Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 81
Hello, I am desperately begging for someone to notice these cries. Aim assist on MCC PC currently is heavily favoring controller players and KB + M players are at a clear disadvantage. This is not me being whiny, this is a well documented case by many pro players and other members of the community. Other games have realized this problem and corrected. PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC OR GROUP CONTROLLER USERS WITH EACH OTHER. It is really unfair, and as someone who has been waiting 10 years to play halo on PC like this, it is super disappointing to know that I am at a huge disadvantage online. All the console kids got it on PC because its the superior version, and my FPS skills from other games dont even matter against the legion of auto aimers.

PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC. STOP PENALIZING PLAYERS FOR USING KB + M
Devs still haven't learned this yet?!?

If controller players want to use one, that's their choice but dont penalise proper PC players for it.
I agree controllers should be matched together
How would the grouping work? Right now you can in game be on K+M and then in the same match seamlessly switch to controller. It would be a mistake in my opinion to take away that seamless integration because it is nice to be able to drive with a controller rather than K+M.
redarmy101 wrote:
How would the grouping work? Right now you can in game be on K+M and then in the same match seamlessly switch to controller. It would be a mistake in my opinion to take away that seamless integration because it is nice to be able to drive with a controller rather than K+M.
Option for aim assist disabled matchmaking. Effectively does the same thing.
Man, some of you guys must either be insane, or are having problems aiming or something. And I'm TRULY not trying to sound elitist or rude or anything...apologies if I am.

But, no. Controller aim assist needs to stay as is. Mouse aim feels perfect now, so there's no excuse for not getting better. I'm currently dominating with mouse in MP. If feels fantastic. Nerfing controller will just simply gut controller usage in the game, completely closing the idea of console crossplay. Please stop with these nonsensical complaints. Mouse aim is far better than controller aim currently.
Can all you mouse users just stop the whining already ? Controllers are fine you just need to get used to playing Halo on PC. This isn't another generic FPS game after like CoD.
Can all you mouse users just stop the whining already ? Controllers are fine you just need to get used to playing Halo on PC. This isn't another generic FPS game after like CoD.
I know right? The people complaining HAVE to be the ones that are new to mouse/keyboard aim.
Man, some of you guys must either be insane, or are having problems aiming or something. And I'm TRULY not trying to sound elitist or rude or anything...apologies if I am.

But, no. Controller aim assist needs to stay as is. Mouse aim feels perfect now, so there's no excuse for not getting better. I'm currently dominating with mouse in MP. If feels fantastic. Nerfing controller will just simply gut controller usage in the game, completely closing the idea of console crossplay. Please stop with these nonsensical complaints. Mouse aim is far better than controller aim currently.
I understand yall are console players and might not get it. But matchmaking, specifically competitive mm, will not survive on PC with the current state of aim assist + controller vs keyboard and mouse. Being forced to play against what is essentially aimbot is not going to sit well with competitive FPS PC players.
Halo is and always has been a controller based game. If you're that hardcore that you want to sacrifice feel/fun for headshots, then you'll probably be moving on to something more competitive. That doesn't even begin to get into the aim assist profile which is actually fine.

Leave AA as is--it's already reduced from the original game as far as I can tell. Certainly the aim magnetism is reduced. Even campaign is more difficult now. I have tried both and find them balanced.

Tip: if you are getting wrecked on PC with a mouse, you're actually just bad. Sorry.

SMH--people wanting to make a controller based shooter literally impossible for controller users to play.
Halo is and always has been a controller based game. If you're that hardcore that you want to sacrifice feel/fun for headshots, then you'll probably be moving on to something more competitive.

Leave AA as is--it's already reduced from the original game as far as I can tell. Certainly the aim magnetism is reduced. Even campaign is more difficult now. I have tried both and find them balanced.

Tip: if you are getting wrecked on PC with a mouse, you're actually just bad. Sorry.
Actually not true at all... CE was a PC game. And a top level controller player will beat out a top level k+m player simply because the game will assist them in tracking headshots. Skill is irrelevant to this criticism.
How can you even tell? There's nothing indicating if they're using a controller or not, so I'm starting to think people who just aren't good are going to start throwing this aim assist around as an excuse for their poor performance.
How can you even tell? There's nothing indicating if they're using a controller or not, so I'm starting to think people who just aren't good are going to start throwing this aim assist around as an excuse for their poor performance.
It's pretty obvious when you are fighting someone and they absolutely never miss shots at close-medium range. But perhaps they should add an icon in the tab menu to show what input method each player is using. I think some other games have done this.

Are you dominating social games at rank 1? Keep playing ranked hardcore 4v4 with MKB (your teammates have to use MKB as well) and report back to me after a week.
It's pretty obvious when you are fighting someone and they absolutely never miss shots at close-medium range. But perhaps they should add an icon in the tab menu to show what input method each player is using. I think some other games have done this.
That doesn't prove anything lol and if that's the argument here than now I really think y'all just need to git gud
bamboohpc wrote:

Are you dominating social games at rank 1? Keep playing ranked hardcore 4v4 with MKB (your teammates have to use MKB as well) and report back to me after a week.
Based on your service record, you haven't even played Reach yet. Get outta here. Feel free to look mine, though. This is from me almost exlusively using mouse. Competitive will be even easier with mouse aim, as bloom isn't even in it, so what's your point on me not playing hardcore yet?
That doesn't prove anything lol and if that's the argument here than now I really think y'all just need to git gud
It's not humanly possible to consistently hit every single shot like that. Competitive FPS PC players are keen on detecting aimbots in other games, how does that not transfer to this situation?
The only way I can tell the players apart is when I shoot someone in the back and they INSTANTLY turn around and challenge me. Controller players can't do that. There is also no AA at mid to long range fights when unscoped (none at all when scoped at long range) so KBM should be dominating those fights. I play controller and feel like a grandpa compared to watching KBM streamers/friends. KBM is quicker can shoot at multiple targets more efficiently and obviously has mobility advantage. Don't see how you're at a disadvantage in a team shooting game with KBM. Just hit your shots kid.
People love to throw excuses for their lackluster performances. It's never about how they're just not good at it.
Halo is and always has been a controller based game. If you're that hardcore that you want to sacrifice feel/fun for headshots, then you'll probably be moving on to something more competitive.

Actually not true at all... CE was a PC game. And a top level controller player will beat out a top level k+m player simply because the game will assist them in tracking headshots. Skill is irrelevant to this criticism.
Have you even tried this? Like how bad with a mouse are you exactly? Nothing acquires faster than a mouse. Try them both before complaining.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 81