Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 85
Whether or not they're bad at the game, the level of AA is unacceptable and if 343 is unwilling to remove it, at least give your players an option to opt out of playing with aimbotting controller users. I would rather wait longer in matchmaking than deal with the above.
PLEASE, please adjust this.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Is there that many controller players on pc? I find it funny anytime a MnK player dies it’s because of aim assist lmao
Slickini wrote:
I agree controllers should be matched together
its not that easy. i wish they could display what is being used, however in a pregame lobby
mmmm I don't even remember if the port of halo 1 having controller support... And if it did. I don't recall AA being so strong. I have notice on this game I get shot pretty quick to die that I didn't even have a chance im thinking ok.... Maybe that was my fault or lack of reflex? :S
its pretty lame if you consider teamshot meta + aim assist. its already a very slow paced game.
people act like nobody on PC has played halo before, the reality is that you are trying to defend the fact that you want to play with aimbot and at the same time try to claim people who disagree cant aim.
https://youtu.be/5Up1O7nFFzc?t=180 all I gotta say
Players : Nerf aim assist for controllers.

Console users : They are just not used to playing with mouse.

Dude, the issue is not the mouse. The issue is the aim assist and bullet magnetism for the controller. There is an issue but the console users doesn't see it or doesn't want to see it cuz they're exploiting it, therefor they try to turn it around and blaming the people who are using mouse. it is really quite interesting.
This video is outdated. It's from the last flight build which did indeed have input mouse lag. 343 fixed it. It feels perfect now. I think some people just are bad at the game and will blame their inconsistencies on anything. If you think controller aim assist is better than mouse aim now, the way the game is currently, you're delusional.
I didn't even know aim assist was still here. That's changed my outlook quite a bit.
DireIguana wrote:
This video is outdated. It's from the last flight build which did indeed have input mouse lag. 343 fixed it. It feels perfect now. I think some people just are bad at the game and will blame their inconsistencies on anything. If you think controller aim assist is better than mouse aim now, the way the game is currently, you're delusional.
Except in the current version this reticle drag will spot enemies through foliage, rocks, walls, etc allowing you to track players who might be trying to flank before they even know they're noticed. If this doesn't bring up red flags to you when the hardcore version of the game doesn't allow for radar then you are delusional. The answer to the complain that there is aim assist on controllers should not be 'well you should aim better' it should be 'why do I need to do more work when controllers clearly have to do very little in order to hit shots?'
Can all you mouse users just stop the whining already ? Controllers are fine you just need to get used to playing Halo on PC. This isn't another generic FPS game after like CoD.
Man, some of you guys must either be insane, or are having problems aiming or something. And I'm TRULY not trying to sound elitist or rude or anything...apologies if I am.

But, no. Controller aim assist needs to stay as is. Mouse aim feels perfect now, so there's no excuse for not getting better. I'm currently dominating with mouse in MP. If feels fantastic. Nerfing controller will just simply gut controller usage in the game, completely closing the idea of console crossplay. Please stop with these nonsensical complaints. Mouse aim is far better than controller aim currently.
I understand yall are console players and might not get it. But matchmaking, specifically competitive mm, will not survive on PC with the current state of aim assist + controller vs keyboard and mouse. Being forced to play against what is essentially aimbot is not going to sit well with competitive FPS PC players.
I play on multiply platforms and play a few shooters on PC and console and I stand by what I say cause again Halo at it's core is a console shooter.
Can all you mouse users just stop the whining already ? Controllers are fine you just need to get used to playing Halo on PC. This isn't another generic FPS game after like CoD.
No ones whining, it's a clear disadvantage when the modern setting for aim assist slows down and nearly locks on headshots with little to no effort, And before you say I want aim assist removed I don't, matchmaking simply needs to be changed to where controller users can face each other and vice versa
Remove aim assist on PC... if you chose to use a controller that's on you. At the very least in ranked.
Jonald5446 wrote:
Hello, I am desperately begging for someone to notice these cries. Aim assist on MCC PC currently is heavily favoring controller players and KB + M players are at a clear disadvantage. This is not me being whiny, this is a well documented case by many pro players and other members of the community. Other games have realized this problem and corrected. PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC OR GROUP CONTROLLER USERS WITH EACH OTHER. It is really unfair, and as someone who has been waiting 10 years to play halo on PC like this, it is super disappointing to know that I am at a huge disadvantage online. All the console kids got it on PC because its the superior version, and my FPS skills from other games dont even matter against the legion of auto aimers.

PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC. STOP PENALIZING PLAYERS FOR USING KB + M
Hey OP I played yesterday against you. Your team won but I still managed to get 19 kills. I won several 1v1 against you, not because of the aim assist but the way you were playing. It was very amateurish. You barely strafed, bunny-hopped or tried to break my view to gain an advantage, you also were sprinting around on open fields without caring about people shooting at you from advantage spots (map control is a huge thing in Halo).

To me it feels like you need to learn the game before trying to get stuff nerfed. The game has been only out for only 2 days for PC players, learn the game.
Why are the pro-cheat players always in the minority in these discussions? Why are they always putting the other players skill in question when they are the ones using the aim-bot function?
Why are the pro-cheat players always in the minority in these discussions? Why are they always putting the other players skill in question when they are the ones using the aim-bot function?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-2OITtU1dU

The video above is the perfect example of how disingenuous people are about this. Guy states that halo just feels right on the controller and is meant to be played that way. It JUST FEELS RIGHT YA KNOW I DUNNO WHY. When he clearly states that all shots connect on the controller, obviously because bullet magnetism means you don't actually have to aim on the head. Not to mention that the reticle locks onto and slows on targets making it easier to track. Does he break down these points despite the fact that he claims to being pro? No, he just acts like its some veteran skill and that its 'all preference' but he's definitely sure mouse and keyboard have a high skill ceilling.

Controller users want to keep their handicap because it makes the game easier for them while pretending like everyone else just needs to 'get used to playing halo.' A game where everyone moves slow as molasses and the only way to throw off aim is strafing. You know that thing you'd have to learn how to do habit wise on kb/m but the controller pretty much allows you to do it free by locking onto targets?

The video above is the perfect example of how disingenuous people are about this. Guy states that halo just feels right on the controller and is meant to be played that way. It JUST FEELS RIGHT YA KNOW I DUNNO WHY. When he clearly states that all shots connect on the controller, obviously because bullet magnetism means you don't actually have to aim on the head. Not to mention that the reticle locks onto and slows on targets making it easier to track. Does he break down these points despite the fact that he claims to being pro? No, he just acts like its some veteran skill and that its 'all preference' but he's definitely sure mouse and keyboard have a high skill ceilling.

Controller users want to keep their handicap because it makes the game easier for them while pretending like everyone else just needs to 'get used to playing halo.' A game where everyone moves slow as molasses and the only way to throw off aim is strafing. You know that thing you'd have to learn how to do habit wise on kb/m but the controller pretty much allows you to do it free by locking onto targets?
Mouse users get bullet magnetism too. Sorry but all this whining is making is sound like you die hard mouse users just want easy kills against controller users cause of the mind set mouse > controller PC master. IF aim assist is reduce or removed all together then there be no reason to use controller with how bad it is and how accurate mouse would be by comparison. Halo is a console shooter that got ported to PC so it was literally designed from the ground up with controller in mind and 343 went in knowing that a lot of players would want controller for a Halo game since again IT IS A CONSOLE SHOOTER.

Mouse users get bullet magnetism too. Sorry but all this whining is making is sound like you die hard mouse users just want easy kills against controller users cause of the mind set mouse > controller PC master. IF aim assist is reduce or removed all together then there be no reason to use controller with how bad it is and how accurate mouse would be by comparison. Halo is a console shooter that got ported to PC so it was literally designed from the ground up with controller in mind and 343 went in knowing that a lot of players would want controller for a Halo game since again IT IS A CONSOLE SHOOTER.
Please show me any evidence that there is bullet magnetism for mouse? This is flat out wrong and a lie. The entire point of porting over the MCC was to gain a new audience in pc users, but instead they made using the primary method of playing a lesser choice. There is a long history of console shooters that did their due diligence to function on the pc and make mouse and keyboard the defacto choice for aiming. Mouse and keyboard might be more precise but it also takes more effort to learn because there is not handicap system that does part of the aiming and tracking for you.

Keep in mind the thing your defending is an aim assist that is so powerful that it has reticle slowdown through cover. Which is a major red flag when you can see enemies before they pop up and track them in the hardcore competitive mode that doesn't have radar. Something that would require good game sense and practice as well as a bit of luck is just handed to the player via a system that gives them a tangible advantage.

Using a controller in this game is the equivalent of using the kiddie lanes in bowling then gloating to normal players about your perfect score. An fps that doesn't reward people who actually want to learn how to aim is a joke.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 85