Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 74
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. ...
  9. 85
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
Yeah he thinks I was saying that the controller makes you actually able to shoot faster. Like increase the rate of fire lol. Some of these guys on here really do not want their controllers nerfed LOL
There is litteraly not a single viable argument for saying you can shoot faster with a controller. You're grasping at straws here.

The argument has been from the start and will always be. If 2 players of equal skill and both are prone to regurarly miss face eachother in a 1v1 with a single shot weapon like the DMR in close quarters combat the controller player will have an easier time tracking their opponent compared to a mouse user and will most likely win the duel since he won't miss as much.

Nobody can deny this, it's simply a fact. But adding a bunch of unsustainable arguments won't help your case.
Ah, found the troll. I assume you just enjoy trolling forums at this point. I won't be reading/responding to you again...
Sadly he’s not a troll. He DM’d me saying I’m a pathological liar, accusing me of photoshopping and even editing the halo waypoint page to modify my service record and stats to look better lol. Once I found out how to show it publicly, he suddenly stopped. He has mental issues.
Input-based matchmaking will come
It will? When? I really hope that's true, because so far 343 has done nothing to make the inputs fair. Controller aim assist is still ridiculously overpowered. 1400+ replies.
Exactly 1500 now and 2 months later and nothing has been done. So basically this topic could be closed because it's clear nothing will be done as they seemingly only wanted their console players to buy MCC again for double cash, otherwise they could've/would've/SHOULD HAVE easily given every Xbox MCC player MCC PC for free or at least with a big discount.
It might also be the reason the port turned out so terrible from the beginning because original MCC players are used to these kind of quality standards from 343, screw the new players who expected something different.
The laziest and easiest thing they could do is to simply disable controllers on ranked playlists. I don't know why we have to wait 6 months for that
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
Yeah he thinks I was saying that the controller makes you actually able to shoot faster. Like increase the rate of fire lol. Some of these guys on here really do not want their controllers nerfed LOL
There is litteraly not a single viable argument for saying you can shoot faster with a controller. You're grasping at straws here.

The argument has been from the start and will always be. If 2 players of equal skill and both are prone to regurarly miss face eachother in a 1v1 with a single shot weapon like the DMR in close quarters combat the controller player will have an easier time tracking their opponent compared to a mouse user and will most likely win the duel since he won't miss as much.

Nobody can deny this, it's simply a fact. But adding a bunch of unsustainable arguments won't help your case.
Ah, found the troll. I assume you just enjoy trolling forums at this point. I won't be reading/responding to you again...
Sadly he’s not a troll. He DM’d me saying I’m a pathological liar, accusing me of photoshopping and even editing the halo waypoint page to modify my service record and stats to look better lol. Once I found out how to show it publicly, he suddenly stopped. He has mental issues.
I dm'd you? Bruh you spammed me...

First you sent me a screenshot and wouldn't to set your profile to public. You still claim you only play ranked and yet you have 600 games with those stats and you're STILL only rank 23. Of course I will call you a liar when you're so sketchy and won't leave me alone.

Seen you post so many times and not one single time you've actually bothered to come up with an argument for why aim assist is so extremely broken. All you've ever told anyone is "i'M sO mUcH bEtTeR tHaN yOu sO mY oPiNiOn iS mOrE vALiD"

Get outta here. Now I'll just wait for another quote where you and everyone else once again feels they need to say something to prove their point but they can't come up with a reason why so they're either going to
1. Invalidate my opinion
2. say 343 sucks
3. Link some half done video that proves nothing or...
4. Tell me it's true because Summit1G said and therefore every pro ever agrees with you.

Take your pick. Usually in a debate one would make an argument and another one would make a counter argument. This is just a -Yoink- of people invalidating other peoples opinion because their stats aren't good enough and if they happen to good enough to have an opinion they're just stupid and don't know what they're talking about. I feel bad for 343 who has to put up with such a toxic community. I'm done, I won't respond anymore since there's no point so don't quote me unless you have an uncrontrollable desire to invalidate my opinion by saying something unrelated like how I need help with my mental health or if you really feel like your helping your case by telling everyone how wrong I am because you think so and other people on the same bandwagon you're on agree with you so it must be true.
Are you okay? Literally everything you’ve said is just flat out wrong lol. You did DM me, but I didn’t say you DM’d me first. AlI I did was post a stream of my service record because you asked for proof in this thread; didn’t insult you or anything, just said here you go. And then you went all -Yoink- crazy accusing me of editing the website, photoshopping etc. when I legit had no idea why my record was not public.

I also never said I only play ranked (way to completely fabricate that, you -Yoinking!- liar). Go look at all my posts, you seem the type of person that would do that. Oh wait, you’d probably accuse me of editing every single one of them.

I’ve already stated my opinions on aim assist many times, none of which have anything to do with the points you listed.

Also you’ve already stated you would not respond to me again but you keep doing it, sounds like you’re the pathological liar.
Is this still a thing? I don't feel it on controller. Maybe you keyboard and mouse kids just suck. The world grows more pretentious everyday.
bam9762 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

First you sent me a screenshot and wouldn't to set your profile to public. You still claim you only play ranked and yet you have 600 games with those stats and you're STILL only rank 23. Of course I will call you a liar when you're so sketchy and won't leave me alone.

Seen you post so many times and not one single time you've actually bothered to come up with an argument for why aim assist is so extremely broken. All you've ever told anyone is "i'M sO mUcH bEtTeR tHaN yOu sO mY oPiNiOn iS mOrE vALiD"

Get outta here. Now I'll just wait for another quote where you and everyone else once again feels they need to say something to prove their point but they can't come up with a reason why so they're either going to
1. Invalidate my opinion
2. say 343 sucks
4. Tell me it's true because Summit1G said and therefore every pro ever agrees with you.

Take your pick. Usually in a debate one would make an argument and another one would make a counter argument. This is just a -Yoink- of people invalidating other peoples opinion because their stats aren't good enough and if they happen to good enough to have an opinion they're just stupid and don't know what they're talking about. I feel bad for 343 who has to put up with such a toxic community. I'm done, I won't respond anymore since there's no point so don't quote me unless you have an uncrontrollable desire to invalidate my opinion by saying something unrelated like how I need help with my mental health or if you really feel like your helping your case by telling everyone how wrong I am because you think so and other people on the same bandwagon you're on agree with you so it must be true.
Are you okay? Literally everything you’ve said is just flat out wrong lol. You did DM me, but I didn’t say you DM’d me first. AlI I did was post a stream of my service record because you asked for proof in this thread; didn’t insult you or anything, just said here you go. And then you went all -Yoink- crazy accusing me of editing the website, photoshopping etc. when I legit had no idea why my record was not public.

I also never said I only play ranked (way to completely fabricate that, you -Yoinking!- liar). Go look at all my posts, you seem the type of person that would do that. Oh wait, you’d probably accuse me of editing every single one of them.

I’ve already stated my opinions on aim assist many times, none of which have anything to do with the points you listed.

Also you’ve already stated you would not respond to me again but you keep doing it, sounds like you’re the pathological liar.
Are you guys going to 1v1? Please do. It is only honorable the both of you settle the differences in game and whoever wins is clearly right.
<p></p>
bam9762 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

1. Invalidate my opinion
2. say 343 sucks

Thank you for proving my point by making a post saying the exact things I described you would say.

You're so unsure of your own hypothesis you have to resort to lies and depreciation. I really really want to not respond but you're just such an infuriating guy that it's hard. It doesn't make me a liar. It just makes you a troll. A successful troll, but a troll nonetheless.
Opt in or out on ranked, done. It’s not that serious, it’s an ancient game at this point with Infinite about to shadow it even more, it NEEDS population to preserve our classic titles and crossplay is the way.
Is this still a thing? I don't feel it on controller. Maybe you keyboard and mouse kids just suck. The world grows more pretentious everyday.
Nice bait.
bam9762 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

1. Invalidate my opinion
2. say 343 sucks

Thank you for proving my point by making a post saying the exact things I described you would say.

You're so unsure of your own hypothesis you have to resort to lies and depreciation. I really really want to not respond but you're just such an infuriating guy that it's hard. It doesn't make me a liar. It just makes you a troll. A successful troll, but a troll nonetheless.
1v1 him man, put him in his place.
I use a controller when I want to play sitting on my bed with a bigger screen and I really don't find it that much of an advantaged. Head shots are a bit more annoying to get and it can sometimes focus on a different target if there is a group. But it's insanely strong when you are being shot from behind and you just spin around and have an instant lock on them it's really op. They honestly just need to Nerf some aspects of it and remove it from ranked. It does make it alot easier to use a controller but without it they would be useless.
I only use a controller when I want to sit with my back to the screen doing 360 no scope ricochet trick shots while I get rock tight neck.
But... your profile says you haven't even played Master Chief Collection...

Did i just get baited?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content or bypassing the profanity filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show
D dawgy wrote:
But... your profile says you haven't even played Master Chief Collection...

Did i just get baited?
I don't know why it says that must be my privacy settings because I do play haha.
bam9762 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

I'm done, I won't respond anymore since there's no point so don't quote me
Thank god.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
Spoiler:
Show
HH TrypZ wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
Halo is a console-based game, both Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Vista launched with almost identical amounts of controller aim assist. Mice acquire targets in FPS titles undoubtedly faster than controllers do, yet so many people are complaining about controller aim assist when controllers are already limited in their turning radius and acquisition time as a consequence. Regardless of controller aim assist, I think KBM users have a clear advantage over controller users despite how much aim magnetism is factored in.
Turning speed and target acquisition are very important for twitch shooters but in Halo they aren't that important at all. In fact most of the big name pro players ive watched on console in the past have their aim sensitivity turned all the way down and turn incredibly slow. Go watch walshy play and see how slow his aim is. In Halo as far as input goes it is much more important to have consistent tracking.

It doesnt matter if you see them first, turn and acquire them first and get the first shot off, if the other player can hit 5 shots on target without missing. with a mouse this is much harder as each shot must be retrained on the opponent before shooting, where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast. The closer you are the more the mouse player has to adjust for each strafe and it makes it even harder. whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This post should be pinned, quite frankly.
This isn't Reddit, you can't pin posts. "Turning speed and target acquisition aren't important at all" in Halo? Lol, okay. I guess your barley positive K/D speaks for itself. "most pro players play on a slow sensitivity" Google 'mouse DPI'. "where console players once they have you tracked they have you locked in and can get those 5 shots off super fast." Controllers don't let you shoot faster, what does this sentence even mean? "whereas the controller player has no issue tracking at all." Strafing just doesn't exist, I guess.
If this is the strongest argument anti-controller kids have then there's no surprise aim assist is here to stay.
I found the controller player that refuses to try it for himself and doesn't want them to make the game fair
I said earlier I'm a 50/50 KBM/controller player. I mainly use KBM in MP and controller in campaign and Firefight. I find it hilarious how you correlate using a controller to not playing the game fairly - I never have problems consistently hitting headshots with KBM. This just reinforces my previous statement that aim assist isn't really the problem here, it's mediocre keyboard players looking for an excuse to pin their poor performance on.
I am also on KB/M and play primarily competitive and it is a problem. A problem big enough to deter a large quantity of the competitive pc player base and be one of the largest talked about issue in the game. ranging from low level players, to pros, to top streamers, everyone agrees. If you don't agree I am willing to bet you have not played competitive higher than level 15, or you are a professional KB/M player of some sort. I can confidently say that my aim is well above average and I am in a constant struggle to get that final headshot. It's not all the time, my snipes are also fine, but it is still constantly an issue even after playing enough games into Tour 4.

The issue is not that you can't get headshots, the problem is how difficult it is to land 5 shots on a strafing enemy consistently in comparison to the difficulty level on a controller. a simple sidestep can cause a KB/M player to completely miss a shot while the enemy using a controller barely has to even put thought into it to land 5 shots as the aim assist just follows the opponent and they are barely even affected by an enemy strafe. It is not impossible to play against, but the skill level you need to be at in order to even compete at all is ridiculous. This has never been an issue in any other PC FPS and that is because of the pace of Halo and the long TTK.

This creates a line where even relatively decent PC players can not compete aim wise against even sub par controller users. I haven't touched a controller in nearly 5+ years. I have ALWAYS been trash with a controller. I decided to try it myself. In casuals I was top fragging every game. My aim was so incredibly sloppy and I STILL 5 shot enemies consistently. that should not happen.

I am personally not asking to get rid of it entirely. I think controller players should be able to compete and play with their KB/M Friends, especially when Xplay is added.
But there needs to be a balance, otherwise the game will continue to decline, a competitive PC scene will never be a thing, and you will just move part of the xbox community over to PC and the PC players will play a game they don't need to deal with unfair advantages on.
Today the game has dipped below 2k online players in a constant and steady decline that will continue. How many of those are playing multiplayer and even smaller yet how many are playing competitively now? How many of those are just players who owned the game on Xbox and have simply taken a early pre new Xbox hardware upgrade? Probably most.

Aim Assist is a non compatible variable of balance between the inputs for a truly competitive experience and the lack of acknowledgement by the core community is astounding, but also not surprising due to Stockholm like tendencies that have arisen from years of lackluster provisions to a most beloved series.

The blatant Aim Assist scandal that halo pc has produced has condemned the game and likely the rest of mcc pc to be played by a small legacy USA controller Xbox population. 343 are a collective of esport incompetent individuals who work for a pay check and do understand or care for the culture halo once so proudly stood for under the creative direction of its original creators. There goals and desires as a company do not align with the mass consumer market nor those who have the series best interest for the gamers at heart.

next up on the Grand disappointing failures is that halo infinite will just be a cheap re hashe known as halo five 2 , which in the main focus will be "compelling storytelling" which will both be simultaneously out of touch with the games roots both in narrative and gameplay style. Long gone are the days of blind optimism based on the works of there predecessor, to presume anything less is to ignore this entire 343 saga since the launch of halo 4 and there subsequent (at this point) miserable work.
All I know is within 24 hours base on steam. Only 5,613 so far. Though I seen it get that low and then goes back up to 6k mark. For how long will it stay steady at that its hard to say. Though it surely not as populated as it used to even at the 20k mark at least you can find matchs. Now an days you have to wait to get in a server depending on time. I'm based in the US. Honestly though I just find multiplayer so boring ok sure I know its a 10 plus year old games. And its nothing compare to today's game like it use to be. Though something needs to be done about this kb/m vs controller. What just does it for me and I will be the first I suck at this game on casual playing. And I surely do not find myself laughing much or having a blast like I use to back with Halo CE on pc back in its day.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 74
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. ...
  9. 85