Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Wondering if when they give us a release date for the beta will they also include the release date for the game.. omg this is taking forever
I doubt it; given how we've had wildly varying flight estimates, I'd wager it'll be months before we get an official release date. Let's just hope flights do start this month while there's still plenty of momentum.
Considering the flights are this month and its the first one, I highly doubt it. When we do participate in the flights, there could be lots more work to do in order for them to release it. They also want to get it right the first time, so it's pretty clear they are taking their time. Good things don't come quickly.

As they have said countless times, it's ready when it's ready.
The game will release fall 2020... alongside Halo Infinite. Yep, trust my words.
I doubt they will give us a beta, sadly. But I heard someone say that it will release in sometime in 2020... Not that long!
Why would they release it the same time as halo infinite, that doesn't make any sense to drop two halo games at the same time..
Didn't 343 say they want the games for MCC done this year? If Reach comes out in 2020 instead of some time this summer or this year, then they might have a bit of a PR problem with the community. If that is the case, expect complaints about the poor estimates and I can tell you those threads do not look pretty.
TextRip wrote:
Why would they release it the same time as halo infinite, that doesn't make any sense to drop two halo games at the same time..
I agree. Releasing MCC content at the same time with Halo Infinite might hurt sales for both games.
WGID wrote:
I doubt they will give us a beta, sadly. But I heard someone say that it will release in sometime in 2020... Not that long!
What is the source for the 2020 release? As far as I am aware, Reach should be coming out this year since that is what 343 has indicated, unless I misinterpreted some information.
Flights are supposed to be starting this month, BUT we do not know what day yet... if they even start this month.
Beta testing was apparently planned for this month, however I thought we'd hear from them by now. We're more than halfway through June, so I'd like to think an announcement is imminent.
I’m personally starting to give up. My guess is the game will never release. The beta will start in August I’m guessing. But by the time the game actually really releases..no one will care anymore.
I’m holding out hope...they really seem determined to do it all justice this time around. There’s a sense of valuing the legacy of Halo that I didn’t feel during original MCC or even Halo 5. That being said, that sense of duty might consume and delude 343 into an egregiously late release date, but I’ve got faith they can deploy a beta, incorporate community feedback, and flesh out a Reach campaign and multiplayer in decent time. Part of me wonders if XBox and PC version will release separately.
I’m personally starting to give up. My guess is the game will never release. The beta will start in August I’m guessing. But by the time the game actually really releases..no one will care anymore.
I agree it's disheartening, but late but good is a lot better than early but bad. E3's just passed and June is still far from over; they've got a full 2 weeks to roll out flighting without missing the deadline. We've waited 9 years for Reach, I think people can wait a few extra months.
I'm fairly certain that the flights will begin in another week or two.
I agree it's disheartening, but late but good is a lot better than early but bad. E3's just passed and June is still far from over; they've got a full 2 weeks to roll out flighting without missing the deadline. We've waited 9 years for Reach, I think people can wait a few extra months.
Considering the MCC is one of the most wishlisted games on Steam, I would disagree about people not caring. Understandably people will be frustrated but they only announced it back in March. They are making some serious progress and being very transparent about the development.
TextRip wrote:
That was a joke
Ark Scarr wrote:
Flights are supposed to be starting this month, BUT we do not know what day yet... if they even start this month.
Heard that -Yoink- for months lol
Remember guys this is going to be the most didficult one because it’s the first one. The next 2 should have a very quick turn around since they have two previous pc ports to reference and experience from reach
Remember guys this is going to be the most didficult one because it’s the first one. The next 2 should have a very quick turn around since they have two previous pc ports to reference and experience from reach
They use different engines though...

It might not be that much quicker to port the following games. I think at this point something like March 2020 for the whole collection to release is realistic.
They use different engines though...

It might not be that much quicker to port the following games. I think at this point something like March 2020 for the whole collection to release is realistic.
I thought they were going to Unreal for the MCC on PC ?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2