Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 79
  4. 80
  5. 81
  6. 82
  7. 83
  8. ...
  9. 85
So far in my opinion halo reach is the only one truly affected by aim assist right now, Halo CE ( in flight ) I noticed does not have the same problems . Maybe because it is based off the Pc gearbox port? possibly. halo 2 in mcc is also based off the halo 2 vista port ( I believe so anyways) We will have to wait and see how halo three is before we can even see if it needs rebalancing as a whole once all the games come out in my opinion. But I notice how it is a lot more balanced in CE and when using a controller in CE it is not as overpowered as reach.
CE will launch with its own set of issues (i.e. hit registration).
So far in my opinion halo reach is the only one truly affected by aim assist right now, Halo CE ( in flight ) I noticed does not have the same problems . Maybe because it is based off the Pc gearbox port? possibly. halo 2 in mcc is also based off the halo 2 vista port ( I believe so anyways) We will have to wait and see how halo three is before we can even see if it needs rebalancing as a whole once all the games come out in my opinion. But I notice how it is a lot more balanced in CE and when using a controller in CE it is not as overpowered as reach.
By then, cross-play will likely be introduced with input-based matchmaking, making this whole debate irrelevant. I wish more people on here would read the development updates. Game development takes time, and yet the players expect pretty major design changes overnight.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
By then, cross-play will likely be introduced with input-based matchmaking, making this whole debate irrelevant. I wish more people on here would read the development updates. Game development takes time, and yet the players expect pretty major design changes overnight.
Cross play I highly doubt will even be announced by then, the goal right now is to get all the games including halo 4 on to pc before halo infinite release. Halo infinite will probably be the first halo ( first person shooter ) to support crossplay. Adding crossplay into mcc will take a long time and will be a problem implementing. We will probably not see cross play in mcc sad to state.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Cross play I highly doubt will even be announced by then, the goal right now is to get all the games including halo 4 on to pc before halo infinite release. Halo infinite will probably be the first halo ( first person shooter ) to support crossplay. Adding crossplay into mcc will take a long time and will be a problem implementing. We will probably not see cross play in mcc sad to state.
I'm like just to lazy to bother looking at the moment but anyone know if the new Halo Infinite will be one of Microsoft's Play anywhere titles and will it be a freebie on Game pass???????????????????????????
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Uhh again, I wish more players on here would read the development updates. As the devs HAVE announced, cross play IS being developed and input based matchmaking is near the top of the backlog. We still have 5 more Halo games to come out this year. I wouldn't expect cross-play until they at least near finished porting more of the games. It's in the works, so yes we will see it unless the devs decide to just drop all development. There's going to be a full year of development here. They claimed that all the games will come out over the course of 2020, so I expect to see Halo 4 drop around December with the rest of the games evenly spread out throughout the year, given the state of Halo CEA right now.
Alan J T wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
I'm like just to lazy to bother looking at the moment but anyone know if the new Halo Infinite will be one of Microsoft's Play anywhere titles and will it be a freebie on Game pass???????????????????????????
it may even come on pc if we’re lucky, and naturally should be on the game pass
I've changed my mind. It's actually a lot of fun having bullet magnetism ruin my MOUSE gameplay. So I hope they never change it.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Uhh again, I wish more players on here would read the development updates. As the devs HAVE announced, cross play IS being developed and input based matchmaking is near the top of the backlog. We still have 5 more Halo games to come out this year. I wouldn't expect cross-play until they at least near finished porting more of the games. It's in the works, so yes we will see it unless the devs decide to just drop all development. There's going to be a full year of development here. They claimed that all the games will come out over the course of 2020, so I expect to see Halo 4 drop around December with the rest of the games evenly spread out throughout the year, given the state of Halo CEA right now.
I do read the development updates and the devs have announced that crossplay is only being developed between WIndows store and steam it is not however being developed for consoles and pc right now. It is however something they are keeping an eye on and show interest in but however it is not confirmed or one hundred percent happening.
I think there is a better chance of cross play happening then the audio in Reach getting fixed.
Alan J T wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
it may even come on pc if we’re lucky, and naturally should be on the game pass
halo infinite is one hundred percent confirmed launching on pc.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
I do read the development updates and the devs have announced that crossplay is only being developed between WIndows store and steam it is not however being developed for consoles and pc right now. It is however something they are keeping an eye on and show interest in but however it is not confirmed or one hundred percent happening.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-january-2020

This is the backlog in the current post. Both input based matchmaking AND cross-play between Xbox and PC.

Cross-play between windows store and steam versions is already there because it's literally the exact same code just packaged differently and uses Xbox live for the networking.

Quote:
CURRENT BACKLOG
  • Input-based Matchmaking
  • Regional server selection
  • Cross-Play between Xbox & PC
  • Steam account linking
  • VFR improvements
  • Idle system improvements
  • Customization improvements
  • Better ways to report players
  • Bringing PC features to console (like FOV sliders)
  • Additional accessibility support
  • Custom game browser
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:

This is the backlog in the current post. Both input based matchmaking AND cross-play between Xbox and PC.

Cross-play between windows store and steam versions is already there because it's literally the exact same code just packaged differently and uses Xbox live for the networking.

Quote:
CURRENT BACKLOG
  • Steam account linking
  • VFR improvements
  • Custom game browser
It is still not in development, I don't consider something in backlog development don't worry I did see that article and read it all I highly doubt crossplay will come between console and pc
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:

Quote:
CURRENT BACKLOG
  • Steam account linking
  • VFR improvements
  • Custom game browser
It is still not in development, I don't consider something in backlog development don't worry I did see that article and read it all I highly doubt crossplay will come between console and pc
well if it’s in the backlog, that means the developers are actually gonna do something about it
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
As a software developer myself, if we have something in our backlog, that means it WILL get done, it just means we don't have someone actively coding on it yet because everyone is busy with current tasks. Doesn't matter what you "think" a backlog means. As active development features get finished, things will be grabbed from the top of the backlog to be worked. Considering they've been talking about cross-play for several development updates, it seems like it's near the top of the backlog, so I would be surprised if it doesn't enter active development by the time halo 2 or 3 is in the works, but definitely by halo 4.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
As a software developer myself, if we have something in our backlog, that means it WILL get done, it just means we don't have someone actively coding on it yet because everyone is busy with current tasks. Doesn't matter what you "think" a backlog means. As active development features get finished, things will be grabbed from the top of the backlog to be worked. Considering they've been talking about cross-play for several development updates, it seems like it's near the top of the backlog, so I would be surprised if it doesn't enter active development by the time halo 2 or 3 is in the works, but definitely by halo 4.
Well we will wait and see never know what can go wrong on the way. Not the first time game devs stated something and then discarded it, it will be amazing to see don't get me wrong but it will take longer than a year to implement something like cross play into MCC especially with everything else they are working on. You can't say definitely by halo 4 as that is unrealistic given how much that still needs to be done.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
This exactly.

343i are also, thankfully, way more honest in that regard than a certain other developer with a massive fanbase.
HH TrypZ wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
Wow, people are STILL complaining about this and pretending it somehow gives controller users some kind of general advantage over people using a vastly superior input method?

The AA absolutely does not make up for the bevy of other advantages a mouse offers, you people are beyond delusional. The limited sensitivity alone makes pads objectively worse. At close range, the AA makes gamepads competitive, at long rage, it does nothing and mouse users have a massive accuracy advantage. Sure it helps you by snapping your reticle to the player when you're already about on them, but actually getting to that point quickly where the AA can even activate is where the mouse craps all over gamepads. In fact I've had the AA work against me many times, screwing up shots by tracking another player for a split second because they crossed my field of view or were very close to the player I had my sights on. I'd be willing to bet a lot of what players are attributing to the AA is bullet magnetism at work at least in-part as well.

Really just sounds like (mediocre) M+KB players are salty they don't get to absolutely dominate and that gamepad players can actually compete on some level. 343 isn't going to remove the AA because they want people to actually be able to play. People are saying THIS is the reason the population is dropping? Because some salty tryhards think the AA is too strong or just parrot as much because that's what they read online? lolno, making gamepads basically useless and effectively removing the input method half the population uses would do far more damage to the game's longevity, you are a vocal minority. What players ARE fed up with is the botched linear progression and absurd exp grind, and lots are simply waiting for the rest of the games.
And again we have a player who's highest competitive rank is 1 trying to tell everyone it is not an issue. Play past rank 20 in Team Hardcore or Team Slayer and tell me it is not an issue. Landing consistent shots in a ranked gametype is 75% of the battle. The rest is Teamwork/communication and map control.

If you get outshot 90% of the battles you are in, you lose every game. Which you most likely will in a competitive setting at higher levels on KB/M when you are playing skilled controller players who know exactly how to utilize aim assist and strafing to their advantage.
Try it for yourself and then try to justify it. Because there is no justification when you experience it first hand and try both sides of the arguement.
Wow so your only argument is to rank-shame and say "lol u suk"? I don't play ranked because I much prefer to play objective gametypes.

Again, really just sounds like you people are salty over controller users actually being able to compete and that you can't just crap all over them and gloat about it. Landing consistent shots is easier with a mouse, and its not even a contest at long-range where the aim assist doesn't even kick in.
Scaggles wrote:
Wow so your only argument is to rank-shame
well i mean you are trying to speak for an entire community and tell them what is and is not OK when you really... just... like... don't even play the game
Scaggles wrote:
HH TrypZ wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
Wow, people are STILL complaining about this and pretending it somehow gives controller users some kind of general advantage over people using a vastly superior input method?

The AA absolutely does not make up for the bevy of other advantages a mouse offers, you people are beyond delusional. The limited sensitivity alone makes pads objectively worse. At close range, the AA makes gamepads competitive, at long rage, it does nothing and mouse users have a massive accuracy advantage. Sure it helps you by snapping your reticle to the player when you're already about on them, but actually getting to that point quickly where the AA can even activate is where the mouse craps all over gamepads. In fact I've had the AA work against me many times, screwing up shots by tracking another player for a split second because they crossed my field of view or were very close to the player I had my sights on. I'd be willing to bet a lot of what players are attributing to the AA is bullet magnetism at work at least in-part as well.

Really just sounds like (mediocre) M+KB players are salty they don't get to absolutely dominate and that gamepad players can actually compete on some level. 343 isn't going to remove the AA because they want people to actually be able to play. People are saying THIS is the reason the population is dropping? Because some salty tryhards think the AA is too strong or just parrot as much because that's what they read online? lolno, making gamepads basically useless and effectively removing the input method half the population uses would do far more damage to the game's longevity, you are a vocal minority. What players ARE fed up with is the botched linear progression and absurd exp grind, and lots are simply waiting for the rest of the games.
And again we have a player who's highest competitive rank is 1 trying to tell everyone it is not an issue. Play past rank 20 in Team Hardcore or Team Slayer and tell me it is not an issue. Landing consistent shots in a ranked gametype is 75% of the battle. The rest is Teamwork/communication and map control.

If you get outshot 90% of the battles you are in, you lose every game. Which you most likely will in a competitive setting at higher levels on KB/M when you are playing skilled controller players who know exactly how to utilize aim assist and strafing to their advantage.
Try it for yourself and then try to justify it. Because there is no justification when you experience it first hand and try both sides of the arguement.
Wow so your only argument is to rank-shame and say "lol u suk"? I don't play ranked because I much prefer to play objective gametypes.

Again, really just sounds like you people are salty over controller users actually being able to compete and that you can't just crap all over them and gloat about it. Landing consistent shots is easier with a mouse, and its not even a contest at long-range where the aim assist doesn't even kick in.
Nope. Landing consistent shots is extremely harder with a mouse in reach compared to using a controller. Every single person I have talked to that is remotely competent at FPS games agrees too. And it is also backed by casual, pro, and veteran players. And it has been thoroughly tested by several people.

Here's one of the several examples proving aim assist is relative to aim bot hacking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbWn2B3VGuU
KnightFJS wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
HH TrypZ wrote:
Scaggles wrote:

Nope. Landing consistent shots is extremely harder with a mouse in reach compared to using a controller. Every single person I have talked to that is remotely competent at FPS games agrees too. And it is also backed by casual, pro, and veteran players. And it has been thoroughly tested by several people.

Here's one of the several examples proving aim assist is relative to aim bot hacking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbWn2B3VGuU
lol "ITS AIMBOT HACKING GUIZ TRUST ME OMG"

Just stop already
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 79
  4. 80
  5. 81
  6. 82
  7. 83
  8. ...
  9. 85