothing about how xbox is coming along... That lack of information is a little disheartening to the console community, but really great for PC community who have been kept in the dark for years. So silver lining I suppose.
lol dude, just smash in that x360 disc in your XONE and kick some alien nuts - we people on the pc need to wait no matter what.
Yeah, true that. Lol Hopefully not to much longer.
Even though the wait is killing me, I want them to get the PC releases right; I'd be happy if 343 delayed Reach PC to include split-screen at launch, honestly.
Flights have not even begun and we are mid April. I don't think Halo Reach will officially release before September.
This probably means the whole Master Chief Collection won't be out on PC until something like March 2020.
Flights have not even begun and we are mid April.
Just thought you should know that we are in June :/
Flights have not even begun and we are mid April.
Just thought you should know that we are in June :/
I typed a bit too fast.

Yes, indeed. Which sadly does not make me feel very confident the whole collection will be out this year. 343i should take all the time they need of course.
Flights have not even begun and we are mid April.
Just thought you should know that we are in June :/
I typed a bit too fast.

Yes, indeed. Which sadly does not make me feel very confident the whole collection will be out this year. 343i should take all the time they need of course.
Obviously I want this to work right for the computer. I've joined the beta testing team in the have not gotten the single flight yet. I'd rather spend the money knowing that the product works right on the computer for spending money and realizing it doesn't work. So I'd rather they take their time.
Flights have not even begun and we are mid April.
Just thought you should know that we are in June :/
I typed a bit too fast.

Yes, indeed. Which sadly does not make me feel very confident the whole collection will be out this year. 343i should take all the time they need of course.
Obviously I want this to work right for the computer. I've joined the beta testing team in the have not gotten the single flight yet. I'd rather spend the money knowing that the product works right on the computer for spending money and realizing it doesn't work. So I'd rather they take their time.
Microsoft and 343i are clearly avoiding the mistakes of the original Xbox launch.
It's just so great to see the IP back on PC in a big way.
Flights have not even begun and we are mid April.
Just thought you should know that we are in June :/
I typed a bit too fast.

Yes, indeed. Which sadly does not make me feel very confident the whole collection will be out this year. 343i should take all the time they need of course.
Obviously I want this to work right for the computer. I've joined the beta testing team in the have not gotten the single flight yet. I'd rather spend the money knowing that the product works right on the computer for spending money and realizing it doesn't work. So I'd rather they take their time.
Microsoft and 343i are clearly avoiding the mistakes of the original Xbox launch.
It's just so great to see the IP back on PC in a big way.
Our patience will be well worth it in the end.
<p></p>
Flights have not even begun and we are mid April.
Just thought you should know that we are in June :/
I typed a bit too fast.

Yes, indeed. Which sadly does not make me feel very confident the whole collection will be out this year. 343i should take all the time they need of course.
Obviously I want this to work right for the computer. I've joined the beta testing team in the have not gotten the single flight yet. I'd rather spend the money knowing that the product works right on the computer for spending money and realizing it doesn't work. So I'd rather they take their time.
Microsoft and 343i are clearly avoiding the mistakes of the original Xbox launch.
It's just so great to see the IP back on PC in a big way.
In your opinion do you think it will look great on a 1080p 60hertz display?
Fleerew wrote:
I don't know it it was just me. But when they did the offer for the $1 game pass for PC. I read it as the beta was available now if you become a member. I guess I was wrong. I signed up for it with no halo reach in sight. Even though they had Master Chief in the advertisement. If it does not come out within the month, I will let the subscription die out.
I know they said it, but Chief is there, you can play several Halo's on Xbox with the game pass. Pretty underhanded from Microsoft though.
Yogimus77 wrote:
Fleerew wrote:
I don't know it it was just me. But when they did the offer for the $1 game pass for PC. I read it as the beta was available now if you become a member. I guess I was wrong. I signed up for it with no halo reach in sight. Even though they had Master Chief in the advertisement. If it does not come out within the month, I will let the subscription die out.
I know they said it, but Chief is there, you can play several Halo's on Xbox with the game pass. Pretty underhanded from Microsoft though.
Xbox Game Pass is available for PC right now, via a new Xbox app on the Windows Store. Announced at Microsoft's E3 2019 press conference, the pass boasts over a hundred games, including Metro Exodus, Football Manager 2019, Forza Horizon 4 and, most importantly, Halo Reach, once it releases as part of the drip feed roll out of the Halo Master Chief Collection for PC.

That was taken from an article from PC Gamer.

It says once it releases. Sorry to be so cut and dry, but people need to read the actual article before they jump to conclusions. I understand that people might quickly read it and think it's out, but that's why you read thing slowly to understand its meaning and pay attention to the language. Unfortunately, the articles are written in such a way to deceive sometimes, especially with their choice of words and images.
Flights have not even begun and we are mid April.
Just thought you should know that we are in June :/
I typed a bit too fast.

Yes, indeed. Which sadly does not make me feel very confident the whole collection will be out this year. 343i should take all the time they need of course.
Obviously I want this to work right for the computer. I've joined the beta testing team in the have not gotten the single flight yet. I'd rather spend the money knowing that the product works right on the computer for spending money and realizing it doesn't work. So I'd rather they take their time.
Microsoft and 343i are clearly avoiding the mistakes of the original Xbox launch.
It's just so great to see the IP back on PC in a big way.
In your opinion do you think it will look great on a 1080p 60hertz display?
I believe itll look the same as it does on an xbox one X(if your pc can handle it) with 1080p, im hoping I could take advantage on my 1440p 144htz monitor but only time will tell, if they can implement a max fps that would be golden as well.
Windows Central released this article yesterday:

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-reach-pc-preview-legendary-titan-revived-4k

Might not be any new info but its good to see the initial thoughts are positive.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19