Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 77
  4. 78
  5. 79
  6. 80
  7. 81
  8. ...
  9. 85
D dawgy wrote:
Only one comment I read out of the last couple pages seemed most correct.

The issue is the implementation of the mouse & keyboard onto Halo Reach PC. Not only is there screen tearing and apparent issues with stuttering and frame inconsistencies, but the sensitivity is just wrong.

Not every 'single' person is a 50. Not everyone on a controller just 'is a 50'. Not every single person playing on either Xbox or Windows is literally 'an aimbot'.
These misconceptions are insane that I'm reading on here.
If you're a 25 because 'aim assist', I assure you -- it's not 'because' of aim assist. It's because you are a level 25. Unless you improve in whatever is making you a level 25, and it's not aim assist, you won't get past a level 25.

Yes, sniping with a mouse is extremely easy. I can't imagine thinking it's not. Either you don't know how to snipe in Halo (you follow your target and predict there movement in front. You 'only' flick if you're no scoping) or you simply are on too high of a sensitivity. This is BOTH controller and Mouse & Keyboard issues...because that's reliant on bullet magnetism.
You aren't "losing your battles to aim assist". This is crap summit 1g used to vilify the title for him not understanding what a horrible decision is mid-match, and him not coming to terms with just not being good at a game..he played for all of 2 weeks.

Competitive play. Hilarious.
"You are completely underestimating how many PC players want to play competitively and couldn't care less about unlocks and XP.".
Imagine how narrow minded and out of touch with the competitive community you MUST be to think you can break into the top 32 teams by all of 2 months of playing a Halo game. There are people who grinded Halo for 4 years non-stop who are STILL trying to break into top 32. That's not only disrespectful to ALL of the Halo AM players, but to yourself. You're setting an expectation you won't ever be able to achieve, especially if the complaint is 'I can't get better because aim assist'.

The current consensus here:
"I can't accurately hit shots, so nerf a mechanic that inherently isn't causing me to not hit shots so 'maybe' I can have more of a chance to hit shots".
Yeah, I'm sure that'll certainly allow you to learn how to 5 shot in a game where team communication, knowledge, and situational decision making are inherently more important than perfecting someone. Good idea, community. You're brilliant. Please, build us a rocket ship, too.

Instead of spending your weeks-on-end commenting about how '-Yoink-' aim assist is, why not consider learning how to play the game?
Food for thought.

Last food for thought:
Controls have a default sensitivity of a lower vertical verses horizontal sensitivity. The mouse doesn't have these sliders. The mouse sensitivity is also unnatural feeling comparing it to other games. Not to mention frame skipping, tearing and all the other artifacts that exist. Why are we not discussing these? Why are we attempting to say "Oh, well it's controllers fault our accuracy is bad", instead of thinking "Hm, maybe there is something wrong with the mouse & keyboard implementation"?
This thread should be closed. And re-opened with reference to it with rules as to what to say or do. Because honestly, 78 pages of 'blame' doesn't look good. And it certainly isn't helping that it's mostly the same few hundred people just having a conversation to 'remove controllers all together from existence', as if this is the reason why they just simply cannot aim in this game.
I think the single most hypocritical thing a controller user can say to a kbm user is "you suck, git gud", when controllers need an additional aim assist mechanic (in the form of player magnetism) to even stay relevant.

In the most competitive scenario, balance is what must be thought of first and foremost. And when a simple thing like input method already breaks the balance, you can't have a competitive game.
I think the problem is best summarized as thus:

Controller aim assist for PC is vastly OVERtuned.

KB / M aim assist for PC is vastly UNDERtuned.

It's not as simple as "this good, this bad", but the advantage controller has over KB/M right now is palpable when it comes to things such as strafing and accuracy, and has been proven several times over to exist. The advantages or disadvantages between the two should be vastly minimized.

That being said, 343 deserves a lot of credit for noting that it's on their radar or for paying it mind at all, especially considering that reach is... close to 10 years old at this point and was developed with an entirely different console in mind? I'm glad they aren't rushing it. Far better that they get it right than shove it out the door like a buggy mess (unlike a certain other company of late *COUGHBlizzardCOUGH*.
Quote:
That being said, 343 deserves a lot of credit for noting that it's on their radar or for paying it mind at all, especially considering that reach is... close to 10 years old at this point and was developed with an entirely different console in mind? I'm glad they aren't rushing it. Far better that they get it right than shove it out the door like a buggy mess (unlike a certain other company of late *COUGHBlizzardCOUGH*.
mcc on pc was rushed out though? what u on about
SodaSaint wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Only one comment I read out of the last couple pages seemed most correct.

The issue is the implementation of the mouse & keyboard onto Halo Reach PC. Not only is there screen tearing and apparent issues with stuttering and frame inconsistencies, but the sensitivity is just wrong.

Not every 'single' person is a 50. Not everyone on a controller just 'is a 50'. Not every single person playing on either Xbox or Windows is literally 'an aimbot'.
These misconceptions are insane that I'm reading on here.
If you're a 25 because 'aim assist', I assure you -- it's not 'because' of aim assist. It's because you are a level 25. Unless you improve in whatever is making you a level 25, and it's not aim assist, you won't get past a level 25.

Yes, sniping with a mouse is extremely easy. I can't imagine thinking it's not. Either you don't know how to snipe in Halo (you follow your target and predict there movement in front. You 'only' flick if you're no scoping) or you simply are on too high of a sensitivity. This is BOTH controller and Mouse & Keyboard issues...because that's reliant on bullet magnetism.
You aren't "losing your battles to aim assist". This is crap summit 1g used to vilify the title for him not understanding what a horrible decision is mid-match, and him not coming to terms with just not being good at a game..he played for all of 2 weeks.

Competitive play. Hilarious.
"You are completely underestimating how many PC players want to play competitively and couldn't care less about unlocks and XP.".
Imagine how narrow minded and out of touch with the competitive community you MUST be to think you can break into the top 32 teams by all of 2 months of playing a Halo game. There are people who grinded Halo for 4 years non-stop who are STILL trying to break into top 32. That's not only disrespectful to ALL of the Halo AM players, but to yourself. You're setting an expectation you won't ever be able to achieve, especially if the complaint is 'I can't get better because aim assist'.

The current consensus here:
"I can't accurately hit shots, so nerf a mechanic that inherently isn't causing me to not hit shots so 'maybe' I can have more of a chance to hit shots".
Yeah, I'm sure that'll certainly allow you to learn how to 5 shot in a game where team communication, knowledge, and situational decision making are inherently more important than perfecting someone. Good idea, community. You're brilliant. Please, build us a rocket ship, too.

Instead of spending your weeks-on-end commenting about how '-Yoink-' aim assist is, why not consider learning how to play the game?
Food for thought.

Last food for thought:
Controls have a default sensitivity of a lower vertical verses horizontal sensitivity. The mouse doesn't have these sliders. The mouse sensitivity is also unnatural feeling comparing it to other games. Not to mention frame skipping, tearing and all the other artifacts that exist. Why are we not discussing these? Why are we attempting to say "Oh, well it's controllers fault our accuracy is bad", instead of thinking "Hm, maybe there is something wrong with the mouse & keyboard implementation"?
This thread should be closed. And re-opened with reference to it with rules as to what to say or do. Because honestly, 78 pages of 'blame' doesn't look good. And it certainly isn't helping that it's mostly the same few hundred people just having a conversation to 'remove controllers all together from existence', as if this is the reason why they just simply cannot aim in this game.
I think the single most hypocritical thing a controller user can say to a kbm user is "you suck, git gud", when controllers need an additional aim assist mechanic (in the form of player magnetism) to even stay relevant.

In the most competitive scenario, balance is what must be thought of first and foremost. And when a simple thing like input method already breaks the balance, you can't have a competitive game.
I think the problem is best summarized as thus:

Controller aim assist for PC is vastly OVERtuned.

KB / M aim assist for PC is vastly UNDERtuned.

It's not as simple as "this good, this bad", but the advantage controller has over KB/M right now is palpable when it comes to things such as strafing and accuracy, and has been proven several times over to exist. The advantages or disadvantages between the two should be vastly minimized.

Nah this game was definitely rushed out lol. No forge, no theatre, and they KNOWINGLY released the game with a technical audio issue that effectively forces you to mute the game and it will also destroy your campaign experience.
CE feels absolutely fine. If anything, this may need to become a Reach issue and not an MCC one.
YamaMX wrote:
CE feels absolutely fine. If anything, this may need to become a Reach issue and not an MCC one.
Yeah most of the issues people are complaining about on this forum were the same issues people complained about back when reach originally launched on 360. People don't like reach, not the MCC.
YamaMX wrote:
Halo CE just has a lot less aim assist than the sequels. Plus MCC CE has good mouse input and there's no visual bugs at high framerates.
SalvoFatts wrote:
YamaMX wrote:
Halo CE just has a lot less aim assist than the sequels. Plus MCC CE has good mouse input and there's no visual bugs at high framerates.
some other forum user had a good point to make and i want to share the same
will CE’s release bring everyone back? i personally say no because halo’s pc port while broken has been out for a long time and og xbox purists have the halo refined mod which fixes a lot of the bugs gearbox caused
Halo CE's assist is strong though. But seems more managable because of the map being more wide and clear with better angle.
SalvoFatts wrote:
YamaMX wrote:
will CE’s release bring everyone back? i personally say no because halo’s pc port while broken has been out for a long time and og xbox purists have the halo refined mod which fixes a lot of the bugs gearbox caused
Yeah I don't see CE brining in many new players. I think Halo 3 will have the biggest draw, maybe Halo 2 as well. I've already seen a ton of kids whining in-game about how sucky the Halo 1 graphics are and wondering why there are no remastered graphics in multiplayer. I think Halo CE will only serve as nostalgia for old players, but I think a good chuck of them will be content with Halo Custom edition with years of mod support behind it.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
SalvoFatts wrote:
YamaMX wrote:
Yeah I don't see CE brining in many new players. I think Halo 3 will have the biggest draw, maybe Halo 2 as well. I've already seen a ton of kids whining in-game about how sucky the Halo 1 graphics are and wondering why there are now remastered graphics in multiplayer. I think Halo CE will only serve as nostalgia for old players, but I think a good chuck of them will be content with Halo Custom edition with years of mod support behind it.
When these kids grow up, they'll learn to appreciate Combat Evolved and not judge it based solely on its graphics... although there are many graphical issues that are still broken because the game uses the Gearbox port. Hopefully, the final release version will fix these issues. If not... well, at least the game is still fun to play.
I'm against aim assist being in the PC version just on principle. But... I've put a few hours into the CE flight now and I'm confident in saying that if you have good consistent mouse aim then you'll be. At the high level mouse will probably have the advantage.

So the real question is if it's a problem at the casual level which we won't know until the game is available to everyone. Casual meaning every player of every skill level that's not putting in second job hours.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
SalvoFatts wrote:
YamaMX wrote:
Quote:
well, at least the game is still fun to play.
And this is all that really matters I have been having a blast. And with Unlimited Ammo turned on it was a Frag fest of flying Aliens. Not had that much fun for quite a while.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
SalvoFatts wrote:
YamaMX wrote:
Yeah I don't see CE brining in many new players. I think Halo 3 will have the biggest draw, maybe Halo 2 as well. I've already seen a ton of kids whining in-game about how sucky the Halo 1 graphics are and wondering why there are no remastered graphics in multiplayer. I think Halo CE will only serve as nostalgia for old players, but I think a good chuck of them will be content with Halo Custom edition with years of mod support behind it.
Anniversary gets mod support as well though. And I'm certain I saw 343 was working towards the goal of making Custom Edition mods retroactivly work with the mod team.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
SalvoFatts wrote:
YamaMX wrote:
Anniversary gets mod support as well though. And I'm certain I saw 343 was working towards the goal of making Custom Edition mods retroactivly work with the mod team.
That would be simply amazing. Getting access to all the content that has been built up over the last nearly 20 years would be fantastic. I played custom edition a ton up until about 2014, and had loads of fun just messing around with all the mods.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
SalvoFatts wrote:
YamaMX wrote:
Do you think that will include Single Player mods, or only multiplayer mods like custom-made maps?
For one final note to all people who complain about Aim Assist... in order for the game to have aim assist reduced or changed, 343 would have to go into the .map file of every single map and mission and edit the weapon aim assist properties of every single weapon tag in each map, one by one. This is not going to happen. Aim Assist exists in the game, and it's not going away. Live with it.
For one final note to all people who complain about Aim Assist... in order for the game to have aim assist reduced or changed, 343 would have to go into the .map file of every single map and mission and edit the weapon aim assist properties of every single weapon tag in each map, one by one. This is not going to happen. Aim Assist exists in the game, and it's not going away. Live with it.
Based on how long it took me to do exactly that in Halo 2 with mod tools back in the day. That's about one tedious work day per game. Probably about an hour for Halo CE since there's only like eight weapons in the whole game.
SalvoFatts wrote:
Based on how long it took me to do exactly that in Halo 2 with mod tools back in the day. That's about one tedious work day per game. Probably about an hour for Halo CE since there's only like eight weapons in the whole game.
I was referring to multiplayer and the entire collection, not just CE. Reach, CE, H2, H3, H4... the whole shebang. And honestly... I just find it annoying when see people say "Reach sux cuz aim assist for controllers!" It was funny at first, but now it's just annoying.
That's why 343 has to put input based matchmaking. It's not fun losing just because crybaby controller players believe aimbot is a balanced mechanic and they think deserve to win with it.

Makes you wonder why the competitive gamemode completely died out in less than a month.
KnightFJS wrote:
That's why 343 has to put input based matchmaking. It's not fun losing just because crybaby controller players believe aimbot is a balanced mechanic and they think deserve to win with it.

Makes you wonder why the competitive gamemode completely died out in less than a month.
I don't play competitive. I play social... for fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 77
  4. 78
  5. 79
  6. 80
  7. 81
  8. ...
  9. 85