Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 53
  4. 54
  5. 55
  6. 56
  7. 57
  8. ...
  9. 85
Terg500 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Wonder if people realize that when Halo CE and the other games come out they're going to have the same Aim Assist that Reach has since all the games will be supporting both KBM and Controllers. There's absolutely no way Reach is going to be the only game with it when they feel that it's a necessity for Reach to have...
If that's the case, the game is good as dead.
Just thinking about that now, it really is the best course of action to remove aim assist entirely from Halo. People need to learn how to aim and not have a crutch doing all the work for them.
Toned now, maybe. Removed entirely, not gonna happen:

"Aim Assist / Controller vs. M+KB
We are continuing to investigate ways we can improve this for players on PC while still retaining the necessary functionality for controller players. We know there’s been a lot of feedback around this across the community and we are definitely listening and digging into this on our end. Investigations and discussions are underway internally but we do not have a timeline we can commit to or more information to share quite yet.
The patch we released this week does address an issue that should improve the input performance and experience for M+KB players. We’re eager to hear the community’s feedback, please let us know how this change feels for you."

343 see it as a necessity for Controller players here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-december-2019
If it is REALLY a necessity, then the best-case scenario is to disable it on ranked playlists or implement opt-out options.
If they're interested in Cross Play between consoles and PC in the future, then I doubt they'd consider opt-out options as that would go against the purpose of crossplay. I don't think they'll consider disabling it for ranked either as it's intended to balance out the unfair advantage KBM have against controllers with better precision. The only potential option ( outside of tweaking it to tone it down ) would probably be disabling it, but nerfing KBM so that aiming is more sluggest perhaps and less precise to balance it out instead.
lol by the time cross play is actually functional, the actual player base will be the original controller population playing against each other, either on their PC or Xbox.
Yep. Imagine putting time and effort into porting a game to a whole new platform, only to get the same people playing it as before.
Unless that was their plan from the very beginning. 🤔🤔
I do believe 343i is very incompetent. But I don't think they are stupid. So I doubt that's what they had in mind.
Id say the proof is in the pudding http://puu.sh/EZKFz/b701aac92e.png
https://steamcharts.com/app/976730

at the end of the day the game is on PC and if you want to play controller why aren't you playing on console?
it should have been foreseen from the outset that adding aim assist at all would cause nothing but divide, animosity and yes create an excuse for failure! its called MARRING the experience. always having it in your head that the aim assist is to blame and as we can plainly see nobody is going to suffer it!
the pro twitch players have already been seen getting utterly dominated trying to compete with it, condemning it and uninstalling the game and that in itself is a disaster for 343 because of the overwhelming influence they have.

The other side being "muh crossplay" and fine! that should be the only place you find aim assist! in the hands of CONSOLE players when you voluntarily opt in to crossplay by grouping with a console player i mean its pretty simple!

But it looks like its too late. id be surprised if anyone who isn't a console refugee has a second of their day for any further halo games on PC so well done 343i you killed halo again!
I'm almost certain that there had to be someone at 343i, even if it was just one person, had concerns about including AA on the PC. But I can bet you that they received push down from Microsoft to include controller support to increase sales.

What I believe they didn't account for is the wider implications of future Halo sales on PC if they don't remedy the situation.
At this point. I just don't see any progress of any tweaking to AA or the removal of it. This thread can reach 2k posts and none of us likely will be heard on what is going to be done. As much as I want to see things be fair on here instead of having to choose the method that gives you the easy kills vs raw skills. Which makes me not play the game it just sits here for me waiting for the other release of the series. Will I be keeping halo mcc to play on my pc once I do all the campaigns? Probably not since multiplayer I find no enjoyment on it no thanks to how input methods are unfair.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I remember a few dozen pages back when I commented on how the size of the player base was in part due to AA and 343's failure to quickly adapt.

Here we are, a month from the game's release, and we're down to 10k players peak most days. Sure, everyone expected drop-offs from the release, but I don't know how much longer the game can last. Game modes are going to be restricted/wait times, and the player base will mostly be controller players on PC. Right now, there are 5000 people online - there are more people playing Counter Strike: Source.

I don't think there's anything they can do at this point. The new games will bring a quick rush of people in, but if the AA and general disregard towards PC player's needs continues, they won't stay long-term.
That is a shame. I was just about to pick this up in the steam store but saw this post on the top of the discussions. Completely turned off now and will pass. Not going to buy a shooting game on the PC where I am at a disadvantage to a controller lol. Good to see 343 is still dropping the ball like always. Glad I stopped supporting them after the fiasco of MCC on 360.
That is a shame. I was just about to pick this up in the steam store but saw this post on the top of the discussions. Completely turned off now and will pass. Not going to buy a shooting game on the PC where I am at a disadvantage to a controller lol.
Don't blame you man. Though I didn't buy the game for the multiplayer. I bought it for the campaign. Whats more troubling is you can't even play this game even the campaign with no internet connection. :S
That is a shame. I was just about to pick this up in the steam store but saw this post on the top of the discussions. Completely turned off now and will pass. Not going to buy a shooting game on the PC where I am at a disadvantage to a controller lol. Good to see 343 is still dropping the ball like always. Glad I stopped supporting them after the fiasco of MCC on 360.
That is a good decision. I unfortunately bought the game on release; however, i will not be making the same mistake on future Halo releases.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
Dr Watz0n wrote:
I remember a few dozen pages back when I commented on how the size of the player base was in part due to AA and 343's failure to quickly adapt.

Here we are, a month from the game's release, and we're down to 10k players peak most days. Sure, everyone expected drop-offs from the release, but I don't know how much longer the game can last. Game modes are going to be restricted/wait times, and the player base will mostly be controller players on PC. Right now, there are 5000 people online - there are more people playing Counter Strike: Source.

I don't think there's anything they can do at this point. The new games will bring a quick rush of people in, but if the AA and general disregard towards PC player's needs continues, they won't stay long-term.
We still have the better games coming and I don't think they will bring a quick rush of people especially Halo 3. Once everything is released then we will be able to tell if the game is truly dead.
This month is nearly half over and still no official reply since saying they're looking into it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This month is nearly half over and still no official reply since saying they're looking into it.
Ya I just wish there was another studio out there that was willing to make a "halo" like game, but do it right. 343 needs to officially die. We have kept them on life support far too long. It just boggles my mind that they couldn't re-release old Halo games on the Xbox One. 1th place....I'll never forget that
Yes, any new arena type of game with a Halo like atmosphere would be awesome! A big slap in the face to 343 :)
Split gate but without portals would be a good example.
Just saying, I destroy people who is using a controller. You guys sure you guys just have off days and can't aim or just can't aim as good as you think you can.

You guys realize it's only a small team working on MCC smh or you guys too incompetent to realize that's why progress/replies is slow.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
Spoiler:
Show
Just saying, I destroy people who is using a controller. You guys sure you guys just have off days and can't aim or just can't aim as good as you think you can.

You guys realize it's only a small team working on MCC smh or you guys too incompetent to realize that's why progress/replies is slow.
No it's not a all team, and no even pros are saying it's an issue here is a whole list

also here have something from an optic pro https://twitter.com/OpTicMaNiaC/status/1202959437423632387

here is one from snipedown
https://twitter.com/Snip3down/status/1203186848970887168

another from SIMMS
https://twitter.com/TheSimms/status/1204830198606319619

heres pokelawls on it
https://twitter.com/pokelawls/status/1202112015440982016

have some strafeshot while im at it
https://twitter.com/Strafesh0t_/status/1207216671007662080

an ex halo pro
https://twitter.com/AbsolutelyTTV/status/1204555355562348545(the guy has legitimate arguments 100% also the ending of the video is a good laugh
luke5135 wrote:
No it's not a all team, and no even pros are saying it's an issue here is a whole list
I'm no pro im rather a casual player. And even I can feel the aim assist to dang strong this is something I would expect in the battlefield series with cheaters using there aimbots seriously and it does get very bad over there more so on battlefield 1.
luke5135 wrote:

also here have something from an optic pro https://twitter.com/OpTicMaNiaC/status/1202959437423632387

here is one from snipedown
https://twitter.com/Snip3down/status/1203186848970887168

another from SIMMS
https://twitter.com/TheSimms/status/1204830198606319619

heres pokelawls on it
https://twitter.com/pokelawls/status/1202112015440982016

have some strafeshot while im at it
https://twitter.com/Strafesh0t_/status/1207216671007662080

an ex halo pro
https://twitter.com/AbsolutelyTTV/status/1204555355562348545(the guy has legitimate arguments 100% also the ending of the video is a good laugh
I haven't touched this game in about a month or even checked the forums due to the mess that is AA/magnetism, and it's absolutely hilarious how there's -still- uneducated fools who think it's just 'git gud noob lol'. If thousands of players and the leagues of pro players who all agree that the AA/magnetism is too much isn't enough to convince them, nothing will.

I think 343 has shown us quite clearly now that they designed a PC port that is only meant to appeal to those who can't play PC games without a controller doing most of everything for them, and everyone else should suffer their multiplayer experience for it. Unfortunately I think it's been too long now for them to make major changes without angering everyone who would rather use their controller, as I imagine have absolutely no intention of letting you opt out of controller matches, no matter how much they say they'll look into it.
Spoiler:
Show
D dawgy wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Wonder if people realize that when Halo CE and the other games come out they're going to have the same Aim Assist that Reach has since all the games will be supporting both KBM and Controllers. There's absolutely no way Reach is going to be the only game with it when they feel that it's a necessity for Reach to have...
If that's the case, the game is good as dead.
Just thinking about that now, it really is the best course of action to remove aim assist entirely from Halo. People need to learn how to aim and not have a crutch doing all the work for them.
Toned now, maybe. Removed entirely, not gonna happen:

"Aim Assist / Controller vs. M+KB
We are continuing to investigate ways we can improve this for players on PC while still retaining the necessary functionality for controller players. We know there’s been a lot of feedback around this across the community and we are definitely listening and digging into this on our end. Investigations and discussions are underway internally but we do not have a timeline we can commit to or more information to share quite yet.
The patch we released this week does address an issue that should improve the input performance and experience for M+KB players. We’re eager to hear the community’s feedback, please let us know how this change feels for you."

343 see it as a necessity for Controller players here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-december-2019
If it is REALLY a necessity, then the best-case scenario is to disable it on ranked playlists or implement opt-out options.
If they're interested in Cross Play between consoles and PC in the future, then I doubt they'd consider opt-out options as that would go against the purpose of crossplay. I don't think they'll consider disabling it for ranked either as it's intended to balance out the unfair advantage KBM have against controllers with better precision. The only potential option ( outside of tweaking it to tone it down ) would probably be disabling it, but nerfing KBM so that aiming is more sluggest perhaps and less precise to balance it out instead.
lol by the time cross play is actually functional, the actual player base will be the original controller population playing against each other, either on their PC or Xbox.
Yep. Imagine putting time and effort into porting a game to a whole new platform, only to get the same people playing it as before.
Unless that was their plan from the very beginning. 🤔🤔
I do believe 343i is very incompetent. But I don't think they are stupid. So I doubt that's what they had in mind.
Nope they are stupid. Well at least the ones in charge. This was a predicable disaster. Bonnie Ross needs to go.
It seems that women in prominent positions at big name development companies are more focused on dismantling stereotypes in games, rather than producing quality products.
Yikes, guy. That's a pretty gamer thing to say. I think you're analysing the wrong issues here. I would shut the -Yoink- up and save face.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 53
  4. 54
  5. 55
  6. 56
  7. 57
  8. ...
  9. 85