Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 72
  4. 73
  5. 74
  6. 75
  7. 76
  8. ...
  9. 85
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Slickini wrote:
Slickini wrote:
This thead should be closed. It started out good but now it's nothing more than a platform for people to hate on 343.

kbm pros:
  • Pinpoint precision
  • Fast movement
  • Micro adjusting
kbm cons:
  • none
Controller pros:
  • Soft-lock aim assist
  • You can walk (Don't really think there is any way you can apply that to your advantage but it's something the keyboard can't do.)
Controller cons:
  • Analog stick (Imagine a car with a joystick. Pushing the stick forwards push the car forwards and pushing it backwards puts the car in reverse. Now imagine trying to park that car in a specific position. Now imagine that position constantly moving in a random direction. Seems hard yet? Now imagine that joystick instead of moving forward and reverse, goes in all possible directions and to top it off you have to stand outside the car. This gives you a massive margin of error compared to the mouse. This is why fps games with a mouse is the norm. There is a direct correlation between your movement and the position of the mouse whereas with a controller, there is not. This makes adjustments extremely hard, hence the dire need for aim assist on controllers. Without you would not get a very good gaming experience on any fps game.)
  • Slow movement
On paper kbm is inherently superior to the controller in every way. Until this is disproven 343 is completely right not to do any changes. Not would it only kill crossplay and with it any dreams for finding a game within the near future after the release of H4. It would be listening to the demands of the mob. I don't know why this thing took so much hype because the way most of you argue I can obviously understand that most people here haven't even used a controller and compared both inputs. Please understand that by saying "this is broken because I say so" puts 343 in a position where they either do nothing and look like they don't care. Or they listen to the demands of the mob and they make changes to the game based on people being upset instead of wether the game is unbalanced or not.

Complaining on the basis that you're upset achieves nothing. Atleast try being constructive and bring something to the table that is actually beneficial to your argument. If you manage to find indisputable evidence that aim assist on controller is inherently broken then I promise you that 343 will make changes. Until then you cannot expect them to risk breaking the game simply because you are upset.

Be reasonable.
We already disproved KBM is superior in Halo with many many many constructive comments.

Go read.
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
How dare you say in the first place there are no evidences when you don't read previous posts or even skim last pages?

Since you can't go read, here are some of video evidences proving controllers are overpowered:
Naded, pro Halo player: Controllers clearly overpoweredVideo showcasing how strong the AA is
The first video is just another guy complaining
?? You do realise this is Naded? Goodbye. Next
BANGHART wrote:
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all. In fact most of the big name pro players ive watched on console in the past have their aim sensitivity turned all the way down and turn incredibly slow. Go watch walshy play and see how slow his aim is. In Halo as far as input goes it is much more important to have consistent tracking.

It doesnt matter if you see them first, turn and acquire them first and get the first shot off, if the other player can hit 5 shots on target without missing. with a mouse this is much harder as each shot must be retrained on the opponent before shooting, where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast. The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder. whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This post should be pinned, quite frankly.
Oh but don't worry controller players have no idea that using m&k requires learning how to use a weapon instead of just spreeding the weapons. Good thing many of them don't play bf4/bf1 there just complain about not being able to land a shot simply cause you need to learn how to use each weapon and know there strengths and weakness. Assuming if bf4/bf1 ever had AA for controllers which I doubt it does.

But @BANGHART makes a point. Hes right on the money. And controllers don't seem to understand the unbalance of AA. All I hear is them defending it that it shouldn't be touch that it should stay OP so they can keep winning a unbalance game.
Slickini wrote:
Slickini wrote:
This thead should be closed. It started out good but now it's nothing more than a platform for people to hate on 343.

kbm pros:
  • Pinpoint precision
  • Fast movement
  • Micro adjusting
kbm cons:
  • none
Controller pros:
  • Soft-lock aim assist
  • You can walk (Don't really think there is any way you can apply that to your advantage but it's something the keyboard can't do.)
Controller cons:
  • Analog stick (Imagine a car with a joystick. Pushing the stick forwards push the car forwards and pushing it backwards puts the car in reverse. Now imagine trying to park that car in a specific position. Now imagine that position constantly moving in a random direction. Seems hard yet? Now imagine that joystick instead of moving forward and reverse, goes in all possible directions and to top it off you have to stand outside the car. This gives you a massive margin of error compared to the mouse. This is why fps games with a mouse is the norm. There is a direct correlation between your movement and the position of the mouse whereas with a controller, there is not. This makes adjustments extremely hard, hence the dire need for aim assist on controllers. Without you would not get a very good gaming experience on any fps game.)
  • Slow movement
On paper kbm is inherently superior to the controller in every way. Until this is disproven 343 is completely right not to do any changes. Not would it only kill crossplay and with it any dreams for finding a game within the near future after the release of H4. It would be listening to the demands of the mob. I don't know why this thing took so much hype because the way most of you argue I can obviously understand that most people here haven't even used a controller and compared both inputs. Please understand that by saying "this is broken because I say so" puts 343 in a position where they either do nothing and look like they don't care. Or they listen to the demands of the mob and they make changes to the game based on people being upset instead of wether the game is unbalanced or not.

Complaining on the basis that you're upset achieves nothing. Atleast try being constructive and bring something to the table that is actually beneficial to your argument. If you manage to find indisputable evidence that aim assist on controller is inherently broken then I promise you that 343 will make changes. Until then you cannot expect them to risk breaking the game simply because you are upset.

Be reasonable.
We already disproved KBM is superior in Halo with many many many constructive comments.

Go read.
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
How dare you say in the first place there are no evidences when you don't read previous posts or even skim last pages?

Since you can't go read, here are some of video evidences proving controllers are overpowered:
Naded, pro Halo player: Controllers clearly overpoweredVideo showcasing how strong the AA is
The first video is just another guy complaining. The second video is just a demonstration. Half the video they even complain about the bullet magnetism for the controller and they work the exact same way for both inputs as you can even see in the video itself if you are observant.

I'm not here to argue but bro I'm telling you. By being mad and grumpy you'll only get unrational and get nowhere. You're losing sight and you use every possible argument you can find that works in your favor, doesn't matter if it's true or not.

Look at the data and facts and at the aboslutely very least, try testing it out for yourself. You cannot claim to know this is an issue if you do not even know how it works at all.

I'm telling you this to help you. 343 can't break the game for your sake no matter how loud you scream. But maybe if you give them a reason they will.

I'm not going to respond to quotes like yours anymore as there is not point. This is the exact thing I told people not to do and yet most of the answers I get look exactly like this.
So, let me get this straight. There are individuals willing to provide you with evidence, you then dismiss it, tell them to look at the facts, but provide no facts or evidence yourself.

Hmmm...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
D dawgy wrote:
So, let me get this straight. There are individuals willing to provide you with evidence, you then dismiss it, tell them to look at the facts, but provide no facts or evidence yourself.

Hmmm...
I'm assuming that he just feels that controllers are just fine that there no need for any changes since he loves his sticks. Can you just imagine if M&K had AA then he would be complaining how its not fair an such. I get everyone arguement though many of the controller players don't even want to see balance to the game. And if there one thing that a true fact that many people have left the game. Now an days it just a steady 6k and my bet is there hardly any M&k players among myself that just play firefight. At least then I won't have to worry about feeling the wraith of AA with controllers.
D dawgy wrote:
So, let me get this straight. There are individuals willing to provide you with evidence, you then dismiss it, tell them to look at the facts, but provide no facts or evidence yourself.

Hmmm...
I'm assuming that he just feels that controllers are just fine that there no need for any changes since he loves his sticks. Can you just imagine if M&K had AA then he would be complaining how its not fair an such. I get everyone arguement though many of the controller players don't even want to see balance to the game. And if there one thing that a true fact that many people have left the game. Now an days it just a steady 6k and my bet is there hardly any M&k players among myself that just play firefight. At least then I won't have to worry about feeling the wraith of AA with controllers.
There is no need for AA with KB/M, and the only complaining if KB/M had AA would be from KB/M players.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
I
I have no issues with the shotgun and sword. Just tap when red and you're good to go. If you get camo you're unstoppable.

However note that when I say "in every other situation" I am not simply talking about the use of different weapons. For example using turrets on vehicles, vehicles in general, turning around to face someone on your back, every single long range fight with every single weapon, noscoping, flicking, looking around you for vision, etc. The list goes on endlessly.

There are very few times when controller has the advantage. The litteral only time a controller would give you the upper hand is when you're in a 1v1 in close quarters with a single shot weapon like the DMR and you face someone of equal skill and you are both prone to regularly miss. In that case the controller user will have an easier time hitting his shots and will probably win the duel. Though this is a common occurance it's not so common that it's the only encounter. This is hardly gamebreaking in my opinion.

Ps.
Controller does not give you higher fire rate. Neither does it reduce your bloom so I am not entirely sure what you mean.

Pss.
I do sometimes use a controller for it's simplicity and comfort but usually I play with kbm. Although I admit there are advantages to the controller there are advantages to the mouse as well. Quite big ones. I've owned consoles for almost my entire life but PC is just better and my go to for gaming so I am quite used to kbm. 1v1 me in typeracer and you won't question me anymore :P
Everything you listed such as vehicles and turrets are not even competitive things though. You are talking about big team battle which is a casual playlist. So I wasn't even talking about these things as they are a non issue most dont care about. Everything else you've stated I've already explained are not that important.

"every single long range fight with every single weapon,"

yeah you mean snipers and long range dmr (which is only in big team) already covered

"noscoping"

yeah, sniping, already covered that.

""flicking, looking around you for vision, etc. "

I just explained to you that these things are factors but they are small potatoes compared to "tracking". That is by far the single most important "mechanical" element to this game as I've explained.

"I have no issues with the shotgun and sword. Just tap when red and you're good to go. If you get camo you're unstoppable."

You clearly have no idea what youre talking about. Anybody that has used MKB will notice how much harder these weapons are to use and how much more skill they take. Especially the shotgun. The shotgun is a legit skill weapon on mouse. Incredibly hard to land shots with. I cant even believe you are trying to argue this.

"Controller does not give you higher fire rate. Neither does it reduce your bloom so I am not entirely sure what you mean."Facepalm man. ITS THE TRACKING. The aim assist allows your crosshair to track more consistent which allows you to spam dmr shots. With mouse every single shot must be readjusted and if you dont take your time you will miss shots. Why is this hard to understand? This is a fact man..
D dawgy wrote:
So, let me get this straight. There are individuals willing to provide you with evidence, you then dismiss it, tell them to look at the facts, but provide no facts or evidence yourself.

Hmmm...
I'm assuming that he just feels that controllers are just fine that there no need for any changes since he loves his sticks. Can you just imagine if M&K had AA then he would be complaining how its not fair an such. I get everyone arguement though many of the controller players don't even want to see balance to the game. And if there one thing that a true fact that many people have left the game. Now an days it just a steady 6k and my bet is there hardly any M&k players among myself that just play firefight. At least then I won't have to worry about feeling the wraith of AA with controllers.
There is no need for AA with KB/M, and the only complaining if KB/M had AA would be from KB/M players.
Well ya... KB/M players don't want a crutch; however, controller users swear, live and die by their crutch.
BANGHART wrote:
As kbm player, I haven't really noticed any difference in playing against other players with controller. I think people are using this "controller aim assist" as an excuse for being bad.
You're profile only has 9 hours of Reach listed. Do you have experience playing Halo on consoles using a controller aswell?
Those hours are insanely inaccurate. I play Reach via steam and I have a lot more than 9 hours.
BANGHART wrote:
As kbm player, I haven't really noticed any difference in playing against other players with controller. I think people are using this "controller aim assist" as an excuse for being bad.
You're profile only has 9 hours of Reach listed. Do you have experience playing Halo on consoles using a controller aswell?
Those hours are insanely inaccurate. I play Reach via steam and I have a lot more than 9 hours.
yeah I hear you. Im just curious if you have a lot of experience with controllers aswell. I can see you not being able to tell if thats the case. But somebody with a lot of exp on both mouse and controller should be able to notice the difference in my opinion
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
As kbm player, I haven't really noticed any difference in playing against other players with controller. I think people are using this "controller aim assist" as an excuse for being bad.
You're profile only has 9 hours of Reach listed. Do you have experience playing Halo on consoles using a controller aswell?
Those hours are insanely inaccurate. I play Reach via steam and I have a lot more than 9 hours.
yeah I hear you. Im just curious if you have a lot of experience with controllers aswell. I can see you not being able to tell if thats the case. But somebody with a lot of exp on both mouse and controller should be able to notice the difference in my opinion
-Yoink-, I'm sorry. I glossed over that question because I was fixated on searching why my insider was displaying false info lmao. But I've been used to playing most Halo titles on the xbox. Spent most of my days on Halo 3 & Reach on the good ol' 360. I haven't played it on console in a while though, but playing Reach with kbm now definitely feels a lot better than controller in my opinion.
BANGHART wrote:
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all. In fact most of the big name pro players ive watched on console in the past have their aim sensitivity turned all the way down and turn incredibly slow. Go watch walshy play and see how slow his aim is. In Halo as far as input goes it is much more important to have consistent tracking.

It doesnt matter if you see them first, turn and acquire them first and get the first shot off, if the other player can hit 5 shots on target without missing. with a mouse this is much harder as each shot must be retrained on the opponent before shooting, where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast. The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder. whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all.
"...here console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast" You're saying this like controllers give players the ability to kill their enemies faster... the only thing that matters is being able to acquire your target first and consistently hit headshots. Due to mice having insanely customizable sensitivity settings along with the ability to track more acute movements easier, I don't see how controllers are this much of a 'game breaking' issue as people claim them to be.

"The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder." Adjust your DPI to a reasonable medium where you can face off in close quarters DMR/pistol battles comfortably. Not too complicated.

"...whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all." Gandhi hopping, jumping, crouching, strafing, etc... but obviously none of these matter though. Kek.

This is coming from a veteran PC FPS player (first game was Command & Conquer Renegade in 2004) and a 50/50 controller/KBM Halo player. I have a 2.6 MCC K/D and hardly ever come up short in my DMR fights while using mouse and keyboard. I'm of the opinion that when a expert KBM user goes against an expert controller user, the muscle memory of the users most comfortable input device is what matters at the end of the day. Sure, controllers are relatively easier to get kills with due to aim assist, but I can't help but assume the majority of people complaining about the "iNsAnE AiM AsSiSt" are just mediocre KBM players. I've never had a problem going against teams of obvious controller users and I have a 3.0 W/L ratio to prove it.

Get outta here with all your complaining.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
It's super easy to make quotes. Sice you seem to know about so many such comments, why not just quote one? Validate your claims or they mean litteraly nothing.

You say "I think it's unbalanced" and expect 343 to make changes to a fundemental part of the game. After I tell you to lay out evidence for why it should be changed you say "nah I already have go read" You expect me to read through over 70 pages of text for something that might possibly be true. Do you honestly not realize how preposterous that is? You're being completely unreasonable and like I said it won't get you anywhere.
I
I have no issues with the shotgun and sword. Just tap when red and you're good to go. If you get camo you're unstoppable.

However note that when I say "in every other situation" I am not simply talking about the use of different weapons. For example using turrets on vehicles, vehicles in general, turning around to face someone on your back, every single long range fight with every single weapon, noscoping, flicking, looking around you for vision, etc. The list goes on endlessly.

There are very few times when controller has the advantage. The litteral only time a controller would give you the upper hand is when you're in a 1v1 in close quarters with a single shot weapon like the DMR and you face someone of equal skill and you are both prone to regularly miss. In that case the controller user will have an easier time hitting his shots and will probably win the duel. Though this is a common occurance it's not so common that it's the only encounter. This is hardly gamebreaking in my opinion.

Ps.
Controller does not give you higher fire rate. Neither does it reduce your bloom so I am not entirely sure what you mean.

Pss.
I do sometimes use a controller for it's simplicity and comfort but usually I play with kbm. Although I admit there are advantages to the controller there are advantages to the mouse as well. Quite big ones. I've owned consoles for almost my entire life but PC is just better and my go to for gaming so I am quite used to kbm. 1v1 me in typeracer and you won't question me anymore :P
Everything you listed such as vehicles and turrets are not even competitive things though. You are talking about big team battle which is a casual playlist. So I wasn't even talking about these things as they are a non issue most dont care about. Everything else you've stated I've already explained are not that important.

"every single long range fight with every single weapon,"

yeah you mean snipers and long range dmr (which is only in big team) already covered

"noscoping"

yeah, sniping, already covered that.

""flicking, looking around you for vision, etc. "

I just explained to you that these things are factors but they are small potatoes compared to "tracking". That is by far the single most important "mechanical" element to this game as I've explained.

"I have no issues with the shotgun and sword. Just tap when red and you're good to go. If you get camo you're unstoppable."

You clearly have no idea what youre talking about. Anybody that has used MKB will notice how much harder these weapons are to use and how much more skill they take. Especially the shotgun. The shotgun is a legit skill weapon on mouse. Incredibly hard to land shots with. I cant even believe you are trying to argue this.

"Controller does not give you higher fire rate. Neither does it reduce your bloom so I am not entirely sure what you mean."Facepalm man. ITS THE TRACKING. The aim assist allows your crosshair to track more consistent which allows you to spam dmr shots. With mouse every single shot must be readjusted and if you dont take your time you will miss shots. Why is this hard to understand? This is a fact man..
I'm going to be honest with you.

The reason you think vehicles are only for casual playlist, the reason you think long range fights only happen in big team battles, the reason you do not realize how important vision of your enemies and thereby knowing where to position yourself is important, the reason you have so many problems using shotguns and swords, the reason you do not think sniper is the single most important weapon in the game and lastly the reason you think you can shoot faster because of aim assist is... because you are bad...

I did not want to say it loudly but you litteraly dismiss everything I say by saying and I quote "You clearly have no idea what youre talking about."

I know what I'm talking about. I've played on both controller and kbm and I'm telling you man. Even with kbm you shouldn't miss. Just keep your crosshair in headheight, watch your bloom and let the magnetism do the work.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
BANGHART wrote:
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all. In fact most of the big name pro players ive watched on console in the past have their aim sensitivity turned all the way down and turn incredibly slow. Go watch walshy play and see how slow his aim is. In Halo as far as input goes it is much more important to have consistent tracking.

It doesnt matter if you see them first, turn and acquire them first and get the first shot off, if the other player can hit 5 shots on target without missing. with a mouse this is much harder as each shot must be retrained on the opponent before shooting, where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast. The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder. whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This post should be pinned, quite frankly.
This isn't Reddit, you can't pin posts. "Turning speed and target acquisition aren't important at all" in Halo? Lol, okay. I guess your barley positive K/D speaks for itself. "most pro players play on a slow sensitivity" Google 'mouse DPI'. "where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast." Controllers don't let you shoot faster, what does this sentence even mean? "whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all." Strafing just doesn't exist, I guess.
If this is the strongest argument anti-controller kids have then there's no surprise aim assist is here to stay.
1.76 KDA isn't barely positive, bud. And, I also play a mixture of basically every mode as well as play heavily for objectives in any mode I play. I play for the win, not the KDA. Go find a different game if you care so deeply about KDA.

It's funny to see you try to nitpick and take out of context every line he said (are you trolling or actually just stupid by saying "Controllers don't let you shoot faster"). I won't bother doing the same, but the deal is this:
Tracking to hit 5 consecutive shots is much harder on M/KB in medium-close range in particular. For console, you have to follow general movement with the stick. The skill is not aiming, but rather game sense and awareness. For mouse, you have to track manually (the skill is in the aiming most of all) and if they strafe unexpectedly, you have to flick back to them and retrack.

The higher the time to kill, the better the controller is. SWAT is a joke when I play vs controller players, but regular slayer? Reach is the most difficult game due to 5 shots (rather than 4 or 3 from halo 3 or 1). I won't bother saying more on this topic. Everything has been said.
BANGHART wrote:
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all. In fact most of the big name pro players ive watched on console in the past have their aim sensitivity turned all the way down and turn incredibly slow. Go watch walshy play and see how slow his aim is. In Halo as far as input goes it is much more important to have consistent tracking.

It doesnt matter if you see them first, turn and acquire them first and get the first shot off, if the other player can hit 5 shots on target without missing. with a mouse this is much harder as each shot must be retrained on the opponent before shooting, where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast. The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder. whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This post should be pinned, quite frankly.
This isn't Reddit, you can't pin posts. "Turning speed and target acquisition aren't important at all" in Halo? Lol, okay. I guess your barley positive K/D speaks for itself. "most pro players play on a slow sensitivity" Google 'mouse DPI'. "where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast." Controllers don't let you shoot faster, what does this sentence even mean? "whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all." Strafing just doesn't exist, I guess.
If this is the strongest argument anti-controller kids have then there's no surprise aim assist is here to stay.
1.76 KDA isn't barely positive, bud. And, I also play a mixture of basically every mode as well as play heavily for objectives in any mode I play. I play for the win, not the KDA. Go find a different game if you care so deeply about KDA.

It's funny to see you try to nitpick and take out of context every line he said. I won't bother doing the same, but the deal is this:
Tracking to hit 5 consecutive shots is much harder on M/KB in medium-close range in particular. For console, you have to follow general movement with the stick. The skill is not aiming, but rather game sense and awareness. For mouse, you have to track manually (the skill is in the aiming most of all) and if they strafe unexpectedly, you have to flick back to them and retrack.

The higher the time to kill, the better the controller is. SWAT is a joke when I play vs controller players, but regular slayer? Reach is the most difficult game due to 5 shots (rather than 4 or 3 from halo 3 or 1). I won't bother saying more on this topic. Everything has been said.
The higher the time to kill, the better the controller is. That... literally, entirely, reinforces my previous post about how anti aim assist complainers are just mediocre KBM players. I have no problem consistently hitting headshots with keyboard and mouse - regardless of TTK. I'm not saying I'm the best with KBM, and there are probably millions out there who are better than me. That said, adjusting your DPI to a setting where you will be able to smoothly is the key to excelling in DMR duels.
BANGHART wrote:
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all. In fact most of the big name pro players ive watched on console in the past have their aim sensitivity turned all the way down and turn incredibly slow. Go watch walshy play and see how slow his aim is. In Halo as far as input goes it is much more important to have consistent tracking.

It doesnt matter if you see them first, turn and acquire them first and get the first shot off, if the other player can hit 5 shots on target without missing. with a mouse this is much harder as each shot must be retrained on the opponent before shooting, where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast. The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder. whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This post should be pinned, quite frankly.
This isn't Reddit, you can't pin posts. "Turning speed and target acquisition aren't important at all" in Halo? Lol, okay. I guess your barley positive K/D speaks for itself. "most pro players play on a slow sensitivity" Google 'mouse DPI'. "where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast." Controllers don't let you shoot faster, what does this sentence even mean? "whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all." Strafing just doesn't exist, I guess.
If this is the strongest argument anti-controller kids have then there's no surprise aim assist is here to stay.
My k/d was bugged. There was a glitch that caused kills to count as deaths that just got patched. Since the patch my k/d has already gone up by .3

Also my k/d on OG reach was 2.0 which is pretty good for somebody that plays with randoms and plays mostly objective based games.

Youre inability to comprehend what I was saying is laughable though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 72
  4. 73
  5. 74
  6. 75
  7. 76
  8. ...
  9. 85