Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 81
  4. 82
  5. 83
  6. 84
  7. ...
  8. 85
D dawgy wrote:
Results of DreamHack Anaheim Halo Reach on PC tournament Final:

1st Place: Mantra
Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

2nd Place: Unllimited
Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

What a great PC tournament with a grand total of 0 kbm users in the grand final... smh
First-ever "PC" tournament where everyone uses a controller... roflmao

What a clown show.
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

What a great PC tournament with a grand total of 0 kbm users in the grand final... smh
Thank you. Was wondering.
Guess that pretty much ends the argument?
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

First-ever "PC" tournament where everyone uses a controller... roflmao

What a clown show.
Not surprised honestly. It's actually good that they did this tournament so this clearly shows that keyboard and mouse is an input that is incapable of winning with.
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

I think the question that arises is: Would these players still be successful if AA on controller was removed?
There wasn't any M&KB players at the tournament. Nobody should be surprised by this.
D dawgy wrote:
I think the question that arises is: Would these players still be successful if AA on controller was removed?
We all know the answer to that question. Without any aim assist gamepad pros lose 90% of their fights and all of their matches against average mouse players.
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

Another thing i thought of was the future with infinite.
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

Another thing i thought of was the future with infinite.
If the AA on controller is anywhere near the levels of Reach and is similar in ttk values, i'm afraid they will only alienate the PC community. The only players that will be left are xbox users and xbox users that are now playing on PC.

I just hope they have the sense to put input based matchmaking in for the release of infinite.
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

Just because it is a PC tournament doesn't mean you have to use mouse and keyboard, if the pros were forced to use mouse and keyboard they would be terrible at it. A lot of pc players use controllers nowadays. People need to play the game and stop complaining about every little thing they don't agree with its very sad and shows no respect for the hard work 343 has put into this like I said before they don't owe us anything these PC ports are a gift. If you don't like it go back to Fortnite, Apex Legends or Minecraft.
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

Just because it is a PC tournament doesn't mean you have to use mouse and keyboard, if the pros were forced to use mouse and keyboard they would be terrible at it. A lot of pc players use controllers nowadays. People need to play the game and stop complaining about every little thing they don't agree with its very sad and shows no respect for the hard work 343 has put into this like I said before they don't owe us anything these PC ports are a gift. If you don't like it go back to Fortnite, Apex Legends or Minecraft.
Listen, I understand. Without AA on controller, the controller would be irrelevant because let's be honest, controller users need their aim assist to be good. But i don't actually want to see the removal of the controller crutch, just allow an input-based matchmaking opt-in, that is honestly the best solution.

And no, the PC ports aren't a gift. That implies that the receiver got it for free, which we did not. The PC ports cost money even for the people that already bought the MCC on xbox (double dipping).

And i'll assume your last little bit about fortnite, apex etc. is your sad frustrated attempt at an insult. But it's ok, I and >90% of the PC players that played this game on launch already moved back to the games that require actual skill, like counter-strike.
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

Source?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/556705698Starting around 5:41:00 they pan on the players.
i don't even know what to say after seeing that. I truly don't To at least not see 1 m&k makes me think that just sad.
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

Listen, I understand. Without AA on controller, the controller would be irrelevant because let's be honest, controller users need their aim assist to be good. But i don't actually want to see the removal of the controller crutch, just allow an input-based matchmaking opt-in, that is honestly the best solution.

And no, the PC ports aren't a gift. That implies that the receiver got it for free, which we did not. The PC ports cost money even for the people that already bought the MCC on xbox (double dipping).

And i'll assume your last little bit about fortnite, apex etc. is your sad frustrated attempt at an insult. But it's ok, I and >90% of the PC players that played this game on launch already moved back to the games that require actual skill, like counter-strike.
The ports are a gift, and it's your choice if u want to pay to play or not. Talking about how 343 decides to make money off of this is irrelevant. Have fun with CS
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

The ports are a gift, and it's your choice if u want to pay to play or not. Talking about how 343 decides to make money off of this is irrelevant. Have fun with CS
gift
/ɡift/
noun
  1. a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present.
I haven't had to whip out the dictionary on someone in this thread yet, but damn, bro c'mon. The ports are literally not a gift.
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

Do people even hear themselves?
The Current Halo Pros WOULD PLAY ON XBOX where they have been playing for countless years.
You would have an entirely new professional and competitive scene as their should be.

PC players have waited YEARS for this to be a reality on PC what do you mean it's disrespectful to 343?! They just put the same game for the same players on PC. If anything it's disrespectful for them to ignore their entire PC fan base's TOP requested issue and continue on like it isn't blatantly obvious it's jeopardizing the future of the game for PC and ANY chance for a competitive scene or pro circuit to thrive. Halo would absolutely dominate the PC FPS scene but instead we have 3000 controller players playing on pc and the actual PC gamers already have it uninstalled because it's a joke
HH TrypZ wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

Do people even hear themselves?
The Current Halo Pros WOULD PLAY ON XBOX where they have been playing for countless years.
You would have an entirely new professional and competitive scene as their should be.

PC players have waited YEARS for this to be a reality on PC what do you mean it's disrespectful to 343?! They just put the same game for the same players on PC. If anything it's disrespectful for them to ignore their entire PC fan base's TOP requested issue and continue on like it isn't blatantly obvious it's jeopardizing the future of the game for PC and ANY chance for a competitive scene or pro circuit to thrive. Halo would absolutely dominate the PC FPS scene but instead we have 3000 controller players playing on pc and the actual PC gamers already have it uninstalled because it's a joke
I don't even play multiplayer anymore. Cause the easy kills controller have. And thats fine if controllers want to play with there controllers. Though I won't play multiplayer when all I do is find myself easily dieing. Now am I great at the game? No but dang noting more frustrating when I know im doing shots on someone and all it takes is them 3 shots im dead. Likely 3rd shot was a headshot on me. Only solution I see for this game if M&k players ever choose to come back that if this game has input matchmaking. Otherwise it just going to be controllers playing among them self. And i'll just be playing firefight were I can at least have some fun with out feeling like I have were I have little chance. Will i be getting the next halo game that launches later this year? Likely not. Cause I just feel its going to be the same way on that game as well. I don't like controllers for FPS never have and never will. not my preferance and I'll continue using mouse & keyboard as I have been since I got into gaming back in 2004.

I just want to see a balance in this game "mcc" not some oh well throw you in with controllers and hope you get a kill or 2 if your lucky.
I have been using both types of peripherals and I too notice an advantage while using the controller.
D dawgy wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Spartan - Controller
ACE - Controller
bubu dubu - Controller
Falcated - Controller

Eco - Controller
Stellur - Controller
DeadZone - Controller
Tripppey - Controller

"A lot of pc players use controllers nowadays"

Nope. I don't know where you're getting that from but that is wrong.
Show me your source, saying I am wrong.
If you need a source to tell you that KB/M is the primary input (and the one the majority of players use) for gaming on PC, you sir are deluded and there's no debate to be had with you. Also where is your source showing controller is the new primary input for PC games? Because I would love to see that.
If you need a source to tell you that KB/M is the primary input (and the one the majority of players use) for gaming on PC, you sir are deluded and there's no debate to be had with you.
I didn't say controllers are primarily used on pc, I said a lot of people use controllers nowadays on pc.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 81
  4. 82
  5. 83
  6. 84
  7. ...
  8. 85