Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 69
  4. 70
  5. 71
  6. 72
  7. 73
  8. ...
  9. 85
How is this even a debate still? Look at the countless complaints about Aim Assist from Streamers, Competitive Halo Players, Casual Players, etc.. For god sakes look at the numbers!! - Player population on MCC (PC) has dropped exponentially since launch and 343i doesn't bat an eye. Most of the competitive player base is probably controller users by now. Nobody cares about MCC on PC because it's NOT fun NOR Competitive.

343i has done absolutely nothing to support the PC community after a small update in mid December. The game still feels sluggish using a mouse. I've tried so many different things to improve my experience on M+KB but it's not enough. Hell, even the original Halo PC/CE and Halo Trial had far superior mouse input than MCC on PC and it was released back in 2003. 343i has yet to address these issues on to the forthcoming Halo CE so I imagine the rest of the franchise titles will follow the same issues as Reach (OP Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism on Controllers, Sluggish Mouse Input Delay, Awful Audio Input, Reduced GFX, we can't even change our push-to-talk key LOL...)

What a complete waste of time and money for so many players. "It's ready when it's ready" - 343i's Mantra and yet they released an unfinished ported game to PC resulting in a detrimental loss to their player base.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BpS-ATB69Y&feature=youtu.be
this thing is just broken here is the proof
I find it funny that most people who say AA is not OP are not even in the 20's in ranked... They claim nothing is wrong yet they are playing regular slayer lol. I started playing with MnK and was going positive. However after reaching higher levels in ranked, it was clear AA was OP. I am proficient with both MnK(Been playing since CS 1.6) and controller (Since Halo 1). So I plugged in a controller and tested myself, things were very different. Average kills a game improved and overall consistency improved as well. This was in ranked playlist were all the "try hards" are at or whatever popular name people are using for people that play to win, such as I do. At this point I have accepted this a "controller" game and just play with a controller if I even play the game to begin with. However I question why even play on PC if I'm going to be using a controller. One can say for better fps and higher fov. However why not just play the latest Halo if controller is going to be used anyways. Hence I even went back to Halo 5 to get games in, as I do enjoy Halo and simply missed Halo overall.

However it's clear if you care about winning, you should simply plug in a controller. 343 has not even mentioned AA so I have little hope they will change this even for Halo Infinite when it comes out and most likely supports cross platform play. I believe this is intended design as they want their controller players to flourish. Which is fine really however I wish there was more transparency about it though. Their game, their rules.

To deny AA is not OP or needed to compete in ranked is delusional and dishonest. You can feel the AA being so "sticky". I would just ignore the trolls as their debate is "git gud" yet they barely break 20 in rank and or are controller EXCLUSIVE players themselves with no real testing. The numbers show player count went down and to say AA had nothing to do with it, is just pure denial. People were excited about Halo coming to PC in order to use MnK while playing Halo. Now that it's not competitively viable, numbers simply went down. Why not simply play on Xbox, why wait for H2 or H3 when you can play them now with the same exact input method you are going to be using to win when they release on PC? PC players simply moved to other competitive FPS were aim assist is not a factor such as CS:GO, Overwatch, or Rainbow Six. Where the time spent on Kovaak actually matters.
D dawgy wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
I think you've missed my point.

I don't think there is any definitive proof that controller is superior to kbm (although halo pro Naded has gone on to say that AA is way too OP on controller). But, the issue is that controller has player magnetism and kbm does not. This in itself creates imbalance. When creating a competitive game, you want to keep as many variables constant so that the difference between player A and player B is skill. You can't have this when the very input method already creates imbalance.
I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
I use kbm so there's no way I'm gonna be pulling 20+ kills every game. If I were shroud then sure. You can go ask anyone that's played a good couple of hours with a controller and they'll tell you their kd is always going to be around 20 kills a game.

Anyways there's no point of even saying anything because you entitled controller babies will say and deny any fact that comes your way.
Except Halo on console has always had people getting less than 5 kills even to this day.

So either you've never played Halo or you're just making up stuff.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
I use kbm so there's no way I'm gonna be pulling 20+ kills every game. If I were shroud then sure. You can go ask anyone that's played a good couple of hours with a controller and they'll tell you their kd is always going to be around 20 kills a game.

Anyways there's no point of even saying anything because you entitled controller babies will say and deny any fact that comes your way.
Except Halo on console has always had people getting less than 5 kills even to this day.

So either you've never played Halo or you're just making up stuff.
Thank you. I've been playing Halo since the beginning, and there isn't anything new here on PC. Even on console it's rare to see an evenly scored game. That's because Halo doesn't match you based on skill level or stats. It's purely random. It's common to see a 50 point team Slayer match with one skilled player scoring 25 points or more and the rest of the team scoring less than 10 or even 5. It's just how Halo is. It's not a super even skill based matchmaking game like most PC titles.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
kbm is superior to the controller in every single aspect during the entirety of the campaign.

The controllers one and only advantage lies in a very specific situation; close quarters combat with DMR in PvP multiplayer.

Get back to topic please.
The issue is and will always be of competitive PvP. One input has player magnetism while the other does not. This imbalance in itself will cause a breakdown in the harmony of competitive PvP. Whether the issue is real or just perceived, it doesn't matter, it's still an issue.
People on here are acting like the aim assist is somehow making controller superior to mouse and keyboard. The truth is, nothing can beat the speed and precision of a mouse, so no amount of aim assist will make a controller more superior without a straight up aimbot.

If you're really worried about the controller being more superior, then why doesn't everybody use one since they're apparently so overpowered lol.

I don't believe the aim assist is giving players a competive advantage at all until 343i records some actual player stats and publishes them publicly.

I use both mouse and controller about 50% of the time each, depending on if I'm playing on my laptop or TV connected desktop. I ALWAYS do better with a mouse. While the aim assist is strong, when I encounter an enemy online while I'm using a controller, there just isn't enough time to line up the shot while the kb/m player can instantly flick to me and start shooting (even if I have sensitivity maxed out). The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight and are caught by surprise, which doesn't happen often on most maps. Also long range is just impossible with a controller due to how imprecise a joystick is. I put hundreds of hours into Reach on the Xbox 360 and the same with the other Halo games, so I'm not new to using controllers in Halo games.
"The only time I can get kills with a controller is by encountering enemies that are already lined up toward the center of my sight"

That's clearly your fault lmao, it's funny too because controller is essentially the same thing as aimbot which it should be impossible to not get 20+ kills every game you play.
Would you like to prove your point? Because getting 20+ kills every game by virtue of just using a controller is wildy incorrect.
If you can't manage to get a minimum of 20 kills a game with a controller then you must be afk half the match or you're playing with one hand. Like I said before, controller is really the same thing as aimbot.
Lol, you haven't done anything in the way of proving your point, you are just stating the same thing again. I'd love to see you getting 20+ kills every game.
I use kbm so there's no way I'm gonna be pulling 20+ kills every game. If I were shroud then sure. You can go ask anyone that's played a good couple of hours with a controller and they'll tell you their kd is always going to be around 20 kills a game.

Anyways there's no point of even saying anything because you entitled controller babies will say and deny any fact that comes your way.
Except Halo on console has always had people getting less than 5 kills even to this day.

So either you've never played Halo or you're just making up stuff.
Thank you. I've been playing Halo since the beginning, and there isn't anything new here on PC. Even on console it's rare to see an evenly scored game. That's because Halo doesn't match you based on skill level or stats. It's purely random. It's common to see a 50 point team Slayer match with one skilled player scoring 25 points or more and the rest of the team scoring less than 10 or even 5. It's just how Halo is. It's not a super even skill based matchmaking game like most PC titles.
I can go pull put my original Reach Game History, which still exists, and you can easily see most games there is at least a 10 kill difference in who wins or loses.

Halo works on a bit of a snowball system. The team that controls the spawns wins. That's what wins Halo matches. Not who has "superior input."
LANCERZzZz wrote:
LANCERZzZz wrote:
LANCERZzZz wrote:
i'm shocked that there is a thread this big that is completely founded on elitism. no one gets to decide what input someone else uses when they play video games, that's not how it works nor should it. Halo is literally the game that created aim assist for controllers; why wouldn't they include it in this collection? Playing FPS with a controller without aim assist is basically unplayable, and if you don't believe me plug in a controller and try playing CS:GO or the original CoD4. God I hope bungie doesn't cater to a bunch of mustard race elitists who think they get to decide what people should and shouldn't be able to play this game with.
You already disproved your point by contradicting yourself. "no one gets to decide what input someone else uses when they play video games, that's not how it works nor should it." Well guess what? Currently that is what is happening. Right now even many KB/M users feel forced to used a controller due to the noticeable advantage of AA, specifically in how the cross-hair tracks players. In your post you stated that Halo was what made AA for controllers, and with that it seems as though your implying that controllers are the input we should use. Granted if you just consider everyone here "elitist" clearly you only read the title of the thread and possibly the last 2 pages where there has been a lot of back and forth between people. Before you come in here with insults please take some time to do some research before just vomiting words and trying to insult thousands of players. Not everyone here is for the complete removal of AA, a lot of us either want it toned down or have an opt in option to play with controllers. No one is going to take your crutch away from you so its time to calm down.
Yeah the fact that people are leaving has nothing to do with AA, and everything to do with boring DMR starts, crappy exp gain that forces you to play matchmaking to see any progress and precludes any reason to do custom firefight or campaign, and the fact that Halo Reach is arguably Bungie's worst Halo. You can pretend it has something to do with aim assist, but you have no actual evidence that the drop in numbers is all or even mostly due to that. I know the only reason I stopped playing is because I got tired of constantly getting matched into games where Isweat my -Yoink- off and top frag with 20+ kills and still lose because my teammates have no thumbs.
Nothing to do with made up assumptions that the people who beat me have to have some advantage in their input device, that's just the vocal minority of whiners that perpetually exists in every game forum. The game is still sitting at 90% positive, and that's my proof that you people are deeply in the minority. The game will bounce back with CE and likely stay afloat once 2 and 3 are out with forge and theater. Workshop support will be added later, and it'll be a done deal.

Children can't see these things though. Children are impatient. They need to get what they want now or else it's time to cry up a storm on the forums.
It is clear to me than rather do some research and watch a few videos you just assume your 100% right. This forum post is riddled with videos/data/research that proves that AA is an issue, the majority of us are just tired of re-linking them over and over when someone like you shows up to the party. Sure its not the only reason why people are leaving, but it is a large contributing factor.

I actually agree with your points on campaign, firefight, and DMR starts. But there's no possible way anyone can deny that pros and streamers are leaving alike for all the various problems in reach. And you must realize that this has a trickle down effect on the community. Maybe not to you or I, but like it or not they are considered "influencers." God, what a world we live in... Ideally 343 eventually gets around to dealing with all the issues, but I would rank AA one of the top 3.

Sure, your getting 20 kills a game now, great. That's because your 1 of 6000 people playing, not 1 of nearly 100,000 like at launch. Most of the skill has already left and your dealing with the bottom of the barrel.
LANCERZzZz wrote:
LANCERZzZz wrote:
LANCERZzZz wrote:
i'm shocked that there is a thread this big that is completely founded on elitism. no one gets to decide what input someone else uses when they play video games, that's not how it works nor should it. Halo is literally the game that created aim assist for controllers; why wouldn't they include it in this collection? Playing FPS with a controller without aim assist is basically unplayable, and if you don't believe me plug in a controller and try playing CS:GO or the original CoD4. God I hope bungie doesn't cater to a bunch of mustard race elitists who think they get to decide what people should and shouldn't be able to play this game with.
You already disproved your point by contradicting yourself. "no one gets to decide what input someone else uses when they play video games, that's not how it works nor should it." Well guess what? Currently that is what is happening. Right now even many KB/M users feel forced to used a controller due to the noticeable advantage of AA, specifically in how the cross-hair tracks players. In your post you stated that Halo was what made AA for controllers, and with that it seems as though your implying that controllers are the input we should use. Granted if you just consider everyone here "elitist" clearly you only read the title of the thread and possibly the last 2 pages where there has been a lot of back and forth between people. Before you come in here with insults please take some time to do some research before just vomiting words and trying to insult thousands of players. Not everyone here is for the complete removal of AA, a lot of us either want it toned down or have an opt in option to play with controllers. No one is going to take your crutch away from you so its time to calm down.
Yeah the fact that people are leaving has nothing to do with AA, and everything to do with boring DMR starts, crappy exp gain that forces you to play matchmaking to see any progress and precludes any reason to do custom firefight or campaign, and the fact that Halo Reach is arguably Bungie's worst Halo. You can pretend it has something to do with aim assist, but you have no actual evidence that the drop in numbers is all or even mostly due to that. I know the only reason I stopped playing is because I got tired of constantly getting matched into games where Isweat my -Yoink- off and top frag with 20+ kills and still lose because my teammates have no thumbs.
Nothing to do with made up assumptions that the people who beat me have to have some advantage in their input device, that's just the vocal minority of whiners that perpetually exists in every game forum. The game is still sitting at 90% positive, and that's my proof that you people are deeply in the minority. The game will bounce back with CE and likely stay afloat once 2 and 3 are out with forge and theater. Workshop support will be added later, and it'll be a done deal.

Children can't see these things though. Children are impatient. They need to get what they want now or else it's time to cry up a storm on the forums.
It is clear to me than rather do some research and watch a few videos you just assume your 100% right. This forum post is riddled with videos/data/research that proves that AA is an issue, the majority of us are just tired of re-linking them over and over when someone like you shows up to the party. Sure its not the only reason why people are leaving, but it is a large contributing factor.

I actually agree with your points on campaign, firefight, and DMR starts. But there's no possible way anyone can deny that pros and streamers are leaving alike for all the various problems in reach. And you must realize that this has a trickle down effect on the community. Maybe not to you or I, but like it or not they are considered "influencers." God, what a world we live in... Ideally 343 eventually gets around to dealing with all the issues, but I would rank AA one of the top 3.

Sure, your getting 20 kills a game now, great. That's because your 1 of 6000 people playing, not 1 of nearly 100,000 like at launch. Most of the skill has already left and your dealing with the bottom of the barrel.
Halo Reach is also one of the most hated games in the series by many, which easily explains the drop. Most people are either waiting for Halo 2 or 3, or are simply playing the console version, like myself, for that very reason. I still play Reach PC, and when I do, I use KBM with the same success as I do with controller and in any other Halo game. You must not be aware of the contention Reach had, or the complaints MANY had, pro and casual alike, that eventually led to what is now the Title Update rules.

So yeah, doomsday theorists need to chill. Come back and say what you're saying if the numbers are still this low once CE, 2, and 3 are out. All of which have much less AA than Reach.
How much I bet when this thread hits 3k were still all be debating about whos right and whos wrong about aim assist. :S Im just the casual player though I can see the AA is a bit to strong.... :O
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
SiNNa91 wrote:
How is this even a debate still? Look at the countless complaints about Aim Assist from Streamers, Competitive Halo Players, Casual Players, etc.. For god sakes look at the numbers!! - Player population on MCC (PC) has dropped exponentially since launch and 343i doesn't bat an eye. Most of the competitive player base is probably controller users by now. Nobody cares about MCC on PC because it's NOT fun NOR Competitive.

343i has done absolutely nothing to support the PC community after a small update in mid December. The game still feels sluggish using a mouse. I've tried so many different things to improve my experience on M+KB but it's not enough. Hell, even the original Halo PC/CE and Halo Trial had far superior mouse input than MCC on PC and it was released back in 2003. 343i has yet to address these issues on to the forthcoming Halo CE so I imagine the rest of the franchise titles will follow the same issues as Reach (OP Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism on Controllers, Sluggish Mouse Input Delay, Awful Audio Input, Reduced GFX, we can't even change our push-to-talk key LOL...)

What a complete waste of time and money for so many players. "It's ready when it's ready" - 343i's Mantra and yet they released an unfinished ported game to PC resulting in a detrimental loss to their player base.
Hate to break it to you (and I'm not trying to take sides here, I'm really not), but the whole point of the MCC is to gather all 5 titles under one roof, and keep the gameplay experience 1:1 with the original releases (minus H2 which was revamped as H2A), with some graphical and MM updates.

To alter Aim Assist, even just a little, would be to alter how Halo (Reach) plays.
I came to realization yesterday.

Auto Aim will never be fixed because the unskilled game mechanics are there by design. For a second, imagine how many times you've melee'd someone first or shot someone first and you die half a second after they're already dead. This has been a "problem" since reach was launched in 2010, but they won't fix that. Trade kills are not from the bad netcode as I previously thought. It's the game itself. They WANT the game to be unfair and imbalanced so it's more noob friendly.

343 simply doesn't see auto aim as a problem. 343 doesn't care about making an actual skill-based, rewarding game like Halo:CE. Auto Aim will never be fixed and KBM players will always be at a disadvantage.

That is why this thread is at nearly 1.5k replies and they still haven't done anything meaningful to fix the issue. Even in their last update, they gave KBM an imperceptible buff while taking damage. They didn't bother to dial down the ridiculous auto aim on controller that so many people are complaining about, including pro controller users. If anything, they'll buff KBM further and not touch the controller.

My only hope is that when CE is finally released, they will release it with the original auto-aim values from 2001. If they screw with that game, then I'll just disappear like 85% of the playerbase already has.
Tjoeb123 wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
How is this even a debate still? Look at the countless complaints about Aim Assist from Streamers, Competitive Halo Players, Casual Players, etc.. For god sakes look at the numbers!! - Player population on MCC (PC) has dropped exponentially since launch and 343i doesn't bat an eye. Most of the competitive player base is probably controller users by now. Nobody cares about MCC on PC because it's NOT fun NOR Competitive.

343i has done absolutely nothing to support the PC community after a small update in mid December. The game still feels sluggish using a mouse. I've tried so many different things to improve my experience on M+KB but it's not enough. Hell, even the original Halo PC/CE and Halo Trial had far superior mouse input than MCC on PC and it was released back in 2003. 343i has yet to address these issues on to the forthcoming Halo CE so I imagine the rest of the franchise titles will follow the same issues as Reach (OP Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism on Controllers, Sluggish Mouse Input Delay, Awful Audio Input, Reduced GFX, we can't even change our push-to-talk key LOL...)

What a complete waste of time and money for so many players. "It's ready when it's ready" - 343i's Mantra and yet they released an unfinished ported game to PC resulting in a detrimental loss to their player base.
Hate to break it to you (and I'm not trying to take sides here, I'm really not), but the whole point of the MCC is to gather all 5 titles under one roof, and keep the gameplay experience 1:1 with the original releases (minus H2 which was revamped as H2A), with some graphical and MM updates.

To alter Aim Assist, even just a little, would be to alter how Halo (Reach) plays.
From what I've seen, the aim assist in MCC PC is stronger than the original Reach on console. So if that's correct, they altered the game already and bringing it down to its original value would be much more fair.

Watch this video and ask yourself: were the aim mechanics this strong in 2010? I don't remember it being so strong.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1wgBovU4c
What format will 343 be using for the upcoming halo dreamhack?
Keyboard mouse, or controller?
Why is it better?
Many new and experienced players find it annoying when, despite bloom, others only spray and hit every shot! Halo is for me a game where the player with the most skill wins. But thanks to the controller's Aim assist, this no longer exists. I think it's a shame and I hope you will finally delete Aim assist for PC.
Tjoeb123 wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
How is this even a debate still? Look at the countless complaints about Aim Assist from Streamers, Competitive Halo Players, Casual Players, etc.. For god sakes look at the numbers!! - Player population on MCC (PC) has dropped exponentially since launch and 343i doesn't bat an eye. Most of the competitive player base is probably controller users by now. Nobody cares about MCC on PC because it's NOT fun NOR Competitive.

343i has done absolutely nothing to support the PC community after a small update in mid December. The game still feels sluggish using a mouse. I've tried so many different things to improve my experience on M+KB but it's not enough. Hell, even the original Halo PC/CE and Halo Trial had far superior mouse input than MCC on PC and it was released back in 2003. 343i has yet to address these issues on to the forthcoming Halo CE so I imagine the rest of the franchise titles will follow the same issues as Reach (OP Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism on Controllers, Sluggish Mouse Input Delay, Awful Audio Input, Reduced GFX, we can't even change our push-to-talk key LOL...)

What a complete waste of time and money for so many players. "It's ready when it's ready" - 343i's Mantra and yet they released an unfinished ported game to PC resulting in a detrimental loss to their player base.
Hate to break it to you (and I'm not trying to take sides here, I'm really not), but the whole point of the MCC is to gather all 5 titles under one roof, and keep the gameplay experience 1:1 with the original releases (minus H2 which was revamped as H2A), with some graphical and MM updates.

To alter Aim Assist, even just a little, would be to alter how Halo (Reach) plays.
From what I've seen, the aim assist in MCC PC is stronger than the original Reach on console. So if that's correct, they altered the game already and bringing it down to its original value would be much more fair.

Watch this video and ask yourself: were the aim mechanics this strong in 2010? I don't remember it being so strong.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1wgBovU4c
Watched the video, now anyone that says aim assist it's fine and fair and should "divide" the playerbase by input it's just in plain denial
What format will 343 be using for the upcoming halo dreamhack?
Keyboard mouse, or controller?
I believe both inputs are allowed, but only one is actually viable for winning tournaments at this time. ;)

I could never imagine that in 2020 we have a "PC" tournament with every player using a controller. It's a joke.
Tjoeb123 wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
How is this even a debate still? Look at the countless complaints about Aim Assist from Streamers, Competitive Halo Players, Casual Players, etc.. For god sakes look at the numbers!! - Player population on MCC (PC) has dropped exponentially since launch and 343i doesn't bat an eye. Most of the competitive player base is probably controller users by now. Nobody cares about MCC on PC because it's NOT fun NOR Competitive.

343i has done absolutely nothing to support the PC community after a small update in mid December. The game still feels sluggish using a mouse. I've tried so many different things to improve my experience on M+KB but it's not enough. Hell, even the original Halo PC/CE and Halo Trial had far superior mouse input than MCC on PC and it was released back in 2003. 343i has yet to address these issues on to the forthcoming Halo CE so I imagine the rest of the franchise titles will follow the same issues as Reach (OP Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism on Controllers, Sluggish Mouse Input Delay, Awful Audio Input, Reduced GFX, we can't even change our push-to-talk key LOL...)

What a complete waste of time and money for so many players. "It's ready when it's ready" - 343i's Mantra and yet they released an unfinished ported game to PC resulting in a detrimental loss to their player base.
Hate to break it to you (and I'm not trying to take sides here, I'm really not), but the whole point of the MCC is to gather all 5 titles under one roof, and keep the gameplay experience 1:1 with the original releases (minus H2 which was revamped as H2A), with some graphical and MM updates.

To alter Aim Assist, even just a little, would be to alter how Halo (Reach) plays.
From what I've seen, the aim assist in MCC PC is stronger than the original Reach on console. So if that's correct, they altered the game already and bringing it down to its original value would be much more fair.

Watch this video and ask yourself: were the aim mechanics this strong in 2010? I don't remember it being so strong.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1wgBovU4c
Watched the video, now anyone that says aim assist it's fine and fair and should "divide" the playerbase by input it's just in plain denial
The aim assist is fine considering the very big advantages kbm has in every single other aspect. Maybe instead of showing a misleading video people should focus on stating the pros and cons of either input. Focus on facts and data, not emotional rants. Saying "but all these proffesional gamers agree with me" is not an argument, saying it's true because someone famous within the scene said it is like saying that god is real because the pope says so. Besides the only one I've actually found who said it is Summit1G who's an old CSGO streamer and that game works extremely differently compared to Halo. Also placing your crosshair next to your opponent and still hitting like shown in the video is not something exclusive to controller contrary to what most controller haters seem to believe and I wish people would stop using that argument. Using that argument shows nothing except how little of an understanding you have of the games most basic mechanics. It's called bullet magnitism. It means basicly what it's called. Your bullets litteraly curve towards your opponent to make aiming easier and it's the exact same for both inputs.

The crux is the soft-lock aim assist combined with DMR matchmaking. There is no other advantage to the controller and that's really the only thing you have to complain about. This topic has so much traction and with so many people involved it should be used to find a solution. Not used as a means to go on emotional rants.

Focus on what we know and what the actual differences are between controller and kbm. There isn't really anything unfair about the controller on paper but if there really are then atleast focus on finding a way to balance it out instead of crying on some forum.

Do some research, list the pros and cons of both inputs and test them in different situation so you actually have an understanding of what the issue is and then discuss what you think with the rest of the community on how to balance instead of just hoppping on the bandwagon.

With what I'm saying I'm not targeting just you specifically but to most of the people who are against the use of AA on controllers. There are some people who actually try to bring something usefull to the table but most just complain and dismiss anything that doesn't comply with their own opinion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 69
  4. 70
  5. 71
  6. 72
  7. 73
  8. ...
  9. 85