Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Reduce aim assist on MCC PC

OP Jonald5446

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 83
  4. 84
  5. ...
  6. 85
A.Echo you're a pedant
B.The Aim Assist on controllers NEEDS too be heavily biased in its favor. Did everyone just forget in this community that not only is KB+M just better, it is leagues better? If you reduced/removed the auto aim, it'd be entirely unfair for controller based players, because the skill ceiling on KB+M is once again just that much higher than a controller is. Overnight it would go from controller players having an advantage (Only at close too mid ranges at that) between untrained players, too the controller never being in use just do too it's sheer inferiority. Give KB+M players a few weeks/months to adjust too each new game, I guarantee at least in the competitive circuits we'll see KB+M domination, even without changes too the controllers aim assist. Like seriously what the heck, you'd think half a decade of most FPS e-sports players using KB+M would have tipped this off a while ago to most people.
Oh you mean like the DreamHack Halo on PC tournament this past weekend where not a single player in the final was using kbm? They were ALL using controllers. It's been almost 3 months since the launch of Reach on PC, how much longer do we need to give these kbm players to adjust?
I actually came too a pretty interesting conclusion. It's a known fact that KB+M is more viable, and allows for quicker reaction times in any FPS comparative too its controller counterpart. I came too what should be a simple insight:This is literally the first time in 20 years a lot of people have played halo with KB+M. That would mean in a competitive setting, it's going too take time for the meta too adjust. The entirety of halo combo play, and meta play, is based off of 20 years of controller development. It's going too take time in the competitive and in a lot of scenes, for players to learn how to take advantage of the newly gifted KB+M abilities. And don't try acting like an idiot claiming the controller is inherently superior, by itself key mapping is a HUGE advantage on an individual player level for KB+M, allowing for responsivity that just isn't possible on a controller layout. A mouse is just inherently better for precise aiming and shooting (Don't believe go on Xbox 1's internet browser, then use a regular KB+M, and try to tell me it's the same). It's going too take time, but the sheer superiority of KB+M for a FPS setting will lend itself to this fact, anything else is either stupidity or disingenuous shilling.
I actually came too a pretty interesting conclusion. It's a known fact that KB+M is more viable, and allows for quicker reaction times in any FPS comparative too its controller counterpart. I came too what should be a simple insight:This is literally the first time in 20 years a lot of people have played halo with KB+M. That would mean in a competitive setting, it's going too take time for the meta too adjust. The entirety of halo combo play, and meta play, is based off of 20 years of controller development. It's going too take time in the competitive and in a lot of scenes, for players to learn how to take advantage of the newly gifted KB+M abilities. And don't try acting like an idiot claiming the controller is inherently superior, by itself key mapping is a HUGE advantage on an individual player level for KB+M, allowing for responsivity that just isn't possible on a controller layout. A mouse is just inherently better for precise aiming and shooting (Don't believe go on Xbox 1's internet browser, then use a regular KB+M, and try to tell me it's the same). It's going too take time, but the sheer superiority of KB+M for a FPS setting will lend itself to this fact, anything else is either stupidity or disingenuous shilling.
Wrong. You're delusional and it's already been proven about a billion times kbm is greatly inferior to controller.
Here I've set up a little experiment just to show the difference between the two.
https://mouseaccuracy.com/
Using this website, I took the same test, with the exact same perimeters twice, once using my mouse, once using my wired controller (Thus ruling out the accusations of latency or input delay)
Test A (KB+M) https://i.imgur.com/R19n5aT.png
Test B (Wired Controller) https://i.imgur.com/GJ28UUS.png

If you don't believe me, feel free to try it with your own controller, there isn't excuse now since steam integrates controller support into any PC.
Thus the basic idea stands:KB+M is objectively superior to controller, and it's only going to take time for proper meta adjustments too be made for this difference to be known. No amount of bullet magnetism or aim assist is going to fix the fundamental flaw that a controller is not as responsive or as accurate as KB+M for first person shooters. On a final note this isn't some throwaway controller I grabbed too do this test, it's the same one I beat the Yakuza Kiwami games with and the one I actively use to play Halo MCC.
Here I've set up a little experiment just to show the difference between the two.
https://mouseaccuracy.com/
Using this website, I took the same test, with the exact same perimeters twice, once using my mouse, once using my wired controller (Thus ruling out the accusations of latency or input delay)
Test A (KB+M) https://i.imgur.com/R19n5aT.png
Test B (Wired Controller) https://i.imgur.com/GJ28UUS.png

If you don't believe me, feel free to try it with your own controller, there isn't excuse now since steam integrates controller support into any PC.
Thus the basic idea stands:KB+M is objectively superior to controller, and it's only going to take time for proper meta adjustments too be made for this difference to be known. No amount of bullet magnetism or aim assist is going to fix the fundamental flaw that a controller is not as responsive or as accurate as KB+M for first person shooters. On a final note this isn't some throwaway controller I grabbed too do this test, it's the same one I beat the Yakuza Kiwami games with and the one I actively use to play Halo MCC.
Please read the title of the thread.

This isn't just "KB+M vs Controller", it's a thread about the strong additional aim assist (player magnetism) afforded to controllers that allows them to out perform KB+M.

Yes, KB+M is objectively superior to controller, when controller isn't given an aimbot.
A.Echo you're a pedant
B.The Aim Assist on controllers NEEDS too be heavily biased in its favor. Did everyone just forget in this community that not only is KB+M just better, it is leagues better? If you reduced/removed the auto aim, it'd be entirely unfair for controller based players, because the skill ceiling on KB+M is once again just that much higher than a controller is. Overnight it would go from controller players having an advantage (Only at close too mid ranges at that) between untrained players, too the controller never being in use just do too it's sheer inferiority. Give KB+M players a few weeks/months to adjust too each new game, I guarantee at least in the competitive circuits we'll see KB+M domination, even without changes too the controllers aim assist. Like seriously what the heck, you'd think half a decade of most FPS e-sports players using KB+M would have tipped this off a while ago to most people.
A: Frood. You clearly have no sense of humor. instead you want to insult players?

B: Its why many people have said input matchmaking will likely work base on there prefer input they want to use. Otherwise If there just going to be less players wanting to play this game.
HH TrypZ wrote:
Slickini wrote:
HH TrypZ wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Show me your source, saying I am wrong.
If you need a source to tell you that KB/M is the primary input (and the one the majority of players use) for gaming on PC, you sir are deluded and there's no debate to be had with you.
I didn't say controllers are primarily used on pc, I said a lot of people use controllers nowadays on pc.
Yeah maybe for racing or combat games. No one in their right mind would use a controller rather than mouse and keyboard for FPS games.
There's nothing wrong with using a controller for FPS games. I use one all the time.
Actually, there is, unless you're disabled. Assuming you're not, you are literally missing HUGE advantages that only MKB offers. Halo Reach doesn't allow that which is extremely off-putting.
I'm not disabled. I prefer controller. There's nothing wrong with that.
It is technically wrong :)
There's absolutely nothing wrong with using a controller. There is everything wrong with gaining a significant advantage over the primary input method of a gaming platform by using something else. Especially in a competitive setting.

We shouldn't be bashing controller users here we should be focusing on achieving the best experience possible on PC for pc players
Imagine thinking it's not wrong by being aided with an assist meanwhile thinking mouse and keyboards has too many advantages regardless the need of developing pure muscle memory and precision for accuracy.

We already discussed ways of achieving the best experience possible for MCC and to me cross-play option seems to be the best answer because it allows you to play kbm users only or not. Everyone will be able to use their input of choice without worrying about the strong aim assist that controllers have.
We are on the same side of this arguement, what I don't understand is why you're attacking someone for wanting to use the input device that has been used for halo primarily for nearly 20 years.
I want balanced play where controller players do not have an obvious extreme advantage so the PC version can thrive. This is the #1 issue with the game and it has destroyed the PC player base already. But making controllers completely useless by entirely taking it away is just reversing the issue and an elitist "you can't play with us" view point. It just needs to be balanced so everyone can enjoy the game and competitive play on PC can grow and thrive
Because the game is now on PC, on computer and..... there's no point using a mouse as of now in Halo Reach, and it's a fact that using a mouse is advantageous (go watch neoninja, nategibson or Relaaa to see what I am talking about). Sure we all want a balance and yes we want equal ttk, fairness, etc. but it's just unachievable and the aim assist is just way too good, to the point kbm users literally struggle to keep up. This is the MAIN issue that killed the player base. Taking AA away is actually a very good solution because it will force users to learn KBM, thus making you a better player, but it's bad because you can't use a controller. This is why cross-play or input-based matchmaking are the best solutions to make everyone happy. 343i are just way too slow and they must've put more effort on the kbm use experience from the get-go.
We've been keeping an eye on this thread for some time, as it's become quite a hot topic of discussion within the community. That discussion of late has turned more into flaming and personal attacks, rather than actual civil conversation. We could leave it open and moderate posts as necessary, but for the time being it might be best to take a short breather. As such this topic will be closed
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 83
  4. 84
  5. ...
  6. 85