Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 73
  4. 74
  5. 75
  6. 76
  7. 77
  8. ...
  9. 85
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all. In fact most of the big name pro players ive watched on console in the past have their aim sensitivity turned all the way down and turn incredibly slow. Go watch walshy play and see how slow his aim is. In Halo as far as input goes it is much more important to have consistent tracking.

It doesnt matter if you see them first, turn and acquire them first and get the first shot off, if the other player can hit 5 shots on target without missing. with a mouse this is much harder as each shot must be retrained on the opponent before shooting, where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast. The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder. whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This post should be pinned, quite frankly.
This isn't Reddit, you can't pin posts. "Turning speed and target acquisition aren't important at all" in Halo? Lol, okay. I guess your barley positive K/D speaks for itself. "most pro players play on a slow sensitivity" Google 'mouse DPI'. "where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast." Controllers don't let you shoot faster, what does this sentence even mean? "whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all." Strafing just doesn't exist, I guess.
If this is the strongest argument anti-controller kids have then there's no surprise aim assist is here to stay.
My k/d was bugged. There was a glitch that caused kills to count as deaths that just got patched. Since the patch my k/d has already gone up by .3

Also my k/d on OG reach was 2.0 which is pretty good for somebody that plays with randoms and plays mostly objective based games.

Youre inability to comprehend what I was saying is laughable though.
I wasn't unable to comprehend your sorry excuse of an argument, I was pointing out how incredibly wrong you were on all accounts.
BANGHART wrote:
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
This isn't Reddit, you can't pin posts. "Turning speed and target acquisition aren't important at all" in Halo? Lol, okay. I guess your barley positive K/D speaks for itself.
I actually said this "Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all."

Notice the word "that" you seemed to remove. Pretty important in context, no? Why do so many pro players play on low sensitivity if this wasnt the case?? LOL
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all. In fact most of the big name pro players ive watched on console in the past have their aim sensitivity turned all the way down and turn incredibly slow. Go watch walshy play and see how slow his aim is. In Halo as far as input goes it is much more important to have consistent tracking.

It doesnt matter if you see them first, turn and acquire them first and get the first shot off, if the other player can hit 5 shots on target without missing. with a mouse this is much harder as each shot must be retrained on the opponent before shooting, where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast. The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder. whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This post should be pinned, quite frankly.
This isn't Reddit, you can't pin posts. "Turning speed and target acquisition aren't important at all" in Halo? Lol, okay. I guess your barley positive K/D speaks for itself. "most pro players play on a slow sensitivity" Google 'mouse DPI'. "where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast." Controllers don't let you shoot faster, what does this sentence even mean? "whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all." Strafing just doesn't exist, I guess.
If this is the strongest argument anti-controller kids have then there's no surprise aim assist is here to stay.
My k/d was bugged. There was a glitch that caused kills to count as deaths that just got patched. Since the patch my k/d has already gone up by .3

Also my k/d on OG reach was 2.0 which is pretty good for somebody that plays with randoms and plays mostly objective based games.

Youre inability to comprehend what I was saying is laughable though.
I wasn't unable to comprehend your sorry excuse of an argument, I was pointing out how incredibly wrong you were on all accounts.
How can you point out I was wrong if you cant even comprehend what I was saying? LOL

You actually thought that I was trying to say that controllers increase rate of fire LOL. funny stuff
BANGHART wrote:

I found the controller player that refuses to try it for himself and doesn't want them to make the game fair
Yeah he thinks I was saying that the controller makes you actually able to shoot faster. Like increase the rate of fire lol. Some of these guys on here really do not want their controllers nerfed LOL
BANGHART wrote:
Yeah he thinks I was saying that the controller makes you actually able to shoot faster. Like increase the rate of fire lol. Some of these guys on here really do not want their controllers nerfed LOL
There is litteraly not a single viable argument for saying you can shoot faster with a controller. You're grasping at straws here.

The argument has been from the start and will always be. If 2 players of equal skill and both are prone to regurarly miss face eachother in a 1v1 with a single shot weapon like the DMR in close quarters combat the controller player will have an easier time tracking their opponent compared to a mouse user and will most likely win the duel since he won't miss as much.

Nobody can deny this, it's simply a fact. But adding a bunch of unsustainable arguments won't help your case.
BANGHART wrote:

1.76 KDA isn't barely positive, bud. And, I also play a mixture of basically every mode as well as play heavily for objectives in any mode I play. I play for the win, not the KDA. Go find a different game if you care so deeply about KDA.

It's funny to see you try to nitpick and take out of context every line he said. I won't bother doing the same, but the deal is this:
Tracking to hit 5 consecutive shots is much harder on M/KB in medium-close range in particular. For console, you have to follow general movement with the stick. The skill is not aiming, but rather game sense and awareness. For mouse, you have to track manually (the skill is in the aiming most of all) and if they strafe unexpectedly, you have to flick back to them and retrack.

The higher the time to kill, the better the controller is. SWAT is a joke when I play vs controller players, but regular slayer? Reach is the most difficult game due to 5 shots (rather than 4 or 3 from halo 3 or 1). I won't bother saying more on this topic. Everything has been said.
The higher the time to kill, the better the controller is. That... literally, entirely, reinforces my previous post about how anti aim assist complainers are just mediocre KBM players. I have no problem consistently hitting headshots with keyboard and mouse - regardless of TTK. I'm not saying I'm the best with KBM, and there are probably millions out there who are better than me. That said, adjusting your DPI to a setting where you will be able to smoothly is the key to excelling in DMR duels.
adjusting my DPI way down helped tremendously. But I have had to adjust from more of a wrist player to using my entire mouse pad and arm, but getting there.

However, they still should reduce AA by 20% at least.
BANGHART wrote:

1.76 KDA isn't barely positive, bud. And, I also play a mixture of basically every mode as well as play heavily for objectives in any mode I play. I play for the win, not the KDA. Go find a different game if you care so deeply about KDA.

It's funny to see you try to nitpick and take out of context every line he said. I won't bother doing the same, but the deal is this:
Tracking to hit 5 consecutive shots is much harder on M/KB in medium-close range in particular. For console, you have to follow general movement with the stick. The skill is not aiming, but rather game sense and awareness. For mouse, you have to track manually (the skill is in the aiming most of all) and if they strafe unexpectedly, you have to flick back to them and retrack.

The higher the time to kill, the better the controller is. SWAT is a joke when I play vs controller players, but regular slayer? Reach is the most difficult game due to 5 shots (rather than 4 or 3 from halo 3 or 1). I won't bother saying more on this topic. Everything has been said.
The higher the time to kill, the better the controller is. That... literally, entirely, reinforces my previous post about how anti aim assist complainers are just mediocre KBM players. I have no problem consistently hitting headshots with keyboard and mouse - regardless of TTK. I'm not saying I'm the best with KBM, and there are probably millions out there who are better than me. That said, adjusting your DPI to a setting where you will be able to smoothly is the key to excelling in DMR duels.
adjusting my DPI way down helped tremendously. But I have had to adjust from more of a wrist player to using my entire mouse pad and arm, but getting there.

However, they still should reduce AA by 20% at least.
I can easily get on board with a 20% reduction in aim assist. The sad thing in this thread are all the people complaining to the extent where they're calling aim assist in general "game breaking" and acting like controller users are ruining the game.
BANGHART wrote:
"where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast." So what does this even mean then? They can get thost 5 shots off "super fast" due to the 100% aim magnetism? Lmao
HH TrypZ wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

I found the controller player that refuses to try it for himself and doesn't want them to make the game fair
I said earlier I'm a 50/50 KBM/controller player. I mainly use KBM in MP and controller in campaign and Firefight. I find it hilarious how you correlate using a controller to not playing the game fairly - I never have problems consistently hitting headshots with KBM. This just reinforces my previous statement that aim assist isn't really the problem here, it's mediocre keyboard players looking for an excuse to pin their poor performance on.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
This isn't Reddit, you can't pin posts. "Turning speed and target acquisition aren't important at all" in Halo? Lol, okay. I guess your barley positive K/D speaks for itself.
I actually said this "Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all."

Notice the word "that" you seemed to remove. Pretty important in context, no? Why do so many pro players play on low sensitivity if this wasnt the case?? LOL
What's ironic is that target acquisition is the key to starting off with the upper hand in a DMR fight, or any FPS for that matter. You're flat out refusing to acknowledge this and instead complain about controller users being able to "lock in" and make all shots with ease, when in reality, a good KBM user can not only overexcel at any performance provided by a controller, but it is in fact easier to line up shots with a good DPI sensitivity using a mouse.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
BANGHART wrote:
There is litteraly not a single viable argument for saying you can shoot faster with a controller. You're grasping at straws here.

The argument has been from the start and will always be. If 2 players of equal skill and both are prone to regurarly miss face eachother in a 1v1 with a single shot weapon like the DMR in close quarters combat the controller player will have an easier time tracking their opponent compared to a mouse user and will most likely win the duel since he won't miss as much.

Nobody can deny this, it's simply a fact. But adding a bunch of unsustainable arguments won't help your case.
Ah, found the troll. I assume you just enjoy trolling forums at this point. I won't be reading/responding to you again...
Sadly he’s not a troll. He DM’d me saying I’m a pathological liar, accusing me of photoshopping and even editing the halo waypoint page to modify my service record and stats to look better lol. Once I found out how to show it publicly, he suddenly stopped. He has mental issues.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

What's ironic is that target acquisition is the key to starting off with the upper hand in a DMR fight, or any FPS for that matter. You're flat out refusing to acknowledge this and instead complain about controller users being able to "lock in" and make all shots with ease, when in reality, a good KBM user can not only overexcel at any performance provided by a controller, but it is in fact easier to line up shots with a good DPI sensitivity using a mouse.
You don’t even play competitive/hardcore so how would you even know?

People that are complaining about aim assist in social games don’t have a legitimate complaint. It is in hardcore or any competitive setting where aim assist has no place at all.
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Ah, found the troll. I assume you just enjoy trolling forums at this point. I won't be reading/responding to you again...
Sadly he’s not a troll. He DM’d me saying I’m a pathological liar, accusing me of photoshopping and even editing the halo waypoint page to modify my service record and stats to look better lol. Once I found out how to show it publicly, he suddenly stopped. He has mental issues.
Jesus Christ! Yea, that guy has some serious issues going on.

SafeCargo, seek help my dude. Input-based matchmaking will come, so don't lose your mind over this thread.

For the record, I would only turn on input-based matchmaking for competitive. Socials I don't care if I get outperformed here and there.
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Input-based matchmaking will come
It will? When? I really hope that's true, because so far 343 has done nothing to make the inputs fair. Controller aim assist is still ridiculously overpowered. 1400+ replies.
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

You don’t even play competitive/hardcore so how would you even know?

People that are complaining about aim assist in social games don’t have a legitimate complaint. It is in hardcore or any competitive setting where aim assist has no place at all.
I'll be playing a good amount of Halo 2 Team Hardcore when it comes out, Reach's FFA and BTB are what I like the most, so I'll stick to that for now.
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Input-based matchmaking will come
It will? When? I really hope that's true, because so far 343 has done nothing to make the inputs fair. Controller aim assist is still ridiculously overpowered. 1400+ replies.
It was in their backlog listed in the Jan update
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 73
  4. 74
  5. 75
  6. 76
  7. 77
  8. ...
  9. 85