Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 71
  4. 72
  5. 73
  6. 74
  7. 75
  8. ...
  9. 85
You know, as much as people say the game was made for controller, the controller feels so much better, and how broken it is, I gotta admit the game feels REALLY good with my XIM Apex.
Yep, because its the best of both worlds. Since the game thinks you're using a controller, it applies the crazy auto aim of controller on KBM.

This is another reason why they need to reduce the auto aim of the controller instead of making "input-based" matchmaking. It wont stop people from using XIM.
Tough. Controller uses have it good for a long while. If suddenly they get packed into lobbies with XIM users then they'll either just have to suffer for it or play properly with KBM.
Then Xbox players would complain when Cross-Play eventually happens, even if they can use KBM on the console.
Tjoeb123 wrote:
You know, as much as people say the game was made for controller, the controller feels so much better, and how broken it is, I gotta admit the game feels REALLY good with my XIM Apex.
Yep, because its the best of both worlds. Since the game thinks you're using a controller, it applies the crazy auto aim of controller on KBM.

This is another reason why they need to reduce the auto aim of the controller instead of making "input-based" matchmaking. It wont stop people from using XIM.
Tough. Controller uses have it good for a long while. If suddenly they get packed into lobbies with XIM users then they'll either just have to suffer for it or play properly with KBM.
Then Xbox players would complain when Cross-Play eventually happens, even if they can use KBM on the console.
Then don't make cross play happen. I don't think it's that important if it creates such balance issues.
Minicrom wrote:
Tjoeb123 wrote:
You know, as much as people say the game was made for controller, the controller feels so much better, and how broken it is, I gotta admit the game feels REALLY good with my XIM Apex.
Yep, because its the best of both worlds. Since the game thinks you're using a controller, it applies the crazy auto aim of controller on KBM.

This is another reason why they need to reduce the auto aim of the controller instead of making "input-based" matchmaking. It wont stop people from using XIM.
Tough. Controller uses have it good for a long while. If suddenly they get packed into lobbies with XIM users then they'll either just have to suffer for it or play properly with KBM.
Then Xbox players would complain when Cross-Play eventually happens, even if they can use KBM on the console.
Then don't make cross play happen. I don't think it's that important if it creates such balance issues.
I have to agree I really do NOT want crossplay, crossplay is one of those things it is useless on the new cod it works cause it's cod and cod needs it, this is halo it shouldn't need crossplay at all. This is an issue with 343 where 343 has messed up and pushed reach to release to soon effectively sacrificing reach to make that holiday cash.
luke5135 wrote:
Minicrom wrote:
Tjoeb123 wrote:
You know, as much as people say the game was made for controller, the controller feels so much better, and how broken it is, I gotta admit the game feels REALLY good with my XIM Apex.
Yep, because its the best of both worlds. Since the game thinks you're using a controller, it applies the crazy auto aim of controller on KBM.

This is another reason why they need to reduce the auto aim of the controller instead of making "input-based" matchmaking. It wont stop people from using XIM.
Tough. Controller uses have it good for a long while. If suddenly they get packed into lobbies with XIM users then they'll either just have to suffer for it or play properly with KBM.
Then Xbox players would complain when Cross-Play eventually happens, even if they can use KBM on the console.
Then don't make cross play happen. I don't think it's that important if it creates such balance issues.
I have to agree I really do NOT want crossplay, crossplay is one of those things it is useless on the new cod it works cause it's cod and cod needs it, this is halo it shouldn't need crossplay at all. This is an issue with 343 where 343 has messed up and pushed reach to release to soon effectively sacrificing reach to make that holiday cash.
iTs rEAdY wHEn iTs reADy

We got duped.
Minicrom wrote:
Tjoeb123 wrote:
You know, as much as people say the game was made for controller, the controller feels so much better, and how broken it is, I gotta admit the game feels REALLY good with my XIM Apex.
Yep, because its the best of both worlds. Since the game thinks you're using a controller, it applies the crazy auto aim of controller on KBM.

This is another reason why they need to reduce the auto aim of the controller instead of making "input-based" matchmaking. It wont stop people from using XIM.
Tough. Controller uses have it good for a long while. If suddenly they get packed into lobbies with XIM users then they'll either just have to suffer for it or play properly with KBM.
Then Xbox players would complain when Cross-Play eventually happens, even if they can use KBM on the console.
Then don't make cross play happen. I don't think it's that important if it creates such balance issues.
I would say it's fine for custom games, but for actual matchmaking, I'd say it's a no go at this point.
This thead should be closed. It started out good but now it's nothing more than a platform for people to hate on 343.

kbm pros:
  • Pinpoint precision
  • Fast movement
  • Micro adjusting
kbm cons:
  • none
Controller pros:
  • Soft-lock aim assist
  • You can walk (Don't really think there is any way you can apply that to your advantage but it's something the keyboard can't do.)
Controller cons:
  • Analog stick (Imagine a car with a joystick. Pushing the stick forwards push the car forwards and pushing it backwards puts the car in reverse. Now imagine trying to park that car in a specific position. Now imagine that position constantly moving in a random direction. Seems hard yet? Now imagine that joystick instead of moving forward and reverse, goes in all possible directions and to top it off you have to stand outside the car. This gives you a massive margin of error compared to the mouse. This is why fps games with a mouse is the norm. There is a direct correlation between your movement and the position of the mouse whereas with a controller, there is not. This makes adjustments extremely hard, hence the dire need for aim assist on controllers. Without you would not get a very good gaming experience on any fps game.)
  • Slow movement
On paper kbm is inherently superior to the controller in every way. Until this is disproven 343 is completely right not to do any changes. Not would it only kill crossplay and with it any dreams for finding a game within the near future after the release of H4. It would be listening to the demands of the mob. I don't know why this thing took so much hype because the way most of you argue I can obviously understand that most people here haven't even used a controller and compared both inputs. Please understand that by saying "this is broken because I say so" puts 343 in a position where they either do nothing and look like they don't care. Or they listen to the demands of the mob and they make changes to the game based on people being upset instead of wether the game is unbalanced or not.

Complaining on the basis that you're upset achieves nothing. Atleast try being constructive and bring something to the table that is actually beneficial to your argument. If you manage to find indisputable evidence that aim assist on controller is inherently broken then I promise you that 343 will make changes. Until then you cannot expect them to risk breaking the game simply because you are upset.

Be reasonable.
This thead should be closed. It started out good but now it's nothing more than a platform for people to hate on 343.

kbm pros:
  • Pinpoint precision
  • Fast movement
  • Micro adjusting
kbm cons:
  • none
Controller pros:
  • Soft-lock aim assist
  • You can walk (Don't really think there is any way you can apply that to your advantage but it's something the keyboard can't do.)
Controller cons:
  • Analog stick (Imagine a car with a joystick. Pushing the stick forwards push the car forwards and pushing it backwards puts the car in reverse. Now imagine trying to park that car in a specific position. Now imagine that position constantly moving in a random direction. Seems hard yet? Now imagine that joystick instead of moving forward and reverse, goes in all possible directions and to top it off you have to stand outside the car. This gives you a massive margin of error compared to the mouse. This is why fps games with a mouse is the norm. There is a direct correlation between your movement and the position of the mouse whereas with a controller, there is not. This makes adjustments extremely hard, hence the dire need for aim assist on controllers. Without you would not get a very good gaming experience on any fps game.)
  • Slow movement
On paper kbm is inherently superior to the controller in every way. Until this is disproven 343 is completely right not to do any changes. Not would it only kill crossplay and with it any dreams for finding a game within the near future after the release of H4. It would be listening to the demands of the mob. I don't know why this thing took so much hype because the way most of you argue I can obviously understand that most people here haven't even used a controller and compared both inputs. Please understand that by saying "this is broken because I say so" puts 343 in a position where they either do nothing and look like they don't care. Or they listen to the demands of the mob and they make changes to the game based on people being upset instead of wether the game is unbalanced or not.

Complaining on the basis that you're upset achieves nothing. Atleast try being constructive and bring something to the table that is actually beneficial to your argument. If you manage to find indisputable evidence that aim assist on controller is inherently broken then I promise you that 343 will make changes. Until then you cannot expect them to risk breaking the game simply because you are upset.

Be reasonable.
We already disproved KBM is superior in Halo with many many many constructive comments.

Go read.
Slickini wrote:
This thead should be closed. It started out good but now it's nothing more than a platform for people to hate on 343.

kbm pros:
  • Pinpoint precision
  • Fast movement
  • Micro adjusting
kbm cons:
  • none
Controller pros:
  • Soft-lock aim assist
  • You can walk (Don't really think there is any way you can apply that to your advantage but it's something the keyboard can't do.)
Controller cons:
  • Analog stick (Imagine a car with a joystick. Pushing the stick forwards push the car forwards and pushing it backwards puts the car in reverse. Now imagine trying to park that car in a specific position. Now imagine that position constantly moving in a random direction. Seems hard yet? Now imagine that joystick instead of moving forward and reverse, goes in all possible directions and to top it off you have to stand outside the car. This gives you a massive margin of error compared to the mouse. This is why fps games with a mouse is the norm. There is a direct correlation between your movement and the position of the mouse whereas with a controller, there is not. This makes adjustments extremely hard, hence the dire need for aim assist on controllers. Without you would not get a very good gaming experience on any fps game.)
  • Slow movement
On paper kbm is inherently superior to the controller in every way. Until this is disproven 343 is completely right not to do any changes. Not would it only kill crossplay and with it any dreams for finding a game within the near future after the release of H4. It would be listening to the demands of the mob. I don't know why this thing took so much hype because the way most of you argue I can obviously understand that most people here haven't even used a controller and compared both inputs. Please understand that by saying "this is broken because I say so" puts 343 in a position where they either do nothing and look like they don't care. Or they listen to the demands of the mob and they make changes to the game based on people being upset instead of wether the game is unbalanced or not.

Complaining on the basis that you're upset achieves nothing. Atleast try being constructive and bring something to the table that is actually beneficial to your argument. If you manage to find indisputable evidence that aim assist on controller is inherently broken then I promise you that 343 will make changes. Until then you cannot expect them to risk breaking the game simply because you are upset.

Be reasonable.
We already disproved KBM is superior in Halo with many many many constructive comments.

Go read.
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
Slickini wrote:
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
It's not worth arguing with them. They don't have evidence. I've been following this thread since the beginning, occasionally trying to argue back, but all they have are videos that are just demonstrations of how standard aim assist works. It's basically a bunch of PC kbm only players who've never touched a controller and the idea of aim assist is so foreign that it seems unfair. The truth is that kbm will always have a leg up over controller, no matter how much aim assist there is short of full aim bots.
Slickini wrote:
This thead should be closed. It started out good but now it's nothing more than a platform for people to hate on 343.

kbm pros:
  • Pinpoint precision
  • Fast movement
  • Micro adjusting
kbm cons:
  • none
Controller pros:
  • Soft-lock aim assist
  • You can walk (Don't really think there is any way you can apply that to your advantage but it's something the keyboard can't do.)
Controller cons:
  • Analog stick (Imagine a car with a joystick. Pushing the stick forwards push the car forwards and pushing it backwards puts the car in reverse. Now imagine trying to park that car in a specific position. Now imagine that position constantly moving in a random direction. Seems hard yet? Now imagine that joystick instead of moving forward and reverse, goes in all possible directions and to top it off you have to stand outside the car. This gives you a massive margin of error compared to the mouse. This is why fps games with a mouse is the norm. There is a direct correlation between your movement and the position of the mouse whereas with a controller, there is not. This makes adjustments extremely hard, hence the dire need for aim assist on controllers. Without you would not get a very good gaming experience on any fps game.)
  • Slow movement
On paper kbm is inherently superior to the controller in every way. Until this is disproven 343 is completely right not to do any changes. Not would it only kill crossplay and with it any dreams for finding a game within the near future after the release of H4. It would be listening to the demands of the mob. I don't know why this thing took so much hype because the way most of you argue I can obviously understand that most people here haven't even used a controller and compared both inputs. Please understand that by saying "this is broken because I say so" puts 343 in a position where they either do nothing and look like they don't care. Or they listen to the demands of the mob and they make changes to the game based on people being upset instead of wether the game is unbalanced or not.

Complaining on the basis that you're upset achieves nothing. Atleast try being constructive and bring something to the table that is actually beneficial to your argument. If you manage to find indisputable evidence that aim assist on controller is inherently broken then I promise you that 343 will make changes. Until then you cannot expect them to risk breaking the game simply because you are upset.

Be reasonable.
We already disproved KBM is superior in Halo with many many many constructive comments.

Go read.
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
I love the salt that you've been putting out in this thread over (from what I could tell) is at least in the last 10-20 pages.

I can't wait until controllers get nerfed :)

DMR 1v1 tracking is busted for controllers. It's actually difficult for KBM.
Slickini wrote:
This thead should be closed. It started out good but now it's nothing more than a platform for people to hate on 343.

kbm pros:
  • Pinpoint precision
  • Fast movement
  • Micro adjusting
kbm cons:
  • none
Controller pros:
  • Soft-lock aim assist
  • You can walk (Don't really think there is any way you can apply that to your advantage but it's something the keyboard can't do.)
Controller cons:
  • Analog stick (Imagine a car with a joystick. Pushing the stick forwards push the car forwards and pushing it backwards puts the car in reverse. Now imagine trying to park that car in a specific position. Now imagine that position constantly moving in a random direction. Seems hard yet? Now imagine that joystick instead of moving forward and reverse, goes in all possible directions and to top it off you have to stand outside the car. This gives you a massive margin of error compared to the mouse. This is why fps games with a mouse is the norm. There is a direct correlation between your movement and the position of the mouse whereas with a controller, there is not. This makes adjustments extremely hard, hence the dire need for aim assist on controllers. Without you would not get a very good gaming experience on any fps game.)
  • Slow movement
On paper kbm is inherently superior to the controller in every way. Until this is disproven 343 is completely right not to do any changes. Not would it only kill crossplay and with it any dreams for finding a game within the near future after the release of H4. It would be listening to the demands of the mob. I don't know why this thing took so much hype because the way most of you argue I can obviously understand that most people here haven't even used a controller and compared both inputs. Please understand that by saying "this is broken because I say so" puts 343 in a position where they either do nothing and look like they don't care. Or they listen to the demands of the mob and they make changes to the game based on people being upset instead of wether the game is unbalanced or not.

Complaining on the basis that you're upset achieves nothing. Atleast try being constructive and bring something to the table that is actually beneficial to your argument. If you manage to find indisputable evidence that aim assist on controller is inherently broken then I promise you that 343 will make changes. Until then you cannot expect them to risk breaking the game simply because you are upset.

Be reasonable.
We already disproved KBM is superior in Halo with many many many constructive comments.

Go read.
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
How dare you say in the first place there are no evidences when you don't read previous posts or even skim last pages?

Since you can't go read, here are some of video evidences proving controllers are overpowered:
Naded, pro Halo player: Controllers clearly overpoweredVideo showcasing how strong the AA is
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
It's not worth arguing with them. They don't have evidence. I've been following this thread since the beginning, occasionally trying to argue back, but all they have are videos that are just demonstrations of how standard aim assist works. It's basically a bunch of PC kbm only players who've never touched a controller and the idea of aim assist is so foreign that it seems unfair. The truth is that kbm will always have a leg up over controller, no matter how much aim assist there is short of full aim bots.
This couldn't be any further from the truth. Most of us have been playing Halo on consoles for a long time now. We play both consoles and P.C and we know exactly the differences between them.

I was one of the people who originally believed the KBM would always be superior to a controller no matter what. However with Halo on p.c now we can see that this is not a normal FPS and does not fall under the same category as other shooters on the market. It is completely different from twitch shooters like csgo and Tarkov etc... The aiming is mostly tracking based like a game like Quake, however with Quake the player movement speed is so high that a mouse is still superior. In Halo the player movement speed is very slow so the mouse doesnt have any advantage other than sniping and turning around a bit faster. The aim assist gives controller users much better ability to track movement and they can hit shots much faster than a mouse user can. This is a fact that most people have come to realize and it is why so many people have left the game. nobody wants to play a competitive game that has two completely different inputs. Its like playing dance dance revolution against somebody who is using a controller when you are breaking a sweat on the dance pad.
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all. In fact most of the big name pro players ive watched on console in the past have their aim sensitivity turned all the way down and turn incredibly slow. Go watch walshy play and see how slow his aim is. In Halo as far as input goes it is much more important to have consistent tracking.

It doesnt matter if you see them first, turn and acquire them first and get the first shot off, if the other player can hit 5 shots on target without missing. with a mouse this is much harder as each shot must be retrained on the opponent before shooting, where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast. The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder. whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all.
Slickini wrote:
Slickini wrote:
This thead should be closed. It started out good but now it's nothing more than a platform for people to hate on 343.

kbm pros:
  • Pinpoint precision
  • Fast movement
  • Micro adjusting
kbm cons:
  • none
Controller pros:
  • Soft-lock aim assist
  • You can walk (Don't really think there is any way you can apply that to your advantage but it's something the keyboard can't do.)
Controller cons:
  • Analog stick (Imagine a car with a joystick. Pushing the stick forwards push the car forwards and pushing it backwards puts the car in reverse. Now imagine trying to park that car in a specific position. Now imagine that position constantly moving in a random direction. Seems hard yet? Now imagine that joystick instead of moving forward and reverse, goes in all possible directions and to top it off you have to stand outside the car. This gives you a massive margin of error compared to the mouse. This is why fps games with a mouse is the norm. There is a direct correlation between your movement and the position of the mouse whereas with a controller, there is not. This makes adjustments extremely hard, hence the dire need for aim assist on controllers. Without you would not get a very good gaming experience on any fps game.)
  • Slow movement
On paper kbm is inherently superior to the controller in every way. Until this is disproven 343 is completely right not to do any changes. Not would it only kill crossplay and with it any dreams for finding a game within the near future after the release of H4. It would be listening to the demands of the mob. I don't know why this thing took so much hype because the way most of you argue I can obviously understand that most people here haven't even used a controller and compared both inputs. Please understand that by saying "this is broken because I say so" puts 343 in a position where they either do nothing and look like they don't care. Or they listen to the demands of the mob and they make changes to the game based on people being upset instead of wether the game is unbalanced or not.

Complaining on the basis that you're upset achieves nothing. Atleast try being constructive and bring something to the table that is actually beneficial to your argument. If you manage to find indisputable evidence that aim assist on controller is inherently broken then I promise you that 343 will make changes. Until then you cannot expect them to risk breaking the game simply because you are upset.

Be reasonable.
We already disproved KBM is superior in Halo with many many many constructive comments.

Go read.
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
How dare you say in the first place there are no evidences when you don't read previous posts or even skim last pages?

Since you can't go read, here are some of video evidences proving controllers are overpowered:
Naded, pro Halo player: Controllers clearly overpoweredVideo showcasing how strong the AA is
The first video is just another guy complaining. The second video is just a demonstration. Half the video they even complain about the bullet magnetism for the controller and they work the exact same way for both inputs as you can even see in the video itself if you are observant.

I'm not here to argue but bro I'm telling you. By being mad and grumpy you'll only get unrational and get nowhere. You're losing sight and you use every possible argument you can find that works in your favor, doesn't matter if it's true or not.

Look at the data and facts and at the aboslutely very least, try testing it out for yourself. You cannot claim to know this is an issue if you do not even know how it works at all.

I'm telling you this to help you. 343 can't break the game for your sake no matter how loud you scream. But maybe if you give them a reason they will.

I'm not going to respond to quotes like yours anymore as there is not point. This is the exact thing I told people not to do and yet most of the answers I get look exactly like this.
As kbm player, I haven't really noticed any difference in playing against other players with controller. I think people are using this "controller aim assist" as an excuse for being bad.
BANGHART wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
It's not worth arguing with them. They don't have evidence. I've been following this thread since the beginning, occasionally trying to argue back, but all they have are videos that are just demonstrations of how standard aim assist works. It's basically a bunch of PC kbm only players who've never touched a controller and the idea of aim assist is so foreign that it seems unfair. The truth is that kbm will always have a leg up over controller, no matter how much aim assist there is short of full aim bots.
This couldn't be any further from the truth. Most of us have been playing Halo on consoles for a long time now. We play both consoles and P.C and we know exactly the differences between them.

I was one of the people who originally believed the KBM would always be superior to a controller no matter what. However with Halo on p.c now we can see that this is not a normal FPS and does not fall under the same category as other shooters on the market. It is completely different from twitch shooters like csgo and Tarkov etc... The aiming is mostly tracking based like a game like Quake, however with Quake the player movement speed is so high that a mouse is still superior. In Halo the player movement speed is very slow so the mouse doesnt have any advantage other than sniping and turning around a bit faster. The aim assist gives controller users much better ability to track movement and they can hit shots much faster than a mouse user can. This is a fact that most people have come to realize and it is why so many people have left the game. nobody wants to play a competitive game that has two completely different inputs. Its like playing dance dance revolution against somebody who is using a controller when you are breaking a sweat on the dance pad.
Halo is mostly about positioning, knowing the trajectory of your grenades, knowing the spawn of powerweapons and such. Like you said this game is completely different to most fps games. This game unlike those, is very easy. It holds your hand through everything. The bullet magnetism is a perfect example of that. This is why it's more about things like that and not about things like aim. It's more about using your brain to win rather than using pure aim and reflexes to win. Now that you say it I just realized that in itself is another great argument for why aa is not the big issue some people make it out to be.

Ok yes landing your shots if you are close enough to your target is easier with a controller I will admit that. The things is that landing shots in close range with a mouse is also very easy, just not as easy. The mouse makes up for this by being alot better in every single situation you can imagine except in 1v1 cqc with a single shot weapon like the DMR.
BANGHART wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
I
Halo is mostly about positioning, knowing the trajectory of your grenades, knowing the spawn of powerweapons and such. Like you said this game is completely different to most fps games. This game unlike those, is very easy. It holds your hand through everything. The bullet magnetism is a perfect example of that. This is why it's more about things like that and not about things like aim. It's more about using your brain to win rather than using pure aim and reflexes to win. Now that you say it I just realized that in itself is another great argument for why aa is not the big issue some people make it out to be.

Ok yes landing your shots if you are close enough to your target is easier with a controller I will admit that. The things is that landing shots in close range with a mouse is also very easy, just not as easy. The mouse makes up for this by being alot better in every single situation you can imagine except in 1v1 cqc with a single shot weapon like the DMR.
Yeah Halo is a strategical game, more even with Reach than other Halos. Well the original Reach pre TU that is. It wasn't about aim skill at the highest level, everyones skill is the same in that category ,which is why OG reach was hated by pros. Their aimskill meant nothing and they were no longer the best players. The best players were and still are unknown players.

However that being said there is still a big advantage with controller in this game. At the highest level, the mouse user is far more prone to missing shots than a controller user, who at a pro level should be hitting every single shot fairly quickly. Not only that but like I said before, the controller user will always be able hit their shots faster. These are just facts man, and no manner of strategy or big brain thinking is ever going to change that dynamic. People just want the game to be fair and balanced and right now they are clearly not.

Also you claim the mouse is better in every other situation when it is not. The only weapon that is better with the mouse is the Sniper rifle. Maybe the AR but they are pretty equal in my opinion. Even the sword and shotgun are way harder to use on mouse and you will get killed way more often missing with these weapons. The fact you are making this claim makes me question whether or not youve even played much on mouse and keyboard at all.
As kbm player, I haven't really noticed any difference in playing against other players with controller. I think people are using this "controller aim assist" as an excuse for being bad.
You're profile only has 9 hours of Reach listed. Do you have experience playing Halo on consoles using a controller aswell?
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
I
Halo is mostly about positioning, knowing the trajectory of your grenades, knowing the spawn of powerweapons and such. Like you said this game is completely different to most fps games. This game unlike those, is very easy. It holds your hand through everything. The bullet magnetism is a perfect example of that. This is why it's more about things like that and not about things like aim. It's more about using your brain to win rather than using pure aim and reflexes to win. Now that you say it I just realized that in itself is another great argument for why aa is not the big issue some people make it out to be.

Ok yes landing your shots if you are close enough to your target is easier with a controller I will admit that. The things is that landing shots in close range with a mouse is also very easy, just not as easy. The mouse makes up for this by being alot better in every single situation you can imagine except in 1v1 cqc with a single shot weapon like the DMR.
Yeah Halo is a strategical game, more even with Reach than other Halos. Well the original Reach pre TU that is. It wasn't about aim skill at the highest level, everyones skill is the same in that category ,which is why OG reach was hated by pros. Their aimskill meant nothing and they were no longer the best players. The best players were and still are unknown players.

However that being said there is still a big advantage with controller in this game. At the highest level, the mouse user is far more prone to missing shots than a controller user, who at a pro level should be hitting every single shot fairly quickly. Not only that but like I said before, the controller user will always be able hit their shots faster. These are just facts man, and no manner of strategy or big brain thinking is ever going to change that dynamic. People just want the game to be fair and balanced and right now they are clearly not.

Also you claim the mouse is better in every other situation when it is not. The only weapon that is better with the mouse is the Sniper rifle. Maybe the AR but they are pretty equal in my opinion. Even the sword and shotgun are way harder to use on mouse and you will get killed way more often missing with these weapons. The fact you are making this claim makes me question whether or not youve even played much on mouse and keyboard at all.
I have no issues with the shotgun and sword. Just tap when red and you're good to go. If you get camo you're unstoppable.

However note that when I say "in every other situation" I am not simply talking about the use of different weapons. For example using turrets on vehicles, vehicles in general, turning around to face someone on your back, every single long range fight with every single weapon, noscoping, flicking, looking around you for vision, etc. The list goes on endlessly.

There are very few times when controller has the advantage. The litteral only time a controller would give you the upper hand is when you're in a 1v1 in close quarters with a single shot weapon like the DMR and you face someone of equal skill and you are both prone to regularly miss. In that case the controller user will have an easier time hitting his shots and will probably win the duel. Though this is a common occurance it's not so common that it's the only encounter. This is hardly gamebreaking in my opinion.

Ps.
Controller does not give you higher fire rate. Neither does it reduce your bloom so I am not entirely sure what you mean.

Pss.
I do sometimes use a controller for it's simplicity and comfort but usually I play with kbm. Although I admit there are advantages to the controller there are advantages to the mouse as well. Quite big ones. I've owned consoles for almost my entire life but PC is just better and my go to for gaming so I am quite used to kbm. 1v1 me in typeracer and you won't question me anymore :P
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 71
  4. 72
  5. 73
  6. 74
  7. 75
  8. ...
  9. 85