Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 68
  4. 69
  5. 70
  6. 71
  7. 72
  8. ...
  9. 85
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which means it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
Exactly, don't get how people make those overexaggerated assumptions. I've played on Xbox a lot and 20+ kills are really strange outside of BTB (even in the games which feature more assistance). My concerns are, if people are getting that upset with Reach aim assist, what are they gonna do when Halo 2 comes to PC (known as the game with greater assistance)? It could be toned down a bit, sure, but that would create issues with Xbox crossplay (which would offer controller players more aim assist). Also, after using mouse and keyboard most of the time on PC, I feel like I have advantages from mid to long range. Also, you can pretty much beat any controller player at close because both of you can reach a good level of accuracy (because if he hadn't had any assistance he wouldn't be able to fight back). I recognize that it may be easier to use at close, but you can get very similar precision with the other input. Mouse is known for that, it all depends on experience, right settings and certain quality fixes (which are the only actual issues in my opinion, such as being unable to crouch properly while strafing). Moreover, the speed of turning plays an important role and aim assistance also lead to some awkward issues; for example, I like my aiming to stick where I aim, not where the assistance decides to go (situations that happens with more than two enemies). You don't face that problem with mouse and keyboard.

But, should the problems be that game-breaking in the competitive side, just add an option to queue for your input only, along best connection / skill matching preferences. Want more population? That's fine, disable the option with the consequences. Although, in my opinion the best way to go would be to increase mouse bullet magnetism for close range weapons (such as the Shotgun), to compensate a bit the differences.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
Same lol. Record some matches using a controller and post them on YouTube. I want to see these godlike powers that controllers give players lol. Maybe I can learn something and start crushing the competition with my trusty controller.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
I use kbm so there's no way I'm gonna be pulling 20+ kills every game. If I were shroud then sure. You can go ask anyone that's played a good couple of hours with a controller and they'll tell you their kd is always going to be around 20 kills a game.

Anyways there's no point of even saying anything because you entitled controller babies will say and deny any fact that comes your way.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
I use kbm so there's no way I'm gonna be pulling 20+ kills every game. If I were shroud then sure. You can go ask anyone that's played a good couple of hours with a controller and they'll tell you their kd is always going to be around 20 kills a game.

Anyways there's no point of even saying anything because you entitled controller babies will say and deny any fact that comes your way.
So you're saying you don't use a controller? Then how do you know it's easy to get 20+? You're just spewing nonsense because you're butthurt at not being a top player of the game and probably do poorly in some matches and just want to blame the "console peasants". Show me these stats that controller players are averaging 20 kills per game please. Provide a link. I'll be waiting.

Prove that you can get 20 kills with a controller, not kbm!
HOrobOD1 wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
I use kbm so there's no way I'm gonna be pulling 20+ kills every game. If I were shroud then sure. You can go ask anyone that's played a good couple of hours with a controller and they'll tell you their kd is always going to be around 20 kills a game.

Anyways there's no point of even saying anything because you entitled controller babies will say and deny any fact that comes your way.
So you're saying you don't use a controller? Then how do you know it's easy to get 20+? You're just spewing nonsense because you're butthurt at not being a top player of the game and probably do poorly in some matches and just want to blame the "console peasants". Show me these stats that controller players are averaging 20 kills per game please. Provide a link. I'll be waiting.

Prove that you can get 20 kills with a controller, not kbm!
I and many others have already proven AA is broken and now you want me to go and prove this lol.

Like I said there's no point because you're going to deny it just like how you denied AA was broken. Also I'm not the butthurt one here. I can actually aim with without the need of an aimbot.
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
I won 95% of my FFA games using a controller. Over 100+ matches played. Controllers are OP for PC. Period.
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
I use kbm so there's no way I'm gonna be pulling 20+ kills every game. If I were shroud then sure. You can go ask anyone that's played a good couple of hours with a controller and they'll tell you their kd is always going to be around 20 kills a game.

Anyways there's no point of even saying anything because you entitled controller babies will say and deny any fact that comes your way.
So you're saying you don't use a controller? Then how do you know it's easy to get 20+? You're just spewing nonsense because you're butthurt at not being a top player of the game and probably do poorly in some matches and just want to blame the "console peasants". Show me these stats that controller players are averaging 20 kills per game please. Provide a link. I'll be waiting.

Prove that you can get 20 kills with a controller, not kbm!
I and many others have already proven AA is broken and now you want me to go and prove this lol.

Like I said there's no point because you're going to deny it just like how you denied AA was broken. Also I'm not the butthurt one here. I can actually aim with without the need of an aimbot.
Exactly, you can't prove that it's a problem. The only thing proven on this thread is that it exists. I've watched several videos demonstrating AA, and yeah it's just run of the mill AA that you'll find in almost any other shooter game, console or PC.

Everybody is wanting Halo to be CS:GO, but it's not. If you want CS:GO out of a 10 year old console exclusive game port, you need to get your head checked lol. Just go play CS:GO where there's no aim assist. If you can't stand AA, then why are you even playing Halo?

Eventually cross play is going to be released, and likely input-based matchmaking. I'm advocating for this feature because I want to be able to actually be decent at the game with a controller because kbm is far superior lol. This will solve everyone's problems. It will be controller vs controller, and kmb vs kbm. Right now I can hold my own with kbm, but playing with a controller is just impossible to be a top scoring player each match.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
I use kbm so there's no way I'm gonna be pulling 20+ kills every game. If I were shroud then sure. You can go ask anyone that's played a good couple of hours with a controller and they'll tell you their kd is always going to be around 20 kills a game.

Anyways there's no point of even saying anything because you entitled controller babies will say and deny any fact that comes your way.
So you're saying you don't use a controller? Then how do you know it's easy to get 20+? You're just spewing nonsense because you're butthurt at not being a top player of the game and probably do poorly in some matches and just want to blame the "console peasants". Show me these stats that controller players are averaging 20 kills per game please. Provide a link. I'll be waiting.

Prove that you can get 20 kills with a controller, not kbm!
I and many others have already proven AA is broken and now you want me to go and prove this lol.

Like I said there's no point because you're going to deny it just like how you denied AA was broken. Also I'm not the butthurt one here. I can actually aim with without the need of an aimbot.
[...] Right now I can hold my own with kbm, but playing with a controller is just impossible to be a top scoring player each match.
It's possible.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I've played with KBM, I've played with a controller, I always did worse with a controller. My friend uses controllers all the time and Halo: Reach was no exception. He was doing ok then his controller broke. He started KBM and immediately improved and even noted how much easier it was to get headshots. I will take me and my friend's actual experience using both in the wild, over the whiney manbaby Summit who likes to play the blame game for his failings, that pink-haired French-Candian e-sports guy who says controllers magically increase peoples visual and tactile reaction times, those videos that show the aim assist in a docile controlled environment, and the denizens of the forums who say it's better. People also don't realize that the reticle turns red farther from the target than it does with KBM. I have no doubt I will receive flak from the aim assist mafia calling me a shill/troll/employee for simply having my experience with both of the controls being different from what they parrot and have no interest in entertaining an argument with people who have already made their mind up.
LANCERZzZz wrote:
LANCERZzZz wrote:
i'm shocked that there is a thread this big that is completely founded on elitism. no one gets to decide what input someone else uses when they play video games, that's not how it works nor should it. Halo is literally the game that created aim assist for controllers; why wouldn't they include it in this collection? Playing FPS with a controller without aim assist is basically unplayable, and if you don't believe me plug in a controller and try playing CS:GO or the original CoD4. God I hope bungie doesn't cater to a bunch of mustard race elitists who think they get to decide what people should and shouldn't be able to play this game with.
You already disproved your point by contradicting yourself. "no one gets to decide what input someone else uses when they play video games, that's not how it works nor should it." Well guess what? Currently that is what is happening. Right now even many KB/M users feel forced to used a controller due to the noticeable advantage of AA, specifically in how the cross-hair tracks players. In your post you stated that Halo was what made AA for controllers, and with that it seems as though your implying that controllers are the input we should use. Granted if you just consider everyone here "elitist" clearly you only read the title of the thread and possibly the last 2 pages where there has been a lot of back and forth between people. Before you come in here with insults please take some time to do some research before just vomiting words and trying to insult thousands of players. Not everyone here is for the complete removal of AA, a lot of us either want it toned down or have an opt in option to play with controllers. No one is going to take your crutch away from you so its time to calm down.
So where is the uproar that controller users don't stand a chance in games like Counter Strike, Overwatch, Siege, etc on PC? It's virtually impossible to play a modern FPS with a controller that has no aim assist, especially if you're playing against people using mouse and keyboard. I could complain all day that I'm forced to use a mouse and keyboard in those games, but that would be idiotic and a waste of time since it's a video game. And my time would be better spent either playing something else or learning how to use a mouse and keyboard. And of course, if I prefer playing a game that was designed with a controller in mind with a controller you assume it's because I need a crutch? Not everyone wants to stay hunched over a keyboard when playing games, and some of us like to be able to comfortably relax in bed or on the couch, which is pretty impractical with MKB unless you have a pretty special setup.

And I get it, mouse and keyboard is the native input to a personal computer. That doesn't by any means mean that people who would prefer playing with a controller should be shut out. It IS elitist to imply that mouse and keyboard should get exclusive preference when designing games. Especially when the game in question is part of the series that literally invented aim assist. If you feel insulted by what I said, then maybe you are part of that elitist group. You can try and play the victim by regurgitating the same tired argument and ignoring the other side completely, that doesn't change the fact that the only people complaining about aim assist in freaking HALO are children who would rather cry and moan until they get their way than a) buy a controller or b) go play something else.
No, your statement doesn't insult me. But I do think you were trying to be insulting in order to get a rise out of someone. I feel like your not even responding to my post and just going off on your own angry rant. Almost as if you read the last line, which probably triggered you, and then nothing else.

Not once did I suggest removing AA from controller completely. I'm all for having two separate input methods. Hell with most games other than FPS and MMOs I prefer using a controller to KB/M, so I'm with you there. Everyone deserves a choice in input preference, but evidence clearly supports something needs to be done about AA. Preferably a solution that both KB/M users and controller users can agree on.

Addressing your point B) the majority of the PC community has already left. Have you seen the numbers for who is still playing Reach recently? We're down to an average of below 6k players online at a time. (https://steamcharts.com/app/976730#All) These are undeniable facts. I know I barely even pick up this game anymore. I pretty much only log in when the one person I know who still plays wants to do some customs. So your getting what you want, we are leaving, and at an alarming rate. That being said do you truly believe that rather than fix the problem 343 should just let the game die?

As to your point A) I'd be surprised if I came across a PC gamer that doesn't already have a controller in 2020, so that point is moot and worth ignoring. You seem to believe that the majority of people here are "children who would rather cry and moan until they get their way." After reading your posts and seeing your demeanor, I think your the one making yourself look like a child.
Yeah the fact that people are leaving has nothing to do with AA, and everything to do with boring DMR starts, crappy exp gain that forces you to play matchmaking to see any progress and precludes any reason to do custom firefight or campaign, and the fact that Halo Reach is arguably Bungie's worst Halo. You can pretend it has something to do with aim assist, but you have no actual evidence that the drop in numbers is all or even mostly due to that. I know the only reason I stopped playing is because I got tired of constantly getting matched into games where Isweat my -Yoink- off and top frag with 20+ kills and still lose because my teammates have no thumbs.

Nothing to do with made up assumptions that the people who beat me have to have some advantage in their input device, that's just the vocal minority of whiners that perpetually exists in every game forum. The game is still sitting at 90% positive, and that's my proof that you people are deeply in the minority. The game will bounce back with CE and likely stay afloat once 2 and 3 are out with forge and theater. Workshop support will be added later, and it'll be a done deal.

Children can't see these things though. Children are impatient. They need to get what they want now or else it's time to cry up a storm on the forums.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
removed
It seems the argument is divided into two sides;

First you have the "AA is ruining the game is controllers have a big advantage over KB+M."
The other camp is "Lole ur just bad. Accept that some people are better than you, it has nothing to do with your input."

What the second camp doesn't understand is that Reach, and all Halos, have a high TTK. Its not like CoD or some other shooter where one flick or a shot to the chest is enough to kill most of the time. In most cases you have to land 3+ consecutive shots without missing to get a kill. Playing with a controller means AA will hold your crosshair over the enemy, and bullet magnetism means your shots will almost always connect unless you are really off the mark. Playing with KB+M means you have to have perfect aim every time you get into a firefight or you lose.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
I think you've missed my point.

I don't think there is any definitive proof that controller is superior to kbm (although halo pro Naded has gone on to say that AA is way too OP on controller). But, the issue is that controller has player magnetism and kbm does not. This in itself creates imbalance. When creating a competitive game, you want to keep as many variables constant so that the difference between player A and player B is skill. You can't have this when the very input method already creates imbalance.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 68
  4. 69
  5. 70
  6. 71
  7. 72
  8. ...
  9. 85