Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 70
  4. 71
  5. 72
  6. 73
  7. 74
  8. ...
  9. 85
Controller aim assist is to strong no if ands or buts just look at this thread, people are complaining about it, it's an issue even if it's subjective it's an issue.
Tjoeb123 wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
How is this even a debate still? Look at the countless complaints about Aim Assist from Streamers, Competitive Halo Players, Casual Players, etc.. For god sakes look at the numbers!! - Player population on MCC (PC) has dropped exponentially since launch and 343i doesn't bat an eye. Most of the competitive player base is probably controller users by now. Nobody cares about MCC on PC because it's NOT fun NOR Competitive.

343i has done absolutely nothing to support the PC community after a small update in mid December. The game still feels sluggish using a mouse. I've tried so many different things to improve my experience on M+KB but it's not enough. Hell, even the original Halo PC/CE and Halo Trial had far superior mouse input than MCC on PC and it was released back in 2003. 343i has yet to address these issues on to the forthcoming Halo CE so I imagine the rest of the franchise titles will follow the same issues as Reach (OP Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism on Controllers, Sluggish Mouse Input Delay, Awful Audio Input, Reduced GFX, we can't even change our push-to-talk key LOL...)

What a complete waste of time and money for so many players. "It's ready when it's ready" - 343i's Mantra and yet they released an unfinished ported game to PC resulting in a detrimental loss to their player base.
Hate to break it to you (and I'm not trying to take sides here, I'm really not), but the whole point of the MCC is to gather all 5 titles under one roof, and keep the gameplay experience 1:1 with the original releases (minus H2 which was revamped as H2A), with some graphical and MM updates.

To alter Aim Assist, even just a little, would be to alter how Halo (Reach) plays.
I've played Halo Combat Evolved + Halo CE on PC for 12+ years. The game runs a lot smoother sure it wasn't perfect because of the netcode but it was 1000000% better than the garbage 343i brought to PC. There's no excuse. If you tell the public you're bringing it to PC you need to cater the game to PC players i.e. mouse + keyboard, etc.

Anyways, I think at this point everyone has given up on complaining about these issues to 343i they just released another developer update and it's honestly pathetic.
This thread has over 1400+ replies and 343 still hasn't resolved this issue on PC and now the player population is by far the worst it's ever been. I have lost all hope for the rest of games coming out this year.

From 343's most recent Developer update (January 29th 2020)

PC ONLY
  • Fixed an issue where pressing the spacebar would search for a player while typing a Gamertag in the “Find Player” prompt.
Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-january-2020

^^^ THIS IS THE ONLY UPDATE ON PC?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME LOL...
This thread has over 1400+ replies and 343 still hasn't resolved this issue on PC and now the player population is by far the worst it's ever been. I have lost all hope for the rest of games coming out this year.

PC ONLY
  • Fixed an issue where pressing the spacebar would search for a player while typing a Gamertag in the “Find Player” prompt.
Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-january-2020

I wish they were kidding..... they're not. I have very little faith at this point.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
luke5135 wrote:

PC ONLY

I wish they were kidding..... they're not. I have very little faith at this point.
No that's the only PC exclusive Accessibility fix. There's some non-PC exclusive, and some General Fixes too.

They are just as worthless, but the shills will find any excuse to defend 343i, so might as well get the whole inpetitude on display.

Accesibility Bug FixesPC Only
Global
  • Fixed bugs where pop-up messages were not read properly by Narrator & Xbox Game Transcription.
  • Fixed bugs button prompts were not read properly by Narrator & Xbox Game Transcription.
  • Fixed bugs where on-screen text was not read properly by Narrator & Xbox Game Transcription.
General FixesXbox Only
  • Fixed an issue where the Main Menu would not appear after passing the title screen when launching for the first time.
Global
  • Fixed a rare crash related to player stats and leaderboards.
  • Reduced some excessive diagnostic reporting to improve performance.
  • Improved player reporting on dedicated servers when identifying potential anti-cheat violations.
They're a joke. Why release an unfinished game in December after announcing it in March of last year and then ask for ways to fix the game and never resolve the major issues instead update playlists and do super minor updates that don't impact the integrity of the game, design or play-style
You know, as much as people say the game was made for controller, the controller feels so much better, and how broken it is, I gotta admit the game feels REALLY good with my XIM Apex.
Tjoeb123 wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
How is this even a debate still? Look at the countless complaints about Aim Assist from Streamers, Competitive Halo Players, Casual Players, etc.. For god sakes look at the numbers!! - Player population on MCC (PC) has dropped exponentially since launch and 343i doesn't bat an eye. Most of the competitive player base is probably controller users by now. Nobody cares about MCC on PC because it's NOT fun NOR Competitive.

343i has done absolutely nothing to support the PC community after a small update in mid December. The game still feels sluggish using a mouse. I've tried so many different things to improve my experience on M+KB but it's not enough. Hell, even the original Halo PC/CE and Halo Trial had far superior mouse input than MCC on PC and it was released back in 2003. 343i has yet to address these issues on to the forthcoming Halo CE so I imagine the rest of the franchise titles will follow the same issues as Reach (OP Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism on Controllers, Sluggish Mouse Input Delay, Awful Audio Input, Reduced GFX, we can't even change our push-to-talk key LOL...)

What a complete waste of time and money for so many players. "It's ready when it's ready" - 343i's Mantra and yet they released an unfinished ported game to PC resulting in a detrimental loss to their player base.
Hate to break it to you (and I'm not trying to take sides here, I'm really not), but the whole point of the MCC is to gather all 5 titles under one roof, and keep the gameplay experience 1:1 with the original releases (minus H2 which was revamped as H2A), with some graphical and MM updates.

To alter Aim Assist, even just a little, would be to alter how Halo (Reach) plays.
Sorry but that was the purpose of bringing Halo MCC to Xbox. This game already exists on Xbox. If you want to use a controller, you most likely already own an Xbox and if you really want to play with a controller, you can go over to your Xbox and play on your Xbox. Did I mention this game is already on Xbox?

343 is catering to the already declined and continuously declining console FPS player base on a PC game. It literally makes zero sense.
Just in case anyone missed it, input based matchmaking was confirmed in the last dev update inside of the Current Backlog tag. KB&M will have the opportunity to separate itself from controller users if they wish so. (And do). But this feature will obviously be a while off yet.

Aim Assist in general was also touched on in the Community Reported issues section, but without any context as to what these issues may be.

Quote:
Aim Assist: This continues to remain high on our list and we are actively talking through solutions. Nothing to share in this update, but I hope to have some more to talk about in our February Update
They also touched on Mouse input being an issue for some players as well. Which should reduce some problems.
Just in case anyone missed it, input based matchmaking was confirmed in the last dev update inside of the Current Backlog tag. KB&M will have the opportunity to separate itself from controller users if they wish so. (And do). But this feature will obviously be a while off yet.

Aim Assist in general was also touched on in the Community Reported issues section, but without any context as to what these issues may be.

Quote:
Aim Assist: This continues to remain high on our list and we are actively talking through solutions. Nothing to share in this update, but I hope to have some more to talk about in our February Update
They also touched on Mouse input being an issue for some players as well. Which should reduce some problems.
Ok. First, please link it. This is the first time I hear about this.

Second. Not that the first point makes a difference. They also promised CE flights on January, and that's already pushed back to February; so I can confidently assume 343i words are hollow.

And lets not forget their "It's Ready When It's Ready." lie that would make Todd Howard blush.
I'm honestly more pissed off about the VFR. They way VFR/MKB input was handled between flight 3 and launch is an absolute disgrace. While aim assist does need to be re-tuned, the janky VFR makes it 10 times worse. Fixing VFR/MKB input and removing that stupid flinch mechanic would probably do the trick. But VFR improvements are apparently on their backlog. Even though it's basically the only PC first feature most of us care about besides MKB...
Fragavelli wrote:
I'm honestly more pissed off about the VFR. They way VFR/MKB input was handled between flight 3 and launch is an absolute disgrace. While aim assist does need to be re-tuned, the janky VFR makes it 10 times worse. Fixing VFR/MKB input and removing that stupid flinch mechanic would probably do the trick. But VFR improvements are apparently on their backlog. Even though it's basically the only PC first feature most of us care about besides MKB...
I assume you mean Mouse and Keyboard with MKB. But what is VFR?
Fragavelli wrote:
I assume you mean Mouse and Keyboard with MKB. But what is VFR?
Variable frame rate. Basically frame rates above 60fps run like absolute dog -Yoink- for anyone with a high refresh rate monitor. The game judders around and I usually get a headache after 3 or 4 matches. If I lock it at 60 I can make it about 5 or 6 matches total. I don't care as much about aim assist because I can't play it long enough in one sitting to notice it.

Quote:

Second. Not that the first point makes a difference. They also promised CE flights on January, and that's already pushed back to February; so I can confidently assume 343i words are hollow.

And lets not forget their "It's Ready When It's Ready." lie that would make Todd Howard blush.
It is literally just there in the "backlog" section. You know how to use CTRL + F yes.

There's literally no information about this, other then it being in the backlog of things to do.

Additionally. The reason *why* progress has been delayed has also been stated.

I'm not going to do the reading for you. Go and read the post and stop sputtering nonsense without proper comprehension and context.

Quote:

It is literally just there in the "backlog" section. You know how to use CTRL + F yes.

There's literally no information about this, other then it being in the backlog of things to do.

I'm not going to do the reading for you. Go and read the post and stop sputtering nonsense without proper comprehension and context.
I ask for the source as well. I checked the patch note. It's just not there. CTRL+F done and all. Are you sure you are not mistaken?
Minicrom wrote:

Quote:

I ask for the source as well. I checked the patch note. It's just not there. CTRL+F done and all. Are you sure you are not mistaken?
Quote:
Current Backlog
  • Input-based Matchmaking
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-january-2020
xXSprst3Xx wrote:
Minicrom wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Current Backlog
  • Input-based Matchmaking
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-january-2020
Okay. So you said they touched it and that should reduce some problems. But the thing is that they didn't yet. That's where the confusion comes from:

"The below features are items that are either actively in varying stages of development (implementation, testing, or iteration), are currently being designed, or are in the development backlog. Game development is a process and a part of this requires making hard decisions about what the game needs the most at any given time. Below is a breakdown of where each community discussed feature lives in our development cycle."

So it's bound to happen. Not done yet. Thanks for the link. I wasn't reading in the good place anyway. Lol.
You know, as much as people say the game was made for controller, the controller feels so much better, and how broken it is, I gotta admit the game feels REALLY good with my XIM Apex.
Yep, because its the best of both worlds. Since the game thinks you're using a controller, it applies the crazy auto aim of controller on KBM.

This is another reason why they need to reduce the auto aim of the controller instead of making "input-based" matchmaking. It wont stop people from using XIM.
Yep, because its the best of both worlds. Since the game thinks you're using a controller, it applies the crazy auto aim of controller on KBM.

This is another reason why they need to reduce the auto aim of the controller instead of making "input-based" matchmaking. It wont stop people from using XIM.
Tough. Controller uses have it good for a long while. If suddenly they get packed into lobbies with XIM users then they'll either just have to suffer for it or play properly with KBM.

I've tried M&K with the controller emulation. It's not viable. The acceleration curves still exist to some degree as do the outer deadzones. It feels terrible. The auto aim is also so insane that it makes it impossible to make adjustments once you're even in the vicinity. Adjustments that are necessary to pick up a kill. I would much rather play natural M&K with no AA than M&K controller emulation.

That being said, I wouldn't worry about it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 70
  4. 71
  5. 72
  6. 73
  7. 74
  8. ...
  9. 85