Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 85
Man, some of you guys must either be insane, or are having problems aiming or something. And I'm TRULY not trying to sound elitist or rude or anything...apologies if I am.

But, no. Controller aim assist needs to stay as is. Mouse aim feels perfect now, so there's no excuse for not getting better. I'm currently dominating with mouse in MP. If feels fantastic. Nerfing controller will just simply gut controller usage in the game, completely closing the idea of console crossplay. Please stop with these nonsensical complaints. Mouse aim is far better than controller aim currently.
I feel the same. I don't feel like controller at all as any advantage over someone playing with M&K. I say this as disarmingly as possible but I think if someone who is regularly getting beat using M&K by others using controller (if you can somehow even prove that) I would say it first is a player skill issue before it is a controller aim assist issue.

Disclaimer: I have not seen any hard proof of the supposed very strong controller aim assist on PC if it exists so I do reserve some judgement upon review of that - if someone has any video proof or what have you please share.
I feel the same. I don't feel like controller at all as any advantage over someone playing with M&K..
yeah you are right, there is absolutely no autolock with a controller lmao /s

players cant be this delusional
Headshot
Headshot
Headshot
Headshot
means that I am playing with aimbots, that I am playing world series or that this is clearly an issue?
Come on guys is absolutely obvious that there is a problem with controllers, 100% headshots means that people don't have to aim for the head. I seriously do not understand how you guys can say that this is normal, I could also be the worst Halo player in the world but I have played nearly 6 years of CE and I have seen this only with aimbots on.

PS: I have never played with a controller in my entire life, tried today and ended game way better than with K&M

Peace
I find this conversation wholly disheartening, considering how many people here must be veteran players. The aim assistance and bullet magnetism on the controller currently is extremely significant. Close range vs KB+M users is a complete joke, the odds are that a decent strafe WILL make them miss several shots whereas their strafe is almost entirely dealt with by the aim assist. It's not even close at the moment.

The console experience is okay, but honestly, it feels too sticky to me. It feels easier to aim than previous halo games, and after trying out both KB+M and controller it's pretty shocking how big the disadvantage is when you're on KB+M (and I play Apex and CS:GO as my main games until Halo dropped.).

Overall, the game feels really great and if I just have to keep using a controller to be competitive I'm okay with that. The scene will decide what is best. That said, anyone trying to say that the controller doesn't have the advantage either hasn't tried KB+M and isn't fully aware of how much the game is assisting them, or they just don't want to see their tool of choice get nerfed.

TLDR - Tone down the stickiness on controllers, or post an announcement saying that it's not going to happen so we can all pick up some sticks and get back to halo.
The problem is there is no real solution to this. Controller users need aim assist. It's simply unusable without it. And splitting the population in half by separating them is a bad idea. MCC also allows for seamlessly switching between m+kb and controller. So you'd need specific playlists that disable controller use entirely.. It's just a horrible solution. So the reality is that this isn't going to change. Deal with it the best you can or switch to controller.

With that said, the people saying controller offers no advantage are 100% wrong. The aim assist is extremely aggressive. Please listen to the people who have used both and can easily tell when controller is beating kb+m in so many situations.
My transition to Reach on PC was seamless as I had already been playing custom edition on pc.
The fact of the matter is that this game had 130k viewers on twitch day 1, like 13k on day 2, and as of posting this only has 4.5k viewers. If this issue is not immediately dealt with, the game will be dead 2 weeks from now. What you people need to realize is that there are not this many "delusional" kb/m players. Players with competitive backgrounds think there is a huge problem with aim assist. Playing the game in its current state is like playing against a bunch of aimbots. It's not about learning. It's not about getting better. Obviously with enough skill and game knowledge you can overcome aim assist just like you would be able to beat any other cheater in an FPS. Why should you have to compete with cheaters?

If console players are so confident that kb/m players just need to "get good" and are just "crying" because they're losing to controller players...then remove aim assist and see what happens. Oh wait, then they'll be "crying" that it's unfair. For the record, I plugged in a controller and performed way better than I did with a kb/m while having never played an fps with a controller and I have 15+ years of playing competitive FPSes with kb/m. Playing with a controller is actually a joke.

And don't say "then just use a controller" because: what's the point? It's not a measure of skill at that point, only who starts shooting first. I'm not interested in playing "who can cheat better???", and I have no problem just not playing the game at all.
bamboohpc wrote:
Man, some of you guys must either be insane, or are having problems aiming or something. And I'm TRULY not trying to sound elitist or rude or anything...apologies if I am.

But, no. Controller aim assist needs to stay as is. Mouse aim feels perfect now, so there's no excuse for not getting better. I'm currently dominating with mouse in MP. If feels fantastic. Nerfing controller will just simply gut controller usage in the game, completely closing the idea of console crossplay. Please stop with these nonsensical complaints. Mouse aim is far better than controller aim currently.
Are you dominating social games at rank 1? Keep playing ranked hardcore 4v4 with MKB (your teammates have to use MKB as well) and report back to me after a week.
Based on your service record, you haven't even played Reach yet. Get outta here. Feel free to look mine, though. This is from me almost exlusively using mouse. Competitive will be even easier with mouse aim, as bloom isn't even in it, so what's your point on me not playing hardcore yet?
Haha, this is the gamer tag I'm using. You are rank 2 in hardcore, are you serious? I stopped playing hardcore because it's just filled with controller aimbotters that should be playing on console instead. My last 20 games I've been playing social; sure it's better because all of the scrubs are there (both controller and MKB). But I would rather play hardcore because I like competing. Unfortunately, the highest level of competition in this game currently involves using a handicapped input with a literal aimbot, which is a turnoff to me and many others.
The problem is there is no real solution to this. Controller users need aim assist. It's simply unusable without it. And splitting the population in half by separating them is a bad idea. MCC also allows for seamlessly switching between m+kb and controller. So you'd need specific playlists that disable controller use entirely.. It's just a horrible solution. So the reality is that this isn't going to change. Deal with it the best you can or switch to controller.

With that said, the people saying controller offers no advantage are 100% wrong. The aim assist is extremely aggressive. Please listen to the people who have used both and can easily tell when controller is beating kb+m in so many situations.
Splitting hardcore matchmaking by input is 100x better than your entire MKB population just flat out quitting.
bam9762 wrote:
The problem is there is no real solution to this. Controller users need aim assist. It's simply unusable without it. And splitting the population in half by separating them is a bad idea. MCC also allows for seamlessly switching between m+kb and controller. So you'd need specific playlists that disable controller use entirely.. It's just a horrible solution. So the reality is that this isn't going to change. Deal with it the best you can or switch to controller.

With that said, the people saying controller offers no advantage are 100% wrong. The aim assist is extremely aggressive. Please listen to the people who have used both and can easily tell when controller is beating kb+m in so many situations.
Splitting hardcore matchmaking by input is 100x better than your entire MKB population just flat out quitting.
Lol the entire MnK community quitting? Holy -Yoink-. I’m using mouse n keyboard and destroying rn. Have any of you ever played competitively in halo before?
JeT TaK wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
The problem is there is no real solution to this. Controller users need aim assist. It's simply unusable without it. And splitting the population in half by separating them is a bad idea. MCC also allows for seamlessly switching between m+kb and controller. So you'd need specific playlists that disable controller use entirely.. It's just a horrible solution. So the reality is that this isn't going to change. Deal with it the best you can or switch to controller.

With that said, the people saying controller offers no advantage are 100% wrong. The aim assist is extremely aggressive. Please listen to the people who have used both and can easily tell when controller is beating kb+m in so many situations.
Splitting hardcore matchmaking by input is 100x better than your entire MKB population just flat out quitting.
Lol the entire MnK community quitting? Holy -Yoink-. I’m using mouse n keyboard and destroying rn. Have any of you ever played competitively in halo before?
Competitive is kinda a joke and made ten times easier with a controller, there's no point in even trying with a mouse and keyboard when you can sit back and just tap fire. But you keep pretending like your the top 1% of the MnK community man, I'm sure everyone believes you.
<p>&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
JeT TaK wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
The problem is there is no real solution to this. Controller users need aim assist. It's simply unusable without it. And splitting the population in half by separating them is a bad idea. MCC also allows for seamlessly switching between m+kb and controller. So you'd need specific playlists that disable controller use entirely.. It's just a horrible solution. So the reality is that this isn't going to change. Deal with it the best you can or switch to controller.

With that said, the people saying controller offers no advantage are 100% wrong. The aim assist is extremely aggressive. Please listen to the people who have used both and can easily tell when controller is beating kb+m in so many situations.
Splitting hardcore matchmaking by input is 100x better than your entire MKB population just flat out quitting.
Lol the entire MnK community quitting? Holy -Yoink-. I’m using mouse n keyboard and destroying rn. Have any of you ever played competitively in halo before?
You're flat out lying or delusional if you think you are consistently out shooting a controller player in this game. Who are you playing with in hardcore? 3 other controller players?

Sorry to burst your little bubble, but there are a ton of other competitive FPS games that do not legitimize controller aim bots in competitive setting. Competitive MKB players will not keep playing this game for long if there is no input based matchmaking or a change to aim assist.

Not going to name names, but I watched several former and current pro halo players that switched to MKB yesterday and they suddenly turned from being "pros" to just average players. Obviously their game sense and map awareness is still at a high level, but seeing as this is a first person shooter, the primary skill is being able to out shoot your opponent. When 5 shot kills are no longer a guarantee it actually changes your game completely.
Since 343 isnt probably gonna change the aim assist strength I suggest that when the custom game browser becomes open we just bump up the default movement speed, since aim assist isnt auto aim, it probably would have a harder time keeping up with faster movement
Quote:
this is a well documented case by many pro players and other members of the community.
I think what would really help this conversation out is if this documentation was posted in the OP. Instead of a back and forth of "git gud" and "you don't understand" we could have some solid evidence to go off of.

Because right now I'm forced to be extremely skeptical of the 'controller is OP' claim because short of firing up a custom game with friends there is no guaranteed way to verify what your opponents in matchmaking are using.

I'd just like to see evidence. I followed one link posted earlier in this thread and the person was talking mostly about how each of them felt, not how they perform.

Tl;dr -

Evidence please.

Edit: Lets keep it civil, please. I see a lot of little jabs here and there, so lets keep it from escalating. Thanks.
Imo the aim stickyness isn't a problem, but bullet magnetism is. Basically, if you can shoot at someone's chest but still get a headshot that's a big problem. I've gone back and forth between controller and m/kb and controller gives you a huge advantage in that you don't have to be perfectly accurate to score headshots making it far easier to move evasively while still scoring effective hits. I really hope 343 looks into this because honestly, saying it effects a feature that isn't implemented is not an excuse for inaction regarding an issue effecting players right now. There must be options for modifying, or changing the current aim assist features so that cross play remains an option in the future, without giving a massive advantage to controller users. Maybe aim assist based on platform detection, or opt in crossplay like Call of Duty: MW does.
Abraham Slam The magnetism isn't just pulling bullets to someone's head. Aim above their head and you'll miss. The bullet doesn't go right to the middle of your reticule. It has randomized spread that can cause it to hit the head sometimes. If you learn to strafe and _when_ to jump in the middle of a fight, you won't lose your 1v1s regardless of your input device.
Halo is and always has been a controller based game. If you're that hardcore that you want to sacrifice feel/fun for headshots, then you'll probably be moving on to something more competitive. That doesn't even begin to get into the aim assist profile which is actually fine.

Leave AA as is--it's already reduced from the original game as far as I can tell. Certainly the aim magnetism is reduced. Even campaign is more difficult now. I have tried both and find them balanced.

Tip: if you are getting wrecked on PC with a mouse, you're actually just bad. Sorry.

SMH--people wanting to make a controller based shooter literally impossible for controller users to play.
Go play it on xbox. LOL
a Condor wrote:
Abraham Slam The magnetism isn't just pulling bullets to someone's head. Aim above their head and you'll miss. The bullet doesn't go right to the middle of your reticule. It has randomized spread that can cause it to hit the head sometimes. If you learn to strafe and _when_ to jump in the middle of a fight, you won't lose your 1v1s regardless of your input device.
I've played using both mouse and keyboard and using controllers. I can almost guarantee that a controller user will win the majority of the time. Don't think I've missed a single headshot using a controller, and if I have, it's been very minimal when using a controller. Honestly believe they should nerf aim assist for controllers. Don't want to be that guy but if people want to use a controller then they should be able to deal with the reduced aim assist or move to console where controllers are more prominent.

If not remove aim assist, add an option to opt-in or out of playing with controller users, similar to call of duty modern warfare.
Either gut it or give mouse and keyboard players aim assist/bullet magnetism. It's absolute BS that a PC game should receive catering to a console crowd when it's a (wait for it) PC game. Also, the game needs to be tuned to function on PC. I cant put my finger on but it feels like they ported the game to work on PC, but made 0 changes to make it work like a PC shooter. That said, I understand its launch and probably some Microsoft pressure, but some things need to be hot fixed, aim assist included.
The fact of the matter is that this game had 130k viewers on twitch day 1, like 13k on day 2, and as of posting this only has 4.5k viewers. If this issue is not immediately dealt with, the game will be dead 2 weeks from now. What you people need to realize is that there are not this many "delusional" kb/m players. Players with competitive backgrounds think there is a huge problem with aim assist. Playing the game in its current state is like playing against a bunch of aimbots. It's not about learning. It's not about getting better. Obviously with enough skill and game knowledge you can overcome aim assist just like you would be able to beat any other cheater in an FPS. Why should you have to compete with cheaters?

If console players are so confident that kb/m players just need to "get good" and are just "crying" because they're losing to controller players...then remove aim assist and see what happens. Oh wait, then they'll be "crying" that it's unfair. For the record, I plugged in a controller and performed way better than I did with a kb/m while having never played an fps with a controller and I have 15+ years of playing competitive FPSes with kb/m. Playing with a controller is actually a joke.

And don't say "then just use a controller" because: what's the point? It's not a measure of skill at that point, only who starts shooting first. I'm not interested in playing "who can cheat better???", and I have no problem just not playing the game at all.
Seriously. this is just pathetic. to think I had hope for this game to be revived and its screwed up right out of the gate
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 85