Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 54
  4. 55
  5. 56
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. ...
  9. 68
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
D dawgy wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Wonder if people realize that when Halo CE and the other games come out they're going to have the same Aim Assist that Reach has since all the games will be supporting both KBM and Controllers. There's absolutely no way Reach is going to be the only game with it when they feel that it's a necessity for Reach to have...
If that's the case, the game is good as dead.
Just thinking about that now, it really is the best course of action to remove aim assist entirely from Halo. People need to learn how to aim and not have a crutch doing all the work for them.
Toned now, maybe. Removed entirely, not gonna happen:

"Aim Assist / Controller vs. M+KB
We are continuing to investigate ways we can improve this for players on PC while still retaining the necessary functionality for controller players. We know there’s been a lot of feedback around this across the community and we are definitely listening and digging into this on our end. Investigations and discussions are underway internally but we do not have a timeline we can commit to or more information to share quite yet.
The patch we released this week does address an issue that should improve the input performance and experience for M+KB players. We’re eager to hear the community’s feedback, please let us know how this change feels for you."

343 see it as a necessity for Controller players here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-december-2019
If it is REALLY a necessity, then the best-case scenario is to disable it on ranked playlists or implement opt-out options.
If they're interested in Cross Play between consoles and PC in the future, then I doubt they'd consider opt-out options as that would go against the purpose of crossplay. I don't think they'll consider disabling it for ranked either as it's intended to balance out the unfair advantage KBM have against controllers with better precision. The only potential option ( outside of tweaking it to tone it down ) would probably be disabling it, but nerfing KBM so that aiming is more sluggest perhaps and less precise to balance it out instead.
lol by the time cross play is actually functional, the actual player base will be the original controller population playing against each other, either on their PC or Xbox.
Yep. Imagine putting time and effort into porting a game to a whole new platform, only to get the same people playing it as before.
Unless that was their plan from the very beginning. 🤔🤔
I do believe 343i is very incompetent. But I don't think they are stupid. So I doubt that's what they had in mind.
Nope they are stupid. Well at least the ones in charge. This was a predicable disaster. Bonnie Ross needs to go.
Yikes, guy. That's a pretty gamer thing to say. I think you're analysing the wrong issues here. I would shut the -Yoink- up and save face.
Assuming something about someone purely because they are a woman. Who hurt you? I know she's commented on diversity before, but that doesn't make her any less competent within the industry...
D dawgy wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Wonder if people realize that when Halo CE and the other games come out they're going to have the same Aim Assist that Reach has since all the games will be supporting both KBM and Controllers. There's absolutely no way Reach is going to be the only game with it when they feel that it's a necessity for Reach to have...
Just thinking about that now, it really is the best course of action to remove aim assist entirely from Halo. People need to learn how to aim and not have a crutch doing all the work for them.

We are continuing to investigate ways we can improve this for players on PC while still retaining the necessary functionality for controller players. We know there’s been a lot of feedback around this across the community and we are definitely listening and digging into this on our end. Investigations and discussions are underway internally but we do not have a timeline we can commit to or more information to share quite yet.
The patch we released this week does address an issue that should improve the input performance and experience for M+KB players. We’re eager to hear the community’s feedback, please let us know how this change feels for you."

If it is REALLY a necessity, then the best-case scenario is to disable it on ranked playlists or implement opt-out options.
If they're interested in Cross Play between consoles and PC in the future, then I doubt they'd consider opt-out options as that would go against the purpose of crossplay. I don't think they'll consider disabling it for ranked either as it's intended to balance out the unfair advantage KBM have against controllers with better precision. The only potential option ( outside of tweaking it to tone it down ) would probably be disabling it, but nerfing KBM so that aiming is more sluggest perhaps and less precise to balance it out instead.
lol by the time cross play is actually functional, the actual player base will be the original controller population playing against each other, either on their PC or Xbox.
Yep. Imagine putting time and effort into porting a game to a whole new platform, only to get the same people playing it as before.
I do believe 343i is very incompetent. But I don't think they are stupid. So I doubt that's what they had in mind.
Nope they are stupid. Well at least the ones in charge. This was a predicable disaster. Bonnie Ross needs to go.
It seems that women in prominent positions at big name development companies are more focused on dismantling stereotypes in games, rather than producing quality products.
Yikes, guy. That's a pretty gamer thing to say. I think you're analysing the wrong issues here. I would shut the -Yoink- up and save face.Assuming something about someone purely because they are a woman. Who hurt you?
I think what he meansd to say is "have little faith in 343 due to the person in charge not overall being in touch with the pc community, and not being willing to broaden their horizons and possibly leave controllerp layers on console." i'm not sure but I really do not care.
luke5135 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:

It seems that women in prominent positions at big name development companies are more focused on dismantling stereotypes in games, rather than producing quality products.
Yikes, guy. That's a pretty gamer thing to say. I think you're analysing the wrong issues here. I would shut the -Yoink- up and save face.
Assuming something about someone purely because they are a woman. Who hurt you?
I think what he meansd to say is "have little faith in 343 due to the person in charge not overall being in touch with the pc community, and not being willing to broaden their horizons and possibly leave controllerp layers on console." i'm not sure but I really do not care.
Ah yes but that would be intelligent and constructive thought. He was very obviously leaning on something bigger, though I completely agree with you.
luke5135 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:

I see nothing wrong with it you delicate little soul ;)

I am sure he is sorry if he hurt your feelings...

Truth can be tough sometimes.
Ah yes but that would be intelligent and constructive thought. He was very obviously leaning on something bigger, though I completely agree with you.
As I see it, I think for osmoene who is in control of a gaming company they should have a legitimate passion for gaming, I simply don't believe the current leaders of 343 have that passion and drive, look at people like phil spencer he has PASSION and drive.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
Just nerf controllers. They should be easy to use and have a lower skill ceiling than M/KB which is harder to use.

Should be:
Worst controllers > *near* worst KB/M
Best controllers < near best KB/M

A tighter band of skill expression.
Just a reminder to everyone... those games are 10 year old and only cost 10 bucks each, and only small teams are working on it. Give them time. I am positive by the time Halo 3 comes out, the game I am more excited about, the AA issues should be fixed by then. If not then criticize the game and 343i all you want.
Spoiler:
Show
D dawgy wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:

Assuming something about someone purely because they are a woman. Who hurt you? I know she's commented on diversity before, but that doesn't make her any less competent within the industry...
Why bring gender politics to a conversation about aim assist? It's irrelevant, let alone accurate. How does her wanting equal opportunities for women and minorities make reflect on her management style and/or ability to figurehead a company.

This is only reflecting on you right now...
Slickini wrote:
Just a reminder to everyone... those games are 10 year old and only cost 10 bucks each, and only small teams are working on it. Give them time. I am positive by the time Halo 3 comes out, the game I am more excited about, the AA issues should be fixed by then. If not then criticize the game and 343i all you want.
So your suggesting we wait 6-9 months for a statement and a fix? Sorry, but that would be completely unacceptable. While I understand they are small teams, they should at least be giving us updates as to what they have in the works. More frequently than their monthly update.

In fact if your argument is that they are a small team, I've seen many indie developers with better communication skills who give their user base updates on their progress more frequently. For example the developers of Rust, Facepunch, used to give almost weekly updates on what they were doing/thinking when the game was in alpha/beta. Even if there wasn't a patch. And I know for a fact the Facepunch team was much smaller than 343.

All it takes is a bit more effort to let us know what they are doing to address our concerns on a more frequent basis, regardless if the work is finished or not. I personally would be satisfied with bi-weekly. In my opinion, the majority of the halo pc community is at this point just crying out for more communication. I know I am. Silence solves nothing.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Terg500 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
So your suggesting we wait 6-9 months for a statement and a fix? Sorry, but that would be completely unacceptable. While I understand they are small teams, they should at least be giving us updates as to what they have in the works. More frequently than their monthly update.

In fact if your argument is that they are a small team, I've seen many indie developers with better communication skills who give their user base updates on their progress more frequently. For example the developers of Rust, Facepunch, used to give almost weekly updates on what they were doing/thinking when the game was in alpha/beta. Even if there wasn't a patch. And I know for a fact the Facepunch team was much smaller than 343.

All it takes is a bit more effort to let us know what they are doing to address our concerns on a more frequent basis, regardless if the work is finished or not. I personally would be satisfied with bi-weekly. In my opinion, the majority of the halo pc community is at this point just crying out for more communication. I know I am. Silence solves nothing.
Congratz on 1111th post
Didn't even notice, congrats in advance to whoever gets 2222 before this is fixed haha
McSwaggur wrote:
Gamepads belong on consoles.
They should forget about cross play and disable all aim assist for pc. That or have a "notice" when someone is entering crossplay mode that their aim assist is disabled.
Watch the gamepad scrubs quickly jump to k+m without argument then lol.
Sorry to break it to you buddy but controller AA isn't going anywhere. So sorry
I bet it is ;)
That or m+k get AA as well.
Back to console for you.
Then everyone would use m&kb and crossplay would be deeply unfair for console players if crossplay happens
no it would be fair, just like in Apex, Fortnite, CoD, etc. .....
You high? M&k has soooo many advantages over console players it's ridiculous. It isn't fair at all.
McSwaggur wrote:
They should forget about cross play and disable all aim assist for pc. That or have a "notice" when someone is entering crossplay mode that their aim assist is disabled.
I bet it is ;)
Back to console for you.
You high? M&k has soooo many advantages over console players it's ridiculous. It isn't fair at all.
Ok then, can you list one in Halo: Reach other than long range sniping and SWAT where KB/M has, as you would state, a "soooo" noticeable advantage? Please be constructive and come at this thread with hard evidence rather than just state your ill-informed opinion. This thread has multiple videos with extensive research in how AA works, specifically in Halo, and why it is considered over tuned in this day and age. I'm not going to take the time to re-link everything so I suggest you scroll through the thread and find them, just like the rest of us did. Take some time and so some research before you decide to blurt things out. Especially when your just being rude and have no idea what your talking about.

EDIT: Regarding one of the earlier quoted posts, no I don't think giving KB/M AA is the solution to our issues.
McSwaggur wrote:
I bet it is ;)
Back to console for you.
Then everyone would use m&kb and crossplay would be deeply unfair for console players if crossplay happens
no it would be fair, just like in Apex, Fortnite, CoD, etc. .....
Going to second the reply above mine and suggest you actually read the thread and take on board the facts and intelligent feedback, watch the videos provided, etc. It might just change your mind.

Instead you prefer to blurt gut feelings which aren't true...
Slickini wrote:
They have had plenty of time.
They haven't even acknowledged the concerns, or mentioned a fix in the works.
Just completely ignorant, and it's been a month and a half.

You are wasting your energy holding onto that false hope.
Move on from Halo pc...period.

Just be glad that you only wasted 10 dollars to figure out that 343 is gutter trash.
See you in Halo 3
luke5135 wrote:
luke5135 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:

I see nothing wrong with it you delicate little soul ;)

I am sure he is sorry if he hurt your feelings...

Truth can be tough sometimes.
As I see it, I think for osmoene who is in control of a gaming company they should have a legitimate passion for gaming, I simply don't believe the current leaders of 343 have that passion and drive, look at people like phil spencer he has PASSION and drive.
I completely agree. I just don't believe she should be judged in the industry based on her political opinions, like some people were suggesting.

I've worked on small games, myself, as a programmer and designer and without drive or passion it just becomes numbers. It's one of the reasons I would never do it as anything more than a hobby.
Slickini wrote:
First off they're NOT a small team, second off just cause a game is cheap does not mean they have the right to make it horrible, and third people don't want to wait they want a good experience NOW cause they bought it. There is no excuse in the world for this amount of incompetency.

And if mouse and keyboard is so much better WHY is controller dominating hardcore.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 54
  4. 55
  5. 56
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. ...
  9. 68