Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 85
Sorry to eat my words, but after playing more today, I have to say.

Losing a lot is getting frustrating. I can't tell if i'm exceptionally bad or I'm just playing controllers. I'm not this bad at any other pc fps. At first the challenge was fun, but now I honestly don't even want to play any more.

I wish I could go into a mouse-only ranked matchmaking so I can make improvements based on how good or bad I play with other mouse users.
Minicrom wrote:
Seperated input matchmaking will not happen unless they cancel the possibility to switch between the two instantly. I don t see that happening unfortunately.
how hard can it be to disable controller input entirely, no matter what trickery you do? 343i can do it.
Sorry to eat my words, but after playing more today, I have to say.

Losing a lot is getting frustrating. I can't tell if i'm exceptionally bad or I'm just playing controllers. I'm not this bad at any other pc fps. At first the challenge was fun, but now I honestly don't even want to play any more.

I wish I could go into a mouse-only ranked matchmaking so I can make improvements based on how good or bad I play with other mouse users.
what kind of PC games do you play?
NORMALLY I would just say that a good kb and m user would dominate a controller player any day... but after seeing this and trying it for myself. The aim assist is way out of control. This is a problem on console too because I noticed that my crosshair can literally be 100% off the target and still hit because of bullet magnetism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1wgBovU4c&feature=youtu.be
You also cannot disable aim assist too in your settings. This is a problem.
I can just play Xbox with my controller where I purchased the entire MCC
This game prolly wont integrate a filter for inputs
Its best to play other PC games for now and just wait for Infinite
Kudox117 wrote:
Keyboard is an inferior input method in fighting games (ik some people have managed to play really good with it) yet they are not giving an unfair advantage to keyboard players. Why should controllers have free aimbot?
That's not even remotely true. Keyboard ranges from being extremely good due to making commands simple to input, to being outright unfair (and therefore banned) if the game doesn't account for multidirectional inputs properly since it can allow one to walk forward while holding back to block in some games.
Also with fighting games on Keyboard (with the right keyboard and or software) you can macro your combos to be a 1 key press.
S0 B00sted wrote:
Disable aim assist on PC. If you want to use a controller, play on console. Simple as that. You're never going to balance 2 separate input types, especially when Halo has some of the strongest aim assist of any console shooter.
Are YOU going to buy the console, game and TV for me to play it on? I thought not. DISABLING IT (in the whole game) IS NOT THE ANSWER. Input based, or disabled ONLY IN COMPETITIVE MODES. Some of us have physical medical conditions that make it hard to play on PC, but enjoy the better flexibility/performance of a PC, so we choose to play with a controller on PC games.
Slickini wrote:
Minicrom wrote:
Seperated input matchmaking will not happen unless they cancel the possibility to switch between the two instantly. I don t see that happening unfortunately.
how hard can it be to disable controller input entirely, no matter what trickery you do? 343i can do it.
They'd have to do it both ways though. I think a setting to select input mode (on the main screen only) would be the way to do it. Let me explain: Give an option to pick either MnK OR Controller as default input, and then disable all inputs from the other when in a match. I don't think automatic detection of input would work, as there would probably be ways to trick that, but by a manual selection of input would basically tell the game to completely ignore all inputs from any other device.
Just disable bullet magnetism, leave the aim assist. And add a hardcore gamemode with disabled aim assist for the mkb competitive players. Problem solved.
This is my conclusion. I spent 2 entire days playing a controller and 2 days playing with mouse and keyboard. No, you cannot spot the difference at all WHEN playing.

NOW HOLD ON, I am not done yet.

Mouse and keyboard can give you a HUGE advantage because PC players can flickshot and turn around swiftly. I am probably one of the lucky few who does not feel any input delays with my mouse, so my experience felt flawless. Movement feels right, despite we cannot crouch while walking, it's just part of the game. It's the same thing with controller. Those who played this game since since 2010, including me, will easily get re-used to it.

I felt sluggish when using a controller, but I was still able to play competitively, thanks to my muscle memory. There were so many things I wish I could do like looking around 180 degrees, do insane flicks, etc. I even thought about the many insane things mouse and keyboards players could do when flickshoting like 4 flawless rapid ridiculous flick-headshots with the DMR in swat (I think it's easily possible). You can still flick with controller but it's "limited". But here's the thing, once a controller player starts to flick comfortably, I think this is terminating the fairness between both inputs.

When I switched to mouse and keyboard, I felt there was a hit detection problem all the time when playing with Mouse and keyboard. I felt something was wrong but I also felt maybe it's me. I still felt my sensitivity was on point and my mouse was flawless, so I couldn't really tell the difference when I switched. I have to say if you are not focusing, tracking your enemies, lining your cross-hair on the right position, you chances of losing your fights increases dramatically. When using a controller, you don't really have to focus as much as a MKB player, thanks to the assist. But, I was more comfortable using mouse and keyboard, however I still thought the game had hit detection issues.

So.. since I recorded all my games, I had to slow mo my game footages. AANNNND I think I can finally say..... that YES.... Aim assist is TOO advantageous.

You can finally spot the difference. When I kept missing my last shot with the DMR as a MKB player, it was NOT hit detection the issue, it was because I was too used to aim assist. When using MKB, my shots always, ALWAYS landed literally AN INCH away from the enemy's head and I think this is a problem because it happens A LOT less when using a controller. The slow-down is creating discrepancy. MKB users have to stay focused to perhaps beat controller users, but it shouldn't be that way. Controller users have the edge while having less focus on the aim.

Some will say "YEAH OK, you just got to practice" (I admit it, I said that some times), some will say to reduce AA, some will say to reomve it.
But some will say that INPUT-BASED matchmaking should be implemented, so cross-play can be implemented, and I think that's just the best solution.
Slickini wrote:
This is my conclusion. I spent 2 entire days playing a controller and 2 days playing with mouse and keyboard. No, you cannot spot the difference at all WHEN playing.

NOW HOLD ON, I am not done yet.

Mouse and keyboard can give you a HUGE advantage because PC players can flickshot and turn around swiftly. I am probably one of the lucky few who does not feel any input delays with my mouse, so my experience felt flawless. Movement feels right, despite we cannot crouch while walking, it's just part of the game. It's the same thing with controller. Those who played this game since since 2010, including me, will easily get re-used to it.

I felt sluggish when using a controller, but I was still able to play competitively, thanks to my muscle memory. There were so many things I wish I could do like looking around 180 degrees, do insane flicks, etc. I even thought about the many insane things mouse and keyboards players could do when flickshoting like 4 flawless rapid ridiculous flick-headshots with the DMR in swat (I think it's easily possible). You can still flick with controller but it's "limited". But here's the thing, once a controller player starts to flick comfortably, I think this is terminating the fairness between both inputs.

When I switched to mouse and keyboard, I felt there was a hit detection problem all the time when playing with Mouse and keyboard. I felt something was wrong but I also felt maybe it's me. I still felt my sensitivity was on point and my mouse was flawless, so I couldn't really tell the difference when I switched. I have to say if you are not focusing, tracking your enemies, lining your cross-hair on the right position, you chances of losing your fights increases dramatically. When using a controller, you don't really have to focus as much as a MKB player, thanks to the assist. But, I was more comfortable using mouse and keyboard, however I still thought the game had hit detection issues.

So.. since I recorded all my games, I had to slow mo my game footages. AANNNND I think I can finally say..... that YES.... Aim assist is TOO advantageous.

You can finally spot the difference. When I kept missing my last shot with the DMR as a MKB player, it was NOT hit detection the issue, it was because I was too used to aim assist. When using MKB, my shots always, ALWAYS landed literally AN INCH away from the enemy's head and I think this is a problem because it happens A LOT less when using a controller. The slow-down is creating discrepancy. MKB users have to stay focused to perhaps beat controller users, but it shouldn't be that way. Controller users have the edge while having less focus on the aim.

Some will say "YEAH OK, you just got to practice" (I admit it, I said that some times), some will say to reduce AA, some will say to reomve it.
But some will say that INPUT-BASED matchmaking should be implemented, so cross-play can be implemented, and I think that's just the best solution.
This is a bandaid not a fix, however that may be the answer for the older games. I still personally think it will be too much time and energy due to the nature of how easy it is to switch between inputs. I think the most likely change is no AA playlists.

We need to be thinking of future Halo games - its imparitive that there is a better balance for Infinite.

Other studios have figured out the balance between controller and M+KB inputs, now it's 343's turn. Both need to be viable for crossplay, or everyone opts out.

I hope it can be done.
Sayviour wrote:
Slickini wrote:
This is a bandaid not a fix, however that may be the answer for the older games. I still personally think it will be too much time and energy due to the nature of how easy it is to switch between inputs. I think the most likely change is no AA playlists.

We need to be thinking of future Halo games - its imparitive that there is a better balance for Infinite.

Other studios have figured out the balance between controller and M+KB inputs, now it's 343's turn. Both need to be viable for crossplay, or everyone opts out.

I hope it can be done.
Yeah I remain hopeful too.
343i could disable input switching during games. Maybe a simple toggle option in the matchmaking menu could do it.
yeah controllers have way too much aim assist i thought people where just exaggerating but i decided to go one round with it and it is absurd. why get good with a mouse and keyboard when u can just hover over someone and let the game do the work for you it is super dumb.
Jonald5446 wrote:
Hello, I am desperately begging for someone to notice these cries. Aim assist on MCC PC currently is heavily favoring controller players and KB + M players are at a clear disadvantage. This is not me being whiny, this is a well documented case by many pro players and other members of the community. Other games have realized this problem and corrected. PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC OR GROUP CONTROLLER USERS WITH EACH OTHER. It is really unfair, and as someone who has been waiting 10 years to play halo on PC like this, it is super disappointing to know that I am at a huge disadvantage online. All the console kids got it on PC because its the superior version, and my FPS skills from other games dont even matter against the legion of auto aimers.

PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC. STOP PENALIZING PLAYERS FOR USING KB + M
Don't know if you noticed but on KBM you can spin slow-turning vehicles like the wraith around like beyblades.
This is a PC game.

K+M should be the norm and therefore catered for the most, given priority and the fairest experience.

If a small proportion of players want to deviate from this PC game, then that is their choice and they should therefore not be catered for over the true population.

Why give a better experience to 5-10% over the remaining 90-95%?

That doesn't make sense....
mmmm I don't even remember if the port of halo 1 having controller support... And if it did. I don't recall AA being so strong. I have notice on this game I get shot pretty quick to die that I didn't even have a chance im thinking ok.... Maybe that was my fault or lack of reflex? :S
I played halopc for ages. Nobody used the controller, the bullet magnetism was equivalent between keyboard and mouse and autoaim was removed.

It's hilarious that even with reduced autoaim in MCCPC you can still see the giant advantage over kb/m. Just goes to show how much of a mechanically (aim, movement) skilless game the console guys have been playing all these years.

First person to see the opponent wins. Missing is impossible unless you're truly awful.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This game would be really fun to play if there was a way to only play against other mouse & keyboard players or if the aim assist was reduced.
Controller aim assist is so broken that I wish I could get a refund... unless it changes I'm not gonna go back to this game.
This is supposed to be a PC game but all controller users get an aimbot, how is that fair?

I tested both, M&K and controller & even though I haven't used a controller in like 6 years, I was doing a lot better with it than I did on mouse & keyboard... it's actually ridiculous. As long as you're moving the right thumbstick even a little bit, it's like an aimlock.

+ the camera movement only updates at 60fps so you get improper frame pacing when using a mouse with an unlocked frame rate. Makes mouse movement feel horrendous.

These 2 youtube videos show well why aim assist is way too strong at the moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1wgBovU4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3aG_forszE&feature=youtu.be&t=625
You have a mouse to aim, controller players have dealt with many games on pc without aim assist and they still manage ok, a good workman never blames their tools. I suggest you get good.
sionibob wrote:
You have a mouse to aim, controller players have dealt with many games on pc without aim assist and they still manage ok, a good workman never blames their tools. I suggest you get good.
Seriously?
I don't understand how somebody can defend the aim assist in this game, the game aims for you, you don't even have to be a good controller player to do well.
I don't like playing against cheaters, the aim assist in this game is basically an aimbot.

You're the one who needs to get good if you need this kind of aim assist.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 85