Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 80
  4. 81
  5. 82
  6. 83
  7. 84
  8. ...
  9. 85
Scaggles wrote:
Wow so your only argument is to rank-shame
well i mean you are trying to speak for an entire community and tell them what is and is not OK when you really... just... like... don't even play the game
lol more "u just don't play" nonsense, because you don't have an argument
Scaggles wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
HH TrypZ wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
Wow, people are STILL complaining about this and pretending it somehow gives controller users some kind of general advantage over people using a vastly superior input method?

The AA absolutely does not make up for the bevy of other advantages a mouse offers, you people are beyond delusional. The limited sensitivity alone makes pads objectively worse. At close range, the AA makes gamepads competitive, at long rage, it does nothing and mouse users have a massive accuracy advantage. Sure it helps you by snapping your reticle to the player when you're already about on them, but actually getting to that point quickly where the AA can even activate is where the mouse craps all over gamepads. In fact I've had the AA work against me many times, screwing up shots by tracking another player for a split second because they crossed my field of view or were very close to the player I had my sights on. I'd be willing to bet a lot of what players are attributing to the AA is bullet magnetism at work at least in-part as well.

Really just sounds like (mediocre) M+KB players are salty they don't get to absolutely dominate and that gamepad players can actually compete on some level. 343 isn't going to remove the AA because they want people to actually be able to play. People are saying THIS is the reason the population is dropping? Because some salty tryhards think the AA is too strong or just parrot as much because that's what they read online? lolno, making gamepads basically useless and effectively removing the input method half the population uses would do far more damage to the game's longevity, you are a vocal minority. What players ARE fed up with is the botched linear progression and absurd exp grind, and lots are simply waiting for the rest of the games.
And again we have a player who's highest competitive rank is 1 trying to tell everyone it is not an issue. Play past rank 20 in Team Hardcore or Team Slayer and tell me it is not an issue. Landing consistent shots in a ranked gametype is 75% of the battle. The rest is Teamwork/communication and map control.

If you get outshot 90% of the battles you are in, you lose every game. Which you most likely will in a competitive setting at higher levels on KB/M when you are playing skilled controller players who know exactly how to utilize aim assist and strafing to their advantage.
Try it for yourself and then try to justify it. Because there is no justification when you experience it first hand and try both sides of the arguement.
Wow so your only argument is to rank-shame and say "lol u suk"? I don't play ranked because I much prefer to play objective gametypes.

Again, really just sounds like you people are salty over controller users actually being able to compete and that you can't just crap all over them and gloat about it. Landing consistent shots is easier with a mouse, and its not even a contest at long-range where the aim assist doesn't even kick in.
Nope. Landing consistent shots is extremely harder with a mouse in reach compared to using a controller. Every single person I have talked to that is remotely competent at FPS games agrees too. And it is also backed by casual, pro, and veteran players. And it has been thoroughly tested by several people.

Here's one of the several examples proving aim assist is relative to aim bot hacking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbWn2B3VGuU
lol "ITS AIMBOT HACKING GUIZ TRUST ME OMG"

Just stop already
Stop what? Stop posting things everyone on the competent side of the community agrees with? Lol.
KnightFJS wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
HH TrypZ wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
Wow, people are STILL complaining about this and pretending it somehow gives controller users some kind of general advantage over people using a vastly superior input method?

The AA absolutely does not make up for the bevy of other advantages a mouse offers, you people are beyond delusional. The limited sensitivity alone makes pads objectively worse. At close range, the AA makes gamepads competitive, at long rage, it does nothing and mouse users have a massive accuracy advantage. Sure it helps you by snapping your reticle to the player when you're already about on them, but actually getting to that point quickly where the AA can even activate is where the mouse craps all over gamepads. In fact I've had the AA work against me many times, screwing up shots by tracking another player for a split second because they crossed my field of view or were very close to the player I had my sights on. I'd be willing to bet a lot of what players are attributing to the AA is bullet magnetism at work at least in-part as well.

Really just sounds like (mediocre) M+KB players are salty they don't get to absolutely dominate and that gamepad players can actually compete on some level. 343 isn't going to remove the AA because they want people to actually be able to play. People are saying THIS is the reason the population is dropping? Because some salty tryhards think the AA is too strong or just parrot as much because that's what they read online? lolno, making gamepads basically useless and effectively removing the input method half the population uses would do far more damage to the game's longevity, you are a vocal minority. What players ARE fed up with is the botched linear progression and absurd exp grind, and lots are simply waiting for the rest of the games.
And again we have a player who's highest competitive rank is 1 trying to tell everyone it is not an issue. Play past rank 20 in Team Hardcore or Team Slayer and tell me it is not an issue. Landing consistent shots in a ranked gametype is 75% of the battle. The rest is Teamwork/communication and map control.

If you get outshot 90% of the battles you are in, you lose every game. Which you most likely will in a competitive setting at higher levels on KB/M when you are playing skilled controller players who know exactly how to utilize aim assist and strafing to their advantage.
Try it for yourself and then try to justify it. Because there is no justification when you experience it first hand and try both sides of the arguement.
Wow so your only argument is to rank-shame and say "lol u suk"? I don't play ranked because I much prefer to play objective gametypes.

Again, really just sounds like you people are salty over controller users actually being able to compete and that you can't just crap all over them and gloat about it. Landing consistent shots is easier with a mouse, and its not even a contest at long-range where the aim assist doesn't even kick in.
Nope. Landing consistent shots is extremely harder with a mouse in reach compared to using a controller. Every single person I have talked to that is remotely competent at FPS games agrees too. And it is also backed by casual, pro, and veteran players. And it has been thoroughly tested by several people.

Here's one of the several examples proving aim assist is relative to aim bot hacking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbWn2B3VGuU

Just stop already
Stop what? Stop posting things everyone on the competent side of the community agrees with? Lol.
"I'm smart ur dumb" lol great argument
Scaggles wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
well i mean you are trying to speak for an entire community and tell them what is and is not OK when you really... just... like... don't even play the game
ok well there are not many people with DUIs who have zero interest in racing that would try to tell someone competing in motorsports how to drive or claim they have any level of authority on a subject
Scaggles wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
HH TrypZ wrote:
Scaggles wrote:

Just stop already
"I'm smart ur dumb" lol great argument
I'm not arguing, I'm stating a clear fact. You've said nothing constructive this whole time and you just keep denying facts everyone has proven and agreed with.

Just admit you're terrible at halo without aim assist, there's nothing wrong with being bad at something.
Halo dreamhack website says mnk or controller allowed.
Anybody see what these teams are using?
Halo dreamhack website says mnk or controller allowed.
Anybody see what these teams are using?
we can only wait and find out i guess
So I know this thread has gotten huge, but I just got done playing a couple rounds of the CE test flight. I will admit that I did play the original Halo CE PC way back when and was very good, but it also had its own share of wild problems. In fact the first match I was leading people the way I did back then with its awful, awful netcode (for 56k support) and had to adjust to the great smooth feel and actually hitting where I was shooting!

That being said my very first game after being out of the loop for probably a decade was more dominant than any game I've played in Reach so far after a decent stint of playing. YES they're different games but it's still fundamentally a Bungie Halo game... the difference in how my opponents felt was dramatic, to say the least.

I know 343 is in between a rock and a hard place here - they want to make sure controller users are well-served and that the experience is consistent. However I do see the short and mid-range firefights being a bit biased towards controller users. Sniping I've found the MKB more than up to the task.

With cross-platform play I think we may be dead in the water when it comes to aim assist being reduced to a "fair" level, which honestly sucks. At this point I'd even take the aim assist being very slightly reduced in JUST PC (leaving it for consoles). I think the grim reality is we're all going to have to find which of these games we think is "fairest" and play them, and I suspect that Halo CE may be biased in the opposite direction as Reach.
Just gonna chime in here, I've been told the game has to swap input methods exclusively between controllers and mouse. Guess what, we're unable to make use of hybrid controls this way. All because of the sticky aim and bullet magnatism you guys have been arguing over for 82 pages of forum messages now.
Say what you will, all controller players at the moment would be better served under hybrid controls, controller in one hand for movement and mouse in the other for aiming. If you haven't tried it before boot up a game that allows for simultaneous input (I use it for emulators. PS2 and Gamecube mostly) and you'll be blown away... or, err, in this case it's your enemies who'll be sent to the next dimension.

Oh, and on topic. I don't believe any control method should get benefits that no other method has. It should be the player's ability to manipulate their controls that decides their performance, no artificial help. That just seems like common sense to me. At the very least it should be a server option on the PC side of things... of course, we'd need dedicated servers and a browser for that, first.

Remember, choice is good and hurts no-one.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm not gonna play MCC if there isn't an option to match with KBM only.
There isn't as far as I can tell, and there probably never will be... If crossplay is one of their goals, it wouldn't make sense to ever allow that option since that goes against the whole purpose of crossplay...
There isn't as far as I can tell, and there probably never will be... If crossplay is one of their goals, it wouldn't make sense to ever allow that option since that goes against the whole purpose of crossplay...
they’d probably want to add input based matchmaking if they care about it
Scaggles wrote:
HH TrypZ wrote:
Scaggles wrote:

I'm not trying to "rank shame" you, I am trying to make a point that you haven't played at a high competitive level to understand the true frustration of playing against players that know how to essentially abuse the aim assist and they know how to do it very well. There is nothing wrong with playing social playlists and playing casually. But there is a very strong competitive side to halo and without this being addressed and fixed there is a 0% chance of any competitive aspects thriving on PC. I am not salty because they can compete, in fact I would love for that to continue to be a reality. I am salty because it is not balanced for competitive play and nearly the entire competitive community of the game has already left. If you put in time on both input methods in ranked you would without a doubt agree.

I've played halo since Halo 2. I have spent thousands of hours in PC fps's. My aim is WELL above average. And yet it is still a struggle with precision weapons. Every competitive player I know has stopped playing (except for 1 and he only pub stomps btb now.) Not because they don't like halo. Because of this exact issue. This game should be thriving within the pc fps community, yet the playerbase is falling every day. If you think that's because of a linear progression system or some issues in campaign you are absolutely delusional. This is one of if not the most commented on post of this entire forums. There's a reason for it. and i'm willing to bet not a single ACTUAL PC player is sitting here arguing against this issue.

I'm not asking for controllers to be obsolete. I'm asking for BalanceAgain why don't you try it yourself (as I have done both inputs for hundreds of games each) and try to see both sides of the discussion to provide unbiased feedback to better the PC version of the game instead of trying to defend controllers obvious extreme advantage
Every game that has crossplay gives you the option to opt-in or opt-out. The point of crossplay isn't meant to force players to do so, it's to allow you to play with your friends
XRyanmanX wrote:
I think the grim reality is we're all going to have to find which of these games we think is "fairest" and play them, and I suspect that Halo CE may be biased in the opposite direction as Reach.
Halo CE doesn't have BR's or DMR'S which is damn near 90-95% of battles in every other halo. That's why it isn't an issue. Mechanics are also quite different.
Scaggles wrote:
Scaggles wrote:
"Don't have an arguement."

As if there isn't 80 pages of it directly on your screen.

Absolutely Incredible.
HH TrypZ wrote:
XRyanmanX wrote:
I think the grim reality is we're all going to have to find which of these games we think is "fairest" and play them, and I suspect that Halo CE may be biased in the opposite direction as Reach.
Halo CE doesn't have BR's or DMR'S which is damn near 90-95% of battles in every other halo. That's why it isn't an issue. Mechanics are also quite different.
The BR and DMR are direct analogs of the magnum, are they not? Nerfed, yes, but 3-5 headshot weapons that are 90%+ of the battles.

The difference is in CE auto-aim is far less aggressive. But yes, mechanics overall are very different. Move crouching for example exists which depending on range can help with bullet magnetism.
Results of DreamHack Anaheim Halo Reach on PC tournament Final:

1st Place: Mantra
Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

2nd Place: Unllimited
Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

What a great PC tournament with a grand total of 0 kbm users in the grand final... smh
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

What a great PC tournament with a grand total of 0 kbm users in the grand final... smh
Source?
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

Source?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/556705698Starting around 5:41:00 they pan on the players.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 80
  4. 81
  5. 82
  6. 83
  7. 84
  8. ...
  9. 85