Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 78
  4. 79
  5. 80
  6. 81
  7. 82
  8. ...
  9. 85
I was referring to multiplayer and the entire collection, not just CE. Reach, CE, H2, H3, H4... the whole shebang. And honestly... I just find it annoying when see people say "Reach sux cuz aim assist for controllers!" It was funny at first, but now it's just annoying.
When did it get annoying? Was it before or after aim assist made everyone quit Reach?
Jonald5446 wrote:
Hello, I am desperately begging for someone to notice these cries. Aim assist on MCC PC currently is heavily favoring controller players and KB + M players are at a clear disadvantage. This is not me being whiny, this is a well documented case by many pro players and other members of the community. Other games have realized this problem and corrected. PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC OR GROUP CONTROLLER USERS WITH EACH OTHER. It is really unfair, and as someone who has been waiting 10 years to play halo on PC like this, it is super disappointing to know that I am at a huge disadvantage online. All the console kids got it on PC because its the superior version, and my FPS skills from other games dont even matter against the legion of auto aimers.

PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC. STOP PENALIZING PLAYERS FOR USING KB + M
well Kephrii won a 10k tourney playing MKB... so not sure what kind of pros you are watching play, but he didn't have any problem

I'm not saying it isn't crappy. Does it lower the game's skill cap? Absolutely. But are they going to do anything about it? Absolutely not, they are trying to move towards crossplay.

I personally think that there is no truth in being "disadvantaged" as an MKB player. You have to deal with cheaters on competitive ladder games all the time and cheaters still get sacked because they are trash at the game. Just because someone else is playing ridiculously good does not mean that you cannot try to improve yourself. Everything in this game moves so slowly, the fastest moving thing in reach are diving jackals, grunts and elites that are performing evasive manuevers with inhuman reaction time which is something players do not get access to.
Jonald5446 wrote:
Hello, I am desperately begging for someone to notice these cries. Aim assist on MCC PC currently is heavily favoring controller players and KB + M players are at a clear disadvantage. This is not me being whiny, this is a well documented case by many pro players and other members of the community. Other games have realized this problem and corrected. PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC OR GROUP CONTROLLER USERS WITH EACH OTHER. It is really unfair, and as someone who has been waiting 10 years to play halo on PC like this, it is super disappointing to know that I am at a huge disadvantage online. All the console kids got it on PC because its the superior version, and my FPS skills from other games dont even matter against the legion of auto aimers.

PLEASE REDUCE THE EFFECT OF AIM ASSIST ON MCC PC. STOP PENALIZING PLAYERS FOR USING KB + M
well Kephrii won a 10k tourney playing MKB... so not sure what kind of pros you are watching play, but he didn't have any problem

I'm not saying it isn't crappy. Does it lower the game's skill cap? Absolutely. But are they going to do anything about it? Absolutely not, they are trying to move towards crossplay.

I personally think that there is no truth in being "disadvantaged" as an MKB player. You have to deal with cheaters on competitive ladder games all the time and cheaters still get sacked because they are trash at the game. Just because someone else is playing ridiculously good does not mean that you cannot try to improve yourself. Everything in this game moves so slowly, the fastest moving thing in reach are diving jackals, grunts and elites that are performing evasive manuevers with inhuman reaction time which is something players do not get access to.
https://m.twitch.tv/kephrii/clip/RoughClumsyPassionfruitSMOrcHes on twitch talking about how much aim assist there is on controllers, hes using one, so i guess he adapted?
Or did every player have to use mouse and keyboard in the tourney he won? Which tourney?
https://m.twitch.tv/kephrii/clip/RoughClumsyPassionfruitSMOrcHes on twitch talking about how much aim assist there is on controllers, hes using one, so i guess he adapted?
Or did every player have to use mouse and keyboard in the tourney he won? Which tourney?
i'm not sure but it was in early-ish mid january

https://twitter.com/kephrii/status/1189687761768472576?lang=en

but it looks like he's using BOTH here LOL

if he does prefer controller tho, i don't think it's because he thinks he's outclassed/can't compete on MKB... it's probably because controller is just so easy to use that it's more reliable. pros pretty much just take the path of least resistance when concerned with safety and reliability. like it's not that he couldn't, it's that Halo and the way that it doesn't utilize the full potential of MKB, just... why risk missing a shot when you can play controller and miss no shots?

it's kind of like automatic vs manual transmissions. a lot of people like auto, especially since they are getting faster than manuals now. but it's not the same, you don't have the same control over your vehicle in an auto that you do in a manual. the autos are better at general purposing. The manual can do everything the autos can do slightly worse, but an auto can't do everything that a manual can do.

sometimes it's very niche off the wall stuff but is important for stuff like drifting or rally racing. and Halo is just on that general purposing highway driving point A to point B commute side of the analogy, that's the way i see it.

If aim assist was this strong on Overwatch and it was enabled on PC, I would not be surprised if people just started super gluing their nunchuks to their mouses and taking advantage of both peripherals because everything in that game is always flying every which way constantly LOL
SalvoFatts wrote:
I was referring to multiplayer and the entire collection, not just CE. Reach, CE, H2, H3, H4... the whole shebang. And honestly... I just find it annoying when see people say "Reach sux cuz aim assist for controllers!" It was funny at first, but now it's just annoying.
When did it get annoying? Was it before or after aim assist made everyone quit Reach?
After reach launched and everyone kept whining and moaning about how competitive is dead, as if competitive multiplayer is the only reason for any game to exist in their minds. It was funny before launch because the game hadn't even been released.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
KnightFJS wrote:
For one final note to all people who complain about Aim Assist... in order for the game to have aim assist reduced or changed, 343 would have to go into the .map file of every single map and mission and edit the weapon aim assist properties of every single weapon tag in each map, one by one. This is not going to happen. Aim Assist exists in the game, and it's not going away. Live with it.
That's why 343 has to put input based matchmaking. It's not fun losing just because crybaby controller players believe aimbot is a balanced mechanic and they think deserve to win with it.

Makes you wonder why the competitive gamemode completely died out in less than a month.
I don't play competitive. I play social... for fun.
I think the vast majority of players play social and not competitive. Hence the reason competitive matchmaking takes much longer than any social matchmaking. I personally play social because:

1. I don't give a crap about ranks, especially since matchmaking isn't based on rank at all.

2. I love objective modes and there are way more of them on the social playlists. Btb, infection, and swat are also a blast!

3. DMR starts being the only thing available in competitive slayer defeats the purpose of playing Halo and undermines the core mechanic that I enjoy about learning power weapon locations and the race to get there first. Starting with a power weapon (the DMR) is annoying in my opinion.

I would be okay with competitive having AA removed because it wouldn't impact me, but it surely should not be removed for the social/casual players. They don't give a crap about being absolutely "fair". It's about playing for fun for them and not reaching the top of the leaderboards.
Jonald5446 wrote:

If you don't have extremely good/consistent aim all the time then you are at a disadvantage. So many casual, pro, and veteran players claim it is broken and it has been thoroughly tested by multiple people.

I'm not sure why people still try to argue this when everyone from the competent side of the community agrees AA is a problem.
redarmy101 wrote:
How would the grouping work? Right now you can in game be on K+M and then in the same match seamlessly switch to controller. It would be a mistake in my opinion to take away that seamless integration because it is nice to be able to drive with a controller rather than K+M.
Option for aim assist disabled matchmaking. Effectively does the same thing.
I agree, when i played on the original CE(PC), i Believe we had an option to match make with or with out Aim assist.
KnightFJS wrote:
Jonald5446 wrote:

If you don't have extremely good/consistent aim all the time then you are at a disadvantage. So many casual, pro, and veteran players claim it is broken and it has been thoroughly tested by multiple people.

I'm not sure why people still try to argue this when everyone from the competent side of the community agrees AA is a problem.
Because they aren't going to change it.

I played World of Warcraft for 10 years. I played Overwatch for 2 years.

Devs are headstrong and committed to their stupid decisions no matter how stupid they are, especially if they cannot see how stupid they are.

Things will change sooner, for you, based on how you change yourself than they will for everyone, based on how you ask developers to change their game.

Because we've already said "I don't want this in the game" and they have not removed it. You're going to have to do more than that because they are not listening. It isn't enough, which may seem jarring, but is the reality of the situation because you'd think it would be sufficient.

And at the end of the day, I feel like a lot of people don't feel like it's worth their time to beg and plead with a developer to do something right in a port of a 10 year old game when they should have known not to do it wrong in the first place and are going to put up just as much resistance to changing it as they would in a newer game.
Dreamhack Anaheim is Feb 21-23 and will feature Halo Reach on PC. I assume it will be a live broadcast. I am eager to see how many controller players there will be compared to kbm and which input method will win the tournament.

I encourage everyone to tune in and voice their opinions!
D dawgy wrote:
Dreamhack Anaheim is Feb 21-23 and will feature Halo Reach on PC. I assume it will be a live broadcast. I am eager to see how many controller players there will be compared to kbm and which input method will win the tournament.

I encourage everyone to tune in and voice their opinions!
There will be no top teams with MKB and I predict this will be the first and last Reach PC tournament.
I keep saying this, and I'll stand by it: AA needs to stay if we're going to get crossplay against XBox players. I agree that AA shouldn't exist in PC games as it can severely hinder competitive consistency in the game, but I feel like it's worth it ONLY IF we get crossplay against console players. This will guarantee long term longevity for the less populated PC players.

If 343 changes their mind about crossplay, then I say get rid of AA altogether.
I keep saying this, and I'll stand by it: AA needs to stay if we're going to get crossplay against XBox players. I agree that AA shouldn't exist in PC games as it can severely hinder competitive consistency in the game, but I feel like it's worth it ONLY IF we get crossplay against console players. This will guarantee long term longevity for the less populated PC players.

If crossplay wasn't available on launch neither should AA.
D dawgy wrote:

If crossplay wasn't available on launch neither should AA.
They probably won't regardless of crossplay being a thing or not. There are plenty of controller users out there that would be at an unfair advantage on the PC. If they took it out, they'd have to probably nerf keyboard + mouse as the only alternative. Probably making mouse countrols being loose so they wouldn't be as accurate since that's the biggest unfair advantage they have over controller users.

But it's also part of the base game too technically, it's part of the Halo experience. Taking it out when moving to PC would make it less of a Halo experience.

That'd be the only options they'd probably even consider...
I'm surprised this is still ongoing. So you are demanding that AA be removed from the game, yet you seem happy for Mice that can have the DPI changed on the fly to make it highly responsive to highly accurate at the touch of a button. Now why is that you are happy to have a input device that can change its accuracy and input setting on the fly but get all antsy about AA.

And then there's the other problem Everyone who Plays Halo on the Xbox Has to pay for the Privilege of playing MP via Gold Subscription You being on PC don't yet your demanding that AA be removed from the game. Perhaps if you were coughing up money every year to play a game online you could ask for some changes to make it more competitive but till you do I don't think you can demand that all players on the Xbox who pay for the Server and game maintenance Have a feature of the game removed just to make you happy. Because that is what so many of you are doing.

And if they remove AA from the PC then there goes crossplay and then there goes the game for PC, as so many of the comets in this thread demand AA be removed to make it fair and competitive then they would have to remove AA from the Xbox version of the game as well to make it fair and competitive according to so many posters.

Somehow I don't ever see this happening.
There never be a fair solution either way. many want or dont want AA removed many want the community to be split by input while in game. Many just want controllers to learn to play the game with m&k on pc. Eh personally I don't even care anymore on the subject. Cause the way I see it. 343 going to do what they feel is best and it surely will not please everyone and or may please some people. Either way I don't play multiplayer and likely never will with the exception of maybe trying each other game to see how I like it in multiplayer upon there arrival. Though if I don't see one worth playing multiplayer on my prefer mouse & keyboard. Then ya I can at least say at the end I got to play all the campaigns I didn't get to such as halo 3, 4, and reach. Its really the only reason I got MCC plus just to have halo 1 and 2 remake. But If I dont find myself liking multiplayer in the long run. Then I will not be playing the games anymore unless I feel like doing co-op or firefight. And im not complaining I know what I was paying for on what I wanted to do there for im at least glad I get to play and see the story and I can at least say Thank you 343 for that. :D
Alan J T wrote:
I'm surprised this is still ongoing. So you are demanding that AA be removed from the game, yet you seem happy for Mice that can have the DPI changed on the fly to make it highly responsive to highly accurate at the touch of a button. Now why is that you are happy to have a input device that can change its accuracy and input setting on the fly but get all antsy about AA.

And then there's the other problem Everyone who Plays Halo on the Xbox Has to pay for the Privilege of playing MP via Gold Subscription You being on PC don't yet your demanding that AA be removed from the game. Perhaps if you were coughing up money every year to play a game online you could ask for some changes to make it more competitive but till you do I don't think you can demand that all players on the Xbox who pay for the Server and game maintenance Have a feature of the game removed just to make you happy. Because that is what so many of you are doing.

And if they remove AA from the PC then there goes crossplay and then there goes the game for PC, as so many of the comets in this thread demand AA be removed to make it fair and competitive then they would have to remove AA from the Xbox version of the game as well to make it fair and competitive according to so many posters.

Somehow I don't ever see this happening.
Comparing immediate dpi change to aim assist does not even make any sense lmao do you know what you are even typing?
2 things I'm stopping back at this thread to comment.

1. I recently started playing halo mcc on xbox again once in a while due to not being able to find games on pc, and idk if it's because of frame rate, response time or what but i genuinely feel that the aim assist is heavier on PC than it is on xbox. Has anyone else felt this? There could be many variables that could make it appear this way but I find landing consistent shots on pc so much easier on controller than on xbox.

2. After searching for ranked matches (lvl 22 in both TH & TS, Central US Region) for weeks I have come to the conclusion that there are little to no competitive players left. Why would halo's competitive player base leave? I can tell you as a competitive pc player of many years just about nobody in the competitive scene even remotely cares about total time progression systems & unlocks, campaign issues, or any of these other issues that everyone thinks is the reason the player base has declined. Fun consistent matches of balanced matchmaking with no obvious dis/advantages in a competitive setting keeps competitive players engaged and wanting to keep going to reach that next skill level. Rewards within this realm is even more retentive towards hardcore players and these are the players that will stick around and play day after day. Yes casual players need to be tended too as well. But THIS EXACT ISSUE IS ONE OF IF NOT THE TOP ISSUE that has yet to be addressed (other than "yeah we're looking into it") that is keeping the FPS community from staying engaged and playing a fantastic high skill cap game like Halo. If this issue isn't put as a high priority and fixed, the future of Halo on PC will be known only for a 2nd option for xbox competitive players and casual players. Which will not result in player base numbers this game should have. If you want success on PC within a AAA developed FPS game. PC FPS players issues NEED to be addressed and fixed. This game has insane potential to do great things on PC. but if it is treated as an Xbox game on PC that's all it will ever be and we will never see the real potential of what it could truly become on PC.
So far in my opinion halo reach is the only one truly affected by aim assist right now, Halo CE ( in flight ) I noticed does not have the same problems . Maybe because it is based off the Pc gearbox port? possibly. halo 2 in mcc is also based off the halo 2 vista port ( I believe so anyways) We will have to wait and see how halo three is before we can even see if it needs rebalancing as a whole once all the games come out in my opinion. But I notice how it is a lot more balanced in CE and when using a controller in CE it is not as overpowered as reach.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 78
  4. 79
  5. 80
  6. 81
  7. 82
  8. ...
  9. 85