Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 85
As someone who plays both, but mainly controller, I do agree controller needs a little nerf. Just make the aim assist the same as it is on xbox. Especially right now when kbm still needs work.
iWoody FGC wrote:
As someone who plays both, but mainly controller, I do agree controller needs a little nerf. Just make the aim assist the same as it is on xbox. Especially right now when kbm still needs work.
That's the funny part, there has been rumor that any aim assist is exactly the same as it was in the original release of the game (for future crossplay reasons, they have to be). I personally don't know as this is my first time playing Reach, but from what I remember from CE, 2, and 3 on Xbox, it feels very similar.
Ziero1986 wrote:
iWoody FGC wrote:
That's the funny part, there has been rumor that any aim assist is exactly the same as it was in the original release of the game (for future crossplay reasons, they have to be). I personally don't know as this is my first time playing Reach, but from what I remember from CE, 2, and 3 on Xbox, it feels very similar.
Which is why 343 is NOT going to touch the controller on both platforms. The only input they will adjust is Keyboard and Mouse, which is the new input for this game on the PC now. If the PC users are going to keep crying about this function on Controller, then add in Aim-Assist for the Mouse then to match them on an equal playing field. Or if not that (which every PC user seems to be against) then work on your aiming more against the controller players, its still early on in the release.
Honestly, i have spent a good amount of time with both at this point and really, i dont think you can change the aim assist for the controller. It would mess up so many people who have put hours and hours into working on their shot and screw it all up. However, i do feel like something does need to change. I am not a novice with KBM but i do definitely struggle against players who are obviously using a controller and it does kindle a little bit of rage. If i personally were to change anything i think it would have to be on the KBM side of things. I would either add a tiny amount of aim assist or increase the bullet magnetism for KBM. Very little though. It would be really easy to tip the scales too far in the other direction if you are not careful.
Ziero1986 wrote:
iWoody FGC wrote:
Which is why 343 is NOT going to touch the controller on both platforms. The only input they will adjust is Keyboard and Mouse, which is the new input for this game on the PC now. If the PC users are going to keep crying about this function on Controller, then add in Aim-Assist for the Mouse then to match them on an equal playing field. Or if not that (which every PC user seems to be against) then work on your aiming more against the controller players, its still early on in the release.
I have made a video to compare 360 and PC version of AA on Halo Reach. And in the video we can see that : The AA isn't the same and he is more powerfull on PC than 360. And it's not the only thing that has been affected. I made a topic when I wake up for this I thinks.

But, add an AA on M/K is the worst Idea ever. Do you play with M/K on any other game ? The AA on M/K is going to confuse your brain. On a controller thisn't the case because the movement is linear, but with M/K It’s a shift by point like the view.
FeasibleTV wrote:
Can all you mouse users just stop the whining already ? Controllers are fine you just need to get used to playing Halo on PC. This isn't another generic FPS game after like CoD.
I know right? The people complaining HAVE to be the ones that are new to mouse/keyboard aim.
Been playing PC Shooters for a while. Controller aim assist is busted as hell. You can out play it sure, its easy, but I was dominating with a controller against seasoned M&KB players. I don't want aim assist to be gone, obviously, it just needs to be tuned so its not so easy to land headshots. Team Hardcore is riddled with controller using people, because of how spot on the aim assist is.
In competitive you have to keep your distance, mostly. As soon as you pin point the controller players you HAVE to avoid close range because you will lose 99.99% of the time. Mid-range you can outplay, long range you will win majority of the time. If AA is to be nerfed or removed in comp playlist it will render controller users obsolete which is the case on most PC titles. Controller is garbage and always has been.
I shouldn't have to change how i've played for 15 years because of something that's not working to form. Thats the games fault, not mine. What makes Halo so attractive as a shooter is that any play style is viable, if you stick to just one, you basically got that new Call of Duty game lmao.
Still hard to kill as fast as controllers players do but im definitely improving each day :) i still feel the mouse is just weird
dude look at my service record, how is this even possible that i am this bad, i am at disability level somehow with mouse and keyboard in halo, but im great at other shooters. i do have many years of experience with halo on console as well.
dude look at my service record, how is this even possible that i am this bad, i am at disability level somehow with mouse and keyboard in halo, but im great at other shooters. i do have many years of experience with halo on console as well.
What is your game mode ?
What is your game mode ?
hardcore team comp
is this rly a problem? im being called out for using a controller almost every game but in reality i dont even own a controller. i have like 20kills/game avg overall. ive been playing with kb + mouse for years and don't rly see how controller could be better than kb + mouse.
Not to offend, but I think that might be some of the issue. Halo is not other shooters. Your MnK skill in one FPS does not translate automatically to Halo (or other FPS for that matter). Just like any other FPS, it takes time for players to adjust, but because a couple of pro players/well known streamers have said the controller aim assist is OP, that's the bandwagon everyone is jumping on. No one is stopping to consider that they need time to adjust, or that MnK is a bit sluggish and needs fixing too. Just blame it on the controller players who are (or were at one point) playing Halo already with a controller, so it causes this clash.

I'm not denying that the aim assist is unfair, but this is a similar argument that came up when Apex Legends launched and the streamers/pros figured out Apex Legends PC had controller aim assist as well. I'm not sure how other FPS titles are handling crossplay atm, but I feel like the only viable way to fix this on MCC is to have input based matchmaking, where its controller vs controller, and MnK vs MnK, with an option to opt-in to all matchmaking. I've heard that the new CoD: MW does this, but I don't know for myself because I haven't played it.
Ziero1986 wrote:
Not to offend, but I think that might be some of the issue. Halo is not other shooters. Your MnK skill in one FPS does not translate automatically to Halo (or other FPS for that matter). Just like any other FPS, it takes time for players to adjust, but because a couple of pro players/well known streamers have said the controller aim assist is OP, that's the bandwagon everyone is jumping on. No one is stopping to consider that they need time to adjust, or that MnK is a bit sluggish and needs fixing too. Just blame it on the controller players who are (or were at one point) playing Halo already with a controller, so it causes this clash.

I'm not denying that the aim assist is unfair, but this is a similar argument that came up when Apex Legends launched and the streamers/pros figured out Apex Legends PC had controller aim assist as well. I'm not sure how other FPS titles are handling crossplay atm, but I feel like the only viable way to fix this on MCC is to have input based matchmaking, where its controller vs controller, and MnK vs MnK, with an option to opt-in to all matchmaking. I've heard that the new CoD: MW does this, but I don't know for myself because I haven't played it.
You skipped over me saying I have years of experience in halo. I don't really know what the issue is at its core, but it isn't very fun to play. The only way it doesnt work out to be some sort of issue with the inputs or game itself is simply that the halo community contains the best of the best exclusively, because this is every single round. Which is of course not true. I am inevitably playing against people who have less experience with halo than I do on occasion, and its the same. You do realize that you can spoof your mouse in to a controller with software and receive aim assist on your mouse right? People are already doing it. I am convinced that there is some very foul play at work here. I am not the type to say that the game is against me, I play a ton of competitive games and understand what it is like to be worse than someone else. This is not the same and I want a statement from 343, who undoubtedly have statistics that show what is really happening, and I want some kind of change. It may not be as simple as aim assist alone, but it is playing a big part in my problems with the game.
Ziero1986 wrote:

You skipped over me saying I have years of experience in halo. I don't really know what the issue is at its core, but it isn't very fun to play. The only way it doesnt work out to be some sort of issue with the inputs or game itself is simply that the halo community contains the best of the best exclusively, because this is every single round. Which is of course not true. I am inevitably playing against people who have less experience with halo than I do on occasion, and its the same. You do realize that you can spoof your mouse in to a controller with software and receive aim assist on your mouse right? People are already doing it. I am convinced that there is some very foul play at work here. I am not the type to say that the game is against me, I play a ton of competitive games and understand what it is like to be worse than someone else. This is not the same and I want a statement from 343, who undoubtedly have statistics that show what is really happening, and I want some kind of change. It may not be as simple as aim assist alone, but it is playing a big part in my problems with the game.
and wouldn't be surprised some the window lickers that use XIM on Xbox aren't already using XIM here now
iWoody FGC wrote:
It already is and aim assist is not gonna be touched because 343 wants cross platform play with Xbox.
Jere4397 wrote:
is this rly a problem? im being called out for using a controller almost every game but in reality i dont even own a controller. i have like 20kills/game avg overall. ive been playing with kb + mouse for years and don't rly see how controller could be better than kb + mouse.
You should plug in a controller and find out before assuming. I use both and there is a difference. mainly being the Player magnetism.
Are you playing Hardcore?
Ziero1986 wrote:
iWoody FGC wrote:
This is the single most ridiculous argument from controller players.

kBm UsERs JUsT nEEd tO gIT gUd.

While controller users need assistance to remain relevant. You literally can't take it away because controller is such a dog -Yoink- input method.
Spyro v1 wrote:
Auzzy26 wrote:
Its the bullet magnetism that irks me. It feels like controller players shots are much more forgiving than my shots. Correct me if i`m wrong but do controller players have bigger headshot hitboxes than mouse and keyboard players? Also I can very easily tell when someone is on controller. They can just spam their Dmr while hitting headshots. The bloom does not seem to affect their shots as much.
In my experience, I haven't faced a single player who hit every bloom shot randomly, consistently anyways.
The hitboxes are the same.
Also there is bullet magnetism on both inputs.

AFAIK kb/m does still need improvement in regards to input delay which might be a reason why its more forgiving on controller over mouse.
I do much better in hardcore mode with no bloom. I played reach on 360 and now that i`m using a kb/m the bloom seems much much worse.
D dawgy wrote:
xHiLit3x wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
xHiLit3x wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
xHiLit3x wrote:
You guys need to stop being whiny B’s and man up. If you’re playing KBM and are complaining, then you straight up suck! Get good kid! I’ve used both inputs and am fairly equal statistically on both. Lower your DPI and adjust your sensitivity. You should always have superior aim on KBM if you practice. My teammate outscores all controller players every single game with a KBM and he has no complaints about auto-aim. If you still want to cry about auto-aim on controller, then go play with the casuals in Big Team Battle LMAO!
This sentiment is the reason why Halo will remain mediocre.
Halo will remain mediocre due to poor design choices, not because of controller auto-aim. And last i checked, there was nothing wrong with mediocracy. Most gamers have mediocre stats unless you game for a living which is less than about 1% of the gaming community. It makes more sense to tailor games for 99% of the community than the 1% that do it for a living. So a mediocre game for mediocre players, seems fair to me.
Oh ya, i'm sure 343i wants to keep their game mediocre. Honestly, one of the stupidest things i've read in a while.
You apparently know nothing about Marketing Strategies. Notice how most of the top streamers aren’t even in pro circuits. They’re great players, but not the best in the world. Sometimes it pays more not to be the best. All about tailoring to the majority of your community. You think they really care about less than a couple hundred people that are crying about nonsense When there’s millions out there that are happy with the game the way it is? You need to get off your high horse aaaaaaand.......GET GOOD KID!
Notice how probably the top streamer (Summit) has already made his position clear on controller AA.

Notice how Halo went from #3 most played on steam to not even top 10 in less than a week.

Notice how Halo still can't consistently get more than 5k viewers total on twitch.

Helluva marketing strategy. Hopefully they have more success with Halo infinite on PC.
Notice how Halo Reach is almost a 10 year old game. There’s currently way better shooters and more competitive games out there. The short life span of this was inevitable
no matter what. They got the sales and $$$. That’s all that matters. So yea, marketing strategy worked perfectly. They released Reach 3 separate times and sold millions of copies each time. Most people bought the original, then bought MCC for Console, and now bought MCC for PC. That....is....MARKETING!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 85