1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hey, guys. Here is a handy list of all the questions and subsequent answers from the Ask Me Anything (AMA) session with Ske7ch that took place over on Reddit.

Q. Since MCC on PC will see the games being released chronologically over a period of time, does the team currently have any idea or goals to what that time frame might look like in between each release? Is there currently an internal roadmap that we might be able to get a peak at?

Quote:
A. Right now the priority is getting Halo: Reach ready for public flighting and work is underway almost in parallel for Halo: CE, which will be the second game. Ultimately we want to get these games into player's hands as soon as possible. We're hesitant to commit to a firm time frame because the truth is they're ready when they're ready. Flighting will be critical to help us get these titles to a great place and depending on how that goes, it could lengthen or extend the release cadence. We'll definitely share more details as we start ramping up flighting.
Q. My question is will MCC have modding tools and/or Steam Workshop support? And splitscreen?

Quote:
A. We are working closely with the members of the modding community (including some friends on the ElDewrito team) to explore our options for "official" mod support, but we won't have this at launch. Our #1 priority for launch is ensuring we get each of these core games "right" for PC and security/anti-cheat is a big focus. As we've stated, this entire offering will grow and evolve over time.
Q. Will the upcoming custom games browser support community dedicated servers, like those found in Halo PC?

Quote:
A. This is a topic of discussion here but currently this isn't something we're able to commit to in terms of actual community-hosted dedicated servers. A custom games browser is of course very important to us and something we're looking forward to bringing to MCC on PC and Xbox One.
Q. Will the pack be purchasable as a whole or our only option will be to buy the games separately? Also, just to make sure, will Windows 7 and 8 be supported on the Steam version?

Quote:
A. Both - It's the players choice if they'd like to purchase each of the games within MCC one-by-one as they release or wait and pick them all up at the end.
Currently our focus is on Win10 and Win7. Win8 is still being investigated.
Q. Can you buy the whole package immediately and wait until other games are available. Like a season pass of sorts.

Quote:
A. Players can purchase each title one-by-one along the way or wait until the collection is complete at the end. We don't have any plans for a 'season pass' model.
For context, it gets tricky when we have a flexible release plan that ties to flighting and ongoing development - it's hard to definitively promise a player when they'll get the thing they paid for (or even what features may or may not be there at one time). We have to get this right on PC and do so in a way that doesn't potentially upset customers.
Q. Any estimate for the price of each game?

Quote:
A. We'll have more to share on pricing specifics in the future - our prioritiy now is just getting Halo: Reach flighting ready to go.
Q. Seeing that a Xbox Live account will be required, will progress / multiplayer progression carry over from console to PC (ie: Halo Reach multiplayer ranks and unlocked armors)?

Quote:
A. Within MCC, yes, your progress and progression will carry-over between the console and PC versions. All stats, achievements, Forged maps, and game variants will be shared between all of the games within MCC. Mid mission saves will be unique to each platform and cannot be shared.
Your Halo: Reach unlocks and progression from the original game on Xbox 360 will NOT carry over to MCC.
And as a reminder, MCC on Steam will require a free Microsoft Account, but not Xbox Live Gold.
Q. Should we expect to see the same amazing Ranking/Credit system in Halo:Reach like it was in the past?

Quote:
A. First, we're happy to say that Halo: Reach in MCC will in fact have the same level of "mix and match" customization found in the original games (all the individual armor pieces, etc..). As to how it's earned, we are exploring a new and deeper progression system that retains the feel of the old systems and blends them with newer models for game progression (all based on in-game play, no type of monetization or anything of that nature)
Q. Will Halo 3 armor be fixed too? I really want to mix and match sets instead of having presets like MCC currently has.

Quote:
A. Priority one is getting MCC from Xbox One to PC in the right way, as a great PC experience. The current development roadmap for launch doesn't include re-doing how Halo 3 customziation works within MCC but we know this is something fans have been asking for and we will continue to evaluate options for the future. We would like to deliver multi-part armor customization. Halo: Reach will be the first title to support this and we will investigate what is possible for other titles that included armor pieces.
Q. Will it have some form of Anti Cheat?

Quote:
A. Yes! And we'll share more details down the road.
Q. In regards to framerates, will Reach be playable at 144 fps? Better yet, will there be a framerate cap at all?
Quote:
A. Current plan is to support 'uncapped FPS' in each title. But, as we move deeper into development on each title, we'll have to determine what's feasible within each game.
Q. Will the PC versions of the games be rebalanced in any way for the sake of adapting to KB+M play?
Quote:
A. Delivering great KB+M controls is one of our top priorities. We are exploring different ways to make a balanced, fun experience for PC and will share more details in the future.
Q. What kind of turnout can we expect for the flight testing? Will most players who sign up be accepted, or will the process be highly selective?
Quote:
A. We've been blown away by the interest and support for the Halo Insider program! Our goal is to balance accepting as many as possible against the specific needs for a particular flight.
Q. Will there be 144hz support for all of the games?
Quote:
A. Yes, the goal is to support 144hz+ for all of the games in MCC, though as with things like FOV sliders and framerates, it could vary slightly by title.
Q. Will there be local splitscreen multiplayer/campaign
Quote:
A. This one is tricky and the team is still looking at what can be supported.
Q. Will it be possible for those who own MCC digitally on Xbox be able to play/own the game on PC via "Play Anywhere"?
Quote:
A. As Bonnie noted on Sunday, we appreciate all of the Xbox One players who have supported MCC over the years and we realize that many existing MCC players are also interested in playing the game on PC. While MCC was released prior to the Xbox Play Anywhere program, we are still exploring ways to recognize the continued support of our Xbox One players so they are also able to enjoy MCC on PC. We will have more details as we get closer to launch.
Q. PC System requirements?
Quote:
A. Ultimately, flighting and the results of those tests will help finalize the min specs but we want to support the widest range of hardware possible. We'll definitely share spec details soon.
Q. Will there be dedicated servers for Reach?
Quote:
A. Our goal is to continue using dedicated servers to power the matchmaking experiences within MCC. We'll definitely share more details as development progresses.
Q. How many people are working on MCC?
Quote:
A. While the majority of 343 is hard at work on Halo Infinite, the Publishing Team has partnered with Ruffian and Splash Damage to hep us bring this ambitious project to life. When flighting kicks off, Halo Insiders will also be partnering with us.
Q. Will Crossplay be available for MCC on PC?
Quote:
A. PC players will be able to play together regardless of which store they choose to purchase from. In terms of Xbox One to PC crossplay, it's not something we're currently committing to at launch but it is top of mind and the team is actively investigating this.
I think, since MCC is not a "main" halo game, the grind of MCC Reach should not be as long as 360 Reach was. Or rather, while it would still take a relatively long time to get to Inheritor, getting from Recruit to General (which unlocks all armor for purchase besides Haunted) should not take as much time.
I'm really gonna miss my Reach Blue Flame Helmet decoration, but maybe 343 will be nice and just make it an unlockable for everyone...
I'm really gonna miss my Reach Blue Flame Helmet decoration, but maybe 343 will be nice and just make it an unlockable for everyone...
Since they made the Bungie Armor (which is a chest piece that gives you a flaming head) from Halo 3 available to everyone on MCC (though, right now you can only have it with Mark VI helmet and shoulders since Halo 3 on MCC currently only supports choosing whole armor sets), its very likely that Legendary (Orange Flames) and Eternal (Blue Flames) armor effects will be available to everyone.
That's good to know actually, especially since I always thought it was such a cool effect... which is probably gonna look even cooler once I crank up the PC settings up to 11 :3
I like how you're pretending releasing a complete MCC package at launch will upset people but gouging people with a la carte purchases won't

disgustingly dishonest
"A. Players can purchase each title one-by-one along the way or wait until the collection is complete at the end. We don't have any plans for a 'season pass' model."
wouldn't it be easier for everyone to sell the MCC, give us reach and add the rest on later?
I would very much prefer the ‘season pass model’ instead if buying one by one, this also makes me afraid that doing this will make the games cost more to buy on pc rather than xbox.
Mageh533 wrote:
I would very much prefer the ‘season pass model’ instead if buying one by one, this also makes me afraid that doing this will make the games cost more to buy on pc rather than xbox.
yes please do the seasons pass model and sell the game for $60 USD
I'm pleasantly surprised that our MCC stats will carry over from Xbox to PC. Everything I've heard about this port has been great, but my one concern is the price. If they charge more than $10 per game, that would make the entire package more than $60. $10 on release for a AAA port seems cheap, but more than $60 for the entire MCC seems expensive, so I'm a bit conflicted. To be honest with myself I would probably purchase them at $15 a pop, but I would not be too happy about paying $90 for something that Xbox owners got for $60 five years ago.
Gotta agree with everyone here regarding the a la carte pricing at launch. If they plan it out ahead of time so the combined prices of the individual games is equal to that of the final product, which in turn is equal to that of the Xbox price, it's a neat way to drip-feed content to our hungry mouths. If it ends up just being a way to take advantage of people who love the series too much to wait... well, that's more than a bit messed up, isn't it?
q. what are your hopes for a date for reach coming out . yet they done when they are done
q2. what is the price for one of the games
owenboro4 wrote:
q. what are your hopes for a date for reach coming out . yet they done when they are done
q2. what is the price for one of the games
None of that information is available just yet
Personally I think it's a wonderful idea to give the customer the options to buy specific titles or to wait for the full MCC to be polished and released. I'll definitely be picking up each game as they're released individually and I'm extremely excited for flight testing to start.
Renneyy wrote:
Personally I think it's a wonderful idea to give the customer the options to buy specific titles or to wait for the full MCC to be polished and released. I'll definitely be picking up each game as they're released individually and I'm extremely excited for flight testing to start.
Like I said in my reply, it IS a great idea if they keep the pricing of individual games and the overall package in mind before the initial releases. But if they're just winging prices as they go, and the final package ends up being cheaper than the total of the individuals, it comes off as greedy and exploitative, even if it's just simple negligence.
Mageh533 wrote:
I understand 343's concerns regarding this method of purchase though. Imagine you buy the whole package at once but after a few months 343 realizes that the sales didn't meet their expectations (because they either had another release debacle or not enough people cared) and those aren't enough to warrant further development and porting. But because you bought the whole thing 343 and partners would still have to commit to port every single game to prevent massive community backlashes, even when it would mean losses for the companies involved. So from a business standpoint not having the "all at once" purchase not only provides some sort of safety net for MS/343 but also for the buyers.
I personally love how interactive 343 is being with Halo and MCC in the last two years. It actually is getting me back into Halo and playing and meeting new people along the way with it. Reminding me of the good 'ol days. I really can't wait to see what else 343 will give us with MCC and the Halo franchise as a whole!
I would be fascinated to see the effects of armor like the flames and that can be unlocked within the game, although even if it were a DLC mode I would love to have them
Terg500 wrote:
Mageh533 wrote:
I understand 343's concerns regarding this method of purchase though. Imagine you buy the whole package at once but after a few months 343 realizes that the sales didn't meet their expectations (because they either had another release debacle or not enough people cared) and those aren't enough to warrant further development and porting. But because you bought the whole thing 343 and partners would still have to commit to port every single game to prevent massive community backlashes, even when it would mean losses for the companies involved. So from a business standpoint not having the "all at once" purchase not only provides some sort of safety net for MS/343 but also for the buyers.
i highly doubt "not enough people will care" it will be the exact opposite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4