Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. ...
  9. 63
Tohur wrote:
Halo is and always has been a controller based game. If you're that hardcore that you want to sacrifice feel/fun for headshots, then you'll probably be moving on to something more competitive.

Leave AA as is--it's already reduced from the original game as far as I can tell. Certainly the aim magnetism is reduced. Even campaign is more difficult now. I have tried both and find them balanced.

Tip: if you are getting wrecked on PC with a mouse, you're actually just bad. Sorry.
Actually not true at all... CE was a PC game. And a top level controller player will beat out a top level k+m player simply because the game will assist them in tracking headshots. Skill is irrelevant to this criticism.
The whole fight with K+M being the better option in every other FPS is because of the precise aim it can achieve unlike controller. I think the reason controller players are dominating is because they’ve been playing Halo since 360 some since the OG Xbox. They are use to how the game works/how the maps works/ and how the game feels. They have that distinct advantage over people who haven’t played Halo since CE on PC
Dude a lot of people here have been playing since CE on console like myself... We know the game. That is not the problem here. The distinct advantage here is the auto aim on controller is just better.
I been playing for 18 damn years since 2001. it funny when all these noobs (compared to us old school players) come in try tell us how things were or should be lol
Yup! Apparently us old Halo heads don't know Jack about the game. Plain and simple the issue here is this is Halo on PC and we want to play it as intended. If I want to use a controller I'll buy a console. I don't want to be forced to use an input(controller) that I don't want to because it's just better. When even the Halo pros agree that aim assist needs to tuned there's an issue(and that's top level of play).
xHiLit3x wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
xHiLit3x wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
xHiLit3x wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
xHiLit3x wrote:
You guys need to stop being whiny B’s and man up. If you’re playing KBM and are complaining, then you straight up suck! Get good kid! I’ve used both inputs and am fairly equal statistically on both. Lower your DPI and adjust your sensitivity. You should always have superior aim on KBM if you practice. My teammate outscores all controller players every single game with a KBM and he has no complaints about auto-aim. If you still want to cry about auto-aim on controller, then go play with the casuals in Big Team Battle LMAO!
This sentiment is the reason why Halo will remain mediocre.
Halo will remain mediocre due to poor design choices, not because of controller auto-aim. And last i checked, there was nothing wrong with mediocracy. Most gamers have mediocre stats unless you game for a living which is less than about 1% of the gaming community. It makes more sense to tailor games for 99% of the community than the 1% that do it for a living. So a mediocre game for mediocre players, seems fair to me.
Oh ya, i'm sure 343i wants to keep their game mediocre. Honestly, one of the stupidest things i've read in a while.
You apparently know nothing about Marketing Strategies. Notice how most of the top streamers aren’t even in pro circuits. They’re great players, but not the best in the world. Sometimes it pays more not to be the best. All about tailoring to the majority of your community. You think they really care about less than a couple hundred people that are crying about nonsense When there’s millions out there that are happy with the game the way it is? You need to get off your high horse aaaaaaand.......GET GOOD KID!
Notice how probably the top streamer (Summit) has already made his position clear on controller AA.

Notice how Halo went from #3 most played on steam to not even top 10 in less than a week.

Notice how Halo still can't consistently get more than 5k viewers total on twitch.

Helluva marketing strategy. Hopefully they have more success with Halo infinite on PC.
Notice how Halo Reach is almost a 10 year old game. There’s currently way better shooters and more competitive games out there. The short life span of this was inevitable
no matter what. They got the sales and $$$. That’s all that matters. So yea, marketing strategy worked perfectly. They released Reach 3 separate times and sold millions of copies each time. Most people bought the original, then bought MCC for Console, and now bought MCC for PC. That....is....MARKETING!
I disagree. I don't think this game's life span was always certain to be short.

Also, it's almost like you're praising 343i for being "marketing geniuses", but you could've given a computer to a monkey, taught him to type "Halo PC coming December 3!" and fanboys would've lost their -Yoink- regardless. It was not hard to create hype for Halo on PC. Because, I mean c'mon, its frieken HALO ON PC.

Remember the Reach launch trailer? It was halfed -Yoink- and generic, but that's all it needed to be.

My 3-year old son could've been the head of 343i's marketing division and sold just as many copies.

let's not lie to ourselves, it wasn't marketing that sold this game. The game sold itself. Just because you can scream something from the top of your lungs, doesn't make it true.

And how many PC customers did they lose when they realized you have to use a controller on PC to remain competitive? I, for one, am thankful i only purchased the Reach for $10 because i will not buy any other games in the collection when they come to PC, unless they fix the AA on controller.

I weep for the future of Halo Infinite on PC when they have a development team as clueless as 343i.
The almighty Naded has spoke again and if this is how he feels game is dead on PC lol. game didn't hit 40k yesterday and struggling to hit 30k today. 343i fix your -Yoink- because even your HCS partners are saying its broken! https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousHeadstrongDumplingsPermaSmug
Aim assist absolutely needs a nerf. Call up the Eldewrito team if you need advice, or just don't pair controller players with m&kb players.
Aim assist absolutely needs a nerf. Call up the Eldewrito team if you need advice, or just don't pair controller players with m&kb players.
or I could care less if people want to use contoller but how bout we troll them and turn it off in Hardcore so they think they going in with a advantage but get rekt cause no AA as it should be lol.
Tohur wrote:
The almighty Naded has spoke again and if this is how he feels game is dead on PC lol. game didn't hit 40k yesterday and struggling to hit 30k today. 343i fix your -Yoink- because even your HCS partners are saying its broken! https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousHeadstrongDumplingsPermaSmug
Finally
My 2 cents but i kinda think that if they modify the starting weapons from DMR to AR in certain game types this may alleviate some of the Aim assist problem. Controller gets easier head shots with the DMR in general, where if we were back to the AR start they wouldn't have the advantage. Cause in close quarters KB+M would definitely win.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealDullDonkeyOMGScoots
just a little something naded said about aim assist
https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealDullDonkeyOMGScoots
just a little something naded said about aim assist
Naded will be the savior of the PC community if they -Yoinking!- listen to him. That coming from a Halo Pro thats been playing on Controller for years and yet unlike all these controller window lickers atm he knows it aint right to be coming in here on a controller rekting Mouse players and he a -Yoinking!- Pro saying this. everytime one those window lickers make an excuse for Aim assist we need to spam them with that clip!
Tohur wrote:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealDullDonkeyOMGScoots
just a little something naded said about aim assist
Naded will be the savior of the PC community if they -Yoinking!- listen to him. That coming from a Halo Pro thats been playing on Controller for years and yet unlike all these controller window lickers atm he knows it aint right to be coming in here on a controller rekting Mouse players and he a -Yoinking!- Pro saying this. everytime one those window lickers make an excuse for Aim assist we need to spam them with that clip!
He's also regarded as one of the best players to play the game too. means a lot. hopefully Ninja weighs in next. he prolly will
Tohur wrote:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealDullDonkeyOMGScoots
just a little something naded said about aim assist
Naded will be the savior of the PC community if they -Yoinking!- listen to him. That coming from a Halo Pro thats been playing on Controller for years and yet unlike all these controller window lickers atm he knows it aint right to be coming in here on a controller rekting Mouse players and he a -Yoinking!- Pro saying this. everytime one those window lickers make an excuse for Aim assist we need to spam them with that clip!
Spamming them isn't going to be an answer there just yoke you out the door if you spam them. I mean unless that what you want to see though feel free to message one of them just once so they see that video. and

P.S. when I hear you say Yoinks all the time among all these people all I think off is shaggy from Scooby doo lol Just had to say it.
Tohur wrote:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealDullDonkeyOMGScoots
just a little something naded said about aim assist
Naded will be the savior of the PC community if they -Yoinking!- listen to him. That coming from a Halo Pro thats been playing on Controller for years and yet unlike all these controller window lickers atm he knows it aint right to be coming in here on a controller rekting Mouse players and he a -Yoinking!- Pro saying this. everytime one those window lickers make an excuse for Aim assist we need to spam them with that clip!
Spamming them isn't going to be an answer there just yoke you out the door if you spam them. I mean unless that what you want to see though feel free to message one of them just once so they see that video. and

P.S. when I hear you say Yoinks all the time among all these people all I think off is shaggy from Scooby doo lol Just had to say it.
the Yoinks is the forum censoring me LOL
Tohur wrote:
Tohur wrote:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealDullDonkeyOMGScoots
just a little something naded said about aim assist
Naded will be the savior of the PC community if they -Yoinking!- listen to him. That coming from a Halo Pro thats been playing on Controller for years and yet unlike all these controller window lickers atm he knows it aint right to be coming in here on a controller rekting Mouse players and he a -Yoinking!- Pro saying this. everytime one those window lickers make an excuse for Aim assist we need to spam them with that clip!
Spamming them isn't going to be an answer there just yoke you out the door if you spam them. I mean unless that what you want to see though feel free to message one of them just once so they see that video. and

P.S. when I hear you say Yoinks all the time among all these people all I think off is shaggy from Scooby doo lol Just had to say it.
the Yoinks is the forum censoring me LOL
Ohh ok I thought you were doing it on purpose lol I kept thinking well that's new and I never see anyone use the word in my life using that word so thanks for clearing that up lol
"I don't even feel like I'm accomplishing anything [while using controller]." - Naded
That's all you need right there. Controller is literally so easy in this game it's not even satisfying to get a perfect 5 with it. Getting a perfect 5 on mouse input feels hella satisfying because it's so freaking hard to do. The probability of missing at least one shot is incredibly high on MKB.
I primarily use controller and I don't feel any aim assist. I'll shoot right next to someones ear and the "assist" won't budge an inch to help. I'm using a wired 360 gamestop controller so does that have something to do with me not getting any assist? Or is this whole thing just being exaggerated?
liethius wrote:
I primarily use controller and I don't feel any aim assist. I'll shoot right next to someones ear and the "assist" won't budge an inch to help. I'm using a wired 360 gamestop controller so does that have something to do with me not getting any assist? Or is this whole thing just being exaggerated?
Are you from planet Earth? And my second question is have you used a mouse and keyboard?
liethius wrote:
I primarily use controller and I don't feel any aim assist. I'll shoot right next to someones ear and the "assist" won't budge an inch to help. I'm using a wired 360 gamestop controller so does that have something to do with me not getting any assist? Or is this whole thing just being exaggerated?
1) Get really close to your opponent
2) Move your reticle across their body back and forth many times
3) Try the exact same motion to your own teammate
4) If you still don't really notice it, try battling your own teammate in a 1v1 close range and try to kill them
liethius wrote:
I primarily use controller and I don't feel any aim assist. I'll shoot right next to someones ear and the "assist" won't budge an inch to help. I'm using a wired 360 gamestop controller so does that have something to do with me not getting any assist? Or is this whole thing just being exaggerated?
Are you from planet Earth? And my second question is have you used a mouse and keyboard?
I used mouse and keyboard, I just prefer controller in this game. It just feels like a controller kinda game to me

liethius wrote:
I primarily use controller and I don't feel any aim assist. I'll shoot right next to someones ear and the "assist" won't budge an inch to help. I'm using a wired 360 gamestop controller so does that have something to do with me not getting any assist? Or is this whole thing just being exaggerated?
1) Get really close to your opponent
2) Move your reticle across their body back and forth many times
3) Try the exact same motion to your own teammate
4) If you still don't really notice it, try battling your own teammate in a 1v1 close range and try to kill them
In team slayer I was right infront of an enemy above him. I was ontop of a edge guard on a bridge. I jumped and looked down to shoot him in the head, but I kept missing and shooting right next to him. Meanwhile he shot my feet enough for me to die while I missed every head shot. That's not blaming the game, I was sucking BIG time in that scenario. Although I was also testing this aim assist thing people keep talking about. It 100% does not work for me. I play on a laptop so maybe even know i'm using a controller, the keyboard and mouse are still active/overriding the game making it think it's mouse and keyboard in a way.
At this point using a controller should be considered cheating. I've used bot KBM and controller extensively and at this point there's a night and day difference. I'm able to make shots with the controller that are next to impossible with KBM because the game is built around bullet magnetism and without it you're at a distinct disadvantage. I've noticed that most weapons just don't land hits on KBM unless you have laser precision. Needler needles barely even seem to home on targets with the mouse. Whereas with a controller the gun practically aims itself. It's a fundamental imbalance that's negating the entire point of having a PC port of Halo. Sure, lots of players are more comfy on controller and that's fine. Sure they need a bit of a handicap to not get DESTROYED by KBM, but the bullet magnetism is approaching aimbot levels of brokenness. I'm able to do well with KBM about 60% of the time but I'm consistently MVP whenever I use a controller. That's not a good thing. That's a broken design choice.
This isn't a case of "Get gud scrub" because well...I AM good. TOO good. Good in a way that I shouldn't be in the context of the platform. Lower that bullet magnetism and just plug your ears when the controller diehards cry. I don't care. This is PC. Learn how to actually aim or just buy a console.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection 2 weeks after . Shame for Halo 4.52 pm only 41,585 players !!! M/kB no way to play v/s controler ! I feel like i play with the cheater = aimboter-controler !

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. ...
  9. 63